Followers 0
RichardL

MSComm object not created in a3x

3 posts in this topic

Local $sAxName
Local $oMSComm

$sAxName = "MSCOMMLib.MSComm.1"
$oMSComm = ObjCreate($sAxName)
MsgBox(0, Default, StringFormat("Name: %s, Obj %d, Err %d", $sAxName, IsObj($oMSComm), @error))

I'm talking to serial ports (for Arduino) using the MSComm object.  It all runs fine from SciTE or .exe.  If I compile to .a3x the object is not created.  I could manage without .a3x but I like it because it compiles faster.

Are you running the ax3 with the x86 or x64 AutoIt3.exe version? 
Might Want to play with that as that is the only reason I can think of that could case this.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ah yes, I tend no to think of x86/x64.  The PC is W7-X64.  The x64 option makes it more complicated:

64.a3x - fail
64.exe - fail
86.a3x - fail
86.exe - good

I know the MSComm control is a VB6 item so may have issues with x64.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• MazeM
      By MazeM
      Hi
      here's another UDF for the serial port. It is very similar to CommAPI using kernel32.dll, but all code is packed into a single file without any dependencies, not even using WinAPI.au3. It differs from existing UDF that it doesn't allow a timeout when reading, instead it always returns immediately, either with the requested amount ob bytes read or with a failure status. And of course there is a function provided to query the amount of available bytes in the receive buffer. The reason behind this design decision: You can do 1000 other things in the main loop while checking from time to time if enough data bytes arrived. There's no point to block the program waiting for the serial port.
      It is currently a work-in-progress, as I didn't test all functions yet. The code was developed and tested on Windows 7 64 bit.  The ComUDF-Tests.au3 shows some tests and basic usage of the UDF. Maybe there's no reason to use this UDF, given the existence of the others UDFs, but I did it to get to know DllCall better - I use structs no only to pass but also to get data back (I don't use the array returned by DllCall to read that data, unless required). You're welcome to test it on older and newer Windows versions.
      Here's a list of the implemented functions:
      ; _ComListPorts ; _ComOpenPort ; _ComSetTimeouts ; _ComClosePort ; ; _ComSetBreak ; _ComClearBreak ; _ComGetInputcount ; _ComGetOutputcount ; _ComClearOutputBuffer ; _ComClearInputBuffer ; ; _ComSendByte ; _ComReadByte ; _ComSendBinary ; _ComReadBinary ; ; _ComSendChar ; _ComReadChar ; _ComSendCharArray ; _ComReadCharArray ; _ComSendString ; _ComReadString ; ; __ComClearCommError ; __PurgeComm Maze

ComUDF.au3
      ComUDF-Tests.au3
    • Satvik
      By Satvik
      Hi 
      I am trying to open a dll using DLLOpen, however everytime i try to do so the function fails and returns -1 result. 
      I have the dll in the same folder as the auto it script. 
      Local $hDLL = DllOpen("C:\Users\310255155\Downloads\COMMGvv2\commg.dll") DllCall($hDLL, "int", "MessageBox", "hwnd", 0, "str", "Some text", "str", "Some title", "int", 0) DllClose($hDLL) MsgBox(0,'result',$hDLL)  
    • dainiusb
      By dainiusb
      So I'm trying to send a string of data to Arduino using CommMG UDF. It seems that Arduino is not receiving it. I used Device Monitoring Studio and it shows that the data is sent fine and looks exactly the same as if I sent it from Arduino Serial Monitor. Is CommMG compatible with USB?
      Global $CMPort = 9 Global $CmBoBaud = 9600 Global $sportSetError = '' Global $CmboDataBits = 8 Global $CmBoParity = "none" Global $CmBoStop = 1 Global $setflow = 2 _CommSetPort($CMPort, $sportSetError, $CmBoBaud, $CmboDataBits, $CmBoParity, $CmBoStop, $setflow) If @error Then MsgBox(16,"Error!","Can't connect to Arduino on port - "&$CMPort) Exit EndIf _CommSetRTS(0) _CommSetDTR(0) _CommSendString("x" & 128 & "y" & 256 & "e", 1)