Sign in to follow this  
knucklesCZ

General question about AutoIt functioning

knucklesCZ

Hello. I'd like to ask a question about AutoIt basics, as I was deeply thinking about creating a script, I got stuck at some questions such as:

The Sleep function stops the script completely (it stops everything, if the script repeats an action every 5 seconds and there is a Sleep(1000), will it repeat once per 6 seconds in real time)?
Can there be multiple loops working simultaneously depending on IFs or Switches? (loops controlling keyboard, deducing things from imagesearch etc.)
If there can be multiple loops working in one moment (multiple actions), does Sleep stop the whole script or just one of the loops?

Thanks for responses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I have a situation where I need to make one request to get a kind of pre-logon page, then click a link on that pre-logon page, which then returns a login form page, and then fill in information in the form page and submit it.
      How can I handle that using AutoIT?
      I can get the AutoIT script to tab to the link, then send an ENTER, which then causes the FORM page to appear in IE.  However, I cannot seem to get the form object from the FORM page (_IEFormGetObjByName fails when it searches for the form).  Why is that, and how can I get the AutoIT to process the FORM page?
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • mistersquirrle
      By mistersquirrle
      TL;DR: Anyway to bypass built in sleep on TrayGetMsg() and GUIGetMsg() ?

I'm currently working on a project that does some heavy array/ GDI+ processing, which depending what I have it do can take between 4s - 1min. During this time, I'd like to have the Tray icon (mainly, possibly also the GUI) for the program be responsive, so that if someone wanted to change actions or exit the script during this, they can without closing the process.

Currently I have my TrayGetMsg and GUIGetMsg captures in my main program loop, working great, and once I go into the array/ GDI+ functions I tried switching it to an AdlibRegister call, unregistering it once completed. The problem with this is that it's adding ~10-20% more time into those functions, which I'd like to avoid. As I understand it, and from the helpfile: "This function automatically idles the CPU when required so that it can be safely used in tight loops without hogging all the CPU." From what I've read/ seen/ tested, this adds a 10ms sleep into the calls. I would rather avoid that sleep all together.

The array/ GDI+ function that I'm doing peg the CPU at 100% (for its core) anyways, so that's not a concern of mine. My only concern for this is speed (and having things be responsive to other actions).

Here's an example:
      Local $iBlockSize = 20, $iWidth = 1920, $iHeight = 1080, $aBigArray[$iWidth * $iHeight], $iPercentDone, $sLastMsg Local $aSmallerArray[Int(Ceiling($iWidth / $iBlockSize)) * Int(Ceiling($iHeight / $iBlockSize))] Local $sAdlib[] = ["Registered: ", "UnRegistered: ", "Registered to _FakeTray: "], $timer, $iIndexLength = UBound($aBigArray) Local $ixBlocks = Int(Ceiling($iWidth / $iBlockSize)), $iBlockIndex, $iBlockX, $iBlockY For $j = 0 To 2 If $j = 0 Then AdlibRegister("_CheckTray", 100) ElseIf $j = 1 Then AdlibUnRegister("_CheckTray") ElseIf $j = 2 Then AdlibRegister("_FakeTray", 100) EndIf $timer = TimerInit() For $i = 0 To $iIndexLength - 1 ; Loop through $aBigArray $aBigArray[$i] = Random(1, 10, 1) $iPercentDone = Floor(($i / $iIndexLength * 100)) ; Hopefully quick maths to get progress If $sLastMsg <> "We are " & $iPercentDone & "% done" Then ; Check if we're on a new percent $sLastMsg = "We are " & $iPercentDone & "% done" ; If so, update the msg ToolTip($sLastMsg, 0, 0) ; And display the current progress EndIf $y = Floor($i / $iWidth) ; Convert index to Y coordinate $x = Floor($i - ($y * $iWidth)) ; Convert index to X coordinate $iBlockX = Floor($x / $iBlockSize) ; Convert X coord to xBlock coord $iBlockY = Floor($y / $iBlockSize) ; Convert Y coord to yBlock coord $iBlockIndex = Int($iBlockX + ($iBlockY * $ixBlocks)) ; Convert into a blockIndex ;~ If Mod($i, 10000) = 0 Then ;~ ConsoleWrite($iBlockIndex & " - " & $i & @CRLF) ;~ EndIf $aSmallerArray[$iBlockIndex] += Int($aBigArray[$i]) ; Add into $aSmallerArray Next ConsoleWrite("Time to run with Adlib" & $sAdlib[$j] & TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) Next Func _CheckTray() Switch TrayGetMsg() Case "Meow" Return Case "Woof" Return EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_CheckTray Func _FakeTray() Local $sMeow = "Oink" Switch $sMeow Case "Meow" Return Case "Woof" Return EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_FakeTray Exit On my system, this takes ~1 minute to run, output:

Time to run with AdlibRegistered: 19649.335 Time to run with AdlibUnRegistered: 16264.4124 Time to run with AdlibRegistered to _FakeTray: 16860.1283 >Exit code: 0 Time: 53.92 As you can see, it's ~20.8% faster without the Adlib check, and ~16.5% faster using a (hopefully) reproduction of TrayGetMsg() without the built in sleep. These timings vary, but it's consistently much faster without the TrayGetMsg() sleep (unless it's just that slow). I've used the OnEventModes, and those also slow down performance, more so than just using the GetMsgs, so those are out (but effective, and pretty easy to use).
    • JuanFelipe
      By JuanFelipe
      Hello friends, I have a simple question, can I have a variable that is not reset, even if my program is closed?
      That is, I want to make a program that can only be opened once, have a variable $ ini = 0, when it is opened for the first and only time it becomes $ ini = 1, so that it can not use the program a second time, as if it was a test software.
      I do not want the variable to depend on a reading of an external file that is easily manipulated. Thank you.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So Im trying to make a simple 2d game and make some sort of collision detection so why not to make a 2 dimensional array but i have no clue how  to write it in multiple lines
      Global $map[5,5] = [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0] something like this but it doesn't work