AutID

RegRead. Read saved credentials from IE

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I with @SmOke_N 's help found the answer to this question in this thread: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/166384-regread-read-saved-credentianls-from-ie/

Now this was working fine until lately. I updated from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 8.1 Pro. And this small sample doesn't seem to work anymore.
Here is the code from the old thread:

#include <APIRegConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPIDiag.au3>
#include <WinAPIReg.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
Global $gsValName, $giType

Global $giCount = 0
Global $gaInfo[101][3]
Global $sPath = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage2"
Global $aPath = "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage2"
Global $ghKey = _WinAPI_RegOpenKey($HKEY_CURRENT_USER, $aPath, $KEY_READ)
While 1
    $gsValName = _WinAPI_RegEnumValue($ghKey, $giCount)
    If @error Then ExitLoop

$giType = @extended
    If Mod($giCount, 100) = 0 Then
        ReDim $gaInfo[$giCount + 100][3]
    EndIf

$gaInfo[$giCount][0] = $gsValName

$gaInfo[$giCount][1] = $giType

$gaInfo[$giCount][2] = BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData(RegRead($sPath, $gsValName), "", $CALG_3DES)) ;$CALG_USERKEY
    $giCount += 1
WEnd

_WinAPI_RegCloseKey($ghKey)
ReDim $gaInfo[$giCount][3]
_ArrayDisplay($gaInfo)

When I manually checked the registry in this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage2 my credentials aren't saved there anymore.
Does anyone know the right path to the IE's saved credentials?

The problem is that they are not saved in the credentials manager. I have checked it and there is nothing there. However my password in this site as well as other, is saved and autocomplete.
This is why I am asking the above question.

They MIGHT be in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage1 (or Storage2).

They're also encrypted in there.

This site gives you a bit more information

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

They MIGHT be in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage1 (or Storage2).

They're also encrypted in there.

This site gives you a bit more information

I know the site. That is the application I have been using until I upgraded to W8.1. And it is not working anymore. That is why I am looking for it myself.
The only thing I can find in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\ is FormData which contains nothing.