RaiNote

Confussed by Combobox

RaiNote

Good evening all,

My Question is how to make that my GUI Combobox gets a text of an file but If i press some functions it will Show someother Thing but from another file.

ITEM1|ITEM2|ITEM3|...

will be inplented in the Combobox but if it gets as example ITEM3 it will Show up the third one of

1023|7632|3123|...

"3123" will be showed within a MsgBox or written to another file o_o

I am asking because i don't want to make for every single ITEM of the Combobox an GuictrlRead($blabla) >.< would there be a faster way :/

Thanks in advance. ;)

Edited by RaiNote

• C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

kylomas

RaiNote,

Assuming a one to one correspondence of combo items to lines in file...

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiComboBox.au3>
#include <file.au3>
#include <array.au3>

; read the files to arrays...do not populate offest 0 with count
local $aFile1, $aFile2
_FileReadToArray(@scriptdir & '\File1.txt', $aFile1, $FRTA_NOCOUNT)
_FileReadToArray(@scriptdir & '\File2.txt', $aFile2, $FRTA_NOCOUNT)

local $gui010 = guicreate('Combo Example')

local $cFile1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo('',20,50,100,20)
guictrlsetdata($cFile1,_arraytostring($aFile1,'|'),$aFile1[0])

guisetstate()

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $gui_event_close
            Exit
        case $cFile1
            msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL,'Display Record', $aFile2[_GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($cFile1)])
    EndSwitch

WEnd

kylomas

Files used for script...File2.txt   File1.txt 

Edited by kylomas
forgot to post files used for input

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

RaiNote

@kylomas thank you very much It helped quite much :3

• C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• VADemon
      By VADemon
      I've encountered a problem with a single file where I cannot retrieve it's Date-time. So far my code has worked well for over 30 files, but this one is a mystery I cannot debug myself due to insufficient Au3 knowledge.
      In line 11 "_Date_Time_FileTimeToArray" is called and for this particular file it sets the @error to 10. I don't know what that error code means, but it's not set by the _Date functions themselves I think.
      Overall, it could be a problem caused by any of the functions below, how can I properly debug this? / Does anybody know a what's causing this?
      _WinAPI_CreateFile() / _Date_Time_GetFileTime() / _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray()
      Func _SetFileTimes($sFilePath) Local $monthNumber[13] = ["", "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "Juny", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"] Local $dayNumber[7] = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"] Local $fHandle = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, 2, 2) ; read-only ; may NOT return a valid date for some reason! TODO Local $fTagFILETIME = _Date_Time_GetFileTime($fHandle) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($fHandle) ; This will return an empty array if theres no valid date $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray($fTagFILETIME[2]) ; last Modified if @error <> 10 then Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] Global $prettyTimestamp = StringFormat("%s, %s %d, %04d %02d:%02d:%02d", $dayNumber[$weekday], $monthNumber[$month], $day, $year, $hour, $min, $sec) Global $uploadDate = StringFormat("%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day) $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray(_Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime($fTagFILETIME[2])) ; last Modified Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] ; GetUnixTime accounts for Local time, hence feed it local time Global $unixTimestamp = _GetUnixTime($year &"/"& $month &"/"& $day &" "& $hour&":"& $min &":"& $sec) else Global $prettyTimestamp = "N/A" Global $uploadDate = "" Global $unixTimestamp = "N/A" endif endfunc  
      _GetUnixTime returned the year 1601 start date, showing that $fModTime is probably equal 0. (But Why?)
      The file reports these dates in Explorer, it's on local NTFS drive:
      Created: ‎‎Wednesday, ‎31. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎18:55:02
      Modified: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
      Accessed: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
    • Blueman
      By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Hope that you can help me with something, maybe this is a bug in the new version of AUTOIT but first i will check it with you to know for sure.
      I have made a simple GUI with a Embedded IE Object, then i would like to read the HTML with _IEBodyReadHTML(), easy right?
      When i use the old IE.au3 include from a year back or so, it is working fine!
      When i use the new IE.au3 include came with the new installation that is currently available on autoitscript.com it isnt working (i get a result that says; 0).
      Let me show you.

Working Example
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3> #include <IE_PreVersion.au3> ;Older Version Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 1000, 1000) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25) Global $oIE_1 = _IECreateEmbedded() ; CREATE IE OBJECT(S) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_1, 355, 5, 600, 360) _IENavigate($oIE_1, "https://www.google.nl", 1) Local $CheckHTML_T = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_1) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) MsgBox(48,"",$CheckHTML_T) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
      Failing Example
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;New Version Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 1000, 1000) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25) Global $oIE_1 = _IECreateEmbedded() ; CREATE IE OBJECT(S) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_1, 355, 5, 600, 360) _IENavigate($oIE_1, "https://www.google.nl", 1) Local $CheckHTML_T = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_1) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) MsgBox(48,"",$CheckHTML_T) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
      I have attachted all files and i am testing on Windows 10 with the latest SciTe Program (Not compiled). 
      When i compile the script it is showing the same result.
      Thanks guys!
      IE_PreVersion.au3
      IE.au3
      IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3
    • smud
      By smud
      Currently, I'm working on a program that will display Dialog boxes with either Yes or No.
      For each dialog, I reward the user with X amount of Credits.
      I'm hoping to output the amount of credits to a cell in a column (there will be 20 different columns).
      It will only post to a row that is equal to today's date (first column). If no row exists yet with the current date, it will start a new row.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears
      am using an ini files as a History
      Sometimes the file size is be larger to 5 MB
      AutoIt does not recognize the full content of the file
      When I did a search to find out why, I discovered that INI files could not be read if they size larger than 64 KB.
      for that I preferred to ask here if is there any way to bypass this obstacle.
      The contents of the file are  as follows
      [filesList]
      c:\...\...\f1.mp3=00:15:20
      c:\...\...\f2.mp3=00:10:20
      c:\...\...\f3.wav=00:59:20
      ....... Etc
      This is the section for reading the file (adapted from my main script)

case $continue     Local $aArray = IniReadSection($WaitingListFile, StringEncrypt(true, "filesList", $MyPassword))     If Not @error Then Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($scList)         For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0] $path = path_list(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord), 1) if FileExists(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord)) then GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GetFileName(FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord))) & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & " : " & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord)), $scList) else $path = $path endIf         Next GUISetState(@sw_disable, $hGUI) GUISetState(@sw_show, $hGUI2) GUICtrlSetState($SClist, $GUI_FOCUS) else if $accessibilitymode = 1 then speak(str("listEmpty")) endIf endIf
      Is there any way to solve this problem, please?
      am waiting your answers...
      Greetings to All
    • caramen
      By caramen
      Hey.  

I requested help about how to get a value from a text in a variable. 
      Now i know how to do that. But i learned with the command FileRead. Now i whould like to know how to replace the command :
      FileRead('Dossier.txt') The purpose is to read a webpage text. To find some value inside. 

Btw i tryed to play with WindowsInfo.au3 but i dont got much thing.