Chris86

REST API - Post XML data with HTTP

Chris86

Hello,

I'm in the making of a script that needs to post XML data through HTTPS to our ServiceDesk Plus MSP service. I'm running into trouble because I have never made any scripts using HTTP with POST and I cannot see what I'm doing wrong here.

Can someone help me or should I find help somewhere else?

$URLSDP="" ;REMOVED - cannot publish this. this is the HTTPS url to our ServiceDesk
$TechnicianKey="" ;REMOVED
$ID="" ; Request ID

$sPostData = "OPERATION_NAME=ADD_NOTE&INPUT_DATA=<Operation><Details><Notes><Note><isPublic>false</isPublic><notesText>Text added to the note</notesText></Note></Notes></Details></Operation>&format=XML"
$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")
$oHTTP.Open("POST", $URLSDP & "/sdpapi/request/"& $ID & "/note?TECHNICIAN_KEY="& $TechnicianKey, False)
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "xml")
$oHTTP.Send($sPostData)
$oReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText
$oStatusCode = $oHTTP.Status

ConsoleWrite($oStatusCode & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($oReceived & @CRLF)
If $oStatusCode = 200 Then
    ;Process the response $oReceived
    ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Response" & @CRLF & $oReceived & @CRLF)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error " & $oStatusCode, $oReceived, 7)
EndIf

Response:

<operation name="POST"><result><status>Failed</status><message>Invalid operation</message></result></operation>

REST API guide.

https://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk-msp/help/adminguide/api/notes-operations.html#add

Edited by Chris86

Danyfirex

Search for some HttpDebugger to see how exactly header look like.

I suggest you to do something like this:

$objHTTP.open ("POST", "url", False)
$objHTTP.setRequestHeader ("Content-Type", "text/xml;charset=UTF-8")
$objHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-Length",StringLen($YourXMLText))
$objHTTP.setRequestHeader("Connection","If is needed")
$objHTTP.setRequestHeader("User-Agent","If is needed")
$objHTTP.send ($YourXMLText)

Saludos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• CosminV
      By CosminV
      Hello guys,

This XML things are driving me crazy...
      Please let me know how can I use the _XMLGetAttrib function... I've tried every possible way that I've read on the forum and I cannot succeed reading an attribute.

The XML looks like bellow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <BATCH attr1= "aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc">
           <Node1 attr1="aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee" attr7="fff" attr8="ggg"/>
           <Node2 attr1="aaa" attr2="" attr3="" attr4="ddd"/>
           <Node3 attr1="" attr2="" attr3="ccc" attr4="" attr5="" attr6="eee"/>
           <Panel attr1="aaa" STATUS="BBB" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee">
                <Node5 attr1="aaa" attr2="bbb" attr3="ccc" attr4="ddd" attr5="" attr6="eee" attr7="fff" attr8="ggg"/>
                .............................................................................................................................................................................
           </Panel>
      </Batch>

I need to read the value of STATUS form the Panel node.

Could you please help me?

Best regards,
      Cococnb
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      I'm trying to get data from http://poe.trade/ - disclaimer, although this site is about a game, my script will not in any way interact directly with the game in any way. The script is just to get data from the site.
      To explain how it works - you submit a POST request and a custom URL is returned, then you do a GET request on that URL and you get the final URL you want.

First issue:
      Now, I've tried doing so by using https://apitester.com/ and the first phase works. Here's how it looks like at APITester:
      Request Headers POST /search HTTP/1.1 Host: poe.trade Accept: */* User-Agent: Rigor API Tester Content-Length: 43 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Request Body online=x&name=kaom%27s%20heart&league=incursion When I submit this, the response I get is this:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <title>Redirecting...</title> <h1>Redirecting...</h1> <p>You should be redirected automatically to target URL: <a href="http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme">http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme</a>. If not click the link. So I then do a GET request for 'http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme', which results in this response:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <title>Redirecting...</title> <h1>Redirecting...</h1> <p>You should be redirected automatically to target URL: <a href="http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito">http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito</a>. If not click the link. Great, this link (http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito) is exactly what we want.
      However, when I try to do the same in autoit, the result is quite different:
      Global Const $HTTP_STATUS_OK = 200 $test = HttpPost("http://poe.trade/search", "/online=x&name=kaom%27s%20heart&league=incursion") ClipPut($test) MsgBox(1, "", $test) Func HttpPost($sURL, $sData = "") Local $oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") $oHTTP.Open("POST", $sURL, False) If (@error) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Host", "poe.trade") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "Rigor API Tester") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "*/*") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded") $oHTTP.Send($sData) If (@error) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) If ($oHTTP.Status <> $HTTP_STATUS_OK) Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) Return SetError(0, 0, $oHTTP.ResponseText) EndFunc The code above returns: ' 謟 '
      Any ideas as to what I am doing incorrectly?

