DrAhmed

Unstable TCP socket connection server keeps disconnecting and connecting all the time

I am working on a code of  Client-Server Connection for a while (Like Teamviewer) , the problem is that the server keeps disconnecting and connecting all the time , In the client i wrote a code to notify me each time server is online , I am getting around 10 notifications each 1 minute from same server :

This is the server code :

TCPStartup()
Local $ConnectedSocket
Local $My_IP = "127.0.0.1"
Local $My_PORT = '5000'
Local $UserID = "MyID"

; Connect
Connect($My_IP, $My_PORT)

While 1

If TCPConnect($My_IP, $My_PORT) <> -1 Then
        $recv = TCPRecv($ConnectedSocket, 2048)
        $RecvSpl = StringSplit($recv, "|")

Switch $RecvSpl[1]
            Case "order1"
          ; Do something
          MsgBox(64,"Success","You are now connected to the client")
          AddLogToClinet("My server is Online", $UserID, "Green")

EndSwitch
Else
        $Connected = False
        Connect($IP, $My_PORT)
EndIf

Sleep(100)
WEnd

; Connect To the Client
Func Connect($IP, $Port)
    Local $iConnectAttempts = 0
    TCPStartup()
    Do
        $ConnectedSocket = TCPConnect($IP, $Port)
        Sleep(1000)
    Until ($ConnectedSocket > 0 or $iConnectAttempts > 10)

Return SetError(@error, 0, $ConnectedSocket)
 EndFunc   ;==>Connect

; Send To Client
Func SockSend($Cmd, $Text)
TCPSend($ConnectedSocket, $Cmd & $SockSpl & $Text & $PocketSpl, 4)
EndFunc   ;==>SockSend

; Add Log To Server
Func AddLogToClinet($Data, $UserID, $Color)
SockSend("AddLog", $Data & $SockSpl & $UserID & $SockSpl & $Color)
EndFunc   ;==>AddLogToClinet

At first the Connection function was : 

; Connect To the Client ( Old )
Func Connect($IP, $Port)
    TCPStartup()
    $ConnectedSocket = TCPConnect($IP, $Port)

If @error Then
        Connect($IP, $My_PORT) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This was the causing recursion error
    Else
        $Connected = True
    EndIf
 EndFunc   ;==>Connect

It was working  good , except I had 'recursion level has been exceeded  error (old one)

WRisIQI.jpg

I've tried  increasing the delay for current code by :

Opt("TCPTimeout", 5000)

However it did not help yet what do you suggest to me ?

Edited by DrAhmed

Several times per second, you are opening a connection to the server, and not closing it.  If you are not communicating, or needing to keep the connection open, be sure to close it when done with it.  If you open too many connections, you will eventually be dropped.

Maybe try putting a TCPCloseSocket() statement after your TCPRecv() statement.

11 hours ago, willichan said:

Several times per second, you are opening a connection to the server, and not closing it.  If you are not communicating, or needing to keep the connection open, be sure to close it when done with it.  If you open too many connections, you will eventually be dropped.

Maybe try putting a TCPCloseSocket() statement after your TCPRecv() statement.

But, like you said I need to keep the connection open all the time, to make the server receive orders any time when it's online .

I was mainly suggesting that you not repeatedly create socket connections several times per second and keep them open.

Make a connection, do what you need to do (looks like all you are doing is checking to see if the connection succeeded), then disconnect.  If you are not actually transferring data across the connection, then you don't need to keep it open.  If you are transferring data, then suspend your loop since you do not need to be opening new connections.  The reason your script is reporting that you are dropping connectivity is because you are reaching the limit on open sockets.  You actually have several successfully open sockets, but since there are no more sockets available, TCPConnect() fails, and your script interprets that as a loss of connection to the server.  When your script re-issues the TCPStartup(), you are then killing all of those successful socket connections, and starting over.  Again, you have most likely not really lost connection to the server, but you are rather causing the connection to fail after falsely identifying the connection as lost.

