Bester

How to disable GUI control dotted border

Bester

Hello there,

after i updated to the newest version of Autoit, every GUI control (buttons, checkboxes, radiobuttons, etc. ) that is currently focused has a dotted border (sorry, dont know the proper name) around it, and i don`t know how to disable it.

controlborder.png

I have tried setting exStyle of GUICreate to 0, that worked for one run and then it was back.
I have tried setting style of GUICreate to 0, didn`t help at all.

Am i missing something very obvious here? 
Please do help, it`s driving me crazy :D

Thanks

Melba23

Bester,

My NoFocusLines UDF (look in my sig for the link) is just what you need.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Bester

Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately, unless i`m using your UDF wrong, it does not work for me.

#RequireAdmin

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

#include <date.au3>
#include <string.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
;~ #include <StaticConstants.au3>
;~ #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include "Include\variables.au3"
#include "Include\_NoFocusLines.au3"
#include "Include\_Licence.au3"

_NoFocusLines_Global_Set()

Local $gui_select
Local $nMsg
Local $btn_trial
Local $btn_reg
Local $btn_atris
Local $applicationName = "IP Conf"

$gui_select = GUICreate($applicationName, 280, 80)
;~      GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF, $gui_select)

GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is a Trial version of " & $applicationName, 10, 10, 200, 20)
$btn_trial = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue Trial", 10, 40, 90, 30)
;~ If $trialPeriod = -1 Then GUICtrlSetState($btn_trial, $GUI_DISABLE)
$btn_reg = GUICtrlCreateButton("Register", 110, 40, 90, 30)
$btn_atris = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 220, 4, 57, 68, $BS_BITMAP)
;~ InetGet($atris_logo, @TempDir & "\atris.bmp")
GUICtrlSetImage($btn_atris, @TempDir & "\atris.bmp", -1, 0)

GUISetState()

While True
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

If $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
        _NoFocusLines_Global_Exit()
        Exit
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_atris Then
        ;atris logo button
        ShellExecute("http://atris.sk/")
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_trial Then
        ;trial button
        $RequiresRegCode = 0
        GUIDelete($gui_select)
        $validation = CheckValidation()
        If $validation <> -1 Then
            MsgBox(0, "", "You are currently running Trial version of " & $applicationName & @CRLF & _
                    "If you like this software, please consider buying a full version." & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                    "You have " & $validation & " days left to evaluate this software.")
        EndIf
        FileSetAttrib($LicenceTDll, "+HS")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_reg Then
        ;register button
        ShellExecute($product_page)
        $RequiresRegCode = 1
        $trialPeriod = -1
        GUIDelete($gui_select)
        EnterNewCode()
        FileSetAttrib($LicenceDll, "+HS")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

WEnd

Melba23

Bester,

Once I remove all the code I cannot run it works fine for me:

#RequireAdmin

;Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

#include <date.au3>
#include <string.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
;~ #include <StaticConstants.au3>
;~ #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>

;#include "Include\variables.au3"
#include "NoFocusLines.au3" ; Renamed to match my filepath
;#include "Include\_Licence.au3"

$iRet = _NoFocusLines_Global_Set()
MsgBox(0, "NFL", $iRet)

Local $gui_select
Local $nMsg
Local $btn_trial
Local $btn_reg
Local $btn_atris
Local $applicationName = "IP Conf"

$gui_select = GUICreate($applicationName, 280, 80)
;~      GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF, $gui_select)

GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is a Trial version of " & $applicationName, 10, 10, 200, 20)
;~ If $trialPeriod = -1 Then GUICtrlSetState($btn_trial, $GUI_DISABLE)
$btn_atris = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 220, 4, 57, 68, $BS_BITMAP)
;~ InetGet($atris_logo, @TempDir & "\atris.bmp")
GUICtrlSetImage($btn_atris, @TempDir & "\atris.bmp", -1, 0)

GUISetState()

While True
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

_NoFocusLines_Global_Exit()
        Exit
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_atris Then
        ;atris logo button
        ;ShellExecute("http://atris.sk/")
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_trial Then
        ;trial button
        ;$RequiresRegCode = 0
        ;GUIDelete($gui_select)
        ;$validation = CheckValidation()
        ;If $validation <> -1 Then
        ;    MsgBox(0, "", "You are currently running Trial version of " & $applicationName & @CRLF & _
        ;            "If you like this software, please consider buying a full version." & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        ;           "You have " & $validation & " days left to evaluate this software.")
        ;EndIf
        ;FileSetAttrib($LicenceTDll, "+HS")
        ;ExitLoop
    EndIf

If $nMsg = $btn_reg Then
        ;register button
        ;ShellExecute($product_page)
        ;$RequiresRegCode = 1
        ;$trialPeriod = -1
        ;GUIDelete($gui_select)
        ;EnterNewCode()
        ;FileSetAttrib($LicenceDll, "+HS")
        ;ExitLoop
    EndIf

WEnd

What do you get in the MsgBox?

And you really need to look in the Help file at how a Switch structure works to greatly simplify your GUIGetMsg loop.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Bester

Thank you again for your reply and the highlights

now here`s the funny thing, in the code you just posted i do get dotted border at the first MsgBox

MsgBox(0, "NFL", $iRet)

but if i click with mouse on button with dotted border (OK), i will not get it after that, which is great, but if i do remove that MsgBox or close it with Esc, or press Enter on the OK button, i`ll get dotted border on my GUI

So, i`m kinda lost here

Edit:
after more testing, even if i remove your function, it acts exactly the same way, i really have no idea how that damn dotted border thing works

Edited by Bester

Melba23

Bester,

i`m kinda lost here

So am I!

it does not surprise me that the MsgBox displays the focus lines - but I am surprised that your GUI is affected by the manner in which you dismiss it. Does this very simple version of your script display focus lines on the buttons when you use {TAB} to move between them?

#include "NoFocusLines.au3"

_NoFocusLines_Global_Set()

$gui_select = GUICreate("", 280, 80)

GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is a Trial version", 10, 10, 200, 20)
$btn_atris = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 220, 4, 57, 68)

GUISetState()

While True
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

If not then we can begin to add other sections to see if we can define the problem area. 

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Spoiler

Bester

Another rather interesting observation (applies for code with or without your function):

so i run the code you send me and if i run the script and just wait for GUI, i will always get button with dotted border, BUT if i run the script and click on some other window or Windows taskbar, i will not get dotted border

what is this madness?

Melba23

Bester,

I have no idea why you are having this problem - no-one else has ever reported any difficulties with the UDF. What OS are you running?

M23

Spoiler

Bester

Thank you again for your reply and i'm sorry for my late reply,

i'm running Win 7 Pro x64 EN, but since you mentioned no-one else has had difficulties, i'm going to test this with a few newly installed machines at work to see what's going on