theak

Running into switch/parameter command line Issues

theak
ShellExecute("\\servername\cofs\Organization\ITS\_Software & Hardware\AS400\DVD\Windows\cwblaunch.exe", '"/v/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL"')

I had to dig to find the right setup.exe according to the documentation but I got it to run. However, it pops up with this dialog box (attached) showing me the command line parameters, as if I'm incorrect.

installshield.JPG

It continues to run the install however, but seemingly without any of the command line parameters.

Here's the command I entered into the CMD prompt exactly:

"\\servername\cofs\Organization\ITS\_Software & Hardware\AS400\DVD\Windows\image64a\setup.exe",'"/v/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL"'

AdamUL

Try adding the /S parameter, and see if it installs correctly.  

Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jacobestepp
      By jacobestepp
      I am Very new to Autoit and I'm trying to figure out how to input text in an administrator Level Command prompt on windows 10. this is what I currently have
      Send ("#r") WinWaitActive("Run") Send("runas /user:Administrator cmd") Send("{Enter}") WinWait("C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe") ControlClick("", "", "[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") Send("test-Password") Send("{Enter}") The issue I am having is I can not send the "test-password" to the command prompt.  I cried adding the ControlClick command to place the cursor in he CMD box, but its still not working. What am I doing wrong?
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      With this script you can print Unicode text in the CMD screen
      the script is  easy to use
      just you  write the text that contains Unicode in the first input
      and the script automatically reflect the code in the second input
       you can copy the text to the clipboard
      or you can try printing the text in the CMD window
      I apologize to everyone for colors and shape if not appropriate
      I'm a blind man and I do not see
      Thank you for your understanding
      Greetings to all of youCmdUtM.au3
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      Thanks to this post (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/189553-writing-to-cmd/?do=findComment&comment=1361142) I can now write a helpfile to the cmd when for instance passing parameter -h or -help at cmd. But then cmd is blocked by the script (I had to free it with CTRL+BREAK):
      #include <WinAPI.au3> _WinAPI_AttachConsole() $hConsole = _WinAPI_GetStdHandle(1) _WinAPI_WriteConsole($hConsole, "Print helpfile................" & @CRLF) Inside MSDN Library then I found this sentence: A process can use the FreeConsole function to detach itself from its console.
      But I don't find something like _WinAPI_FreeConsole(). How can I do it in another way?
      Regards, Conrad
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator
    • Phil Viton
      By Phil Viton
      autoit3 under Win7 (x64)
      Here's a very simple script that reports the number
      of parameters it's called with:
      cmd_line_nparm.au3
      $nparm = $CmdLine[0] ; number of parameters
      MsgBox(0,"","nparm: " & $nparm)
      If I start a dos session and cd to the folder where
      this file is stored and run
      cmd_line_nparm.au3 abc def
      the response is nparm: 0 ; but if I provide the full
      path to the autoit exe file    I get the correct answer (2).
      Can anyone tell me what I need to do to avoid having to
      provide the full path? (Hopefully without needing to
      re-install autoit3)
      Thanks!