Can't get application to Print a File.

ejk66

Hello. New here.  I am trying to automate a daily task to print a schedule from a Windows Application called “Calendar Printing Assistant”  The task can’t be run from outlook due to some overlay limitations in Outlook itself.

I’ve gotten the Application to load, become the active window, select the appropriate calendars and templates. I am at a stop at printing and have explored three options and need advice on the best option and how to proceed.  It appears I cannot use WinMenuSelect as it is a toolbar.

Option One. My first option is to send the print shortcut command and I have done that successfully using Send("^p").  The problem is a second window comes up that allows you to change print options or just hit a “Print” button and print but here I can’t seem to find what to do (to simply select Print). I tried AutoIt’s macrorecorder, but the only thing that gets recorded is the actual window –with the following: _WinWaitActivate("Print","")  When I use AutoIts window info, this is what I get with the Print Dialog:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:    Print

Class:   HwndWrapper[CPAO.EXE;;613004ef-abbf-4d04-a92a-74c17cf08f7d]

Position:          508, 172

Size:     350, 385

Style:   0x16C80000

ExStyle:            0x00000100

Handle:            0x001806EE

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:  

Instance:         

ClassnameNN:

Name:

Advanced (Class):       

ID:       

Text:   

Position:         

Size:    

ControlClick Coords:  

Style:  

ExStyle:           

Handle:           

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position:          625, 249

Cursor ID:        0

Color:  0x55B5E6

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Option Two is to export the file to XPS and then print the XPS file. To export as XPS, I have to access the toolbar. I am unsure of how to do this, but if it were a WinMenuSelect item, the equivalent thing I would try and do is this:

WinMenuSelectItem("[TITLE: Calendar3.calx - Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007]", "", "&File", "Pu&blish As XPS...")

But as it is a toolbar I can’t do that. Here are the toolbar info:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:    Calendar3.calx - Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Class:   Framework::CFrame

Position:          145, 0

Size:     1044, 788

Style:   0x16CF0000

ExStyle:            0x00000100

Handle:            0x00080C58

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:   MsoCommandBar

Instance:          3

ClassnameNN: MsoCommandBar3

Name:

Advanced (Class):        [CLASS:MsoCommandBar; INSTANCE:3]

ID:       

Text:    Menu Bar

Position:          0, 0

Size:     1028, 25

ControlClick Coords:   162, 18

Style:   0x56000000

ExStyle:            0x00000000

Handle:            0x001C00F4

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position:          315, 48

Cursor ID:        0

Color:  0xBFDBFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

MsoDockLeft

Calendar Bar

Calendar Bar

MsoDockTop

Standard

Menu Bar

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

MsoDockRight

MsoDockBottom

MsoWorkPane

Any thoughts on what I can do?  I am good with working with either option or a third option, whatever is the easiest, cleanest and most reliable. I am not a programmer, but did look briefly at a COM option, but I don’t see a COM reference for this application and not sure if that would actually be any easier for me.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. 

Sorry if I'm wrong or if you have already tried this, but can't you just send Enter to have it print?  Since it is automated, I assume that a less-than-technically-perfect solution would work fine:

Send("^p")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{ENTER}")

The sleep is what is not so technical - don't bother trying to find out what the print window is called, just wait for it and send an Enter.  Should do fine, I've done something like this in the past as well.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.