PELock

Legal AutoIt

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm asking here because I can't get an answer at the official contact mail.

Is it legal to name software products using "AutoIt" word in it. I saw some 3rd party tools with "AutoIt" word that's why I'm asking.

So is it legal to name something e.g.:

"AutoIt Extractor"

"AutoIt Editor"

etc.

?

Can you say something more? Is there any official document about it?

I want to name one of my products like this and I don't want to end up with a lawsuit :) thats's all.

It would be an utility for AutoIt static source code analysis.

For what purpose? In my experience, static code analysis is generally used for breaking down code to search for vulnerabilities, such as what a WhiteHat would do to find vulnerabilities in a piece of commercial software. 

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

I can't really say right now. Do you have any other information than JohnOne about the issue I was asking about?

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

You need to say, even if it is in PM, to ensure this is something we are going to be willing to support...

I will also point out that you have already been warned against using this site to promote your own payware, so I trust you are intelligent enough not to do so again.

Edited by JLogan3o13

I don't understand why you're talking to me like this. Why should I tell you anything? Who are you?

Did I say anything about promoting my software here. I have asked about legal issue and you're asking me non relavant questions.

For me it's clear - it's not trademarked, I've checked the TESS database about "AutoIt" entry - nothing there. Thank you @JohnOne for pointing me into the right direction with this.

JLogan3o13 is asking you, because he is a moderator of the forum, and his job is too keep threads that are against forum rules, down.

Your description could be something to do with reverse engineering AutoIt.

No need to be defensive, just be straight.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Nah, don't worry it won't be a decompiler (maybe next time hehe) ;), I don't understand this decompiler paranoia here, why is it so sensitive topic? Decompilers are pretty common for almost every programming technology and by denying their existance - well, you're only fooling yourself.

I have no problem with that. Thank you again for your help.

1 hour ago, PELock said:

I have no problem with that

but you can got some, when breaking Licence terms:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE

This EULA grants you the following rights:

Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, PELock said:

Why should I tell you anything? Who are you?

Nah, don't worry it won't be a decompiler (maybe next time hehe) ;), 

And with that, the thread is locked and you go on Moderation :)

Future posts will need to be approved before they appear on the forum; no patience for this kind of thing.

Edited by JLogan3o13
1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I want to create a loop which loops a code until for example f2 is pressed.
      So I tried something with _IsPressed but it doesn't work.
      Local $test = WinActivate("Notepad") Do Send("hi") Until _IsPressed("72", $test)  
      I don't know how I can do nothing when pressing f2 because it says "error: _IsPressed(): undefined function.".
      I did put 
      Send("hi") after Local $test = but it gives the same error.
      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 
      Maybe I am wrong and I need to use a whole other Function.. I am new to AutoIT so I am sorry..

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I need a random string generator which creates 15 letters/numbers.
      How can I make that?
    • KB505
      By KB505
      Hello,

I'm starting a script in AutoIT to automize a task in a software. I need to click a several Controls. 
      I'm just starting to learn AutoIT, and discovered that we can use the Window Info tool (au3info) to identify controls precisely and targetting safely a specific button.
      However, when I try it, I realize that most of the controls in my toolbar have the same Control Info (No ID, same class, same instance, ...). The only thing that changes is the ControlClicks Coord but I don't think that it's interesting, I don't see the difference with the Mouse Coordinates. Besides, I was aiming to write a stable script that would work even if the button changes a little bit of place for example. 
      Should I use another tool that Window Info tool to detect this Controls ? Is there another way to identify a Control ? 
      Thank you in advance for your help

• lattey
      By lattey
      I have a system that need to operates at Windows NT environment. So, i am using old version autoit - ver 3.2.12.1, since only old version that compatible with windows NT. But i face some error which i couldn't figure out why it is happen. The error only happen after running the system few times. i suspected it is may due to i am using old version autoit but i am not
      sure about it. 
      Errors that I faced:
       Send command send wrong keys - after few times, autoit will send wrong keys. The autoit will send Start keys. WinActivate("Program Selection") send ("{UP}") ;loop start to delete test prog local $j = 0 Do send ("{DOWN}") Sleep (200) ControlClick("Program Selection", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]") Sleep (500) $j = $j + 1 until $j = 10 The button not appear - after running few times, the button suddenly not appear SplashTextOn("", "successfully Load. ", 300, 120, (@DesktopWidth - 330) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 339) / 2, 0, "", 16) Sleep(10000) SplashOff() GUISetFont(7, 400, "Tahoma") ; will display underlined characters $CmdPrint = GUICtrlCreateButton("PRINT",6,420,295,30,$BS_MULTILINE) there also few error that happens after few times running which doesnt not capture. is this maybe because i am using the old version of autoit? How can i proved all this error happen may not because of my code?
    • TwistedXion
      By TwistedXion
      Ok so I'm making a game in auto it and I need some help with optimizing the code(making it shorter/faster or better ways of doing things) and if you could when you make suggestions please explain why you suggest those changes as I'm very new to autoit and am doing this project just to learn more about the language (first computer language I have ever tried to learn)
      thanks for any help in advance, also you may need to uncomment the #requireAdmin as it does need to make a dir to save a .ini file where all the info about your character.

