nbg15

tesseract doesnt detect the easiest image *image to text*

Hello everybody..

i have this picture here *attached* and this script here: GDIPlus_Image2.jpg

$ImageToReadPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image2.jpg"
$ResultTextPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Result"
$OutPutPath = $ResultTextPath & ".txt"
$TesseractExePath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Tesseract.exe"

ShellExecuteWait($TesseractExePath, '"' & $ImageToReadPath & '" "' & $ResultTextPath & '"', "", "", @SW_HIDE)

If @error Then
    Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", @error)
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "Result", FileRead($OutPutPath))

FileDelete($OutPutPath)

but tesseract doesnt recognized the correct word... and gives me trash back...

this is the image >> GDIPlus_Image2.jpg

and the result was >> "samm:lmao:

the image was an normal jpg and generated with this code here:

_ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image2.jpg", 712,268,853,284)

Could anybody give me a hint what i can do better to get this easy image to text?

thank u very much!!!

Edit: i also tried to capture the screen as bmp with a higher resolution... nothing changed... 

_ScreenCapture_SetBMPFormat(4)
    _ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir & "\GDIPlus_Image.bmp", 712,279,853,295)

Edited by nbg15

You can open the image in Paint, double the width and height, save the image and try again.

It's a small image, and there is a risk that there simply are too few pixels to recognize the characters. It usually helps to make the image larger.

Hi nbg15,

You should be able to resize your image with this script:

#include <GDIPlus.au3>

; init
_GDIPlus_Startup()

; get file
$sFile = FileOpenDialog("Select an image (non JPG)", "", "Images (*.bmp;*.png;*.gif;*.tif)")
$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sFile)

; size
$width = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
$height = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)

; resize image 200%
$hBitmap_Scaled = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage, $width * 2, $height * 2)
; save file
_GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hBitmap_Scaled, @ScriptDir & "\resized.png")

; clean up
_GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)
_GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_Scaled)

; done
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By amosrinat
      Hi,
      i have an AutoIT script that sends emails with two embedded images.
      When users get the email they don't see the images. How should I fix my code?
      Thank you for your support,
      Amos
      Func fSendMail() $TemplateName = StringRegExpReplace($Template, "^.*\\|\..*$", "") $SmtpServer = "smtp.**.com" $FromName = "do-not-reply@*********" $FromAddress = "do-not-reply@******" $ToAddress = $MG1_Mgr & ";"& $Owner $Subject = "ACTION REQUIRED - " & $TemplateName $Body = $sBody5 $IPPort = 25 $ssl = 0 Global $oMyRet[2] Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") $rc = fINetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $IPPort, $ssl) If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf EndFunc;fSendMail Func fINetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0) Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 Local $i_Error_desciption = "" $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update $objEmail.Fields.Update ;$objEmail.Send **************** If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf $objEmail = "" EndFunc;fINetSmtpMailCom  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello evrybody
      here is an example about how to split your texts using a delimiter with the ability to select how much of delimiters shows in each colum  with $i_number
      e.g
      you have a long text and you want to split it in an array
      that evry colum have a number (n) of lines
      i made a function that do that for you
      just call it with a three params
      $s_text
      your text
      $i_number
      the number that you want to put in each col
      $s_siparator
      the siparator
      default is "|"
      here is the function with example
      i hope that it will be useful for you

#include <Array.au3> $s_txt = "some text1some text2|some text3|some text4|some text5|some text6" $array = splitText($s_txt, 2) _ArrayDisplay($array) Func splitText($s_text, $i_number, $s_siparator = "|") Local $a_TXT = StringSplit($s_text, $s_siparator) Local $a_Return[$a_TXT[0] + 1] If ($a_TXT[0] <= $i_number) Or ($i_number <= 0) Then ReDim $a_Return[2] $a_Return[0] = 1 $a_Return[1] = $s_text Return $a_Return EndIf Local $i_Processed = 1, $i_arrayProcessed = 1 Do For $i = $i_Processed To ($i_Processed + $i_number) - 1 If ($a_TXT[0] < $i) Then ExitLoop If Not ($a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed]) Then $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] = $a_TXT[$i] Else $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] &= $s_siparator & $a_TXT[$i] EndIf $i_Processed += 1 Next $i_arrayProcessed += 1 Until ($a_TXT[0] < $i_Processed) ReDim $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] $a_Return[0] = $i_arrayProcessed - 1 Return $a_Return EndFunc ;==>splitText
      accept my greetings
      thanks to
      @Dan_555
      for his notes

• By coronatuss
      Hello everyone,
      Im developing an script to check the size of all .jpg stored in windows folder.
      The problem is that it doesn´t work properly with rotated images. 
      With _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth() and _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()  I get the Width and Height of images as if they had not been rotated, and I need to know how they are rotated (orientation and grades).
      Any help is welcome! If more info is needed, please tell. 😁
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please i've a question for you.
      am creating a audio player
      and in this audio player i want to show the current trac info
      such as the total time and the position ... etc
      i know i can show it as label
      but the screen reader for the blind read the text every change
      because it have a screen scan
      what i want is to show this informations but such image or icon
      i mean i need to create
      GUICtrlCreatepic or GUICtrlCreateicon ....
      or some thing as that
      and show this informations as image on it
      i think that i can do that with the 
      _GDIPlus functions
      but i couldn't find the currect way to do it
      i tried the _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString
      but i couldn't know how it work
      what i need is a small example that create a GUI
      and add a multy line text to it as graphic or image.
      so i need a simple way because it will changed every sec
      i hope any one can help me to do that
      global $GUI = GUICreate("text", 400, 400) global $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel(GetText(), 10, 10, 380, 380) GUISetState() do sleep(100) until GUIGetMSG() = -3 exit func GetText() return StringFormat("file name is test.mp3 \r\n total time is 00:30:00 \r\n position is 00:05:50") endFunc