AJB

IE: Trigger event on _IEFormElementOptionSelect to display hidden div.

3 posts in this topic

Hello, and thank you for your input. I've been searching around to try to find out how to trigger a change when selecting an option from a dropdown using _IEFormElementOptionSelect, but haven't found anything in the forums or via google.

Here is my sample code:

;Select the lead type
$LeadType = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "data[leads_types]")
$LeadType.focus
_IEFormElementOptionSelect($LeadType, "Expired", 1, "byText")

This works to select the value, but it doesn't trigger a date range div that is set with display:none. When done manually there is an event trigger where jquery changes the display setting.

The HTML for the dropdown:

<select name="data[leads_types]" class="selectbox leadselectbox" style="width:140px;" id="lead_options">
<option value="">Lead Type</option>
<optgroup label="Leads">
<option value="1">Divorce</option>
<option value="27">Empty Nesters</option>
<option value="24">Estate Sales</option>
<option value="18">Evictions</option>
<option value="2">Expired</option>
</optgroup>
<optgroup label="CRM">
<option value="11">Cold Lead</option>
<option value="20">Dead</option>
<option value="13">Follow Up Lead</option>
<option value="12">Hot Lead</option>
</optgroup>
</select>

The Html for the div that gets displayed:

<div id="date_selection" style="display: none;float: left;margin-left: 5px; width:390px; ">
      <div style="float: left;font-size:15px">       
        From: <input class="inputTxt3 dtpicker hasDatepicker" style="width:80px;" size="25" name="offer_from_date" id="offer_from_date" value="08/26/2015" type="text"> 
        To: <input class="inputTxt3 dtpicker hasDatepicker" style="width:80px;" size="25" name="offer_to_date" id="offer_to_date" value="09/10/2015" type="text">
     </div>   
     <div style="display: block; float: left;margin-left: 5px;font-size:13px" id="searchTypeDiv">
        <span title="Search for Recorded or Filed Dates">Record Date</span> <input type="radio" name="searchDateType" value="r">
        <br>
        <span title="Search for the date RG found the record">Insert Date&nbsp;&nbsp;</span> <input type="radio" name="searchDateType" value="i" checked="">
    </div>
</div>

I've tried changing the values when it isn't displayed, but that doesn't work. I need to find out how to trigger that event. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Can you just use send and send the correct amount of tabs or down arrows to get to the desired end result?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

There's likely some Javascript code that you will need to execute in order for the div block to become visible. Can you provide the link to the website? If not, then you will need to examine the web page's underlying code to try to find the exact Javascript function to call.