gononono64

Looking to cancel a keystroke to fully rebind keys

gononono64

Hey im looking to rebind my wasd keys to arrow keys in order to play a game using my phone and chrom remote access. I tried using controlsend to send a arrow keys when i push wasd. Problem lies in that it sends both w (for example) and the up arrow key aswell as asd etc. Any ideas how to get around this?

Exit
_HotKey("w")
_HotKey("a")
_HotKey("s")
_HotKey("d")
_HotKey("x")
Func _HotKey($hotkey = "")
    Switch @HotKeyPressed

Case "w"
            Send("{up}")
        Case "a"
            Send("{left}")
        Case "s"
            Send("{down}")
        Case "d"
            Send("{right}")
        Case "x"
            Exit 0 * MsgBox(64 + 262144, Default, "Exit", 1)
        Case Else
            If Not IsDeclared("hotkey") Then Return MsgBox(16 + 262144, Default, "No CASE statement defined for hotkey " & @HotKeyPressed)
            If HotKeySet($hotkey, "_Hotkey") = 0 Then Return MsgBox(16 + 262144, Default, "Hotkey " & $hotkey & " invalid or set by another application.")
    EndSwitch

EndFunc   ;==>_HotKey

While Sleep(100) ; here should be your application.
WEnd ; meanwhile, here is a dummy loop.

Edited by Exit
  • Like 1

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

gononono64

wow works really well. thank u so much

Scripthen

You just gave him code for a bot... Yet when someone actually needs help with keys for a legitimate application they get ignored?

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Profanity removed

JLogan3o13

Scripthen, as has been stated again and again and again - just report the post and move alone (done, now). The Mod team will deal both with the OP and anyone dumb enough to provide them what they're after.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Scripthen

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Profanity removed

Melba23

Scripthen,

You have just earned yourself a short holiday from the forum - we do not want that kind of language here.

Exit;

Which part of " in order to play a game " in the OP was not clear? Last warning to you not to help those who are blatantly breaking the rules.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,
      I'm trying to send SHIFTDOWN, to keep the Shift key pressed until I close the program or releases the key.
      Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is down. Type something: ") $ret = Msgbox(0,"", "Press and release shift key manually and select [Ok] to continue") $text = InputBox("Shift key up", "Shift key is released manually, now type something: ") Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down Agin", "Shift key is pressed again, now type something: ") In the above program sequence,
      1. Send SHIFTDOWN from program, Works as we type in the text are in Capital letters
      2. Manually presses and releases the SHIFT button. SHIFT key is released as when we type, text is in small letters only.
      3. Again send SHIFTDOWN from program, but not working. When we type the letters are in small letters.

If we send a SHIFTUP  before  sending the SHIFTDOWN again, then it is working correctly and the text appears in capital letters only. Can any one explain why this happens?
      Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is down. Type something: ") $ret = Msgbox(0,"", "Press and release shift key and select [Ok] to continue") $text = InputBox("Shift key up", "Shift key is released manually, now type something: ") Send ( "{SHIFTUP}") sleep(100) Send ( "{SHIFTDOWN}") sleep(100) $text = InputBox("Shift key down", "Shift key is pressed, now type something: ")  
      Thank you.
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, long time since I made a post in the H&S sub-forum
      I am working on a project where in a situation I would have to hold down an arrow key and release it in another statement/command, however when I wrote the code it isn't working exactly like I thought it would. Here is an example:
      Send("{UP down}") Sleep(10000) Send("{UP up}") This should hold the up arrow key for 10 seconds before releasing it again, but when I run this code the cursor in SciTE moves up only once
      If I hold the up arrow manually for 10 seconds it "repeats" and the cursor moves up several times until I release the key... Is this a known limitation of Send? Is there any other way I can accomplish this?
      Thanks for all the help and feedback in advance! TD
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      Run("notepad.exe") GLOBAL $One = ('Line1' & _ 'Line2' & _ 'Line3' & _ 'Line4' & _ 'Line5') ClipPut($One) $Notepad = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10) ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", ("^v")) Instead of having this paste as Line1Line2Line3Line4Line5
      How can I make it paste it into notepad as (without double spacing.)
      Line1
      Line2
      Line3
      Line4
      Line5
    • lganta
      By lganta
      Hello!
      I created some scripts for a simple farming bot a few years ago and they rely on ControlSend.
      A year ago I quit that game and then installed Windows 10 (was using windows 7).
      Recently I installed that game and tried running them again and they seem to work (I have some messages displayed on the screen with the state of the bot ), except for the ControlSend part (which obviously is crucial).
      I started debugging the scripts so I created a basic script that makes use of Send. I tested this with Notepad in focus and works just fine and then with my game window in focus and it didn't work (it's supposed to write that text in an input box from the game).
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Sleep(3000); Send("some text"); MsgBox($MB_OK, "Notification", "Control was sent!");  
      Is there a way for the creators of the game to create some kind of security system against this? Or something happens because I updated to Windows 10?
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thank you!
    • badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      Anyone know how to access the information circled in the photo?