Sign in to follow this  
RyukShini

[UNSOLVED] Writing [SUCCESS] after each line

If $oStatusCode = 404 Then
_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput[$i])
For $i = 1 To $aInput[$i]
    $aInput[$i] &= "[SUCCESS]"
Next

_FileWriteFromArray("checked.txt", $aInput[$i], 1)
EndIf

I am trying to write [SUCECSS] on each line in my email.txt file and store it as "Checked.txt"
I have written this code from my research here on this forum, but I just can't get it to work.
I've tried different ways of using array, also tried using "FileWriteLine" functions, nothing works out for me.

I hope someone can point me towards a solution and/or write the code I need with an explanation.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by RyukShini
[SOLVED]

4 minutes ago, JohnOne said:
_FileWriteFromArray("checked.txt", $aInput, 1)

Now it writes $aInput on each lines of "checked.txt"

However it does not write [SUCCESS] after each lines.
And it does it for all of email.txt not just the ones giving response 404.

Thank you though, it made my progress go a bit further.

8 minutes ago, JohnOne said:

And

_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput)

And

For $i = 1 To $aInput[0]
Next

Now it writes [SUCCESS] after each line.
however it does it for all of email.txt.
It does not only write [SUCCESS] if the response code is 404.
Thanks a lot, I will try to fix it, but if more responds comes I wont complain!

You're reading the entire contents of "email.txt" into a single array element (with a possibly undefined index), then trying to use that same array element as the upper bound on a for-loop index, which won't work: $aInput[$i] contains the data from "email.txt", not the line count. Perhaps what you meant is something like this:

_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput)          ; Line count (max index) is in element 0
    For $i = 1 To $aInput[0]
    Next
    _FileWriteFromArray("checked.txt", $aInput, 1)  ; Begin writing from index = 1
EndIf

Give _FileReadToArray() an array variable with no index to read each line of "email.txt" into successive elements starting at index = 1; you need to specify a starting index of 1 for _FileWriteFromArray(), otherwise it will start with 0 and include the line count in the output to "checked.txt".

I haven't tested the code; you might need to append @CRLF to each element of the array (after "[SUCCESS]"). You might also want to put a space or tab character before "[SUCCESS]" for readability, otherwise it will immediately follow the last character in the input line (no intervening whitespace).

When the going gets tough, the tough start coding.

21 minutes ago, tremolux66 said:

You're reading the entire contents of "email.txt" into a single array element (with a possibly undefined index), then trying to use that same array element as the upper bound on a for-loop index, which won't work: $aInput[$i] contains the data from "email.txt", not the line count. Perhaps what you meant is something like this:

_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput)          ; Line count (max index) is in element 0
    For $i = 1 To $aInput[0]
    Next
    _FileWriteFromArray("checked.txt", $aInput, 1)  ; Begin writing from index = 1
EndIf

Give _FileReadToArray() an array variable with no index to read each line of "email.txt" into successive elements starting at index = 1; you need to specify a starting index of 1 for _FileWriteFromArray(), otherwise it will start with 0 and include the line count in the output to "checked.txt".

I haven't tested the code; you might need to append @CRLF to each element of the array (after "[SUCCESS]"). You might also want to put a space or tab character before "[SUCCESS]" for readability, otherwise it will immediately follow the last character in the input line (no intervening whitespace).

I have tried back and forth, I am not sure I understand.
Would you mind writing an example?
I process code easier than I process words to be honest.

This example is pretty much the same as the code I posted earlier, and is based on the code fragment that was originally posted.

#cs ----------------
    success.au3
#ce ----------------
#include <File.au3>

Local $aInput[1]            ; Declare the array with 1 element just so AutoIt knows it's an array -
                            ;   _FileReadToArray() will grow the array to be big enough to hold all the
                            ;   lines of text from the file

Local $oStatusCode = 404    ; Set this variable to 404 to force the SUCCESS code to execute

; Read the contents of "email.txt" into the array starting at index = 1
    ; -- $aInput[0] will hold the line count, and $aInput[1] ... $aInput[N] will hold lines 1-N
    ; -- For example: with 4 lines of text, $aInput = [4, line_1, line_2, line_3, line_4]

; For every line in the file ...
    For $i = 1 to $aInput[0]
        ; ... append <space>[SUCCESS] to the line (no @CRLF needed)
        $aInput[$i] &= " [SUCCESS]"
    Next

; Write all the text lines in the array to "checked.txt"
    ; -- We set the 3rd argument to 1 so that it starts with index = 1 instead of 0
EndIf

email.txt contents:

This is line 1.
Here is line 2!
This could be line 3...

checked.txt contents:

This is line 1. [SUCCESS]
Here is line 2! [SUCCESS]
This could be line 3... [SUCCESS]

When the going gets tough, the tough start coding.

