PELock

Legal AutoIt

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm asking here because I can't get an answer at the official contact mail.

Is it legal to name software products using "AutoIt" word in it. I saw some 3rd party tools with "AutoIt" word that's why I'm asking.

So is it legal to name something e.g.:

"AutoIt Extractor"

"AutoIt Editor"

etc.

?

Can you say something more? Is there any official document about it?

I want to name one of my products like this and I don't want to end up with a lawsuit :) thats's all.

It would be an utility for AutoIt static source code analysis.

For what purpose? In my experience, static code analysis is generally used for breaking down code to search for vulnerabilities, such as what a WhiteHat would do to find vulnerabilities in a piece of commercial software. 

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead - it's only difficult for those that know you. It's the same way when you're stupid...

My Scripts: SCCM UDFInclude Source with Compiled Script, Windows Firewall UDF

I can't really say right now. Do you have any other information than JohnOne about the issue I was asking about?

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

You need to say, even if it is in PM, to ensure this is something we are going to be willing to support...

I will also point out that you have already been warned against using this site to promote your own payware, so I trust you are intelligent enough not to do so again.

Edited by JLogan3o13

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead - it's only difficult for those that know you. It's the same way when you're stupid...

I don't understand why you're talking to me like this. Why should I tell you anything? Who are you?

Did I say anything about promoting my software here. I have asked about legal issue and you're asking me non relavant questions.

For me it's clear - it's not trademarked, I've checked the TESS database about "AutoIt" entry - nothing there. Thank you @JohnOne for pointing me into the right direction with this.

JLogan3o13 is asking you, because he is a moderator of the forum, and his job is too keep threads that are against forum rules, down.

Your description could be something to do with reverse engineering AutoIt.

No need to be defensive, just be straight.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Nah, don't worry it won't be a decompiler (maybe next time hehe) ;), I don't understand this decompiler paranoia here, why is it so sensitive topic? Decompilers are pretty common for almost every programming technology and by denying their existance - well, you're only fooling yourself.

I have no problem with that. Thank you again for your help.

1 hour ago, PELock said:

I have no problem with that

but you can got some, when breaking Licence terms:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE

This EULA grants you the following rights:

Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, PELock said:

Why should I tell you anything? Who are you?

Nah, don't worry it won't be a decompiler (maybe next time hehe) ;), 

And with that, the thread is locked and you go on Moderation :)

Future posts will need to be approved before they appear on the forum; no patience for this kind of thing.

Edited by JLogan3o13
1 person likes this