Valiante

Prevent GUI appearing on top of full-screen app (like RDP)

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've searched but can only find posts from people with the opposite problem (asking how to get their GUI to display on top of a full-screen app, usually a game.

I've created a toolbar which I use in a work environment, creating the GUI with the following styles;

$hwnd = GUICreate($title, $toolbarWidth, $height, $left, $top, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))

I want it to have a TOPMOST style as it's supposed to behave like the Windows taskbar (which it does in all but one scenario).

If I start a full-screen RDP session, I can still see my toolbar and have to close it.  Is there a way I can make it appear on top of all windows *except* full-screen apps (in the same way the taskbar allows full-screen apps on top of it)?

Thanks in advance.

Val.
Edited by Valiante

I would just check if the active window fills the screen, and if it does, turn off on top of your toolbar.

I would do it like so: >link to topic.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Or you can get the handle to your toolbar and check it with WinGetState(), this will tell you if the application is maximized as well.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Thanks for your replies.  I could indeed introduce a loop to check for an active full-screen window, but I was hoping for a style constant (or combination thereof) which might do the trick and order it behind full-screen windows natively, much like the taskbar.

I'm not concerned about maximized windows as I'm using a combination of DllStructCreate and DllCall to leverage the SHAppBarMessage shell function and register my toolbar as an appbar, so its position and dimensions are respected in much the same way as the taskbar, and windows maximize up to it, not over it.

The only issue I've yet to overcome is full-screen windows.  Your suggestion is valid, I'm just hoping for something a little more elegant.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

What happens if you do:

WinSetOnTop($hwnd, "", 1)

Edit:

Sorry, I misread your request.  Indeed you could use WinSetOnTop() more than likely, but you'd have to verify (In a loop) what to look for.  There's no "conditional" constant you can put in the creation of a GUI.

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Would that not just set my toolbar to the topmost window, in the same way the extended styles are on creation?

EDIT: Just to test the theory, I removed the $WS_EX_TOPMOST extended-style from my GUICreate line and added your line below.  The toolbar remains on top of all windows, including full-screen windows, so the behaviour is the same.

Rgds,

Val.

Edited by Valiante

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Indeed it would, like I said, I misread your initial request.  But like I said, without a checking the state of the active window, you cannot manage your issue correctly.

I've no idea if this will work or not, I do not have a full screen window to popup nor do I feel the urge to create one.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $ghWnd = GUICreate("", 100, 30, 0, 0, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
WinSetState($ghWnd, "", 1)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
    _myWinOnTopIfFullSizeWin($ghWnd, False)
WEnd

Func _myWinOnTopIfFullSizeWin($hWndOnTop, $bOnTop = True)

Local Const $iWidth = @DesktopWidth
    Local Const $iHeight = @DesktopHeight

Local $hActive = WinActive("[ACTIVE]")
    If Not $hActive Then Return $hActive

Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hActive)
    If Not IsArray($aPos) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Local $iOnTop = 0

If $aPos[0] <= 0 And $aPos[1] <= 0 And _
        $aPos[2] >= $iWidth And $aPos[3] >= $iHeight Then
        ; we have a full screen window
        $iOnTop = (($bOnTop) ? 1 : 0)
        WinSetState($hWndOnTop, "", $iOnTop)
        Return $hActive
    EndIf

; do the opposite if we're here of $bOnTop
    $iOnTop = (($bOnTop) ? 0 : 1)
    WinSetOnTop($hWndOnTop, "", $iOnTop)

Return $hActive
EndFunc

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Understood - didn't see your edit until just now.  Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello all,
      I've been working on 4 standalone scripts. They each have their own GUI and are now independent .exe's. But instead of having 4 separate icons on my computer, is it possible to put them all together into one .exe?
      What I want is one interface with tabs. Each script's GUI would be on their own respective tab. Is this possible?
      The different scripts don't need to communicate with one another. I just want them all in one .exe.
      I can't find this anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have a workplace GUI that has a search field function that pulls up customer records to allow changes. I am attempting to 1)LOGIN 2)Enter Search field, enter a number and then {ENTER} 3)change specific field once customer record loads. I have very limited experience in GUI manipulation but I am able to login using the below:
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/ASAG/index.htm') Call ("RacksheetSignIn") Func RacksheetSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/RackSheets/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc However I can't seem to use the _IEGetObjByName or Mouseclick to focus on the search field to allow me to enter my search criteria. When I "inspect element" in the Search field I get the attached:

