TheAutomator

regular expression is not found in dictionary?

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Can someone please say me what i'm missing here?

this little problem is driving me crazy!

i feel so stupid that i have to ask this but why does this script thinks that "=" doesn't exist inside the dictionary?

$regex = ObjCreate("VBScript.RegExp")
$regex.Pattern = "="
$regex.Global = True
$regex.IgnoreCase = True

$test = ObjCreate("scripting.dictionary")
$test.add("=", 2)

$sentence = "="
Local $find = $regex.execute($sentence)

for $part in $find
msgbox(0,1,$part.Value)
MsgBox(0,2,$part.Value = "=")
MsgBox(0,3,$test.exists("="))
msgbox(0,4,$test.exists($part)) ;this should be true!
next

Thanks for any help :)

TheAutomator.

Edited by TheAutomator

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

$part is not the thing that equals "=", $part.Value is. 

MsgBox(0, 4, $test.exists($part.Value)) ;this should be true!
Edited by SadBunny
1 person likes this

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

$part is not the thing that equals "=", $part.Value is. 

MsgBox(0, 4, $test.exists($part.Value)) ;this should be true!

Ow, i see  :doh:

i thought "$part" only would work to.

i'm so confused right now because i was testing it in vbscript in the meantime and have a look at this:

Set regex = New RegExp
regex.Pattern = "="
regex.Global = True
regex.IgnoreCase = True

set test = createobject("scripting.dictionary")
test.add "=", 2

sentence = "="
set find = regex.execute(sentence)

for each part in find
    msgbox part
    msgbox test.exists(part)
next

here "part" really equals "="  :think:

why isn't this working then?

TheAutomator.

I'm not 100% sure about COM object handling in AutoIt, but I guess the problem is that AutoIt has no way to know what field or method to call from the generic COM object to get the toString value.

VBScript is quite a different language. Object oriented, for one. In this case, the RegExp.execute() method returns an object of the type MatchCollection which then your iterator "part" goes through. I guess there is auto-invocation of the .Value getter/field (don't know how that works in VBscript, never used it) when you access it as a string. I.e. it works not because part equals "=", but because the string auto-invoked string representation equals "=".

Note that this is mostly guesswork, mostly based on the example this link: http://www.regular-expressions.info/vb.html

1 person likes this

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ISI360
      By ISI360
      Hi!

I need a little bit help from some RegEx experts please:
      I would make my ISN AutoIt Studio faster when generating the scripttree. And what would be better to do this via regex?
      Problem is i am not really good at this regex stuff. So maybe someone could help me here.

The challange is to get all Global Variables from a script via RegEx in a Array.
      Here is a example script with some tests:
      Global $Var1 = 1234 Local $Local_Var = 1234 $Ignore_me_too = 1234 Global $Var2 = 1234, $var3 = 1242 Global $ahIcons[30], $ahLabels[30] Global Const $Var4 = iniread($inivar1,"jj","jj","") , $var5= iniread($inivar2,"jj","jj","") Global $Var_String = "was" Global $Array_Test[16] = [1,15,16,0,31,15,25,15,25,30,8,30,8,15,1,15] Global Enum $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER = 0, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD Global Const $Delim = '\', $Delim1 = '|' Global $hard1 = "a", _ $hard2 = "b", _ $hard3 = "c"  
      The returning array should look like this:
      $Var1 $Var2 $var3 $Var4 $var5 $Var_String $Array_Test $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD $Delim $Delim1 $hard1 $hard2 $hard3  
      I already made some success with a expression i found in the SciTE Jump Tool:  (\$\w+)(?:[\h\[.=+*/^,)\-])?
      This nearly returns the perfect results. But it does not check if it´s a global variable (with the const and enum options) and also returns variables in commands (for example $inivar1)
      I also found this regex: (?im:^(?=Global|Const|Enum|Static)(?:Global)?\h*(?:Const|Enum|Static)?(?:(?<=Enum)\h+Step\h+[+*-]\d+)?\h*)([^\r\n .\=]+)
      This returns also usefull results...but trying to understand this explodes my head

Maybe someone can help me here?
      Thanks in advance!
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?..
      #include <array.au3> $regexp = StringRegExp("test 'a b c'", "'([^']|'')*'|\S+", 3) _ArrayDisplay($regexp) trying to split this "test 'a b c'  'some other '' test'' ...'" into:
      0: test
      1: 'a b c'
      2: ...
      but it gives me:
      0: test
      1: c
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • willichan
      By willichan
      SQLite database of English words gleaned from free and open source dictionaries
      Current version contains my full dictionary, including all file types. 
      Includes:
      word word type soundex (using my Phonetic Algorythms UDF) word length definition indexed on the word field

• tezhihi
      By tezhihi
      I have a file (see attached file) with a string all line and this problem on here is I want to separate all $00:, $03:, $10:, $20:, $25:, $30:, $40:, $45:, $110:, $115:, $120: and $T. It's mean that each $ with value start a new line ( a new paragraph). I tried with Regular Expression in notepad++ ex:
      Find ($00:, $01:, $03: and so on) with regex (\$)([0-9]+): and replace is \r\n\1\2 (I think \r\n is @CRLF (not sure :() ) Find $T with regex (\$T)(.*?)(\$T) and replace is \1\2\r\n\3 When I try these regex to replace in notepad on StringRegexReplace the results is incorrect . I have read some example simple about regex. Please advise me how to do that with some example on autoit . The result will be in attached photo. Thanks 
      ahihi.txt