Valiante

Prevent GUI appearing on top of full-screen app (like RDP)

Valiante

Hi,

I've searched but can only find posts from people with the opposite problem (asking how to get their GUI to display on top of a full-screen app, usually a game.

I've created a toolbar which I use in a work environment, creating the GUI with the following styles;

$hwnd = GUICreate($title, $toolbarWidth, $height, $left, $top, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))

I want it to have a TOPMOST style as it's supposed to behave like the Windows taskbar (which it does in all but one scenario).

If I start a full-screen RDP session, I can still see my toolbar and have to close it.  Is there a way I can make it appear on top of all windows *except* full-screen apps (in the same way the taskbar allows full-screen apps on top of it)?

Thanks in advance.

Val.
Edited by Valiante

MikahS

I would just check if the active window fills the screen, and if it does, turn off on top of your toolbar.

I would do it like so: >link to topic.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

MikahS

Or you can get the handle to your toolbar and check it with WinGetState(), this will tell you if the application is maximized as well.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Valiante

Thanks for your replies.  I could indeed introduce a loop to check for an active full-screen window, but I was hoping for a style constant (or combination thereof) which might do the trick and order it behind full-screen windows natively, much like the taskbar.

I'm not concerned about maximized windows as I'm using a combination of DllStructCreate and DllCall to leverage the SHAppBarMessage shell function and register my toolbar as an appbar, so its position and dimensions are respected in much the same way as the taskbar, and windows maximize up to it, not over it.

The only issue I've yet to overcome is full-screen windows.  Your suggestion is valid, I'm just hoping for something a little more elegant.

SmOke_N

What happens if you do:

WinSetOnTop($hwnd, "", 1)

Edit:

Sorry, I misread your request.  Indeed you could use WinSetOnTop() more than likely, but you'd have to verify (In a loop) what to look for.  There's no "conditional" constant you can put in the creation of a GUI.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Valiante

Would that not just set my toolbar to the topmost window, in the same way the extended styles are on creation?

EDIT: Just to test the theory, I removed the $WS_EX_TOPMOST extended-style from my GUICreate line and added your line below.  The toolbar remains on top of all windows, including full-screen windows, so the behaviour is the same.

Rgds,

Val.

Edited by Valiante

SmOke_N

Indeed it would, like I said, I misread your initial request.  But like I said, without a checking the state of the active window, you cannot manage your issue correctly.

I've no idea if this will work or not, I do not have a full screen window to popup nor do I feel the urge to create one.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $ghWnd = GUICreate("", 100, 30, 0, 0, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
WinSetState($ghWnd, "", 1)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
    _myWinOnTopIfFullSizeWin($ghWnd, False)
WEnd

Func _myWinOnTopIfFullSizeWin($hWndOnTop, $bOnTop = True)

Local Const $iWidth = @DesktopWidth
    Local Const $iHeight = @DesktopHeight

Local $hActive = WinActive("[ACTIVE]")
    If Not $hActive Then Return $hActive

Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hActive)
    If Not IsArray($aPos) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Local $iOnTop = 0

If $aPos[0] <= 0 And $aPos[1] <= 0 And _
        $aPos[2] >= $iWidth And $aPos[3] >= $iHeight Then
        ; we have a full screen window
        $iOnTop = (($bOnTop) ? 1 : 0)
        WinSetState($hWndOnTop, "", $iOnTop)
        Return $hActive
    EndIf

; do the opposite if we're here of $bOnTop
    $iOnTop = (($bOnTop) ? 0 : 1)
    WinSetOnTop($hWndOnTop, "", $iOnTop)

Return $hActive
EndFunc

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Valiante

Understood - didn't see your edit until just now.  Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sven-Seyfert
      By Sven-Seyfert
      Hi Community,

I use a UDF by @smashly to play a video in a GUI. That works fine for my main monitor.
      But when I change the X and Y positions of the GUI (also for the video) to my second or third monitor, the video plays, I can hear the sound of it, but I don't see the video.

I debugged the UDF and checked the Microsoft description for MCI Command Strings which are used in the UDF (docs.microsoft...) - everything is fine, so I got no clue why the video isn't displayed.

PlayVideoTest.au3:

VideoInGui_by_Smashky.au3 (UDF):

The example video:

It would be great when anyone can help .
      Is there maybe a other way to play (display videos in GUI)?