3 hours ago, tremolux66 said:

This example is pretty much the same as the code I posted earlier, and is based on the code fragment that was originally posted.

#cs ----------------
    success.au3
#ce ----------------
#include <File.au3>

Local $aInput[1]            ; Declare the array with 1 element just so AutoIt knows it's an array -

Local $oStatusCode = 404    ; Set this variable to 404 to force the SUCCESS code to execute

; -- $aInput[0] will hold the line count, and $aInput[1] ... $aInput[N] will hold lines 1-N
    ; -- For example: with 4 lines of text, $aInput = [4, line_1, line_2, line_3, line_4]

For $i = 1 to $aInput[0]
    Next

EndIf

email.txt contents:

This is line 1.
Here is line 2!
This could be line 3...

checked.txt contents:

This is line 1. [SUCCESS]
Here is line 2! [SUCCESS]
This could be line 3... [SUCCESS]

Thanks, so far that is working fine, sorry for not being able to express myself proper.
It is already working as your example shows.
However it should only write [SUCCESS] on the ones giving status code 404.

So 

This is an example:

This is a line - It gave Response code 200
this is a line - same as above
this is a line - ^
this is a line [SUCCESS] - Response code was 404
this is a line - response code 200

Right now it takes all of the file and writes [SUCCESS] each line even thought I gave it if $statuscode = etc.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Are you sending a EMail to all adresses in EMail.txt in a loop? I think it's better to show your whole script,because title and script snippet are saying you want to write success after each line.

#cs ----------------
    success.au3
#ce ----------------
#include <File.au3>

Local $aInput[1]            ; Declare the array with 1 element just so AutoIt knows it's an array -

Local $oStatusCode = 404    ; Set this variable to 404 to force the SUCCESS code to execute

For $i = 1 to $aInput[0]
        $oStatusCode = Random(404, 408, 1)
        If Not $oStatusCode = 404 Then
        EndIf
    Next

EndIf

15 hours ago, mikell said:

Is "email.txt" a list of addresses , for which you check status code and then write the result in "checked.txt" ?

It is a list of usernames actually, just never got to change the filename.
but it takes the username/email.txt and inserts it after .com/username
Then if the specific website gives me back a 404 response code(Page not found)
Then it should write [SUCCESS] after that username in the email.txt and/or save the [SUCCESS] in checked.txt

Then the approach should be like this

Local $aInput
_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput)  ; read the list of names to array

For $i = 1 To $aInput[0]   ; for each name
    ; here some code to send mail and check status code 
    ; ...
    If $oStatusCode = 404 Then $aInput[$i] &= " [SUCCESS]"  ; append to the address
Next
_FileWriteFromArray("checked.txt", $aInput, 1)  ; rewrite the array to file

3 hours ago, mikell said:

Then the approach should be like this

Local $aInput

; here some code to send mail and check status code 
    ; ...
Next

I am not sure what I am doing wrong:

#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
Local $aInput
_FileReadToArray("email.txt", $aInput)  ; read the list of names to arra

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")
For $i = 1 to UBound($aInput) -1
$oHTTP.Open("GET", "https:///" & $aInput[$i], False) ; Post url
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8") ; Header data >
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8")
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.52 YaBrowser/15.12.2490.3614 (beta) Yowser/2.5 Safari/537.36")
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-CSRFToken", "")
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Referer", "https:///")
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-Requested-With", "XMLHttpRequest")
; Header data <

; Performing the Request
$oHTTP.Send
;Sends the post data with the given details

;Download the body response if any, and get the server status response code.
$oReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText
$oStatusCode = $oHTTP.Status
Next
        $aInput[$i] &= " [SUCCESS]"  ; append to the address

EndIf
Next
Sleep(3000)

