killertone

ControlSend Messing up the string

3 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I have been trying to get send to this textarea on a website a message through ControlSend because _IEFormElementSetValue doesnt work on it, so i get the hwnd of the IE window then do the ControlSend to the window, and the message it sends doesnt type some of the letters.

The textarea

<textarea style="overflow:hidden;height:undefinedpx;" class="form-control input-sm" placeholder="Add a comment" rows="1" data-reactid=".0.3.2.1.2.0.$view.8.1.0.0.1"></textarea>

How im getting the textarea:

$comment_area = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE,"textarea")
            for $element in $comment_area
                if $element.placeholder = "Add a comment" Then
                    _IEAction($element,"focus")
                    Sleep(1500)
                    ;_IEFormElementSetValue($element,$comment_list[$random_index])
                    ;_IEFormSubmit($element)
                    ControlSend($hIE,"","[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]",$comment_list[$random_index],1)
                    ;Send("{ENTER}")
                    Sleep(3000) ;Hacer que sea random
                EndIf
            Next

When i use _IEFormElementSetValue  it changes the text on the box, but it doesn't change the value or something because when i send an Enter key it doesn't submit the message (I Also tried _IEFormSubmit)

With ControlSend it does send it but corrupted, for example: Message: Pretty nice Result: ety nice

Also i know the element is the actual one im referring because if i use _IEAction($element,"focus") it focuses the one i want.

Any help appreciated!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Did you use  $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")   before the   ControlSend($hIE, ...)   ?

Edit
did you try _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text")  ?

Edited by mikell
1 person likes this

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, mikell said:

Did you use  $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")   before the   ControlSend($hIE, ...)   ?

Edit
did you try _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text")  ?

Yes the hwnd was taken before, just not on the picture.

Let me try the innertext thing.

Edit: Thanks!    _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text") did the job!

Edited by killertone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      Scite comes up occasional, almost incidentally, in some support topics.  I have not found a "Scite" topic in the forums, so this is where I will start.  I have recently been using Scite intensively, specifically with a large project and I have certain issues.  I know that Scite is not an AutoIt product, but it is so closely integrated to the core release that it makes sense to raise issues and request support here.  If this is not the right please refer me to the right forum.
      Thx

Skysnake
    • P3rsp3ctiv3
      By P3rsp3ctiv3
      Hello how can I send a {Enter} into the edit window ($cmd)? I tried it first with:
      GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 1" + "{ENTER}")
      but it doesn´t work. Can someone help me please?
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> $Admin = GUICreate("Admin", 234, 168, 192, 229, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, BitOR($WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE)) GUISetBkColor(0xB4B4B4) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 160, 136, 65, 25) $cmd = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",0, 0, 225, 137, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Candara") GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xE3E3E3) $cmd_clear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear", 9, 136, 65, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) HotKeySet("{f1}", CMD_1) HotKeySet("{f2}", CMD_2) While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg(1) Switch $msg[0] Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $exit GUIDelete($Admin) Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func CMD_1(); GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 1" & "{ENTER}") GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 2" & "{ENTER}") EndFunc Func CMD_2(); GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 3" & "{ENTER}") GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 4" & "{ENTER}") EndFunc
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello
      please i need to link a progress bar with a time can you help me?
      e.g
      i want to set a progress bar for 10 sec
      am waiting for your answers
      thank you.
    • AdminC
      By AdminC
      #RequireAdmin
      #include <SendMessage.au3>
      #include <WinAPI.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GDIPlus.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <WinAPIDiag.au3>
      $Imglocation = @ScriptDir&"\Image\testimg.bmp"
      _GDIPlus_Startup()
      Local $Bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($Imglocation)
      Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($Bitmap)
      Local $imgSize = _WinAPI_GetBitmapDimension($hBitmap)
      Local $imgBits = DllStructCreate('dword[' & ($imgSize.X * $imgSize.Y) & ']')
      _WinAPI_GetBitmapBits($hBitmap, DllStructGetSize($imgBits), DllStructGetPtr($imgBits))
      _WinAPI_DisplayStruct($imgBits)
      MsgBox(0, "", DllStructGetData($imgBits, 1, 1)) 
      _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
      DllstructGetData can't get data color B, G, R value. Who's know that? teach me plz

• nassausky
      By nassausky
      Hi all,

Anyone have any idea how to close all open tabs except a specific one I manually open.  Assuming I don't know what is open in all the tabs except just the one I want to keep open.

I didn't want to use sendkeys and I was trying to use the following code to list the title (or url) of the 3 open tabs and  after I got that part working I would just close the other 2. This sample only displays the title of the first open tab
      #include <IE.au3> Const $ie_new_in_tab = 0x0800 $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com") __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.google.com/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) Local $aIE[1] $aIE[0] = 0 Local $i = 1, $oIE While 1     $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", $i)     If @error = $_IEStatus_NoMatch Then ExitLoop     ConsoleWrite(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") & @CRLF)     ReDim $aIE[$i + 1]     $aIE[$i] = $oIE ;each item holds object     $aIE[0] = $i ;first item holds count     $i += 1 WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Browsers Found", "Number of browser instances in the array: " & $aIE[0]) ; This doesn't return the list of tabs in the console just the first tab  
      Thanks for any and all help