Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knucklesCZ

General question about AutoIt functioning

2 posts in this topic

Hello. I'd like to ask a question about AutoIt basics, as I was deeply thinking about creating a script, I got stuck at some questions such as:

The Sleep function stops the script completely (it stops everything, if the script repeats an action every 5 seconds and there is a Sleep(1000), will it repeat once per 6 seconds in real time)?
Can there be multiple loops working simultaneously depending on IFs or Switches? (loops controlling keyboard, deducing things from imagesearch etc.)
If there can be multiple loops working in one moment (multiple actions), does Sleep stop the whole script or just one of the loops?

Thanks for responses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• vikashbitm2010
      By vikashbitm2010
      Hi all,
      I want to return string from autoit script to the python code.
      Autoit:
      Exit("22 FE 45") -> not working
      Exit(1) -> Working
      Exit(0) -> Working
      python:
      import os
      res=os.system(autoitmine.exe)
      print "res",res
      I got some hint of @ExitCode macro, but dont know how to use it to get the string in python variable 'res'.
      Please resolve this issue for me if anyone knows about this.

• QuickWhiteWolf
      By QuickWhiteWolf
      Hi everyone,

I was previously a member of this forum under the username Wombat. It's been years and multiple email accounts closed since then so I decided to start fresh and take a moment to thank you all... (Admins/Mods let me know if we need to discuss this...)

I started programming with AutoIT while working as a scrap catcher for a machine that chopped scrap into pieces for easier moving, I learned styles and gained strengths from some of the best members on this forum by reverse engineering their code. I gained the confidence of our IT manager by making a boast that I could write an application to replace a p.o.s. cobalt based app we were using on the floor at that time, needless to say I was way in over my head but he saw that I had potential and I luckily had built several other apps on the side that were of equal or greater value to the company. I've been working as help-desk for the past 3 years and writing software as well to facilitate the help desk and solve recurring issues with our users. I was given an office and moved out of help-desk about a year ago, after 5 years of hard work I've actually landed the title of Jr. Developer moving into mid level title/pay this year! The company has already set out an improvement path that sees me with 4 certs and a bachelors in 4 more years making great money. Before this I had only ever worked at gas stations, fast food and manual labor jobs. If you're ever worried about your life, want something more, or just want a change you can do it. It's not easy, not at all, but it's possible and software programming is a very rewarding field if you like to make things and see how others interact with them.

I utilized AutoIT to bring a company into the twenty-first century, away from paper trails and sticky notes improving the quality of life for the employees on the floor (where I started before learning AutoIT). I was given the go ahead to purchase visual studio and I learned VB.Net and built an awesome piece of Zebra labeling software (Utilizing ZPL code translated froma graphical editor) for our shipping department. Now I'm diving head first into C# and we have another programmer on board as we move on to MS Team Services and begin to tackle a sweet new project involving real time awareness of our product on the factory floor utilizing RFID and windows 10 tablets.

That's a long way to come in just 4 years, and I couldn't have done it without the gigantic heart this community has and the mentorship provided for people looking to get into programming.

So from the bottom of my heart, with immense respect.... Thank you so much AutoIT community
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      How do you find all printers installed on a computer?
      I'm searching for the name, location and port

• anub13
      By anub13
      Hi,

I am having difficulties wondering why my code bugging like this,
      the symptom : I have a form with combo box, and details in bottom of the app, when user choose another option the details changes immediately but when I go to details, it goes up and down endlessly
      here is the code

