souldjer777

Gui updates dynamically with user's input - duplicates it

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Good Morning :) Yes, it's 12 AM here LOL.. so can't say good evening... anywho lol... it's late and I'm losing it haha sry... Love you guys, love the apps and all the support!

I have somewhat lost my mind in the forums and trying to get my gui to update a label from an input box  on the same gui without the gui flashing like crazy... Point is I want to take that user input and VISUALLY use it to update the text in the rest of the gui... Is this possible without this insane flicker / flashing every time the mouse moves?

Am I attacking this the wrong way? I know people have used OnEvent Mode - but I need  it where folks type... not just when the mouse moves or clicks...
 $GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE or $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

If I'm screwed I'm screwed... I'm just to tired to do this right, right now.  "Yeah, to hell with it TARS. Just give it to me straight" - Interstellar

Also - If I offended anyone, please let me know and I'll edit my forum text. I'm just tired.

While 1

If GuiCtrlRead($I_IPAddress01) <> "IP ADDRESS" and GuiCtrlRead($I_ComputerName01) <> "COMPUTER NAME" Then
    GUICtrlSetData($L_IP01, GuiCtrlRead($I_IPAddress01))
    GUICtrlSetData($L_Hostname01, GuiCtrlRead($I_ComputerName01))
    EndIf
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $B_Ping01
            Ping01()
        Case $B_EXIT01
            Exit
        Case $B_NBTSTAT01
            NBTSTAT01()
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

souldjer777,

trying to get my gui to update a label from an input box on the same gui without the gui flashing like crazy

Like this perhaps? ;)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 200, 20)

$hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 100, 200, 20)

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "_WM_COMMAND")

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

WEnd

Func _WM_COMMAND($hWHnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; If it was an update message from our input
    If _WinAPI_HiWord($wParam) = $EN_CHANGE And _WinAPI_LoWord($wParam) = $hInput Then

; Set the label to the new data
        GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, GUICtrlRead($hInput))

EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_COMMAND
I hope that helps. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I have never seen code like that!  :idea:   I have never seen it or heard of it... :ph34r:  LOL, so yes! Thank you! It works amazingly - you must be a AutoIT dev as well :ninja:

You rock Melba23!!!

:sorcerer:

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"

souldjer777,

Glad I could help. :)

But do you understand WHY it works? :huh:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

ViciousXUSMC,

Those functions break up a 64bit integer into 2 separate 32bit integers - they do essentially what I explain in the BitAND & BitShift part of this thread. ;)

M23

Spoiler

I'm going to look at the include file... #include <WinAPI.au3> and I'll read up on _WinAPI_HiWord And  _WinAPI_LoWord function - VERY COOL!!! Thank you again! YOU ARE AN AUTOIT NINJA!!! :ninja: 

souldjer777,

Rather than look in the include - just read the Help file. A relatively small number of people have spent an insane amount of time to make it what it is - one of the best language help files out there. So please benefit from their work. ;)

M23

Spoiler