Thanks for any suggestion - I'm grateful!
      Sven
    • argumentum
      By argumentum
      ..so I have to help someone and remember how to get the session ID,
      then remember how to shadow. All from a command prompt. Not cool.
      So I wrote this,
      Is coded for Windows in English. May work in other languages too.
      ( as long as "qwinsta" runs, this should work )
      For this to work as intended, uncheck "noPrompt", or make the changes
       to the group policy, only if you know what you are doing.
      ( I will not aid anyone on how what, as I'm not qualified )
      This is for when all works as you wish, but have to use the
       command line to shadow a user ( and everyone is in a hurry ).
      This gives you a list of users to just click to help the
      user on a remote session, by guiding them ( view ) or
      interacting with the desktop ( control ).
      I do not advise to change anything on your system, nor to use this,
      but if you find it useful, then, it is a very practical utility.
        I did not post in the examples forum as is not an example worth posting.
        It grabs the text out of qwinsta and runs mstsc. Not a noteworthy example.
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Following script shows a parent GUI with a child GUI initialized as MDICHILD.
      #include <Constants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiReBar.au3> #include <GuiScrollBars.au3> #include <GuiToolbar.au3> #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <ScrollBarConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Global Enum $idNew = 1000, $idOpen, $idSave, $idHelper Global Const $iImageW = @DesktopWidth, $iImageH = @DesktopHeight Global Const $hBMP_ScreenCapture = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", 0, 0, $iImageW, $iImageH, False) Global Const $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hBMP_ScreenCapture) Sleep(50) Global Const $iW = 1500, $iH = 700, $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012 Global Const $hGUI = GUICreate("Move child GUI within GUI", $iW, $iH) Global Const $hToolbar = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create($hGUI) Global Const $hReBar = _GUICtrlRebar_Create($hGUI, BitOR($CCS_TOP, $RBS_VARHEIGHT, $RBS_AUTOSIZE, $RBS_BANDBORDERS)) Global Const $height_delta = 37 Global Const $idPic = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 0, $height_delta + 2, $iW, $iH) Global $hBitmap_tmp, $hHBitmap_tmp $hBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iW, $iH) Global $hGfx_Context = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_tmp) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddBitmap($hToolbar, 1, -1, $IDB_STD_LARGE_COLOR) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idNew, $STD_FILENEW) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idOpen, $STD_FILEOPEN) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idSave, $STD_FILESAVE) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButtonSep($hToolbar) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idHelper, $STD_HELP) _GUICtrlRebar_AddToolBarBand($hReBar, $hToolbar, "", 0) Global Const $iVSscroll = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(2) Global Const $iHSscroll = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(3) Global Const $iYCaption = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(4) Global Const $iYFixedFrame = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(8) Global Const $iXFixedFrame = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(7) Global Const $iMetricsSumX = $iVSscroll + $iXFixedFrame * 2 Global Const $iMetricsSumY = $iHSscroll + $iYCaption + $iYFixedFrame _GUIScrollBars_Init($hGUI) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMin($hGUI, $SB_HORZ, 0) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMax($hGUI, $SB_HORZ, $iImageW - $iW + 61 + $iMetricsSumX) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMin($hGUI, $SB_VERT, 0) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMax($hGUI, $SB_VERT, $iImageH - $iH + $iMetricsSumY + $height_delta - 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Global Const $STM_SETIMAGE = 0x0172 _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hBMP_ScreenCapture)) Global $IE_offset_x = 0, $IE_offset_y = 0 DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_HSCROLL, "WM_HSCROLL_IE") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_VSCROLL, "WM_VSCROLL_IE") Global $iPosX_Crop = 0, $iPosY_Crop = 0, $iW_crop = 200, $iH_crop = 200, $bMove_Crop = True Global $hGUI_IE_Crop = GUICreate("", $iW_crop, $iH_crop, $iPosX_Crop, $iPosY_Crop) GUISetStyle(BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_POPUP), $WS_EX_MDICHILD) _WinAPI_SetParent($hGUI_IE_Crop, $hGUI) WinSetTrans($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", 0xA0) Global $iLable_CropMove = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $iW_crop, $iH_crop, -1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_IE_Crop) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MOVE, "WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "_WM_LBUTTONDOWN") Do Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch Until False GUIRegisterMsg($WM_HSCROLL, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_VSCROLL, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MOVE, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "") _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBMP_ScreenCapture) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_tmp) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx_Context) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit Func WM_HSCROLL_IE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $lParam Local $Min, $Max, $Page, $TrackPos ; Get all the horizontal scroll bar information Local $tSCROLLINFO_X = _GUIScrollBars_GetScrollInfoEx($hWnd, $SB_HORZ) $Min = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nMin") $Max = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nMax") $Page = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPage") ; Save the position for comparison later on $IE_offset_x = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos") $TrackPos = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nTrackPos") #forceref $Min, $Max Local $nScrollCode = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF) Switch $nScrollCode Case $SB_LINELEFT ; user clicked left arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x - 1) Case $SB_LINERIGHT ; user