Jon

Forum Upgrade Status

37 posts in this topic

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Signatures have been rebuilt but there is a bug so most bbcode still hasn't converted. In the majority of cases if you just open your signature for editing and then save it, it should be ok.

Edit: I've run a script to fix up 'color' bbcode in signatures. Still have img and url to do.

Edited by Jon

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

There has been a problem with the conversion of posts that contain backslashes outside of code blocks and they have been stripped out.

So this:

C:\Program Files\Something

Will have become this:

C:Program FilesSomething

However anything that was using the [ code] or [ autoit] code boxes will be ok (i.e. the really important stuff) because they were processed differently during the upgrade.

; This will have been ok
$var = "C:\Program Files\Something"

There is no easy way to fix this aside from doing a full rollback to Saturday morning, and as the code boxes are intact I'm not going to do that.

I'm going to write some scripts to look for commonly used paths that are used to fix them up, such as:

C:\Program Files
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Program Files\AutoIt
C:\Program Files\AutoIt\Include

Edited by Jon
1 person likes this

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Fixed up about 2800 posts and signatures that contained links to other topics that didn't work anymore.

The old urls where in the format:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80636&view=findpost&p=753962

The new:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/80636-thesaints-toolbox/?do=findComment&comment=753962

Edited by Jon
1 person likes this

Because of a forum bug, members have temporarily been prevented from deleting their own posts - so think twice before you hit "Submit Reply".

M23

1 person likes this

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I've got an implementation of the code collapse/expand/popup buttons working. This was the main thing missing from the new forum in my mind.

;
; Checks the documentation for various errors

#Region Includes
#include "include\OutputLib.au3"
#EndRegion Includes

#Region Global Variables
#EndRegion Global Variables

#Region Main body of code
Global $g_nExitCode = Main()
Exit $g_nExitCode
#EndRegion Main body of code

#Region Main()
; ===================================================================
; Main()
;
; The main program body.
; Parameters:
;   None.
; Returns:
;   None.
; ===================================================================
Func Main()
  Local $nReturn = 0

; Create the output window and initial message.
  _OutputWindowCreate()
  _OutputProgressWrite("==== Output for " & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, StringLen(".exe")) & " (Help Check) ====" & @CRLF)
  _OutputProgressWrite("Checking... ")

; The path to the Help Check directory.
  Local Const $sPath = @ScriptDir & "\include\Help Check"

; The path to the Help Check script.
  Local Const $sScript = $sPath & "\Help File Check.au3"

; Build the full command to execute.
  Local Const $sCmd = '"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $sScript & '"'

; Run the script.
  $nReturn = _RunWaitForwardOutput("_OutputBuildWrite", $sCmd, $sPath)

; Check the return value.
  If $nReturn Then
    _OutputProgressWrite("failed (" & $nReturn & ")." & @CRLF)
  Else
    _OutputProgressWrite("complete." & @CRLF)
  EndIf

; Write closing message and wait for close (if applicable).
  _OutputProgressWrite("Finished." & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; Two CRLF's in case of chained output.
  _OutputWaitClosed($nReturn)

; Return the value.
  Return $nReturn
EndFunc   ;==>Main
#EndRegion Main()

3 people like this

User notification options appear to have been reset by the upgrade - you will need to reset them.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Since the last upgrade, several members have reported that they cannot get an editor pane when trying to post. 

There is nothing that can be done at the server end -  it seems that this is a cache/browser issue when the editor javascript does not load. The only thing we can suggest is to clear the browser cache and restart the browser.

M23

Spoiler

I've reset the editor, I think the trac button might have been causing issues.

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

There appears to be a problem uploading .au3 files into the Downloads system. I thought it was mime type related but after some testing I'm fairly certain that it's a weird bug caused by the file extension ending with a numeric. I've reported the bug and the workaround for the time being is upload as .zip.

Edited by Jon

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

Removed the geshi code highlighting. It was causing some problems for a few users. No idea why.

Edit: Tweaked the code and re-added for testing.

Edit: And removed again.

Edited by Jon
2 people like this

• Similar Content

• QuickWhiteWolf
      By QuickWhiteWolf
      Hi everyone,

I was previously a member of this forum under the username Wombat. It's been years and multiple email accounts closed since then so I decided to start fresh and take a moment to thank you all... (Admins/Mods let me know if we need to discuss this...)

I started programming with AutoIT while working as a scrap catcher for a machine that chopped scrap into pieces for easier moving, I learned styles and gained strengths from some of the best members on this forum by reverse engineering their code. I gained the confidence of our IT manager by making a boast that I could write an application to replace a p.o.s. cobalt based app we were using on the floor at that time, needless to say I was way in over my head but he saw that I had potential and I luckily had built several other apps on the side that were of equal or greater value to the company. I've been working as help-desk for the past 3 years and writing software as well to facilitate the help desk and solve recurring issues with our users. I was given an office and moved out of help-desk about a year ago, after 5 years of hard work I've actually landed the title of Jr. Developer moving into mid level title/pay this year! The company has already set out an improvement path that sees me with 4 certs and a bachelors in 4 more years making great money. Before this I had only ever worked at gas stations, fast food and manual labor jobs. If you're ever worried about your life, want something more, or just want a change you can do it. It's not easy, not at all, but it's possible and software programming is a very rewarding field if you like to make things and see how others interact with them.

