kcvinu

Can i change cell color in excel with autoit ?

kcvinu

Hi all,

I have a work book which contained some date values. So each time i opened this book, i need to change the back ground color of cells which will come under a specific criteria. Say, cells which contained the date value of current month. I know how to find a specific range of cells. But i don't know how to change the color programatically.  

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Kinshima
Hello,

Hope this helps:

#include <EXCEL.AU3>
Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open(True, False, True, True, True)
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oAppl, 1)

With $oAppl.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
.Range("A1:A1").Interior.Color = 0x330099
EndWith

Please note that color codes in excel are BGR and not RGB

Other fun commands:
.Range("A1:A1").Font.Bold = True
.Range("A1:A1").Font.Color = 0xFFFFFF
.Range("A1:A1").Borders.Color = 0x000000
Edited by Kinshima
  • Like 1

kcvinu
@Kinshima

Wow.. Thanks a  lot. Let me try this. :)

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

kcvinu

@Kinshima,

Yes, it worked. And now i am searching for a BGR color chart

My Contributions

JohnQSmith

Just use an RGB color chart and swap the R and the B.

• Like 1

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

cal

Warning.  Old thread but its the fist one I found that mentions the swap.

Can anyone tell me why the swap is needed.     I've been using ColorIndex and just tried Color instead to get a better shade.   In playing around before coming here I discovered the need for the swap.  It works .... buy why?

_ColorSetRGB()

says RGB in the help file but only gives me the results I want if I use BGR when I use the result in

.Range('A1').Interior.Color

Am I misreading the help file or misreading the Microsoft site?
It works fine but I don't know why.

I was reading from here.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc296089(office.12).aspx

Its not 2007.  I'm using office 365 but the code seems to be the same.  Is this the difference?  Does newer excel versions need it backwards.   That would be odd.  I'm sure its something else I overlooked.

Edited by cal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to perform a subtotal in excel and I would like to automate this process using Autoit if possible like always any and all help will be greatly appreciated. 
      I can not find a good example but the two from Microsoft. Here is one of the two from msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/excel-vba/articles/range-subtotal-method-excel
      I do not really understand how to translate this into AutoIt, but I gave it a try and here is what I have.
      $OpenRange      = "A1:E200" $xlSum          = -4157 $Added_Array[2] = [2, 3] $OpenRange.Subtotal("B1", $xlSum, $Added_Array, True, False, True) I just need to perform a subtotal on a range based on a header called department, and then perform a sum on the results.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
    • Daniza
      By Daniza
      It works fine on my Excel 2007, but after I Emailed My Area Manager he told me after he Enable Macro Security nothing happen's, can someone test this to run on Excel 2016? My AM can't provide me more information 

Thank You in Advance,
      Please see attachment.
      <snip>
    • tuffgong
      By tuffgong
      Good morning. I have a system I am trying to automate that works like this: user fills a column in an Excel spreadsheet with values they would like printed and saves it to a folder on their desktop, they start the script and it formats their data into a text file (adding a prefix) and sends the text file as a .bch file where it needs to go. This is working:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $sSTCArray Global $sFilename = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.txt" Global $sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\Labels.xlsx" Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False,False,False,False,True) barcodePrint() Func barcodePrint() $Read = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, True, False, Default, Default, Default) FileOpen($sFilename, $FO_OVERWRITE) ;Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookAttach($oExcel) Global $sSTCArray = _Excel_RangeRead($Read) For $i = 0 to UBound($sSTCArray, 1) - 1 FileWriteLine($sFilename, "!StaticShelving1x3_ZPL," & $sSTCArray[$i]) Next _Excel_Close($oExcel) FileMove($sFilename, "***file path***\print.bch") EndFunc However, it only works if the user first formats the spreadsheet to text. I want to automate that. From what I have read it appears AutoIt does not like formatting cells that already have values. True? Can I pull the values from an un-formatted (default GENERAL format) spreadsheet and go straight to my text file? I have also considered opening a second spreadsheet, formatting it, and copying the values over. Like this:

Global $sPrefix Global $oPath Global $sSTCArray Global $sFilename = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.txt" Global $sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\Labels.xlsx" Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False,False,False,False,True) Global $aArray Global $bExcel _Excel_BookNew($bExcel) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $aArray = IniReadSection("***File path***\barcode.ini", "stc/rvt/mgm") $sPrefix = $aArray[1][1] $oPath = $aArray[2][1] barcodePrint() EndSwitch WEnd Func barcodePrint() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($bExcel, @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.xlsx") $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Columns("A").NumberFormat = "@" Local $Read = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, True, False, Default, Default, Default) $oCopy = _Excel_RangeRead($sWorkbook) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $oCopy) FileOpen($sFilename, $FO_OVERWRITE) $sSTCArray = _Excel_RangeRead($Read,"Default","Default",3) ;_ArrayDisplay($sSTCArray) For $i = 0 to UBound($sSTCArray, 1) - 1 FileWriteLine($sFilename, $sPrefix & $sSTCArray[$i]) Next _Excel_Close($oExcel) ;FileMove($sFilename, $oPath) Exit EndFunc This does not like the formatting of $oWorkbook: "Variable must be of type 'Object'".  Do I need this second sheet? If so, how can I format it? Is there a better way to get the Excel values into a .txt file? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!