Global $cChkPatrol, $YES= "YES", $NO = "NO" if GUICtrlRead($combo1) = "YES" Then $cChkPatrol = $YES Else $cChkPatrol = $NO EndIf func StartForm() GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) AdlibRegister("_CheckPatrol") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select case $nMsg = $txtEmailAddress GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $txtPhone GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $txtFullName GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $cChkPatrol GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $cmdScreenShot $gScreenShotFile = SaveScreenShot() case $nMsg = $cmdSubmit if ValidateForm() then if asdfgSubmit() Then UpdateStatus("Your request has been sent successfully") MsgBox(0,"Help Requested","Your request has been sent successfully") ExitLoop Else MsgBox(0,"Help Failed","Something is wrong you request was not sent, please try again") Endif endIf case $nMsg = $cmdAttach $gAttachFile = AttachFile() Case $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd AdlibUnRegister("_CheckPatrol") EndFunc func asdfgSystemInfo() dim $asdfgInfo $asdfgInfo = "" & @CRLF if $isAdminVersion=1 then $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF dim $MachineID $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound") $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF dim $OrgGroups $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".") dim $OrgGroupIndex $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1 $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF dim $EmailUser $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF ;dim ;Call("isChecked") ;$categ = GUICtrlRead($chkPatrol) ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "-#category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF EndIf $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Email:" & GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Full Name:" & GUICtrlRead($txtFullName) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Phone:" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "DateTime:" & _Now() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "MachineName:" & @ComputerName & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "UserName:" & @UserName & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDomain & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDNSDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDNSDomain & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "IP Address:" & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & GetPublicIP() &@CRLF ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & _GetIP () &@CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & NetAdapterInfo() $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaInstalled:" & KaseyaInstalled() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaRunning:" & KaseyaRunning() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaAgentGUID:" & KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","Agent_Guid","NotFound") & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "asdfgPaid:" & isasdfgIDPaid() & @CRLF if $isAdminVersion=0 then $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF dim $MachineID $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound") $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF dim $OrgGroups $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".") dim $OrgGroupIndex $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1 $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF dim $EmailUser $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1) $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF dim $categ $categ = $chkPatrol $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF dim $track $track = $cChkPatrol $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~test='" & $cChkPatrol & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~afterhour='" & $AfterHour & "'" & @CRLF endif Return $asdfgInfo endFunc  
      Yes it was same app as previous post in the forum I asked, I also having experience this happening before but I fail to understand the reason why this is happening. Thanks in advance.
      ButtonSupport - Copy.au3
    • InunoTaishou
      By InunoTaishou
      Update 2017-04-21:
      Added a timeout My previous attempt of checking that the function is valid was not working. Added a 1 time function call before entering the While loop to test the function. Now sets error to $SLEEP_UNTIL_INVALID_CALL if the function supplied is does not exist or invalid arguments supplied Added an @Error value $SLEEP_UNTIL_TIMEOUT_REACHED, set when the condition was not met but timeout reached Update 2017-04-25:
