VIP

Network Adapter Info

16 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Network Adapter Info use WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

Screen_Shot.png

Features: 

• Show information network card.
  • Easily copy information, for copy just click on the line want to copy.
  • Notifications connection, connection loss.
  • Supports exporting information to file (CSV/INI format).

Run: 

Export to file INI format:   NetStatus.exe "PathFile.INI"   

Export to file CSV format:  NetStatus.exe "PathFile.CSV" CSV
Export to file CSV format:  NetStatus.exe "PathFile.CSV" /CSV
Export to file CSV format:  NetStatus.exe "PathFile.CSV" --CSV

Binary and Source: 

Edited by VIP
fix bugs and add features

Regards,

That's quite a nicely written piece of code. Good job! :)

1 person likes this

Thanks for this worthwhile utility script.  I was able to get the result I expected on the first PC I tested (shown below).

However, on a second PC that had its network adapter disabled by the control panel settings, the script got an "incorrect number of subscripts" error.  I inserted an _ArrayDisplay() statement.  The array shows only one row with 0 and 5 in the columns. 

Can your utility be made to show all adapters in the PC, even those that are disabled?

Thanks for any help you can give.

5716f50a50190_ArrayContents.PNG.0646a628

1 person likes this

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

On 20/4/2016 at 10:21 AM, qwert said:

Thanks for this worthwhile utility script.  I was able to get the result I expected on the first PC I tested (shown below).

However, on a second PC that had its network adapter disabled by the control panel settings, the script got an "incorrect number of subscripts" error.  I inserted an _ArrayDisplay() statement.  The array shows only one row with 0 and 5 in the columns. 

Can your utility be made to show all adapters in the PC, even those that are disabled?

Thanks for any help you can give.

5716f50a50190_ArrayContents.PNG.0646a628

Show all adapters in the PC (no incude special Adapters) , 
but if Adapter disabled then only get a name 
can't get more info !

Edited by VIP

Regards,

try this:

#include <array.au3>

$iPid = run("powershell get-netadapter -IncludeHidden -verbose" , "" , @SW_HIDE , $stdout_child)

$sOutput = ""

While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd

ProcessClose($iPID)

$aOut = stringsplit($sOutput , @LF , 2)

_ArrayDisplay($aOut)

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

10 minutes ago, iamtheky said:

try this:

#include <array.au3>

$iPid = run("powershell get-netadapter -IncludeHidden -verbose" , "" , @SW_HIDE , $stdout_child)

$sOutput = ""

While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd

ProcessClose($iPID)

$aOut = stringsplit($sOutput , @LF , 2)

_ArrayDisplay($aOut)

Only get MacAddress, not have IP info. And can't run if not install/have PowerShell

Regards,

20 minutes ago, VIP said:

And can't run if not install/have PowerShell

What Version of Windows are you using that doesn't come with PS by default?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

On 20/4/2016 at 11:49 PM, BrewManNH said:

What Version of Windows are you using that doesn't come with PS by default?

Windows XP and Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (Lite version - very popular) not have PS by default

And Get-NetAdapter Applies To: Windows 8.1, Windows PowerShell 4.0, Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher

Edited by VIP

Regards,

I just moved to win10. lots of good fun in powershell 5.0

so how can I get Network Adapters information via PS? 
"powershell get-netadapter" command on only  get the Name and MAC address, without IP information.

Regards,

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

get-netipaddress

Though, that will be the return of adapters that are not disabled.

Edited by iamtheky

Thanks for the update.  I now have 11 devices identified on one of my PCs.  Here's a sampling:

WAN Miniport (SSTP)
WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
:
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
:
Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection

But only two of them have any information listed for them.  Should it be finding 11 Network Adapters?  Can it be made to find only the 2 or 3 actual hardware devices?

Download the new version and enjoy!

Regards,

Nice app :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Update new version! 
Code optimized and fast and faster.
enjoy!

P/S: I do not know how to delete old screenshot!