Second issue:
      Once I get the final link using APITester and do a GET on that i get a bunch of hieroglyphs. A friend of mine advised that the data is GZiped, which is a pain in the butt to be honest. However, apparently curl can uncompres that.
      How would I go about it?

Thanks
    • Subz
      By Subz
      Can anyone assist with creating/modify/delete XML Nodes/Child Nodes?
      Have a document for example:
      <ConfigData> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>10</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>IPAddress</name> <value>192.168.1.1</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>200</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting Three</name> <value>300</value> </parameter> </ConfigData> Would like to add another node parameter/name, parameter/value, but unsure how to, when there are multiple instances with the same tagname for example, would like to add the following if the nodes do not already exist:
      <parameter> <name>UserPreferredLanguage</name> <value>English</value> </parameter> Currently using the following to check and delete/modify existing nodes, was thinking of placing the name and value into a 2d array and then using a true/false in a 3rd column to return if the setting was found and modified or not, so I can decide whether I need to create the nodes or not, but I'm hoping there is a simpler way.\
      Any assistance would be much appreciated.
      PS: Have also written this with the XML Dom Wrapper UDF but still unsure how to proceed with checking nodes and creating them if they're missing, also couldn't find a function to delete a full node + parent using selectNodes, hence the custom __XML_DeleteNode function.
      Thanks
      Local $sXMLDocPath = @ScriptDir & "\XMLDoc.xml" Local $oXMLDoc = ObjCreate("MSXML2.DOMDocument") $oXMLDoc.validateOnParse = False $oXMLDoc.load($sXMLDocPath) Local $oXMLNodes = $oXMLDoc.selectNodes("ConfigData/parameter") If IsObj($oXMLNodes) Then For $oXMLNode In $oXMLNodes If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting One" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 10 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "IPAddress" Then __XML_DeleteNode($oXMLNode) EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Two" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 20 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Three" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 30 EndIf Next EndIf $oXMLDoc.Save ($sXMLDocPath) Func __XML_DeleteNode($_oNode_Enum) If $_oNode_Enum.hasChildNodes Then For $_oNode_Enum_Child In $_oNode_Enum.childNodes If $_oNode_Enum_Child.nodeType = $XML_NODE_TEXT Then If StringStripWS($_oNode_Enum_Child.text, $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING + $STR_STRIPSPACES) = "" Then $_oNode_Enum.removeChild($_oNode_Enum_Child) EndIf EndIf Next EndIf $_oNode_Enum.parentNode.removeChild($_oNode_Enum) EndFunc  
    • PedroWarlock
      By PedroWarlock
      (GOOGLE TRANSLATOR) Sorry: /
      Sorry, there is no new difficulty to organize my reading system, I need an XLM file like that, which is the problem with 30 thousand lines, is this, I need to find the value "Difficulty" and "live" and tell the program what's with the "default =" yes "" not <dipvalue>, can anyone have an example of how I wanted to do this? An example is enough to do this.
      example.au3
      #include <Array.au3> #include "XML.au3" _Example() Func _Example() Local $oXML = _XML_CreateDOMDocument(Default) Local $sXML_Content =@ScriptDir & "\file.xml" _XML_Load($oXML, $sXML_Content) ; ~ _XML_LoadXML($oXML, $sXML) Local $iNodeCount = _XML_GetNodesCount($oXML, "/mame/game") ConsoleWrite("Group(s): $iNodeCount = " & $iNodeCount & "; @error = " & @error & "; @extended = " & @extended & @LF) Local $aNames = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/description") Local $aTaxCountries = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/manufacturer") Local $aData[$iNodeCount + 1][4] = [[$iNodeCount, "", ""]] For $n = 1 To $iNodeCount Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne, 'name') Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne2 = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch/dipvalue[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value2 = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne2, 'name') $aData[$n][0] = $aNames[$n] $aData[$n][1] = $aTaxCountries[$n] $aData[$n][2] = $sAttribute_Value $aData[$n][3] = $sAttribute_Value2 Next _ArrayDisplay($aData, "$aData") EndFunc ;==>_Example  
      file.xml
      <mame build="0.124a BRarcade(Mar 31 2008)" debug="no"> <game name="puckman" sourcefile="pacman.c"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 1, Probably Bootleg)</description> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmana" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 2)</description> <dipswitch name="Rack Test (Cheat)"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanh" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacman" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> <driver status="good" emulation="good" color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported" palettesize="512"/> </game> </mame>