I utilized AutoIT to bring a company into the twenty-first century, away from paper trails and sticky notes improving the quality of life for the employees on the floor (where I started before learning AutoIT). I was given the go ahead to purchase visual studio and I learned VB.Net and built an awesome piece of Zebra labeling software (Utilizing ZPL code translated froma graphical editor) for our shipping department. Now I'm diving head first into C# and we have another programmer on board as we move on to MS Team Services and begin to tackle a sweet new project involving real time awareness of our product on the factory floor utilizing RFID and windows 10 tablets.

That's a long way to come in just 4 years, and I couldn't have done it without the gigantic heart this community has and the mentorship provided for people looking to get into programming.

So from the bottom of my heart, with immense respect.... Thank you so much AutoIT community
    • xerxes300
      By xerxes300
      Hello guys
      I think Stackoverflow Documentation is a really good idea and i want to contribute to my favourite language. We need 4 more contributors to get it accepted in the documentations forum. You need a Stack Overflow account and at least gained 1 positive awnser in the topic AutoIt. If thats the case, you can read more about stackoverflow documentation here:
      http://stackoverflow.com/tour/documentation
      And contribute here:
      http://stackoverflow.com/documentation/autoit
    • JamesPTG
      By JamesPTG
      Hi people, Sorry to post this Topic in this section, but I don't find any Section about the Autoit forum/website. (Moderator fell free to moved it to the right place) I have notice that under Opera 12.17 the Richtext(html) toolbar of the forum do not appear. Cheers, (btw: I still use Opera 12.17 Because I don't find other Browser with is all features !)

• TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      Hi folks, this is a simple little program I whipped up, due to losing two postings in 24 hours some days ago.
      Normally, like many of you, when I know I'm gonna write more than a few lines, for safety, I do my writing in Notepad, and then paste into a post. Same scenario for Facebook, etc.
      Sometimes, I forget or I end up writing far more than I initially foresaw ... or like those two incidents, I was pretty tired as well. I also had an issue where my Netbook was giving my Mouse lag from time to time, so that when I thought I was only clicking on a Firefox tab, it moved at the last millisecond and I clicked on a button, that took me to another site. Once upon a time, when not tired, and with a big red STOP button in the browser, I could react quick enough not to lose everything ... unfortunately that is no longer the case.
      Anyway, enough dribble.
      Here is a little simple basic Text Editor program/window, that has several advantages over Notepad for Forum posting, etc. No doubt it could be improved by clever enterprising minds, but it has enough nifty features to suit me, and possibly be useful to others. Source is included in zip, but be aware, it was crafted with AutoIt v3.3.0.0 so will need updating if you want to modify and not use my exe.
      Also be aware, that UPX was used to reduce the size of the EXE for here.
      The program has Autosave and remembers it's size and position, plus a floating button for quick access. Text is exported to clipboard or an active field with a few clicks. See Info menu.
      WARNING! WebPad uses the clipboard, to achieve elements like Case Change, Quotes, Code, Link & Tab insertion or surround. This is to speed up the process and look less clunky than using SEND. This could potentially interfere with any fancy multi-entry Clipboard program you may actively use. This issue could be coded around.

NOTE - v1.3 has two more buttons (TAB and COPY), one each side of the ON TOP one.
      Floating restore button.

Web Pad v1.3.zip
      (76 downloads previously)
      NEWER VERSION (v2.5) also available - See below.
      See Post #14 for update detail.
      NOTE - If you want to keep things simple, then probably stick to the version of the program above, though there are some important bugfixes.
      Later versions increase in complexity, and are more targeted to my requirements.
      WARNING - Created and updated with AutoIt v3.3.0.0, so the script may have issues running or compiling with later versions of AutoIt.
      Web Pad v2.5 downloads (open the re-direction html page with your browser, don't save)
       Web Pad v2.5.zip
       Web Pad.au3
      Details here.
      Later Screenshots
      (v2.0)

(v2.5) Latest

• Jon
      By Jon
      There are three ways you can posts scripts, these are:
      Inline code Attachments Download system Each has different advantages and disadvantages. In general you should use:
      Inline code - for short code snippets Attachments - for more complicated code larger than a page. Downloads system - for projects or complex libraries  
      Inline Code
      Best for entering short snippets of code Easiest for other users to see May be accidentally modified by forum upgrades or when re-editing your post - it's happened before... ​Inline code is entered using the "Add Code" button in the toolbar and after posting appears with syntax highlighting like this:
      ; This is some AutoIt code MsgBox(4096, "Message", "Hello there!") Code over around 50 lines will appear in a scrollable box. At this point it becomes more difficult for other users to work with and you should consider an attachment instead.

Attachments
      Best for long pieces of code, entire programs, or multiple files Unlikely to be accidentally lost or modified by forum upgrades or when re-editing your post Counts against your global attachment allocation Can be seen in the "username / My Attachments" part of your profile, along with the number of downloads Multiple attachments can be added to a post. As attachments are stored as complete files in the filesystem, they are more robust than inline code snippets.

Downloads System
      Best for very long and complicated projects or libraries that are of significant use to the community Uses a different part of the forum that is optimised for file downloads and features screenshots, change logs, download counts, etc. Does not count against your global attachment allocation This can be accessed here: Downloads System.