My (personal) feeling about your logic is that you should try something like this

#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#Include <File.au3>

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")
Local $aInput

$oHTTP.Open("GET", "https:///" & $aInput[$i], False) ; Post url
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8") ; Header data >
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8")
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.52 YaBrowser/15.12.2490.3614 (beta) Yowser/2.5 Safari/537.36")
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-CSRFToken", "")
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Referer", "https:///")
    $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-Requested-With", "XMLHttpRequest")
    $oHTTP.Send
    $oReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText
    $oStatusCode = $oHTTP.Status
Next

$oHTTP = 0

Edited by mikell
huge typo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Skysnake
      Hi
      I am trying to set Accelerator keys from an array.
      I select the KEY and CONTROL from a SQLite table, the Array looks like that generated for the Helpfile, but I can't get the CONTROLS to resolve...
      I though about Assign & Eval, but not sure if that's a step in the right direction. IsDeclared shows that the $var exists in Local Scope -1.  

Local $Main = GUICreate("Custom MsgBox", 225, 80) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please select a button.", 10, 10) Local $idButton_Yes = GUICtrlCreateButton("Yes", 10, 50, 65, 25) Local $idButton_No = GUICtrlCreateButton("No", 80, 50, 65, 25) Local $idButton_Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 150, 50, 65, 25) Local $query, $aResult, $iRows, $iColumns $query = "" ;reset $query = "Select hotkey_key, hotkey_ctrl from mytable where mykeys = 'hotkey' ; " ; ; Query $iRval = _SQLite_GetTable2d($sqliteDb, $query, $aResult, $iRows, $iColumns) If $iRval = $SQLITE_OK Then Local $sizeofHotkeys = UBound($aResult) - 1 ConsoleWrite("$sizeofHotkeys " & $sizeofHotkeys & @CRLF) If $sizeofHotkeys > 0 Then Local $main__aAccelKeys[$sizeofHotkeys][2] For $i = 0 To $sizeofHotkeys - 1 $j = $i + 1 ; replace friendly text with code -- ! alt + Shift ^ Ctrl # Windows $aResult[$j][0] = StringReplace($aResult[$j][0], "Alt", "!") $aResult[$j][0] = StringReplace($aResult[$j][0], "Shift", "+") $aResult[$j][0] = StringReplace($aResult[$j][0], "Ctrl", "^") $main__aAccelKeys[$i][0] = $aResult[$j][0] ;--- $main__aAccelKeys[$i][1] = $aResult[$j][1] ;--- Next ;~ Row|Col 0|Col 1 ;~ Row 0|F2|$idButton_Yes ;~ Row 1|F3|$idButton_No _DebugArrayDisplay($main__aAccelKeys) Local $rv = GUISetAccelerators($main__aAccelKeys, $Main) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Display the GUI.  
      Please note that this is a modified Helpfile example.
      The Helpfile specifies (a) WinHandle and (b) last Gui created.
      --> the example uses a control not a WinHandle and (b) what happens with ChildGuis? Also, the HelpFile specifies lower case, yet the examples show "{F1}" upper case?
      Also, is there a way to check the result of the GuiSetAccelerator function? 
      Note, if I add these to lines after the FOR loop, then the F1 works, and the DebugArrayDisplays shows control 4... not it's name... So I am in the right place, but my $vars names do not convert to their control numbers in the GUI
      Next $main__aAccelKeys[$sizeofHotkeys - 1][0] = "{F1}" ; -- -- use the extra row for the F1 $main__aAccelKeys[$sizeofHotkeys - 1][1] = $ChmHLP ;--- Skysnake
    • By wolflake
      I've used PowerPro for years and it had a feature that let you turn an array into a menu.  It also let you know if it got a right click. I liked the right click feature because it doubled the menu item usage ie left/right on the same menu item.  I tried recreate that usage with a context menu.   With _ArrayToMenu you can pass menu items for 1 and 2 dimensional arrays. Note you can indicate sub-menu but using a -> at the end of the item.  Use a - to make a separater. Optionally you can pass Tooltips by passing a second array. This array must have the same dimensions as the items array even if not all the elements contain tips. The UDF returns an array with this index of row (and if submenus column), the third element is 1 if right clicked otherwise 0 and the fourth element of the array is the label of the menu item. If the user escapes without choosing an item the the first element returns a -1.  Same thing if the user clicks on another window.   @error returns 1 if there was no array passed, 2 if the second array has different dimensions than the first.   If you use the same label in two parts of your menu you will have to distinguish them.  You can do that by additionally making sure that the selection matches the index number(s).  Note that you'll have to match the index number plus label before you match just the label because Switch will use the first match it can find.  In the example below I am using a check on which column the data is in.  If it's not in the first column then it must be the other "Beef".   Beef