Hopefully, that explanation is a little more helpful.  Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tarretarretarre
      Autoit-Socket-IO
      Introduction
      Autoit-Socket-IO is a event driven TCP/IP wrapper heavily inspired from Socket.IO with focus on user friendliness and long term sustainability.
      I created this UDF because I was fascinated how Socket.IO made a such scary task "reliable and secure networking" so simple for the developer. So this was my main motivation.
      I constantly want to make this UDF faster and better, so if you have any suggestions. Do not hesitate to make requests!
      Features
      Flexiable and easy to understand API Above avarage documentation "Fully featured" examples Security in form of data encryption and middleware-support Limitations
      Speed. Because I want this UDF to be as flexible and simple as possible. Sometimes speed is sacrificed, but that does not mean i don't try to . It is not possible to emit objects mainly because autoit does not support serialization. Only 1D-arrays can be emitted (2D arrays will probably never be supported) Success story
      Since December 2017-now I have used version 1.5.0 in an production environment for 40+ clients with great success, the only downtime is planned windows updates and power outages.
      Getting started
      Download the script from AutoIt or pull it from the official github repo git@github.com:tarreislam/Autoit-Socket-IO.git and checkout the tag 2.0.0 The documentation is located at Docs\index.html Take a look in the examples/ folder Changelog
      Version 2.0.0 (This update break scripts. Please consult the upgrade.md for guidance)
      All global internal variables has been renamed. Added a bunch of new API methods: _Io_RegisterMiddleware, _Io_whoAmI, _Io_IsClient, _Io_IsServer, _Io_getAllByProperty and _Io_getFirstByProperty and some more. Read more about these in the documentation. _Io_socketGetProperty now has a setter method called _Io_socketSetProperty which can be used to set custom properties. _Io_socketGetProperty now has a third parameter "default" which is used when a property is not found Removed _Io_setEventPostScript and _Io_setEventPretScript in favor of _Io_RegisterMiddleware Improved documentation (It still needs some love though) Improved the verbosity of _Io_DevDebug  
      Newest version (2019-09-29!)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-2.0.0.zip
      Older versions (Not supported anymore)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.5.0.zip
    • By AoRaToS
      I started working on this program in the summer of 2008 then I stopped cause I faced some problems I couldn't overcome back then. Now that I've practiced more and have become a better scripter/programmer I'm releasing the program to the public to get some opinions. I know it's not a new concept but it's the first program I started besides some small stuff I did just for practice! I won't post the source code yet because it's still under construction, although I'm sure I've posted early stages of the code with bugs in the past in some topic...
      What I wanted was a simple, small, serverless program that would work without installation cause I wanted it for where I work, so I ended up with this!
      I have attached some images of various versions, also visit the forum thread.
      The package includes s!mpL3 LAN Messenger and the full change log.
      Current version 2.9.9.1! [04/07/2019]
      Check the Change Log below!

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88782

Read the license before using this software.

• By Colduction
      Hello Guys and AutoIt Scriptwriters!🎉❤️
      I've created a script to notify to me if RDP main IP changed then send a message via Telegram bot to me
      But some of my RDP's Main IP are @IPAddress1 or @IPAddress3 or Public IP Address...
      I want to detect automatically the IP that windows client can run RDP to remotely control
      This image can help you that what i say, there are three RDP with specified IP, i want to run script in these RDP's then capture those IP's changes then notify me via Telegram bot

• By rudi
      Hello,
      When new versions e.g. of your compiled script cannot be replaced on the server, as they are in use, you can use this script to manage to close the open handles and to replace the old file with your new version.