      Thanks to @jguinchfor letting me know about Execute(). Greatly simplified the loop (didn't know that Execute would execute a function call statement)
      Any strings passed to the SleepUntil() function need to be enclosed in " or ' (I.e', SleepUntil("ConsoleWrite('This is a test' & @LF)")) Adjusted SleepUntil() to use the Execute() function instead Inspired by a very vague topic, and completely unnecessary, I had fun trying to making this up. A function that will sleep until the conditional statement, or function call statement, provided executes to the condition you want! I know, completely useless!!! It's pretty interesting actually. Instead of having to write multiple while loops per conditions, you just need to use SleepUntil and set your own condition.
      Basic syntax:
      SleepUntil("$iMyNumber = 100") Will sleep until the variable in your script $iMyNumber is 100. All conditional operators are supported (=, <>, >=, <=, >, and <). Currently does not support multiple conditions (i.e., $iMyNumber > 100 and $iMyNumber < 1000).
      More advanced syntax, using a value returned from a function call:
      SleepUntil("TimerDiff(" & TimerInit() & ") > 5000") Well check the value returned from TimerDiff using the value returned from TimerInit() and stop sleeping once it's > 5000 (5 seconds).
      Anyways, better to show through the example.
      Example.au3
      #include <String.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include "SleepUntil.au3" AutoItSetOption("GUICloseOnESC", 0) Global $sName = "Test" Global $bBool = True Global $iInt = -1 Global $dDouble = 0.0 Global $sMsg = "Welcome," & @CRLF & _ "The SleepUntil function can use a function to check against a condition or just a regular conditional statement. " & _ "I.e. $iValue = 300" & @CRLF & "A basic conditional example would be" & @CRLF & @TAB & _ "Global $bWaiting = True" & @CRLF & @TAB & _ 'SleepUntil("$bWaiting <> $bWaiting")' & @CRLF & _ "This is a good example of having some kind of global flag where you want to wait until the user triggers the flag to not be true" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ "The first set of examples will use function calls to compare against the condition value." & @CRLF & _ "First example calls GUIGetMsg using the with no arguments and sleeps until the value returned is " & _ "$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ "Syntax for the function call for SleepUntil is like normal:" & @CRLF & _ 'SleepUntil("FunctionName(Argument1, Argument2, ArgumnetN) (Condition Operator) Value' & @CRLF & _ 'Example (Where function call has arguments)' & @CRLF & @TAB & _ 'Global $iTimer = TimerInit()' & @CRLF & @TAB & _ 'SleepUntil("TimerDiff(" & $iTimer & ") >= 5000")' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ "Example (Where no arguments are needed for the function)" & @CRLF & @TAB & _ 'SleepUntil("GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE")' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ "The first example will start once you close this window!" Global $hMain = GUICreate("Introduction", 800, 600, 0, 0, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) Global $edtEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit($sMsg, 10, 10, 775, 555, $ES_MULTILINE) GUICtrlSetBkColor($edtEdit, 0x1F1F1F) GUICtrlSetColor($edtEdit, 0xF1F1F1) GUICtrlSetFont($edtEdit, 11, 400, "", "Consolas") GUICtrlSetResizing($edtEdit, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM) GUISetState(@SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED) _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel(GUICtrlGetHandle($edtEdit), 0, 0) ; Slep until person running this example script closes the GUI or it reaches the 30 second timeout SleepUntil("GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE", 50, 30000) GUIDelete($hMain) MsgBox("", "Timer", "Starting the examples. The next sleep will last until 2 seconds have passed") ; Sleep until TimerDif(Timer Created) > 2000 ToolTip("Sleeping until 2 seconds has passed", 0, 0) SleepUntil("TimerDiff(" & TimerInit() & ") >= 2000") MsgBox("", "Timer", "2 Seconds has passed. Met condition and left sleep function") ; Sleep until the call to ConsoleWrite3Times is >= 3 ToolTip("Sleeping until the function ConsoleWrite3Times() as been called three times", 0, 0) SleepUntil("ConsoleWrite3Times('This is a test!') >= 3", 500) MsgBox("", "Print 3 Times", "Did ConsoleWrite 3 times. Met condition needed and left sleep function") MsgBox("", "Next", "Next SleepUntil examples