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.
      This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
      The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
      Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
      plumbing.
      The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
      figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
      ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file. ; The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay. ; Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future ; plumbing. ; ; The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot ; figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #include-once #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2] ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number] Don't get confused! [Row][Column] Local $i = 0 Local $iLeft = 30 Local $iTop = 30 Local $sName Local $sNumber Local $aArray Local $iMaxCol = 5 Local $iRow = 0 Local $iCol = 0 Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2] $aArray1 = ReadFile() $aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1) _ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers) ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func ReadFile() Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt" Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $aArrayFile Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2] Local $aName Local $sCheckBox1 Const $iL = 10 ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up Local $sFill Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0 ; Put the Names into an Array _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile) For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Names If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next $iCol = 1 $iRow = 0 $sFill = "" For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Numbers If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next Return $aTextFile EndFunc ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the Name and Number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func DisplayNames($aArray1) Local $aName[$iMax] Local $aNumbers[$iMax] $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1) $iMMCount -=1 Local $iWidth = 300 Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30 GUISetFont(12) $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Name Number",1,5) ;$iTop += 30 ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0] $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText) $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the ; new number. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iLeft = 60 GUIStartGroup() $iTop = 28 For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1] $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount) $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1 Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount] Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2] $iLeft = 30 Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idCloseGUI For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1 Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0] Case $GUI_UNCHECKED EndSwitch Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1]) EndSwitch Next ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1 GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1] EndIf Next GUIDelete($hGUI) Return $aCheckedNameNumber EndFunc This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.
      * This is a dummy file with a Name and Number * The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number. Name:Taggart Number:916 Name:Mongo Number:90 Name:Hedley Lamarr Number:22 Name:Bart Number:9999 Name:The Waco Kid Number:2244 If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
      Jibberish
      NameNumber.txt
    • FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      As I was searching this forum I came along something intresting what was new to me.
      CUI/GUI hybrid.
      Whish sounds very usefull to me to compile it all into 1 script.
      So i was fideling around whit it but couldn't get it to work.
      In the real script (not this simplified version) i got a lot of functions whish i can use whan talking to it by commandline and switches.
      I could not get this to work and hope somebody could give me some pointers on how to make it work.
      Also I was hoping iff somebody could help me whit the /? function?
      (I don't know how to output the help text back to the commandline or the function that can help me do it)
      please advice and thanks in advanced.
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #include <Process.au3> #include <Array.au3> If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then If _ProcessGetName(ProcessGetParent(@AutoItPID)) = "cmd.exe" Then ;ConsoleWrite("Program was started in CMD" & @CRLF) If Mod($CmdLine[0], 2) <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "Invalid number of parameters! has to be a multiple of 2!") If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "No parameters passed!") For $i = 1 To $CmdLine[0] Step 2 If $CmdLine[$i] = "/switch" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/switch is " & $CmdLine[$i+1]) If $CmdLine[$i] = "/?" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/? " ) Next _ArrayDisplay($CmdLine) Else #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 239, 65, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 32, 24, 75, 25) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 120, 24, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 button1() Case $button2 button2() EndSwitch WEnd EndIf EndIf Exit Func button1() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func button2() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func ProcessGetParent($i_PID) ;get PID from parent process done by SmOke_N Local $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS = 0x00000002 Local $a_tool_help = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "long", "CreateToolhelp32Snapshot", "int", $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS, "int", 0) If IsArray($a_tool_help) = 0 Or $a_tool_help[0] = -1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, $i_PID) Local $tagPROCESSENTRY32 = _ DllStructCreate( _ "dword dwsize;" & _ "dword cntUsage;" & _ "dword th32ProcessID;" & _ "uint th32DefaultHeapID;" & _ "dword th32ModuleID;" & _ "dword cntThreads;" & _ "dword th32ParentProcessID;" & _ "long pcPriClassBase;" & _ "dword dwFlags;" & _ "char szExeFile[260]" _ ) DllStructSetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, 1, DllStructGetSize($tagPROCESSENTRY32)) Local $p_PROCESSENTRY32 = DllStructGetPtr($tagPROCESSENTRY32) Local $a_pfirst = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32First", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If IsArray($a_pfirst) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, $i_PID) Local $a_pnext, $i_return = 0 If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) If $i_return Then Return $i_return Return $i_PID EndIf While @error = 0 $a_pnext = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32Next", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") If $i_return Then ExitLoop $i_return = $i_PID ExitLoop EndIf WEnd DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) Return $i_return EndFunc ;==>ProcessGetParent  
    • digitalexpl0it
      By digitalexpl0it
      I am trying to use the example code from 
      But when I try it I get the GUi loaded then it closes. Is there a new way to load RDP on windows 10/2016 with AutoIT?