Regards,

@VIP: Thanks for this latest update.  I've tested it on two PCs running Win7 Pro and it fetches the information accurately.

Very good work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      Anyone know how to access the information circled in the photo?

• dascondor
      By dascondor
      So I having issues with this GUI/Listview. My main GUI works like it needs to but the ListView GUIs don't. The exit buttons do not work on them and om have a hard time getting them to work. And I'm trying to make the  listview GUI resizeable. But I'm not sure how to fix either of these issues any thoughts.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <ListviewConstants.au3> #include 'MultiPing.au3' Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) #Region ;Declares ; Reads text file for the base list of IP's Global $aBase_IPlist = _FileReadToArray_mod(".\IP_List.txt") Global $replace2 = "Second" Global $replace3 = "Thrid" ;Global $userdata1 = GUICtrlRead($data1) ;Global $userdata2 = GUICtrlRead($data2) Global $savefolder = "C:\Users\" Global $paths = "\Desktop\PingChecks" Global $1stpaths = "\~~~Store" Global $2ndpaths = "~~~" Global $results = FileExists($savefolder & @UserName & $paths) ;Global $foldercheck = FileExists($savefolder & @UserName & $paths & $1stpaths & $userdata1 & $userdata2 & $2ndpaths) ;Global $savefile = "C:\Users\" & @UserName & "\Desktop\PingChecks\~~~Store" & $userdata1 & $userdata2 & "~~~\" #EndRegion ;Declares #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $IPMonkey = GUICreate("IP Monkey", 573, 254, -1, -1) GUISetIcon("C:\Users\Dlex\Pictures\monkeyicon.ico", -1) GUISetFont(16, 800, 0, "Arial") GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "SpecialEvents") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "SpecialEvents") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE, "SpecialEvents") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "SpecialEvents") $data1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 184, 120, 89, 32, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_CENTER)) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) $data2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("23", 280, 120, 89, 32, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_CENTER)) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) $GOButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("GO", 80, 192, 75, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Runs A Live Continuous Ping" & @CRLF & _ "Until Told Other Wise") GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "GOButtonClick") $quickscan = GUICtrlCreateButton("Quick Scan", 224, 192, 107, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Arial") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFF00) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "quickscanClick") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Quickly Scans, Then Saves" & @CRLF & _ "Results In Your 'PingChecks' " & @CRLF & _ "Folder Under Your Store Number Folder") Global $exitbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 416, 192, 75, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Arial") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "What Do You Think This Button Does?") GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "exitbuttonClick") $titlebar = GUICtrlCreateLabel("IP Monkey", 16, 120, 107, 28) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\Dlex\Pictures\monkeyicon-0.jpg", 16, 16, 100, 100) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Pic1Click") $infobutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("?", 536, 8, 27, 25) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF8000) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Unsure what to do?" & @CRLF & _ "This will get give you " & @CRLF & _ "the help for IP Monkey") GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "infobuttonClick") $Whatstorelabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("What Store?", 208, 56, 130, 28) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### #Region ;ping gui ; ------ pinger GUI ------------------- Global $StopPing = 0 Local $Win_X = 1200, $Win_Y = 880 ; dimension of window Global $PingGui = GUICreate("IP Monkey", $Win_X, $Win_Y, -1, -1) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "SpecialEvents") Global $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, $Win_X - 20, $Win_Y - 40) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8) $button1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Hit Exit To Quit", 10, $Win_Y - 25, $Win_X - 20, 