Looking for reference material to learn more about windows scripting

MattHiggs

I must have put question in at least 2 other posts of mine, but the topic didn't really reflect the question, so it is no wonder they went unanswered.  Anyway, I am an average-above average coder who is looking for general reference material to increase my understanding and proficiency in relation to writing scripts and software for a windows environment.  And before anyone even goes there, I am aware that microsoft has a vast knowledge base full of information, but that is also its weakness: it is so massive that it is disjointed and has no real organization, making it a poor general learning tool but great when looking up specific concepts and terms.  Furthermore, it is written with experienced programmers as the target audience, which I am not.  There doesn't seem to be any software development reference material i can find which isn't geared towards idiots or experts.  Looking for a nice middle ground, if anybody has any suggestions.

Your question seems a little too broad akin to asking how do I learn something?

Pick an explicit goal to achieve through windows scripting, and through your pursuance of it, you gain some of the general scripting knowledge you seek. Then do it again.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

There is some books related to windows scripting but i think they all related to a system admin controlling all systems. None of them telling any word related to "You control your computer only". For example "Windows Admin Scripting Little Black Book 2nd Ed 2004 "

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Moderators

I agree with J1, you state "there's too much info out there" so common sense says narrow your search. What aspect of Windows Scripting are you looking for, specifically? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!