killertone

ControlSend Messing up the string

killertone

Greetings!

I have been trying to get send to this textarea on a website a message through ControlSend because _IEFormElementSetValue doesnt work on it, so i get the hwnd of the IE window then do the ControlSend to the window, and the message it sends doesnt type some of the letters.

The textarea

<textarea style="overflow:hidden;height:undefinedpx;" class="form-control input-sm" placeholder="Add a comment" rows="1" data-reactid=".0.3.2.1.2.0.$view.8.1.0.0.1"></textarea>

How im getting the textarea:

$comment_area = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE,"textarea")
            for $element in $comment_area
                if $element.placeholder = "Add a comment" Then
                    _IEAction($element,"focus")
                    Sleep(1500)
                    ;_IEFormElementSetValue($element,$comment_list[$random_index])
                    ;_IEFormSubmit($element)
                    ControlSend($hIE,"","[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]",$comment_list[$random_index],1)
                    ;Send("{ENTER}")
                    Sleep(3000) ;Hacer que sea random
                EndIf
            Next

When i use _IEFormElementSetValue  it changes the text on the box, but it doesn't change the value or something because when i send an Enter key it doesn't submit the message (I Also tried _IEFormSubmit)

With ControlSend it does send it but corrupted, for example: Message: Pretty nice Result: ety nice

Also i know the element is the actual one im referring because if i use _IEAction($element,"focus") it focuses the one i want.

Any help appreciated!

mikell

Did you use  $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")   before the   ControlSend($hIE, ...)   ?

Edit
did you try _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text")  ?

Edited by mikell
  • Like 1

killertone
56 minutes ago, mikell said:

Did you use  $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")   before the   ControlSend($hIE, ...)   ?

Edit
did you try _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text")  ?

Yes the hwnd was taken before, just not on the picture.

Let me try the innertext thing.

Edit: Thanks!    _IEPropertySet($element, "innertext", "your_text") did the job!

Edited by killertone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I was wondering how I read data inside of a iframe. I would like to be able to click something inside a iframe. However, I can't even find the tag. 
      The id and name change all the time so I can't use those. 
      The code highlighted in blue is what I am trying to click. (second picture)
      Here is what I have tried.
      $target = "" $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("div") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "s_92 altstyle s_93 s_94" Then $target = $tag ConsoleWrite("Tag Found " & $target.outerText&@CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf Next  

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance

WinActivate("MEDITECH - Internet Explorer") Sleep (500) $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH") $oDiv1 = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "sysmenu-searchbarbutton") _IEAction($oDiv1, "click") I am just trying to click the little magnifying glass, next to the gear button with no luck. I was hoping someone might have an idea why this is not working?

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to type a name in patient summary search box. How should I go about doing this. I am clearly not doing it right. (Attached Picture of HTML code.)
      This is what I have tried. I assume this is not working because it is not a form? 
      WinActivate("MEDITECH - Internet Explorer")       Sleep (500)    $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH")    $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "systemMenu")    $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sysmenu-searchbarinput") _IEFormElementSetValue($oText, "Hey! This works!")
    • DynamicRookie
      By DynamicRookie
      Hey there!

Is there a way to detect movement only for 1 specific window?

HWnd is not really working, it still detects movement in all the windows within the region

This is my script:

;Checksum actual HotKeySet("{f2}", 'exit_') MsgBox(0, '', '0') Beep(500, 2000) $Hwnd = WinActive('') while 1 $Checksum = PixelChecksum(211, 650, 1094, 914, 1, $Hwnd) If PixelChecksum(211, 650, 1094, 914, 1, $Hwnd) <> $Checksum Then For $i = 1 To 100 Beep(1000, 50) Next MsgBox(0, '', 'New message!', 1) EndIf WEnd Func exit_() Beep(500, 1000) Exit 0 EndFunc I just want to check whenever a message comes because the app i use doesn't give notifications properly.

Any help is really appreciated!
    • PramodR
      By PramodR
      Can you please see whats wrong im doing in the below code? i can read few registry entry but not all for eg, i am able to get value of "Shell" Key from the registry path  but not AutoAdminLogon which has the value of "1", is there any change i have to do to read numeric values?
       Global  $shello = RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","Shell" )
       ConsoleWrite("This is Hello"& $shello)
      above command returns proper value , but same command with AutoAdminLogon returns null as shown in below ? infact registry has the value of 1.
       Global  $shello = RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","AutoAdminLogon" )
       ConsoleWrite("This is Hello"& $shello)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.