      Fruit
      Col2 > Beef
                  Bread   $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM) Switch $aR[3]
      Case "Beef" and $aR[2] = 0
             Beef1()
       Case "Beef"
             Beef2()
      EndSwitch   On a technical note I attached the context menu to the window itself not a dummy control and I didn't use _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu.  Instead I launched the context menu with "send shift-F10" and waited for GuiGetMsg() to give me the selection. Right click is picked up by GUIRegisterMsg WM_RBUTTONUP and Tooltips are done with GUIRegisterMsg WM_MENUSELECT. The whole thing is done with 3 functions. 
      I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this out but I'll say that on one of my early attempts it had two windows running at once and one was just to recieve the right click an tell the other it got it.  Suffice it to say I'm no wiz at Autoit but I really appreciate the support the community offers and I hope someone finds this useful. BTW I wrote a script to produce 1d and 2d auotit array code from excel in case you want to model your menu in excel. Here is the link.
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/139260-autoit-snippets/?do=findComment&comment=1412314
      _ArrayToMenu() UDF
      ;ArrayToMenu with submenus, tooltips, rightclick and esc to close. ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: _ArrayToMenu ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2 ; Description ...: Show an array as a popup menu optionally with tooltips and right click. ; Author(s) .....: Rick Sharp ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name..........: _ArrayToMenu($aArray_menu[,$aArray_tooltips]) ; Description...: Display an array as a menu and return the users choice, display tooltips(optional), return right click. ; Syntax........: _ArrayToMenu($aArray_menu[,$aArray_tooltips]) ; ; Parameters....: ; Required......: A 1d or 2d array of menu items ; Use a minus sign in the item to indicate a menu separator. ; Use -> at the end of an item to indicate a sub-menu. ; Optional......: A 1d or 2d array of tooltips. The array must use the same dimensions as the menu items array. ; ; Return values.: An Array ; $aArray[0] is index of the row (-1 if exited with no choice) ; $aArray[1] is index of the column ; $aArray[2] is 1 if right clicked ; $aArray[3] is the selected item (if any) ; Notes.........: If the user clicks on another window the ArrayToMenu returns as if esc were pressed. ; Sub-Menus are limited to 10 levels if you need more change $ahM[10] ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #VARIABLES# =================================================================================================================== ; Global $__g_iRT = 0, $__g_aTT1, $__g_ahi ; "$__g_iRT" for right click flag, "$__g_aTT1" for tips, "$__g_ahi" for index of id's in menu and tips ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #@error# ====================================================================================================================== ; 1 - First parameter is Not an array ; 2 - The Menu/Items array and the Tips array are not the same number of dimensions ; =============================================================================================================================== #include-once #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <misc.au3> Func _ArrayToMenu($aMenu, $att = "") If Not IsArray($aMenu) Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1) Global $__g_iRT = 0 Local $ahM[10], $iCcnt = UBound($aMenu, 2), $iRcnt = UBound($aMenu), $iRow, $iCol, $b_Esc If UBound($aMenu, 2) = 0 Then _ArrayColInsert($aMenu, 1) ;if 1d array make it 2d EndIf ;Prep Loop to make Menus and Sub-Menus $iRcnt = UBound($aMenu) ;Count of Rows/Items $iCcnt = UBound($aMenu, 2) ;Count of Cols/Menus