ps I know it's not much of a game but I have only been working on the code for a few hours and I will be adding a lot more stuff, so this is by no mean finished. 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> ;~ #RequireAdmin Global $nClickButtonCount = 0 Global $pDamage = 0 Global $bDamage = 0 Global $fPath = @AppDataCommonDir & "\Fantom\Path" Global $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") Global $cTName = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Name", "ToonName", "") Global $cUName = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Name", "UserName", "") #Region ### START mm GUI section ### $mm = GUICreate("MainMenu", 238, 199, 337, 189) $tName = GUICtrlCreateInput($cTName, 64, 64, 113, 21) $uName = GUICtrlCreateInput($cUName, 64, 120, 113, 21) GUICtrlCreateLabel("ToonName", 90, 40, 57, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("UserName", 91, 96, 54, 17) $Enter = GUICtrlCreateButton("Enter", 90, 151, 57, 41) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $mm) #EndRegion ### START mm GUI section ### #Region ### START Town GUI section ### $Town = GUICreate("Town", 387, 316, 396, 122) $TGroup1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 0, 0, 385, 313) $TButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Inn", 8, 8, 57, 33) $TButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Wild", 320, 8, 57, 33) $TButton3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Gen store", 8, 48, 57, 33) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Town) #EndRegion ### START Town GUI section ### #Region ### START Wild GUI section ### $Wild = GUICreate("Wild", 387, 316, 396, 122) $WGroup1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 0, 0, 385, 313) $WButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Town", 8, 8, 57, 33) $WButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fight", 320, 8, 57, 33) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Wild) #EndRegion ### START Wild GUI section ### #Region ### START Fight GUI section ### $Fight = GUICreate("Fight", 390, 319, 396, 122) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Your Damage | Eneime Damage | Your HP | Eneime HP", 2, 146, 386, 150) $Progress1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(8, 32, 185, 25) $Progress2 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(200, 32, 185, 25) $YourHP = GUICtrlCreateLabel("YourHP", 8, 8, 41, 17) $EneimeHP = GUICtrlCreateLabel("EneimeHP", 200, 8, 56, 17) $Start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 158, 80, 73, 41) $Attack = GUICtrlCreateButton("Attack", 158, 80, 73, 41) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Fight) #EndRegion ### START Fight GUI section ### #Region ### START Inn GUI section ### $Inn = GUICreate("Inn", 390, 319, 396, 122) $hpdisplay = GUICtrlCreateLabel("You have " & $pGold & " gold", 16, 8, 100, 100) $fullH = GUICtrlCreateButton("Heal", 8, 111, 73, 57) $drink = GUICtrlCreateButton("Drink", 120, 111, 73, 57) $eat = GUICtrlCreateButton("eat", 232, 111, 73, 57) $bttown = GUICtrlCreateButton("town", 8, 250, 73, 57) $fRHP = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Fully Restore HP", 0, 96, 83, 17) $aHPlDam = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Adds more HP" & @LF & "lowers Dammage", 232, 80, 83, 30) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Add more Dammage" & @LF & "Lower HP", 120, 80, 100, 30) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Inn) #EndRegion ### START Inn GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Enter $iniTName = GUICtrlRead($tName) $iniUName = GUICtrlRead($uName) DirCreate($fPath) IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Name", "ToonName", $iniTName) IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Name", "UserName", $iniUName) GUIDelete($mm) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) Case $TButton2 GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Town) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Wild) Case $WButton1 GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Wild) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) Case $WButton2 GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Wild) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Fight) Case $Start GUICtrlDelete($Start) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Start() Case $Attack Dice() Case $TButton1 GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Town) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Inn) Case $bttown GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Inn) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) Case $fullH GUICtrlSetData($Progress1, 100) If $pGold >= 100 Then IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", $pGold - 100) $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") GUICtrlSetData($hpdisplay, "You have " & $pGold & " gold") Else MsgBox(1, "Sorry", "You do not have enough gold for that action", 1) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd Func Start() GUICtrlSetData($Progress1, 100) GUICtrlRead($Progress1) GUICtrlSetData($Progress2, 100) GUICtrlRead($Progress2) EndFunc ;==>Start Func Dice() Global $pDamage = Random(1, 20, 1) Global $bDamage = Random(1, 20, 1) Global $gGold = Random(0, 50, 1) Damage() EndFunc ;==>Dice Func Damage() $cpHP = GUICtrlRead($Progress1) $cbHP = GUICtrlRead($Progress2) $pHP = $cpHP - $bDamage $bHP = $cbHP - $pDamage GUICtrlSetData($Progress1, $pHP) GUICtrlSetData($Progress2, $bHP) GUICtrlRead($Progress1) GUICtrlRead($Progress2) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Your Damage | Eneime Damage | Your HP | Eneime HP", 2, 146, 386, 150) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($pDamage & "|" & $bDamage & "|" & $pHP & "|" & $bHP, $listview) If $pHP <= 0 And $bHP <= 0 Then IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", $pGold + $gGold) GUICtrlDelete($listview) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Fight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) Global $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") MsgBox(1, "Draw", "You Draw..." & @LF & "You get " & $gGold & " gold" & @LF & " you now have " & $pGold) GUICtrlSetData($Progress2, 100) ElseIf $bHP <= 0 Then IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", $pGold + $gGold) GUICtrlDelete($listview) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Fight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) Global $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") MsgBox(1, "Win", "You win..." & @LF & "You get " & $gGold & " gold" & @LF & " you now have " & $pGold) GUICtrlSetData($Progress2, 100) ElseIf $pHP <= 0 Then GUICtrlDelete($listview) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Fight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Town) GUICtrlSetData($Progress2, 100) Global $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") MsgBox(1, "Death", "You died...") $t = MsgBox(4, "Dead", "Would you like to revive") If $t = 6 Then $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") If $pGold < 25 Then GUICtrlSetData($Progress1, 75) Else $pGold = $pGold - 25 GUICtrlSetData($Progress1, 100) Global $pGold = IniRead($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", "1000") IniWrite($fPath & "\" & "InFo", "Item", "Gold", $pGold + $gGold) MsgBox(1, "Revived", "Your new gold amount is " & $pGold) EndIf ElseIf $t = 7 Then Exit EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>Damage