#include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> $width = 1024 $height = 768 $oRDP = ObjCreate("MsTscAx.MsTscAx.10") $GUI = GUICreate("Embedded RDP control Test", $width+20, $height+20, 0, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS) $GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oRDP, 10, 10, $width, $height) GUICtrlSetResizing ($GUIActiveX,$GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUISetState() ; connect to the server. if this is not done first, the child controls are not rendered. ; which is a problem, because we have to change their styles to prevent clipping $oRDP.Server = "" $oRDP.Domain = "" $oRDP.UserName = "" $oRDP.Connect() ; Determine the class name of the ATL control - it seems to be random from system to system Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1) ;0=no, 1=search children also $sATLClass = "" $aClasses = StringSplit(WinGetClassList($GUI,""),@LF) For $i = 1 To $aClasses[0] If StringLeft($aClasses[$i],4) = "ATL:" Then $sATLClass = $aClasses[$i] ExitLoop EndIf Next ; get the handles to the controls that must have their styles modified $hUIContainerClass = ControlGetHandle($GUI, "", "[CLASS:UIContainerClass]") $hUIMainClass = ControlGetHandle($GUI, "", "[CLASS:UIMainClass]") $hATL = ControlGetHandle($GUI, "", "[CLASS:"&$sATLClass&"]") ConsoleWrite("$hUIContainerClass (should not be 0 or blank):" & $hUIContainerClass & @crlf) ConsoleWrite("$hUIMainClass (should not be 0 or blank):" & $hUIMainClass & @crlf) ConsoleWrite("$hATL (should not be 0 or blank):" & $hATL & @crlf) ; modify the styles of the child controls to match those set by the offical client application ; this prevents clipping problems - though, I don't know why Const $WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY1 = 0x4 Const $WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT1 = 0x100000 $hUIContainerClassStyle = BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_VISIBLE) ; 0x56000000 $hUIContainerClassStyleEx = BitOR($WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT1, $WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY1) ; 0x00100004 $hUIMainClassStyle = BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_VISIBLE) ; 0x56080000 $hUIMainClassStyleEx = 0x0 $hATLStyle = BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_VISIBLE) ; 0x56000000 $hATLStyleEx = 0x0 $guiStyle = BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_DLGFRAME, $WS_GROUP, $WS_MAXIMIZE, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_THICKFRAME, $WS_VISIBLE) ; 0x17CF0100 $guiStyleEx = $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE ; 0x00000100 _SetStyle($hUIContainerClass,$hUIContainerClassStyle,$hUIContainerClassStyleEx) _SetStyle($hUIMainClass,$hUIMainClassStyle,$hUIMainClassStyleEx) _SetStyle($hATL,$hATLStyle,$hATLStyleEx) _SetStyle($gui,$guiStyle,$guiStyleEx) Func _SetStyle($hwnd,$style,$exstyle) DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowLong", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", -16, "long", $style) DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowLong", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", -20, "long", $exstyle) EndFunc ; $WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY and $WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT seem to be fairly important ; This may still be important for other projects with similar problems. AdlibRegister ( "checkconn", 1000) Func checkconn() If $oRDP.Connected = 0 Then msgbox(0,"RDP","You got Disconnected: " & $oRDP.Connected) ;_arraydisplay($oRDP) Exit EndIf EndFunc While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd GUIDelete() Exit