JohnOne

Tesseract Simple Example

7 posts in this topic

That URL is.... exactly from the Github page you refer to.

https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Downloads

Under "3rd party Windows exe's/installer"

The URL is from a German Univercity i guess.

I tested it with your Autoit script but changed the Filepath to the install path.

Works perfectly.

Thanks for that.

1 person likes this

Just another simple example for using tesseract with an image file:

#Include <File.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $img_filename = FileOpenDialog("Image file", @DesktopDir & "\", "Images (*.tif;*.png;*.jpg)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
$ocr_filename = StringLeft($img_filename, StringLen($img_filename) - 4)
$ocr_filename_and_ext = $ocr_filename & ".txt"

;Double quotation marks are for paths containing spaces (tested on Tesseract V3.02)
Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /C " & "tesseract.exe """ & $img_filename & """ """ & $ocr_filename & """", @ProgramFilesDir & "\Tesseract-OCR", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
ProcessWaitClose($iPID)
;This also works:
;ShellExecuteWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Tesseract-OCR\tesseract.exe", " """ & $img_filename & """ """ & $ocr_filename & """")

;Display text in SciTe editor
Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe """ & $ocr_filename_and_ext & """", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      When I click 'open this script' in AutoIt Help the example isn't opening. I tried this (FixHelpFileExamples.au3):
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/68828-opening-an-example-inside-autoitchm-in-scite/?do=findComment&comment=506522
      All is set. But 'open this script' not working. I tried that (batchfile):
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/188272-resolved-random-failure-of-help-to-open-examples/
      This isn't working too.
      What I wonder if my mouse is over 'Copy to clipboard' my cursor is changing to a hand, showing there is a link. If I do the same over 'Open this Script' then mouse is showing the hand for very short time and then getting back to show the arrow. So if I move slowly the cursor over this link it's 'blinking' hand and arrow. What could this be?
      Regards, Conrad
    • newITman
      By newITman
      HI All!
      Im new here and interested in  tesseract ocr.
      There are many examples in the forum but too difficult to me .
      I just want to see how its working in few line cod .
      I have installed  tesseract and microsoft office 2003 .
      My cod:
      $ImageToReadPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image10.jpg"
      $ResultTextPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Result"
      $OutPutPath = $ResultTextPath & "auto.txt"
      ;$TesseractExePath = @ProgramsDir & "\Tesseract.exe"
      $TesseractExePath =@ProgramFilesDir & "\Tesseract-OCR\tesseract.exe"
      ShellExecuteWait($TesseractExePath, '"' & $ImageToReadPath & '" "' & $ResultTextPath & '"', "", "", @SW_HIDE)
      If @error Then
          Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", @error)
      EndIf
      MsgBox(0, "Result", FileRead($OutPutPath))
      FileDelete($OutPutPath)

Please help me.
      my picture:

• nbg15
      By nbg15
      Hello everybody..

i have this picture here *attached* and this script here: 

$ImageToReadPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image2.jpg" $ResultTextPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Result" $OutPutPath = $ResultTextPath & ".txt" $TesseractExePath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Tesseract.exe" ShellExecuteWait($TesseractExePath, '"' & $ImageToReadPath & '" "' & $ResultTextPath & '"', "", "", @SW_HIDE) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", @error) EndIf MsgBox(0, "Result", FileRead($OutPutPath)) FileDelete($OutPutPath)  
      but tesseract doesnt recognized the correct word... and gives me trash back...

this is the image >> 
      and the result was >> "samm" 

the image was an normal jpg and generated with this code here:

_ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image2.jpg", 712,268,853,284)
      Could anybody give me a hint what i can do better to get this easy image to text?

thank u very much!!!

Edit: i also tried to capture the screen as bmp with a higher resolution... nothing changed... 

_ScreenCapture_SetBMPFormat(4) _ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image.bmp", 712,279,853,295)  
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      Several questions around the forum get asked repeatedly:
      How to avoid false-positive Anti-Virus detection? Answered by AutoIt god himself How to make AutoIt software safe from hacking? How to prevent AutoIt software being de-compiled? How to prevent exposure of native AutoIt code? The general answers all go in the direction of (a) can't be done or (b) make it an .a3x script.
      The Wiki contains a single entry under "compiler directives" and the Help File  contains mainly compiler info, with this note

Also see this thread.

So I thought I would make a little demo to actually show how it works.
      Here are the 2 scripts.  The a3x_demo.zip file contains these 2, plus the compiled .a3x file and the .EXE

The body
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_type=a3x #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=a3x_demo.a3x #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: Skysnake Script Function: Demonstates working of a3x Instructions Code as normal Set Compiler option to .a3x as per Help File Compile Note output is (a) .a3x file, (b) now compile wrapper to make .exe file The compiled .a3x is included inside the .exe. To demonstrate, copy .exe to any new location and run. :) #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "a3x demo", "This message box is called from an a3x pre-compiled script " & @CRLF & "will timeout after 10 seconds or select the OK button.", 10) ; code ends  
      The wrapper
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=a3x_wrapper.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: Skysnake Script Function: Wrapper for .a3x demo the INCLUDE line below forces the .a3x to be included in the new .EXE other option is to use FileIsntall and then run the a3x_demo.a3x as an external file NOTE: required in order are the following steps 1. body .au3 script 2. compile body .au3 as .a3x file, include in wrapper 3. wrapper .au3 script, to become the .exe -> compile as .EXE #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - #include "a3x_demo.a3x" ; code ends DOWNLOAD: The ax3_demo.zip file

EDIT:
      2016.07.08 Fixed typos
    • boxme
      By boxme
      I'm trying to get Tesseract to work using the example script here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174483-tesseract-simple-example/ Downloading the script and running it with the example image just gives me a blank readout. Someone else had the same problem here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174476-single-dll-file-for-ocr/#comment-1263034 but doesn't provide an explanation of how they fixed it. Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a fix?