EndFunc   ;==>IsVisible

Func _GetWindows()
; Global $i = 12

;Local $anumber = 0 / or use &i?
    Dim $VisibleWindows[1][2] = [["0", ""]]
    $AllWindows = WinList()
    For $i = 1 To $AllWindows[0][0]
        If IsVisible($AllWindows[$i][1]) Then
            If $AllWindows[$i][0] <> "" And $AllWindows[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" Then
                ReDim $VisibleWindows[UBound($VisibleWindows) + 1][2]
                $VisibleWindows[0][0] = $VisibleWindows[0][0] + 1
                $VisibleWindows[($VisibleWindows[0][0])][0] = $AllWindows[$i][0]
                $VisibleWindows[($VisibleWindows[0][0])][1] = $AllWindows[$i][1]
            EndIf
         Else
        EndIf
    Next
    _ArrayDisplay($VisibleWindows, "Visible Windows")

;If WinClose("Visible Windows", "") = 1 Then Idle()

EndFunc   ;==>_GetWindows

This should display all windows and their respective handels that WinList function can find, and display it in a "Visible Windows" titled arraydisplay. All good there, script runs as expected. I copied the code for the _GetWindows() from here, and implemented it with minimal changes as I recall (sorry I found it more then a month ago).

My problem is that If I try to close the "Visible Windows" Window, the script just reopens anotherone, basicly the only thing I can do is terminate the script somehow after I started to display this. I'm pretty sure that there is something small that I miss, but since I can't really bend my mind around the _GetWindows array creation, I can't really pinpoint why it opens it again when I close it.

(I try to used WinClose but thats just stupid since there is noproblem with closing, the problem is the reopening, realized that while I was writing it)

Thank you for your help!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Sorry, typical Murphy, the problem wasn't originated from the above code.

I made my program that after activating said function it runs it every 200 millisec... Fixed that, works like dream, I only had to post it here first to find the error almost immedietly after it...

Edited by SorryButImaNewbie

It's often the case that writing the problem down or trying to explain it to others triggers a different thought process and the solution becomes obvious. Done it many times myself. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• distancesprinter
      By distancesprinter
      _ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Window Title", "1:", 0, Default, "Column") ; Expected results are rows 1 to the end of the array, all columns. The result is rows 0-1, all columns. The API reference is here:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_ArrayDisplay.htm

Am I doing something wrong?
    • Eddi96
      By Eddi96
      Hello World!
      So I have this code
      #include <Array.au3> Run("C:\Windows\System32\query user>>c:\GTScript\query.txt") $aFileArray = FileReadToArray("c:\GTScript\query.txt") -1 ; NOTE: the first line of the file is in element 0, but that only holds column headers so we start from 1! For $lineIndex = 1 to UBound($aFileArray) ; Let's take every group of non-whitespace characters from the current line and put it in an array: $aSplit = StringRegExp($aFileArray[$lineIndex], "(\S+)", $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH) _ArrayDisplay($aSplit, "All elements on line") ; We know the format of the file, so we know where the values will be in the array: $userName = $aSplit[0] $userId = $aSplit[2] MsgBox(64, "Info", "Username: " & $userName & @CRLF & "ID: " & $userId) Next Do you have an Idea on how to rewrite it so it allways tells me row 2  of a certain user, no matter in which Column of ArrayDisplay he is?
      Post examples please, since I am still a rookie!

With kind regards
      Eddi96
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hi, Please look at the code below:
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> ; -- Created with ISN Form Studio 2 for ISN AutoIt Studio -- ; #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Include <GuiButton.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> Global $hGUI = GUICreate("GUIx",283,120,-1,-1,-1,-1) GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF,$hGUI) $hListX = GUICtrlCreatelistview("ColumnX|ColumnY|ColumnZ",4,4,269,65,4,544) ; GUICtrlCreatelistview("ListX",7,4,269,65,-1,512) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "ColumnX|ColumnY|ColumnZ") $hButtonY = GUICtrlCreateButton("ButtonY",20,80,100,30,-1,-1) $hButtonZ = GUICtrlCreateButton("ButtonZ",160,80,100,30,-1,-1) GUISetState() While True $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $hButtonY AddRows() EndSwitch WEnd Func AddRows() Local $aFiles = _FileListToArray(@ScriptFullPath & '\FolderX', Default, Default, True) _ArrayDisplay($aFiles) Local $aContent[9] For $i = 0 To UBound($aFiles) - 1 MsgBox(0, "", $aFiles) $aContent = FileReadToArray($aFiles[$i]) Next For $i = 0 To UBound($aContent) - 1 Step 3 GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aContent[$i] & '|' & $aContent[$i + 1] & '|' & $aContent[$i + 2], $hListX) Next EndFunc _ArrayDisplay at line no. 33 is not working, I don't know what is happening...
      Thanks in Advance, TD
      P.S Actually the code was for another question but while debugging the code, I encountered this problem
    • pseakins
      By pseakins
      I am running the production version of AutoIt 3.3.10.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.
      I have found that _ArrayDisplay will go blank after several seconds. See the attached screen caps. The delay period is arbitrary. This occurs both in interpretive execution and in a compiled exe. This does not occur when I run the same code on a Windows XP SP3 machine with 3.3.10.2. The condition is consistent (for me) running the following code. 
      #include <Array.au3> Dim $array[10] = ['Running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit', 'Just wait 5 to 30 seconds or so.', _ 'This ArrayDisplay will go blank (grey).', 'Clicking in the display will refresh', _ 'individual lines.', 'See the screencaps.'] _ArrayDisplay($array)

• TechCoder
      By TechCoder
      >Running:(3.3.10.2):
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=ArrayDisplayTest.exe #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <Array.au3> Local $List[10] $List[0] = "JPM" $List[1] = "Holger" $List[2] = "Jon" $List[3] = "Larry" $List[4] = "Jeremy" $List[5] = "Valik" $List[6] = "Cyberslug" $List[7] = "Nutster" $List[8] = "JdeB" $List[9] = "Tylo" _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "") ; 10 rows, all data _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "7") ; 8 rows, no data _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "7:") ; 3 rows, no data _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "|7") ; 10 rows, no data ;_ArrayDisplay($List,"Test of _ArrayDisplay", "|7:" ) ; ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.: _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "7|7") ; 8 rows, no data _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "5:7") ; 3 rows, no data ;_ArrayDisplay($List,"Test of _ArrayDisplay", "|5:7" ) ; ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.: ;_ArrayDisplay($List,"Test of _ArrayDisplay", "7|5:7" ) ; ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.: _ArrayDisplay($List, "Test of _ArrayDisplay", "5:7|7") ; 3 rows, no data ;_ArrayDisplay($List,"Test of _ArrayDisplay", "5:7|5:7" ) ; ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.: