PEscobar

How to restart a loop if there is an @error?

16 posts in this topic

So I made a loop beginning with while $e = 1. It opens a file and searches for a colour in the file, if the colour isn't there $e = 2 so the loop ends and restarts. Instead of that, the loop runs once and then just stops completely, even if the colour is there. 

Here is what it looks like basically.

While $e = 1 

OpenPng()

$aCoord = PixelSearch ($left, $top, $right, $bottom, 0x3B5E05, 0)
      If @error Then $e = 2

WEnd

How do I make it so the loop restarts if the colour isn't there, but it continues normally if the colour is there?

That made it open the file again, but now it stops the rest of the script. There was more after it, I just shortened it.

Move OpenPng() above the Do then

Do...Until will always execute everything between the Do and Until at least once, no matter what. Then it's going to test against the condition after Until (the Not @Error). If there was an error in the pixel search then it's going to continue to execute the pixelsearch until it doesn't fail. Once it succeeds it will do everything after the do...until

I tried both of your solutions and it still only runs once. 

My Crystal ball isn't telling me much so the information will have to come from you to understand what you are trying. ;)

Jos 

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Local $aCoord
Local $sColor = 0x3B5E05
Local $left = 0, $top = 0, $right = @DesktopWidth, $bottom = @DesktopHeight
While 1
    $aCoord = PixelSearch($left, $top, $right, $bottom, $sColor)
    If @error Or Not IsArray($aCoord) Then ContinueLoop
;~  OpenPng()
;   MouseClick($aCoord[0], $aCoord[1])
;   Sleep(100)
WEnd
Edited by Trong

Regards,

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

So the script opens a file and then searches for a colour. If the colour is there, then I want the loop to continue as normal, if the colour isn't there I want the loop to restart. I also want it to run more than once

Edited by PEscobar

So the script opens a file and then searches for a colour. If the colour is there, then I want the loop to continue as normal, if the colour isn't there I want the loop to restart. I also want it to run more than once

These are words, not code, so open for interpretation.
Please post a code snippet that doesn't work yet and what the issue is.

Jos 

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

While 1
    OpenPng()
    sleep(250)
    $coord1 = PixelSearch ($left, $top, $right, $bottom, 0x432D1E, 1)
    If @error Then ContinueLoop
    If not @error Then Selectgreen()
WEnd

It will open the picture and then select the colour once, but it doesn't keep doing it like a normal loop would. It only goes through it once.

Edited by PEscobar

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

Local $sColor = "0x3B5E05"
Local $pLeft = 0, $pTop = 0, $pRight = @DesktopWidth, $pBottom = @DesktopHeight
Local $sPNG = @ScriptDir & "\image.png"
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
_OpenPNG()
Local $aCoord
While 1
    ToolTip("")
;~  _OpenPNG()
    $aCoord = PixelSearch($pLeft, $pTop, $pRight, $pBottom, $sColor)
    If @error Or Not IsArray($aCoord) Then ContinueLoop
    ToolTip($sColor & " color found at position " & $aCoord[0] & " " & $aCoord[1])
    Sleep(250)
WEnd

Func _OpenPNG()
    ShellExecute($sPNG)
EndFunc   ;==>_OpenPNG

Func _Exit()
    Exit ToolTip("")
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit
Edited by Trong

Regards,

@PEscobar ,

I am assuming that "Select" is your function. But SciTE is considering it as "Select" keyword.

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Oops I copied that from an older version, I fixed that already and make it selectgreen()

And you don't need to use 2 If statements. You can use ElseIf 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

I found a simple solution.

I just put the search for the colour into the function "OpenPng()"

Then I put "If @error Then OpenPng()"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• 0Ethan0
      By 0Ethan0
      Ahoy Autoit Community!
      After many trials and errors I am unable to solve a problem I am facing and would appreciate any kind of input or better yet a solution 
      The Premise: An embeded slideshow viewer that runs after double-clicking an item in a ListView (each item will generate a different slideshow images).
      The Setup: GUI with a ListView Control and a simple exit button.
      The Issue: Once double clicked the slide plays however the GUI "locks"/non responsive until the slide is over. Same thing if I click on the "Test" button.
      The Culprit: I believe since it's in the images loop it can't accept any other commands until that loop is over.
      The Wish: I want to be able to use the GUI functions (selecting other items, clicking on button etc.) while the slideshow plays.
      The Code (stripped and simplified as much as I could):
      #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) HotKeySet("{Esc}", "_Exit") Global $c=0 Global $ssGDI[3], $ssGraphic[2], $ssImage Global Const $bg_color = "000000" Global Const $ssW = 480, $ssH = 320 Global $aFiles = _FileListToArrayRec("d:\testStage\", "*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp;*.gif;*.JPG;*.PNG;*.BMP;*.GIF", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR ,$FLTAR_SORT ,$FLTAR_FULLPATH ) $guiW = 1200 $guiH = 726 $mainWindow = GUICreate("Slideshow Viewer", $guiW, $guiH, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 0, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "_Exit") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 60, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "Test") Global $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Entry Name|Category", 5, 75, 195, 280) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 1, 100) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 1|Category 1", $ListView) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 2|Category 2", $ListView) screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH, 690, 100) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $mainWindow) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_Notify_Events") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _Exit() EndSwitch WEnd Func Test() For $k = 1 To UBound($aFiles) - 1 screenshotWidgetTransition($aFiles[$k]) Next EndFunc Func ListView_Click() ConsoleWrite("Left Click") EndFunc Func ListView_DoubleClick() ConsoleWrite("Double Left Click") Test() EndFunc Func WM_Notify_Events($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam Local $tagNMHDR, $event, $hwndFrom, $code $tagNMHDR = DllStructCreate("int;int;int", $lParam) If @error Then Return $event = DllStructGetData($tagNMHDR, 3) Select Case $wParam = $ListView Select Case $event = $NM_CLICK ListView_Click () Case $event = $NM_DBLCLK ListView_DoubleClick () EndSelect EndSelect Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc Func screenshotWidgetTransition($image, $delay = 0, $speed = 1, $sleep = 2000) Local $a, $d = $c, $iX, $iY $ssImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($image) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($ssImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($ssImage) $FDesktop=$ssH/$ssW $Fact =1 If $iX > $ssW And $FDesktop > ($iY/$iX) Then $Fact=$ssW/$iX ElseIf $iY > $ssH Then $Fact=$ssH/$iY EndIf $H1 = Round(($Fact * $iY),0) $W1 = Round(($Fact * $iX),0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($ssGraphic[$d], $ssImage,($ssW - $W1)/2, ($ssH - $H1) / 2,$W1,$H1) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 0) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[$d], "", 1) For $a = 0 To 254 Step $speed WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", $a) Sleep($delay) Next WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 254) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[Not ($d)]) $c = 1 - $d _GDIPlus_ImageDispose ($ssImage) ; very important to realease the pics Sleep($sleep) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetTransition Func screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH,$ssX,$ssY) $ssGDI[2] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, $ssX, $ssY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $mainWindow) $ssGDI[0] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) $ssGDI[1] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) ; GUISetBkColor("0x" & $bg_color, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[0]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[1]) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[0], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[1], "", 0) _GDIPlus_Startup() $ssGraphic[0] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[0]) $ssGraphic[1] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[1]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[0], "0xFF" & $bg_color) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[1], "0xFF" & $bg_color) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetInit Func _Exit() _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($ssImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[0]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[0]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[2]) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit I hope someone can shed light on this; perhaps a different approach is needed?
      Thank you in advance!
      P.S.
      The script is patched from different scripts of different users in the forum - thank you again users!
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Hi all,
      Bit of a fun one with querying WMI objects and setting errors within a function.  Below is example code that I've used from JSThePatriot previous UDFs but the example would apply to many other scenarios.  Basically the SetError should be called if $colItems is not an object as a result of the WMI query.  This is then used to create a corresponding error message.
      I've tried disabling WMIC thus forcing it to not be an object, but rather than catching the error and telling me about it, the code simply fails therefore surely making the purpose of the logging useless??  I've experienced this before but in other languages such as java i would use a try catch etc and get around this....any suggestions for its use in AutoIT?

Thanks

#region Header #comments-start Title: Computer Information Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3 - EXAMPLES Filename: CompInfoExamples.au3 Description: Examples using the UDF's from CompInfo.au3 Author: Jarvis J. Stubblefield (JSThePatriot) http://www.vortexrevolutions.com/ Version: 00.03.08 Last Update: 11.09.06 Requirements: AutoIt v3.2 +, Developed/Tested on WindowsXP Pro Service Pack 2 Notes: Errors associated with incorrect objects will be common user errors. AutoIt beta 3.1.1.63 has added an ObjName() function that will be used to trap and report most of these errors. Special thanks to Firestorm (Testing, Use), Koala (Testing, Bug Fix), and everyone else that has helped in the creation of this Example File. #comments-end #endregion Header #region Global Variables and Constants If Not(IsDeclared("$cI_CompName")) Then Global $cI_CompName = @ComputerName EndIf Global Const $cI_VersionInfo = "00.03.08" Global Const $cI_aName = 0, _ $cI_aDesc = 4 Global $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10, _ ;DO NOT CHANGE $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20 ;DO NOT CHANGE Global $ERR_NO_INFO = "Array contains no information", _ $ERR_NOT_OBJ = "$colItems isnt an object" #endregion Global Variables and Constants #Region Boot Configuration Dim $BootConfig _ComputerGetBootConfig($BootConfig) If @error Then $error = @error $extended = @extended Switch $extended Case 1 _ErrorMsg($ERR_NO_INFO) Case 2 _ErrorMsg($ERR_NOT_OBJ) EndSwitch EndIf For $i = 1 To $BootConfig[0][0] Step 1 MsgBox(0, "Test _ComputerGetBootConfig", "Name: " & $BootConfig[$i][0] & @CRLF & _ "Boot Directory: " & $BootConfig[$i][1] & @CRLF & _ "Configuration Path: " & $BootConfig[$i][2] & @CRLF & _ "Last Drive: " & $BootConfig[$i][3] & @CRLF & _ "Description: " & $BootConfig[$i][4] & @CRLF & _ "Scratch Directory: " & $BootConfig[$i][5] & @CRLF & _ "Setting ID: " & $BootConfig[$i][6] & @CRLF & _ "Temp Directory: " & $BootConfig[$i][7]) Next #endregion Boot Configuration #region ---- Internal Functions Func _ErrorMsg($message, $time = 0) MsgBox(48 + 262144, "Error!", $message, $time) ConsoleWrite("Error!" & $message & $time & @CRLF) EndFunc #endregion Internal Functions Func _ComputerGetBootConfig(ByRef $aBootConfigInfo) Local $colItems, $objWMIService, $objItem Dim $aBootConfigInfo[1][8], $i = 1 $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $cI_Compname & "\root\CIMV2") $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_BootConfiguration", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly) If IsObj($colItems) Then For $objItem In $colItems ReDim $aBootConfigInfo[UBound($aBootConfigInfo) + 1][8] $aBootConfigInfo[$i][0] = $objItem.Name $aBootConfigInfo[$i][1] = $objItem.BootDirectory $aBootConfigInfo[$i][2] = $objItem.ConfigurationPath $aBootConfigInfo[$i][3] = $objItem.LastDrive $aBootConfigInfo[$i][4] = $objItem.Description $aBootConfigInfo[$i][5] = $objItem.ScratchDirectory $aBootConfigInfo[$i][6] = $objItem.SettingID $aBootConfigInfo[$i][7] = $objItem.TempDirectory $i += 1 Next $aBootConfigInfo[0][0] = UBound($aBootConfigInfo) - 1 If $aBootConfigInfo[0][0] < 1 Then SetError(1, 1, 0) EndIf Else SetError(1, 2, 0) EndIf EndFunc ;_ComputerGetBootConfig  
    • Patryk
      By Patryk
      Dear Colleagues,
      I have no idea how to refer to style.display in my loop. There is a button like: 
      <input name="ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento" class="button" id="bodyPlaceholder_btnFecharProcessamento" style="display: none;" onclick="FecharJanelaProcessamento();return false;" type="submit" value="Fechar"> I want it to be clicked as soon as button's style change from style="display: none;" to  style= ="display: inline-block;" 
      This is what I got, but it's not working...
      Func GetButtons() $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oForm,"ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento",-1) $i = 0 While $i <> 1 For $oBtn In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oBtn) = "Fechar" And $oBtn.document.style.display = "display: inline-block;" Then $i = 1 _IEAction($oBtn, "focus") _IEAction($oBtn, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next WEnd EndFunc  
      I will really appreciate if you could help me with these loop!
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I recently opened a bug report without reading the Helpfile... My bad . After @Melba23's gentle reminder, I was curious about why it was like that.
      It is about SetError's behaviour. This is the example from the bug report:
      Example() If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error" & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("No Error" & @CRLF) EndIf Func Example() SetError(1) Sleep(1000) EndFunc What I tried to do is set Example's (my user defined function's) @error value to 1... but the value set by SetError is cleared after calling a function, I wonder why? Why should calling to an external function effect my function's @error which is set when my function returns.
      Setting the error of a UDF in advance by using SetError makes sense... but I cannot find a reason why calling a function should clear it? Please note that I am not talking about @error, I am talking about the @error set by my function when it ends/returns!
      I hope someone can enlighten me, thanks for the answers in advance!
      P.S I tried to explain my best but my English is not very good and I didn't feel like I did a good job explaining today, so please pardon any mistakes that I have made
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How to repeat my script when my control class does not match ?

My Script : winActivate ( " PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]")                   ControlClick ( "PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]", "", "[NAME:btnSavebyFP]")                   ControlSend(" PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]", "", "[NAME:btnSavebyFP]", "{enter}")                   WinActive ("Verification Number Entry ::")                   ControlClick("Next >", "","[NAME:btnNext]") ;if   >>>> Control <<<<  does not match repeat my script, ;if match exit script  

Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Instance:    15
      ClassnameNN:    WindowsForm34a15
      Name:    BillPrint
      Advanced (Class):    [NAME:BillPrint]
      ID:    7875
      Text:    
      Position:    39, 310
      Size:    1221, 306
      ControlClick Coords:    745, 20
      Style:    0x56010000
      ExStyle:    0x00000000