GUIRegisterMsg($WM_RBUTTONUP, "WM_RBUTTONUP") ;handles Right Click If IsArray($att) Then If UBound($att, 2) = 0 Then _ArrayColInsert($att, 1) If UBound($att, 2) <> $iCcnt Or UBound($att) <> $iRcnt Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1) ;$amenu and $att not same dimensions Global $__g_aTT1 = $att ;added $__g_aTT1 because $att was not seen by WM_MenuSelect for tooltips GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MENUSELECT, "WM_MENUSELECT") ;handles tooltips EndIf Local $mPos = MouseGetPos() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $hMenu = GUICreate("C_menu", 10, 10, $mPos[0], $mPos[1], $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### ;Build Menus Global $__g_ahi[$iRcnt + 1][$iCcnt + 1] ;array to hold Menu Item id's $iMcnt = 0 ;Menu count $ahM[$iMcnt] = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu() ;if the array element is null then it falls through and nothing happens For $j = 0 To $iCcnt - 1 ;for each Column/Menu For $i = 0 To $iRcnt - 1 ;for each Row/Item If StringRight($aMenu[$i][$j], 2) = "->" Then ;Sub-Menu $aMenu[$i][$j] = StringTrimRight($aMenu[$i][$j], 2) ;remove -> $iMcnt += 1 $ahM[$iMcnt] = GUICtrlCreateMenu($aMenu[$i][$j], $ahM[$j]) ; $__g_ahi[$i][$j] = $ahM[$iMcnt] ElseIf $aMenu[$i][$j] > "" Then ;Normal item If StringLeft($aMenu[$i][$j], 1) = "-" Then $aMenu[$i][$j] = "" $__g_ahi[$i][$j] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem($aMenu[$i][$j], $ahM[$j]) EndIf Next Next Send("+{F10}") ;sends right click to open context menu While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $nMsg > 0 Then ;ConsoleWrite("nMsg= " & $nMsg & @CRLF) $iRow = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $nMsg) $iCol = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $nMsg, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, $iRow, True) ExitLoop EndIf If _IsPressed("1B") = 1 Or WinActive("C_menu") = 0 Then $b_Esc = -1 ExitLoop EndIf WEnd ;*** Done *** GUIDelete($hMenu) Local $aAr1[4] $aAr1[0] = $iRow $aAr1[1] = $iCol $aAr1[2] = $__g_iRT If Not $b_Esc = -1 Then $aAr1[3] = $aMenu[$aAr1[0]][$aAr1[1]] Else $aAr1[0] = -1 EndIf Return $aAr1 EndFunc ;==>_ArrayToMenu ;Check for Right Click Func WM_RBUTTONUP($hMenu, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) $__g_iRT = 1 ;Mark as rclicked Send("{Enter}") ;choose the item EndFunc ;==>WM_RBUTTONUP ;Tooltips Func WM_MENUSELECT($hMenu, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) Local $idMenu = BitAND($iwParam, 0xFFFF) Local $iRow, $iCol If $idMenu > 0 Then $iRow = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $idMenu) If $iRow > -1 Then $iCol = _ArraySearch($__g_ahi, $idMenu, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, $iRow, True) EndIf If $iCol > -1 And $iRow > -1 And $__g_aTT1[$iRow][$iCol] > " " Then ToolTip($__g_aTT1[$iRow][$iCol]) Else ToolTip("") EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>WM_MENUSELECT Example 1 Simple 1d array with tooltips, item separator and right click.
      #include "ArrayToMenu.au3" ;Simple 1d array with tooltips item separator and right click. $aM = StringSplit("Zero,One,-,Two/Two_R", ",", 3) ;make an array for the menu items $aT = StringSplit("Zero,One,-,", ",", 3) ;make an array for the menu Tooltips $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM,$aT) if @error then ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF) EndIf ConsoleWrite("R: " & $aR[0] & " " & "C: " & $aR[1] & " " & "Rclick: " & $aR[2] & " " & "Item: " & $aR[3] & @CRLF) If $aR[0] = -1 Then ;either hit escape or clicked on another window ConsoleWrite("Esc" & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ;_ArrayDisplay($aR) Switch $aR[3] Case "Zero" Zero() Case "One" One() Case "Two/Two_R" And $aR[2] = 0 ;No Rclick Two() Case "Two/Two_R" And $aR[2] = 1 ;Rclick Two_R() EndSwitch Func Zero() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Zero" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Zero Func One() ConsoleWrite("You chose: One" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>One Func Two() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Two" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Two Func Two_R() ConsoleWrite("You chose: Two_R" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Two_R Example 2 2d array with sub-menu