can be met by pressing the {F1} Key to trigger the conditions" & @CRLF & _ "Next example will sleep until $sName = InunoTaishou") HotKeySet("{F1}", SetName) ; Sleep until user presses {F1} and changes $sName = InunoTaishou ToolTip("$sName = " & $sName, 0, 0) SleepUntil("$sName = 'InunoTaishou'", 100) MsgBox("", $sName, "Name has been updated to " & $sName & ". Met condition needed and left sleep function" & @CRLF & _ "Next example will sleep until $bBool <> True") ; Sleep until user preses {F1} and $bBool <> True ToolTip("$bBool = " & $bBool, 0, 0) SleepUntil("$bBool <> " & $bBool, 100) MsgBox("", $bBool, "Bool has been updated to " & $bBool & ". Met condition needed and left sleep function" & @CRLF & _ "Next example will sleep until $iInt > 0") ; Sleep until user presses {F1} and $iInt > 0 ToolTip("$iInt = " & $iInt, 0, 0) SleepUntil("$iInt > 0", 100) MsgBox("", $iInt, "Int has been updated to " & $iInt & ". Met condition needed and left sleep function" & @CRLF & _ "Next example will sleep until $dDouble = 99.99") ; Sleep until user presses {F1} and $dDouble = 99.99 ToolTip("$dDouble = " & $dDouble, 0, 0) SleepUntil("$dDouble = 99.99", 100) MsgBox("", $dDouble, "Double has been updated to " & $dDouble & ". Met condition needed and left sleep function" & @CRLF & _ "Next example will sleep until function Print is called with the msg provided") Local $sMsgToPrint = InputBox("Message", "What message should be used for ConsoleWrite?", "This is a the default msg!") SleepUntil("Print('" & $sMsgToPrint & "', " & InputBox("Times?", "How many times to print " & $sMsgToPrint & "?", 10) & ") = '" & $sMsgToPrint & "'") MsgBox("", "Print", "Congrats! That's all the examples I have") Func ConsoleWrite3Times($sMsg) Local Static $iPrint = 0 $iPrint += 1 ConsoleWrite("[" & $iPrint & "] " & $sMsg & @LF) Return $iPrint EndFunc Func Print($sMsg, $iTimes) If ($iTimes < 1) Then $iTimes = 1 For $i = 1 to $iTimes ConsoleWrite($sMsg & @LF) Next Return $sMsg EndFunc Func SetName() $sName = "InunoTaishou" HotKeySet("{F1}", SetBool) EndFunc ;==>SetName Func SetBool() $bBool = False HotKeySet("{F1}", SetInt) EndFunc ;==>SetBool Func SetInt() $iInt = 100 HotKeySet("{F1}", SetDouble) EndFunc ;==>SetInt Func SetDouble() $dDouble = 99.99 EndFunc ;==>SetDouble SleepUnti.au3
      #include-once #include <String.au3> Global Const $SLEEP_UNTIL_INVALID_EXECUTE = -100 Global Const $SLEEP_UNTIL_TIMEOUT_REACHED = -101 ; #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ; #CURRENT# ===================================================================================================================== ; SleepUntil: Sleeps until the condition statement supplied meets the requirements ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: SleepUntil ; Description ...: Sleeps until the condition supplied is met. ; Syntax ........: SleepUntil($sConditionStatement[, $iTime = 100[, $iTimeout = Default]]) ; Parameters ....: $sConditionStatement - String formatted condition statement ; $iTime - (Optional) Time (In Milliseconds) to sleep between each check of the condition ; $iTimeout - (Optional) Timeout (In Milliseconds) to stop sleeping if condition not met ; Return values .: Success - Returns True when the condition is met ; Failure - Returns False and Sets the @Error flag ; -100 ($SLEEP_UNTIL_INVALID_EXECUTE): Function supplied does not exist or parameters supplied do not match ; the function called ; -101 ($SLEEP_UNTIL_TIMEOUT_REACHED): Timeout was reached but the condition was not met ; Author ........: InunoTaishou, jguinch for letting me know about Execute() ; Thanks jguinch! Greatly simplified the script ; Remarks .......: The $sConditionStatement parameter can be a simple $vVar = Value or can use the value returned from a function call ; to sleep. ; Proper syntax for a function call is a normal AutoIt function call: "MsgBox(0, 'Title', 'Message')" ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func SleepUntil($sConditionStatement, $iTime = 100, $iTimeout = Default) Local $iTimer = ($iTimeout ? TimerInit() : Null) While (Not Execute($sConditionStatement)) If (@Error) Then Return SetError($SLEEP_UNTIL_INVALID_EXECUTE, 0, False) If ($iTimeout and TimerDiff($iTimer) >= $iTimeout) Then Return SetError($SLEEP_UNTIL_TIMEOUT_REACHED, 0, False) Sleep($iTime) WEnd Return True EndFunc ;==>SleepUntil Edit: Did a test call to the function to make sure it's valid. checking for the 0xDEAD and 0xBEEF errors inside the while loops wasn't working since the _EvalCondition was being called right after it.
      Edit: Forgot about the _ that can be used in function calls. Added the _ to the StringRegExp