TheDcoder

How to get user input in CUI

TheDcoder

How can I get input from the user when my program is compiled as a CUI?

Thanks in advance, TD :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• oceanwind
      By oceanwind
      Hi All:
       How to set the input border color?
      tks in advance
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys this is my gui and i need the numeric value typed in the highlighted  inputbox. if this value is greater than 1 i need to perform some operations
      \

Here is the summary about that field which i got from wininfo tool

i tried writing the code as shown below.. but the msgbox is popping up empty value..when the same code is pasted under some button action i am able to access the value present in the field..but when placed alone as written in the attached script i am unable to fetch it... 

here i am using the valu present in the field

can you guys tell me what's wrong??? or how can i get that value?

My_GUI.au3

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Hey,
      i would like to set a value into an INPUT field.
      Checked the _IEFormElementSetValue function but that does require _IEFormGetObjByName and this is where the problem comes in. The input field I want to write to is not a part of a form tag. It is part of a table.
      <input type="text" class="w2" id="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" name="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" onchange="GLOBAL.pocetInzerceNZ(&quot;nabidka_vozidel_formular&quot;,&quot;tach_od&quot;,&quot;&quot;);" autocomplete="off"> I tried this but that didn't work:
      $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od") _IEFormElementSetValue($oDownloadSamples, "123") If you want to try the site I'm working with is https://www.tipcars.cz/. There is a menu on the top left hand side and if you click the "vyhledat" button the input fields will show up.
      Thanks
    • way1000
      By way1000
      i'm trying to create a program that let's the user type a word in an input field (gui) and when a button is pressed the letters of the word are replaced by 1 word each from a list of words in a text file
      i created the gui for it but i need help to add some more code to make it work like intented

each letter of a word should be replaced by a word from a text file
      the text file is a source for replacing letters is a file with 2 columns separated by tab that contains the entire alphabet (26 rows)

please help if possible

i posted an example gui screenshot

• FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      As I was searching this forum I came along something intresting what was new to me.
      CUI/GUI hybrid.
      Whish sounds very usefull to me to compile it all into 1 script.
      So i was fideling around whit it but couldn't get it to work.
      In the real script (not this simplified version) i got a lot of functions whish i can use whan talking to it by commandline and switches.
      I could not get this to work and hope somebody could give me some pointers on how to make it work.
      Also I was hoping iff somebody could help me whit the /? function?
      (I don't know how to output the help text back to the commandline or the function that can help me do it)
      please advice and thanks in advanced.
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #include <Process.au3> #include <Array.au3> If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then If _ProcessGetName(ProcessGetParent(@AutoItPID)) = "cmd.exe" Then ;ConsoleWrite("Program was started in CMD" & @CRLF) If Mod($CmdLine[0], 2) <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "Invalid number of parameters! has to be a multiple of 2!") If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "No parameters passed!") For $i = 1 To $CmdLine[0] Step 2 If $CmdLine[$i] = "/switch" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/switch is " & $CmdLine[$i+1]) If $CmdLine[$i] = "/?" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/? " ) Next _ArrayDisplay($CmdLine) Else #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 239, 65, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 32, 24, 75, 25) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 120, 24, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 button1() Case $button2 button2() EndSwitch WEnd EndIf EndIf Exit Func button1() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func button2() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func ProcessGetParent($i_PID) ;get PID from parent process done by SmOke_N Local $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS = 0x00000002 Local $a_tool_help = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "long", "CreateToolhelp32Snapshot", "int", $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS, "int", 0) If IsArray($a_tool_help) = 0 Or $a_tool_help[0] = -1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, $i_PID) Local $tagPROCESSENTRY32 = _ DllStructCreate( _ "dword dwsize;" & _ "dword cntUsage;" & _ "dword th32ProcessID;" & _ "uint th32DefaultHeapID;" & _ "dword th32ModuleID;" & _ "dword cntThreads;" & _ "dword th32ParentProcessID;" & _ "long pcPriClassBase;" & _ "dword dwFlags;" & _ "char szExeFile[260]" _ ) DllStructSetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, 1, DllStructGetSize($tagPROCESSENTRY32)) Local $p_PROCESSENTRY32 = DllStructGetPtr($tagPROCESSENTRY32) Local $a_pfirst = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32First", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If IsArray($a_pfirst) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, $i_PID) Local $a_pnext, $i_return = 0 If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) If $i_return Then Return $i_return Return $i_PID EndIf While @error = 0 $a_pnext = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32Next", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") If $i_return Then ExitLoop $i_return = $i_PID ExitLoop EndIf WEnd DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) Return $i_return EndFunc ;==>ProcessGetParent