      #include "ArrayToMenu.au3" ;2d array with a sub-menu dim $aM[4][2] = [["Beef", "Orange"], ["Pork", "Apple"], ["Chicken", "Grape"], ["Fruit->", ""]] ;Note you don't need a tooltip for every item but you at least need a place holder in the array dim $aT[4][2] = [["Red Meat", "Fruit"], ["Other white meat", "Fruit"], ["White meat", "Fruit"], ["", ""]] $aR = _ArrayToMenu($aM,$aT) if @error Then ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF) Exit EndIf If $aR[0] = -1 Then ConsoleWrite("Esc" & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ConsoleWrite("R: " & $aR[0] & " " & "C: " & $aR[1] & " " & "Rclick: " & $aR[2] & " " & "Item: " & $aR[3] & @CRLF) Switch $aR[3] Case "Beef" Beef() Case "Pork" Pork() Case "Chicken" Chicken() Case "Orange" ConsoleWrite("Oranges are good for you!" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Oranges" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) Case "Apple" ConsoleWrite("Apples are good for you!" & @CRLF) Case "Grape" ConsoleWrite("Grapes are good for you!" & @CRLF) EndSwitch Func Beef() ConsoleWrite("Beef" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Beef Func Pork() ConsoleWrite("Pork" & " $aR[0] = " & $aR[0] & " $aR[1] = " & $aR[1] & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Pork Func Chicken() ConsoleWrite("Chicken" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Chicken  
    • By Ibet
      Hey all, 
      Ending day 2 of learning AutoIt, and I'm stumped. I wrote an extremely rudimentary script simulating keystrokes for reading/copying values from one excel spreadsheet and pasting them into another spreadsheet, line by line. It works, but it doesn't use any of the Excel UDFs and was just sloppy. So, I'm trying to re-write it using some Excel UDFs to not only optimize the script, but to also learn how to use the Excel UDFs. If the answer is in a help file, please explain as I'm sometimes having problems understanding the examples in the help files.
      I'm getting the error: 
      "C:\Users\johndoe\Desktop\AutoIt Test\AutoIt_Read spreadsheet 1 - write spreadsheet 2-version2.au3" (25) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",$SourceEntry[1]) MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 1.804 Here is the code:
      #include<Array.au3> #include<Excel.au3> ;-------------------Read from Source--------------------------- Local $oExcel_Source = _Excel_Open() Local $sWorkbook = "C:\Users\johndoe\Desktop\AutoIt Test\AutoIt_Testing_SOURCE.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel_Source,$sWorkbook) Local $SourceRow = 3 ;--eventually will be used to iterate through the rows, one at a time Local $SourceEntry[5] = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook,Default,"A"&$SourceRow&":E"&$SourceRow) _ArrayDisplay($SourceEntry, "1D Display") ;--Displays array values correctly MsgBox(0,"Test","Test",$SourceEntry[1]) ;--Gives error, for any index in the array I want to make sure I can read the values of the array individually, before I try putting them into another document. This is because I've got to add some checks against the values already existing in the destination spreadsheet before any manipulation. I've spent the last hour or more googling that error and reading multiple posts where that error is meaning many different things, so unsure EXACTLY what the problem is. Would greatly appreciate a fix and/or explanation as well as patience with my noob-ness.
      Thanks in advance
    • By SlackerAl
      I appreciate this seems like a trivial question, but my searching has failed....
      I was using a 1D array as follows:
      Local $DataName[3] = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] And all was OK. I then wanted to separate the declaration from the assignment and assumed I could do something like:
      Local $DataName[3] $DataName = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] ;or $DataName[] = [2, $sBaseFileName, $sUpdatedFileName] But I see I cannot. I am aware that I can add the 3 elements 1 at a time with _ArrayAdd, but is there a simple inline method like I was trying for?
    • By Lynn Shaw
      Anyone know why _ArraySearch is not finding an entry with a single quote in it?  
      Here is an example:
      #include <array.au3>
      Dim $array[3][2]
      $array[0][0] = "Testing is****fun"
      $array[1][0] = "Don't mess with me kid"
      $array[2][0] = "blah'blah"
      _ArrayDisplay($array)
      $index = _ArraySearch($array, "blah'blah", 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1)
      MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, 'Selection:' & @CRLF & '$index' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'Return:' & @CRLF & $index) ;### Debug MSGBOX