Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digitalexpl0it

Ini to combo box

6 posts in this topic

hello,

I am having an issue were I am trying to pull everything under a section in a INI file into a combobox.Issue I have is it only selects 2 out of the list. Not sure why

func _ReadHistory()
    Local Const $sFilePath = "history1.ini"
    Local $iFileExists = FileExists($sFilePath)
    ; If the INI file is not found, output error message
    If not $iFileExists Then
        msgbox(0,"Oh NO!", $sFilePath & " not found!")
    endif

Local $aArray = IniReadSection($sFilePath, "RemoteHistory")
    ; Start the array loop and run robocopy
    If Not @error Then
        for $i = 0 to $aArray[0][0]
            _GUICtrlComboBox_InsertString($rdesktopInput, $aArray[$i][1], 0)
            $i = $i +1
        next
    endif
endfunc
INI FILE Example

[RemoteHistory]
HOST=12.12.12.12
HOST=127.0.0.1
HOST=10.10.10.1
HOST=192.168.1.1
HOST=0.0.0.0

By adding this line to your next statement...

$i = $i + 1

...you are effectively counting by 2, as the Next loop already increments. Try this to see what I mean:

Local Const $sFilePath = "my.ini"
Local $iFileExists = FileExists($sFilePath)
    If not $iFileExists Then msgbox(0,"Oh NO!", $sFilePath & " not found!")

Local $aArray = IniReadSection($sFilePath, "RemoteHistory")
    If Not @error Then
       for $i = 1 to $aArray[0][0]
           ConsoleWrite($i & @CRLF)
           ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i][1] & @CRLF)
           $i = $i + 1
        next
    endif

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

DOH, thank you. Wasn't thinking there about counting by Two, removing the $i=$i+1 worked. Thank you, Just needed another set of eyes on this.

So the next thing is, how would I check for duplicates when writing to the ini file? 

I have a function to write to the ini file like this. But it just adds to the end of the file. Not sure how to check to not write if a duplicate is found

func _WriteHistory($txt)
    ; Open the file for writing (append to the end of a file) and store the handle to a variable.
    Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen("history1.ini", $FO_APPEND)
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Error: Cant write to history1.ini")
        ;Return False
        FileClose($hFileOpen)
    EndIf

FileWriteLine($hFileOpen, "HOST=" & $txt & @CRLF)
    ; Close the handle returned by FileOpen.
    FileClose($hFileOpen)
endfunc

Is there a reason you have all of the keys named the same? If you named them sequentially instead of all HOST, you could use the built in functions such as IniWrite, which would be much easier to manage. The way you have it, you would basically have to do an IniReadSection, then loop through the resultant array looking for the value. If you don't find it, then add it.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

basically it just dumps to the ini file as a history, in which I can pull from and show in a combobox, I could use a txt file for this since the history file will jsut keep growing, but an option to set other ini header sections was mentioned so I started it this way. May not be the best way. 

Edited by digitalexpl0it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• kstriyhon
      By kstriyhon
      hello Comunity i am new to autoit and i bump into a pitfall regarding the creation of objects in a dinamyc way but more especific  creating combobox at runtime
      i need many comboboxes and sofar i createdthem manually 
      like this 
      $idCombo_1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 40, 130, 21)     $idCombo_2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 70, 130, 21)     $idCombo_3 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 100, 130, 21)     $idCombo_4 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 130, 130, 21)     $idCombo_5 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 160, 130, 21)     $idCombo_6 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 190, 130, 21)     $idCombo_7 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 220, 130, 21)     $idCombo_8 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 250, 130, 21)     $idCombo_9 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 280, 130, 21)     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_1, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_2, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_3, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_4, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_5, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_6, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_7, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_8, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_9, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5") now i need this example but create them at runtime as there are more than 9 combos what i need thanks in advance kind regards
    • LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening guys
      I am working on a little project, in which I have to retrieve 8000+ rows of data from a table, from a SQLite database, to populate a combobox 
      This is what I tried 'til now, but it still takes about 12 seconds to populate the combobox.
      _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "BEGIN TRANSACTION;") If _SQLite_GetTable($objDatabase, "SELECT DISTINCT Comune FROM LISTA_COMUNI;", $arrRisultatoQuery, $intRighe, $intColonne) = $SQLITE_OK Then For $i = 2 To UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 If $i < UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 Then GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i] & "|") Else GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i]) EndIf Next _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "COMMIT;") Are there any other solution to retrieve 8000+ records from a SQLite database?
      Thank you very much  
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I was working on a script which read the content of a .ini file to retrieve the file that has to open, and, based on the value of a second key stored in the .ini file, set the window on top, minimized or maximized...
      I did something like this, but seems to not work properly...
      Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thank you  

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ;#include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioneIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioneIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioneIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MIN" ToolTip("MIN", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MAX" ToolTip("MAX", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "TOP" ToolTip("TOP", 0, 0) WinSetOnTop($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf And the .ini file is like this:

[CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE] PercorsoExe=Here goes the path and the .exe to execute ModalitaAperturaExe=Here goes one of the value below /* TOP Shows the windows on top */ /* MIN Shows the window minimized */ /* MAX Shows the window maximized */  
    • satanico64
      By satanico64
      Hi huys !
       how are you ? family ? dog, cat ? well..

I've got a problem: _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCueBanner
      i can't get it to work.
      Simple: even the example from help does'nt work...

I insist, it's excactly the example from the help, no modifications
      #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $g_idMemo Example() Func Example() Local $idCombo ; Create GUI GUICreate("ComboBox Get Count", 400, 296) $idCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 2, 2, 396, 296) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCueBanner($idCombo, "Select an Item") $g_idMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 50, 376, 234, $WS_VSCROLL) GUICtrlSetFont($g_idMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Add files _GUICtrlComboBox_BeginUpdate($idCombo) _GUICtrlComboBox_AddDir($idCombo, @WindowsDir & "\*.exe") _GUICtrlComboBox_EndUpdate($idCombo) MemoWrite("Cue Banner: " & _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCueBanner($idCombo)) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example ; Write a line to the memo control Func MemoWrite($sMessage) GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, $sMessage & @CRLF, 1) EndFunc ;==>MemoWrite I also added the display of the cuebanner in the loop.
      It never display what actually appears in the combo
      If you can show me any king of working example.
      Thanks Guys !
      Nicolas.
      Actually autoit v3.3.14.2