kcvinu

How to add a feature to SCiTE editor

Hi there,

I would like to add a small feature to SciTE editor. When a user types "Opt(" , then a popup box comes with all options related to Opt function. User can scroll through the list. When user selects an item from list, then second parameter of that item should appear in a list. The same feature is applicable for MsgBox function. When a user types "MsgBox(", then a list of flags and explanations should appear. My question is, how to add a feature like this to SciTE editor ?

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

When you would like to have this added to the official SciTE editor, which I am using for our version, you need to go here: http://www.scintilla.org/

Jos

Hi 

Jos

Thank you. Let me check that.. :)

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Beege
      If you have every taken the time to set up a nice dark theme for your scite editor, you probably noticed shortly after a small yet really annoying flaw. For what ever reason, scite is not set up to let you change the caret fore color and caret line color per language. This really sucks if say you want to edit a properties file or any of the many other languages that Scite currently is setup to support. Pretty much all the other languages are set as light theme so unless you change the theme for those file types, you end up with something like below where the line color and caret are still using the dark theme colors. Line 3 in the pic:

To get around this I came up with the following that seems to work pretty well.  

Add the following properties to SciteUser.properties file (Options -> Open User Options File). Update colors to your own needs. You can addionally add any other propertys that dont have a lexer language option in the same fashion.
      # The default values (light themes) will be used for any lexer other than au3 caret.default.fore=#000000 caret.default.line.back=#FFFED8 selection.default.fore=#006000 selection.default.back=#F0A0A8 caret.au3.fore=#FFFFFF caret.au3.line.back=#111111 selection.au3.fore=#C2FFAE selection.au3.back=#f9f9f9  
      Add the following function to PersonalTools.Lua file. As jos pointed out, the OnStartup covers the filetab switches as well as the startup so only need the one function:
      function PersonalTools:OnStartup() -- the "and" + "or" keywords are ternary operators here local sLex = self:IsLexer(SCLEX_AU3) and 'au3' or 'default' props['caret.line.back'] = props['caret.' .. sLex .. '.line.back'] props['caret.fore'] = props['caret.' .. sLex .. '.fore'] props['selection.fore'] = props['selection.' .. sLex .. '.fore'] props['selection.back'] = props['selection.' .. sLex .. '.back'] end
      Last restart SciTE and that should be it. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks

• By ozymandius257
      Is there a way to remove the numbers from the tabs in Scite?
      When you have multiple autoit programs open, the tabs are numbered, so you'll get something like 1 ProgramA.au3    2 Program2.au3   3 Program3.au3
      I am working on programs with numbers as the first character, so I get  1 3-DoThis.au3     2 4-DoAnother.au3   3 5-DoTheRest.au3  (not the real program names, obviously :))
      It would be nice if I could get rid of the tab number, and just have the program name on each tab.

• By SgtHugoStiglitz
      HI people,
                        I got a questions, I maintain code in autoIT and every time I compile a new version or modification, Scite generate 2 folders. One folder is finish by released and the other is tentative. I try to make some google search, but never find answer would satisfied myself. The dev who was maintain it before were using AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI, and I don't know if it's related. I look both folder, but they seem pretty identical, but I would like to know what it's the difference between those to folder. Anyone have a clue?
    • By user4157124
      ConsoleWrite('>Message here.' & @CRLF) outputs colored text (per + > - ! characters).
      ConsoleWrite('warning' & @TAB & '38' & @TAB & 'more text ...' & @CRLF) enables jump to line 38 on doubleclick.

Using "jump to line" format, only red and pink text coloring seems possible (simply prefixing color directives to output-text disables jump to line functionality). Is it possible to combine the two (define custom color while keeping "jump to line" functionality)?
    • By mannworks00
      After testing various schemes (themes) in the settings for the newest SciTE editor (v. 4.1.2), I discovered that I wasn't able to fully reset it back to its original colors (See snapshot). Specifically, after applying the "__SciTE4AutoIt3_Dark ==> Dark SciTE4AutoIt3 Color scheme."
      The problem: The Line number column and the Output console do not reset back to their original colors.
      The Solution: Delete or edit the user config file. You can safely delete the config file because it will completely regenerate on SciTE restart- with it's factory (out of the box) color scheme.
      I also wrote a small script that will do it programatically: How to reset SciTE scheme in version 4.1.2.