clicked right arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x + 1) Case $SB_PAGELEFT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft left of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x - $Page) Case $SB_PAGERIGHT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft right of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x + $Page) Case $SB_THUMBTRACK ; user dragged the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $TrackPos) EndSwitch DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "fMask", $SIF_POS) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfo($hWnd, $SB_HORZ, $tSCROLLINFO_X) $IE_offset_x = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos") DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) $hHBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap_tmp) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap_tmp)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_tmp) $bMove_Crop = False ConsoleWrite($iPosX_Crop & ", " & $iPosY_Crop & " / " & $IE_offset_x & ", " & $IE_offset_y & @CRLF) WinMove($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop) ;~ DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "MoveWindow", "hwnd", $hGUI_IE_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop, "int", $iW_crop, "int", $iH_crop, "bool", True) $bMove_Crop = True Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_HSCROLL_IE Func WM_VSCROLL_IE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $lParam Local $Min, $Max, $Page, $TrackPos ;~ ; Get all the horizontal scroll bar information Local $tSCROLLINFO_Y = _GUIScrollBars_GetScrollInfoEx($hWnd, $SB_VERT) $Min = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nMin") $Max = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nMax") $Page = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPage") ; Save the position for comparison later on $IE_offset_y = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos") $TrackPos = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nTrackPos") #forceref $Min, $Max Local $nScrollCode = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF) Switch $nScrollCode Case $SB_LINELEFT ; user clicked left arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y - 1) Case $SB_LINERIGHT ; user clicked right arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y + 1) Case $SB_PAGELEFT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft left of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y - $Page) Case $SB_PAGERIGHT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft right of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y + $Page) Case $SB_THUMBTRACK ; user dragged the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $TrackPos) EndSwitch DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "fMask", $SIF_POS) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfo($hWnd, $SB_VERT, $tSCROLLINFO_Y) $IE_offset_y = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos") DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) $bMove_Crop = False ConsoleWrite($iPosX_Crop & ", " & $iPosY_Crop & " / " & $IE_offset_x & ", " & $IE_offset_y & @CRLF) WinMove($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop) ;~ DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "MoveWindow", "hwnd", $hGUI_IE_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop, "int", $iW_crop, "int", $iH_crop, "bool", True) $bMove_Crop = True Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_VSCROLL_IE Func _WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) _SendMessage($hGUI_IE_Crop, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0) EndFunc ;==>_WM_LBUTTONDOWN Func WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $wParam If $hWnd = $hGUI_IE_Crop And $bMove_Crop Then $iPosX_Crop = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) $iPosY_Crop = _WinAPI_HiWord($lParam) EndIf Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop Func WM_SIZE_IE_GUI_Crop($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_SIZE_IE_GUI_Crop Func DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH, 0, 0, $iW, $iH) $hHBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap_tmp) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap_tmp)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_tmp) EndFunc  
      My problem: if you move the child window at left upper corner to another place and move either H or V scrollbar the child GUI will be moved properly. BUT if you have scrolled the scrollbars to the right bottom of the image and move the child GUI to that corner, too then the child GUI jumps if you click on one of the scrollbars.
      Is there something that I didn't consider?
    • Emmhor1
      By Emmhor1
      Hi All,

MAIN QUESTION:
      Is it possible to Call specific function within a GUI

So I have a script with multiple functions although I don't want to use every function every time.
      My Idea is to create a simple GUI which allows me to select what functions I want to use then run the funtions by clicking a button.
      I have already made a GUI which allows me to select specific .exe's I would like to run after selection it runs the .exe one by one.
      This script is on my work laptops and cannot access it right now.

Who can help me with this?
      GUIcreate
      Func1 
      Func2
      Func3
      Then have a boxes which allows me to select the specif Func.(I used GUIChecked and Unchecked in my other script)
      Then a button which executes/calls the selected functions
    • Blois
      By Blois
      Hi Guis,

I need to create keyboard shortcut to navigate the tabs and activate them, but I could not use the code below:
      #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> HotKeySet("^{TAB}", "_TabRight") HotKeySet("^+{TAB}", "_TabLeft") $gui = GUICreate("test",450, 300) $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(20, 24, 425, 201) $TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tabsheet 1") $lbContagemGrupos2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("aaaa", 50, 50) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") $TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") $TabSheet3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd Func _TabRight() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos + 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Func _TabLeft() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos - 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Exit  
      can you help me?