20, -1,$ES_CENTER) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "exit") GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, 'SpecialEvents') GUICtrlSetStyle($listview, $LVS_ICON) ; + $LVS_NOLABELWRAP) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) ; hidden at startup ; --------- end of pinger gui ------------- #EndRegion ;ping gui ; Generate colored square images $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(30, 30) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0xFFFF00, 30, 30)) ; yellow _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0xFF0000, 30, 30)) ; red _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0x00FF00, 30, 30)) ; green _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 0) While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func exitbuttonClick() MsgBox(0,'0','0') Exit EndFunc ;==>exitbuttonClick Func GOButtonClick() $userdata1 = GUICtrlRead($data1) $userdata2 = GUICtrlRead($data2) ; pass the wanted new octet replace_And_Go($userdata1, $userdata2) ; generate a list of new IP and Go EndFunc ;==>GOButtonClick Func infobuttonClick() EndFunc ;==>infobuttonClick Func Pic1Click() EndFunc ;==>Pic1Click Func quickscanClick() $userdata1 = GUICtrlRead($data1) $userdata2 = GUICtrlRead($data2) replace_And_Go2($userdata1, $userdata2) EndFunc ;==>quickscanClick Func SpecialEvents() Select Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _button1() Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE EndSelect EndFunc ;==>SpecialEvents #Region ; Main_GO/Replace_and_GO #cs ############################## second script ############################################# ; this is to ping continuously a list of IP addresses, get and display ping result "live" ; it simulates the dos "ping -t" command but performed simultaneously on many IP ; presenting the results in a ListView highlighting not responding devices with a red box #ce Func replace_And_Go($s_2, $s_3) ; Create a new array wit a new list of IP according to passed second and third octet Local $aNew_IPlist = $aBase_IPlist For $i = 0 To UBound($aNew_IPlist) - 1 $aNew_IPlist[$i][1] = StringReplace(StringReplace($aBase_IPlist[$i][1], $replace2, $s_2), $replace3, $s_3) Next GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $IPMonkey) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $PingGui) ; pass the new list to the pinger Main_GO($aNew_IPlist) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $PingGui) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $IPMonkey) EndFunc ;==>replace_And_Go Func Main_GO($IPlist) HotKeySet("{esc}", "exitbuttonClick") $StopPing = 0 ; $IPlist = _FileReadToArray_mod(".\IP_List.txt") ; Reads text file for list of IP's ; ; the above command, it loads in the $IPlist array the values contained in the file IP_List.txt ; values in the file should be separated by a semicolon, something like in the following example: ; ; hostname1;192.168.0.1 ; hostname2;192.168.0.5 ; hostnameX;10.59.7.200 ; etc.... ; ; if values in the file are not separated by a semicolon, but another char is used, for example a comma, ; then just pass it as second parameter of the function: $IPlist = _FileReadToArray_mod(".\IP_List.txt", ",") ; _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($listview) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($listview) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($listview, $IPlist) ; fill ListView _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($listview) While Not $StopPing ; 1 ; continuously ping addresses of the previously loaded file (IP_List.txt) Sleep(10) ; ; $IPlist is the array loaded with all the IP to be pinged (a 2d array in this case) ; | ; | 1 means the IP are in the second column of the $IPlist array (first colun is nr. 0) ; | | ; | | +--> 0 means return back an array loaded with results from all pinged addresses (responding and not responding) ; | | | if you use 1 then only responding addresses are loaded in the returned array [default] ; | | | if you use 2 then only NOT responding addresses are loaded in the returned array ; | | | In this case we do not need an array to be returned, we only need to perform all pings and pass results ; | | | directly (on the fly) to the "_refresh" callback function that will refresh the listview ; | | | ; | | | 0 means NO lookup name resolution must be performed ; | | | | ; | | | | +--> this is the callback function to be called for each pinged address each time the ping has finished ; | | | | | (see the MultiPing.au3 file for info on all passed params) ; | | | | | 6 parameters are passed to this function, but only 2 are used by the called function in this case: ; | | | | | [4] roundtrip of the responding ping or -1 if