; Autoit v3.3.14.5 #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Close OpenFileHandlles, replace file on Server with a new version #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=(c) 2019 by Rudolf Thilo, IT-Beratung Rudolf Thilo #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <NetShare.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> ; Enumerate open files on the server $DragDropOpenFile = "<drag-drop file locked on Server to be closed and replaced>" $DragDropNewFile = "<drag-drop file to replace the one on the server>" $NewFile = "" $Gui_h = 250 $Gui_w = 800 $vDist = 7 ; GUICreate($GuiTitle, $w, $h, @DesktopWidth - $w - 100, @DesktopHeight - $h - 60, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ; generally enable drag-drop for files into other GUI controls $myGui = GUICreate("force close of all NETWORK opened file handles", $Gui_w, $Gui_h, 100, 100, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) $InputFileToClose = GUICtrlCreateInput($DragDropOpenFile, 20, $vDist, $Gui_w - 40, 20) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; allow drag-droping files for this control, $InputFile Opt("Guicoordmode", 2) $InputFileNew = GUICtrlCreateInput($DragDropNewFile, -1, $vDist) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; allow drag-droping files for this control, $InputFile GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $lServer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<server>", -1, $vDist) $lShare = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<share>", -1, $vDist) $lPath = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<path>", -1, $vDist) $lFile = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<file>", -1, $vDist) $doit = GUICtrlCreateButton("search for and close open file handles", -1, $vDist) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("cancel", -1, $vDist) GUISetState() $FN = False $FNnew = "" $FNmatch = False $ToolTitle = "" $ToolTxt = "" While 1 $input = GUICtrlRead($InputFileToClose) If $input <> $DragDropOpenFile Then ; da wurde was reingezogen $DragDropOpenFile = $input If StringLeft($input, 2) = "\\" Then $Type = "UNC" $ServerShareUNC = StringLeft($input, StringInStr($input, "\", 0, 4) - 1) $fRelPathFN = StringReplace($input, $ServerShareUNC, "") $fPath = StringLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) $FN = StringTrimLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) ElseIf StringMid($input, 2, 1) = ":" Then ; Pfad mit Laufwerksbuchstabe, evtl. Netzwerk Mapping (erforderlich) $drive = StringLeft($input, 2) $Type = DriveGetType($drive) If $Type = "Network" Then $ServerShareUNC = DriveMapGet($drive) $foo = StringReplace($input, $drive, $ServerShareUNC) ; Laufwerkspfad in UNC Pfad umwandeln $fRelPathFN = StringReplace($foo, $ServerShareUNC, "") $fPath = StringLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) $FN = StringTrimLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) Else MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, "This script can *ONLY* close open file handles on NETWORK SHARES!" & @CRLF & _ $input & @CRLF & _ $drive & " = " & $Type) ContinueLoop 2 EndIf EndIf $Server = StringLeft($ServerShareUNC, StringInStr($ServerShareUNC, "\", 0, 3) - 1) $Share = StringTrimLeft($ServerShareUNC, StringInStr($ServerShareUNC, "\", 0, 3) - 1) GUICtrlSetData($lServer, $Server) GUICtrlSetData($lShare, $Share) GUICtrlSetData($lPath, $fPath) GUICtrlSetData($lFile, $FN) GUICtrlSetState($doit, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($InputFileNew, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf If $NewFile <> GUICtrlRead($InputFileNew) Then $NewFile = GUICtrlRead($InputFileNew) If $NewFile <> $DragDropNewFile Then If StringInStr($NewFile, $DragDropNewFile) Then $NewFile = StringReplace($NewFile, $DragDropNewFile, "") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileNew, $NewFile) EndIf $FNnew = StringTrimLeft($NewFile, StringInStr($NewFile, "\", 0, -1)) If $FN = $FNnew Then If $FNmatch = False Then $FNmatch = True GUICtrlSetData($doit, "Search for open file handles, close them, overwrite old file.") EndIf Else If $FNmatch Then $FNmatch = False GUICtrlSetData($doit, "Search for open file handles and close them.") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileNew,$DragDropNewFile) EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $exit, $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($myGui) Exit Case $doit AbArbeiten($Server, $Share, $fPath, $FN) EndSwitch WEnd Func AbArbeiten($_Srv, $_Shr, $_fPth, $_fNme) Local $iID = 0 Local $iRights = 1 Local $iLckCount = 2 Local $iFPFN = 3 Local $iUser = 4 ConsoleWrite($_fPth & $_fNme & @CRLF) Local $aFile = _Net_Share_FileEnum($_Srv) If IsArray($aFile) Then ; _ArrayDisplay($aFile) Local $x $ToolTxt = "Open Handles:" $ToolTitle = $aFile[0][0] & " handles still waiting to be checkt..." UpdateToolTip() AdlibRegister(UpdateToolTip, 1000) For $x = $aFile[0][0] To 1 Step -1 $ToolTitle = $x & " handles waiting to be checked..." If Not StringInStr($aFile[$x][$iFPFN], $_fPth & $_fNme) Then ; ConsoleWrite("Nix Enthalten in: " & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & @CRLF) _ArrayDelete($aFile, $x) Else $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & ", User = " & $aFile[$x][$iUser] ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToolTxt = ' & $ToolTxt & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console EndIf Next $aFile[0][0] = UBound($aFile) - 1 _ArraySort($aFile, 0, 1, 0, $iUser) ; _ArrayDisplay($aFile, $aFile[0][0] & " FileLocks found.") If $aFile[0][0] = 0 Then $ToolTitle = "Done. No open handles coud be found." $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & "Nothing to be closed!" Sleep(2000) $ToolTxt = "" Else $ToolTitle = $aFile[0][0] & " Handles found to be closed..." $CloseErr = 0 For $x = 1 To $aFile[0][0] If _Net_Share_FileClose($Server, $aFile[$x][$iID]) Then $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & @TAB & "Handle closed: " & $aFile[$x][$iID] Else $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & "ERROR: Handle Close Failed! --> " & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & ", User = " & $aFile[$x][$iUser] $CloseErr += 1 EndIf Next ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $CloseErr = ' & $CloseErr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console If $CloseErr = 0 Then $ToolTitle = "Alle open handles were closed successfully." If FileExists($NewFile) Then If FileCopy($NewFile, $input, 1 + 8) Then $ToolTitle = "File could be replaced." $ToolTxt = "done" Else $ToolTitle = "File could *NOT* be replaced" $ToolTxt = "Most propably a newly open file handle was created while this script was running." & @CRLF & _ "Just start over again." EndIf EndIf Else $ToolTitle = $CloseErr & " handles could *NOT* be closed!" Sleep(2000) EndIf Sleep(1000) $ToolTxt = "" $ToolTitle = "" EndIf Else MsgBox(0, "not an array", $aFile & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended) EndIf EndFunc ;==>AbArbeiten Func UpdateToolTip() ToolTip($ToolTxt, MouseGetPos(0) + 20, MouseGetPos(1) + 20, $ToolTitle) ; ConsoleWrite( $ToolTxt & @CRLF & $ToolTitle & @CRLF & "-------------------" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>UpdateToolTip Rudi.
    • By HansHenrik
      ----------
      edit: this is probably in the wrong place, can a moderator move it to wherever it belongs?
      ----------

is there any way to completely disable TCPTimeout and make TCPRecv() wait indefinitely? maybe setting it to 0 or -1 or something? 
      the docs doesn't seem to mention any way to disable it

- the underlying C code would set SO_RCVTIMEO to 0 , aka

DWORD timeout=0;
      setsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO, &timeout, sizeof(timeout));