IP is down ; | | | | | [5] Index (position) of this IP within the caller's passed array ; | | | | | ; v v v v v _nPing($IPlist, 1, 0, 0, "_refresh") WEnd EndFunc ;==>Main_GO #EndRegion ; Main_GO/Replace_and_GO #Region ; QuickScan/Replace_and_GO2 Func replace_And_Go2($s_2, $s_3) ; Create a new array wit a new list of IP according to passed second and third octet Local $aNew_IPlist = $aBase_IPlist For $i = 0 To UBound($aNew_IPlist) - 1 $aNew_IPlist[$i][1] = StringReplace(StringReplace($aBase_IPlist[$i][1], $replace2, $s_2), $replace3, $s_3) Next GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $IPMonkey) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $PingGui) ; pass the new list to the pinger QuickRun($aNew_IPlist) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $PingGui) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $IPMonkey) EndFunc ;==>replace_And_Go2 Func QuickRun($IPlist) $userdata1 = GUICtrlRead($data1) $userdata2 = GUICtrlRead($data2) HotKeySet("{esc}", "_button1") Local $Win_X = 1200, $Win_Y = 880 ; dimension of window $PingGui = GUICreate("IP Monkey" & "~~~" & @UserName & "~~~" & "Store" & $userdata1 & $userdata2 & "~~~" & @MON & "." & @MDAY & "." & @YEAR & "~~~" & @HOUR & "." & @MIN, $Win_X, $Win_Y, -1, -1) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_button1", $PingGui) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, $Win_X - 20, $Win_Y - 40) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8) GUICtrlSetStyle($listview, $LVS_ICON) ; + $LVS_NOLABELWRAP) ; Generate colored square images $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(30, 30) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0xFFFF00, 30, 30)) ; yellow _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0xFF0000, 30, 30)) ; red _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($listview, 0x00FF00, 30, 30)) ; green _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 0) $button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 10, $Win_Y - 25, $Win_X - 20, 20) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "End of program") GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "exitbuttonClick") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;~ $IPlist = _FileReadToArray_mod(".\IP_List.txt") ; Reads text file for list of IP's _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($listview) _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($listview, $IPlist) ; fill ListView _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($listview) ;While 1 ; perform Pings and update ListView by the "_refresh" callback function $aFinalResult = _nPing($IPlist, 1, 0, 0, "_refresh") ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aFinalResult) ;DirCheck() EndFunc ;==>QuickRun #EndRegion ; QuickScan/Replace_and_GO2 #Region ; Misc Funcs (network) Func _refresh($Params) ; this receive ping results and displays them in the ListView _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, $Params[5], 0) ; set colour to Yellow Sleep(50) ; a little wait If $Params[4] = -1 Then ; Device not responding to ping _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, $Params[5], 1) ; set colour to RED _GUICtrlListView_EnsureVisible($listview, $Params[5]) ; Position view to this item Else ; Device responds to ping _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, $Params[5], 2) ; set colour to GREEN EndIf EndFunc ;==>_refresh Func _button1() ; Button 1 clicked ;~ $StopPing = 1 Exit EndFunc ;==>_button1 #EndRegion ; Misc Funcs (network)  
      MultiPing.au3
      IP_List.txt
    • ur
      By ur
      Whenever we try to access a network share it will prompt for credentials based on the shared folder settings.
      Like the below prompt

Once you save them, they are saved in Windows Credentials of Credentials Manager in Control panel (run --> control keymgr.dll).

But not able to found exact file or registry for this setting.

So, can anyone suggest how to do this process of adding network credentials using AutoIT.

• ur
      By ur
      How to enable file sharing for all public,private,work,home networks.
      I mean programatically using AutoIT.
    • ur
      By ur
      When I run a program in remote vm virtualbix machine windows 7 64 bit with psexec from my current machine.   It is working fine in system context. C:\Users\kirud01>"C:\Software\application packaging\PsTools\PsExec.exe" -s -i -d "\\erwin-pc" -c -f "C:\Build\delete.exe"   But when I run the same in user context i.e., without -s parameter. The screen is getting freezed in the remote machine. Could you please help me on this. If possible any alternatives for PSEXEC in AutoIT code itself.