Vivaed

List files in folder, delete all but newest version

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to read all the files in a folder, then whatever file is newest, keep only that one and delete the rest.

Example files:  (these all have version numbers embedded in them, I dont want to rely on the file name)

Faint.exe

Faint-v2.0.exe

Faint-v3.0.exe

Faint-v4.0.exe

What I have so far:

#include <File.au3>

RemoveOldFiles()

ConsoleWrite(FileGetVersion("C:\WB Resources\FAINT_DONT_LINK_THESE\Faint-v4.0.0.exe") &@CRLF)

Func RemoveOldFiles()

Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray("C:\WB Resources\FAINT_DONT_LINK_THESE\", "*.exe",$FLTA_FILES)
    For $i = 0 To UBound($aFileList) - 1
        $aFileVersion = FileGetVersion($aFileList[$i])
        ConsoleWrite($aFileList[$i] & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite($aFileVersion & @CRLF)
    Next
EndFunc

OUTPUT:

>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\bot\ownCloud\WellBeats\Delete Old Files\delete-test.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
a.exe
b.exe
Faint-v4.0.0.exe
4.0.0.18 <-- This is the correct file version....
+>07:34:26 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>07:34:26 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.6647

Not sure what I am missing here?

Thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Once you have your array ( have a look at it with _arrayDisplay)

Arraysort so the highest number is at the end

ArrayExtract nth element (last element)

Sorry just need to read the last element...

Edited by l3ill

43 minutes ago, l3ill said:

Once you have your array ( have a look at it with _arrayDisplay)

Arraysort so the highest number is at the end

ArrayExtract nth element (last element)

Sorry just need to read the last element...

Thanks for the info.

The issue at this point is its not displaying the correct information, it returns 0.0.0.0 for all even if the version is 4.0.0.18

In my example I run the function, then I run the FileGetVersion on just on file and the two outputs are different.

Vivaed,

I suspect you are getting that response because you are not passing the full path to FileGetVersion. Try using the $bReturnPath parameter when running  _FileListToArray so that the returns contain the full path and see if you get the correct version number returned.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Had some time to play, try this:

#include <Array.au3>

Global $aFileListVers[0]
Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray("C:\WB Resources\FAINT_DONT_LINK_THESE\", "*.exe", $FLTA_FILES, True)

For $i = 0 To UBound($aFileList) - 1
    $aFileVersion = FileGetVersion($aFileList[$i], $FV_PRODUCTVERSION)
    _ArrayAdd($aFileListVers, $aFileVersion)
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aFileListVers)
_ArraySort($aFileListVers, 1)
_ArrayDisplay($aFileListVers)
MsgBox(0, "Version", "Highest Version: " & $aFileListVers[0])

I did notice that not all exe's have a version as such that autoit can find it this way.

So check yours first using Context Menu (Right Click) Properties/Details and look at Product Version.

If its empty this will not produce anything.

This one for instance has a File Version but no Product Version so you would have to change the FileGetVersion Parameter

capture_17102016_225727.jpg

Edited by l3ill
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• visler
      Deleting appointment in outlook
      By visler
      Hi all

I been using autoit some years ago and needed a tool for changing various in outlook so i found autoit again and i allready succeed in some of this, but i cant find and delete an appointment.
      I have found this example and the creation is ok (after i changed $oOL/$oOutlook typo)
      Https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/OutlookEX_UDF_-_Meeting_Item
      But i cant get the delete part to work and i keep on getting "not found" and an empty array (screen shoot of _ArrayDisplay attached)
      Please can someone tell me what i am missing, i have been searching and trying various but stil i have no luck in finding any items.

I am using outloook 2013 and office365. I have been able to send mails and create appointment, so i guess my problem is not due to the use off office365.

• queensoft
      Portable device (Android phone) - copy files
      By queensoft
      Connect Android phone > enable USB file transfer > go to My Computer, there's an icon, but no drive letter - this is normal.
      Open phone icon > go to Internal Storage > go to DCIM > copy all files and folders to computer.
      Now, I want a quick AutoIt script / windows batch to do this automatically.
      Get USB path with this - it works OK:
      #include <WinAPICom.au3> Global Const $sCLSID_PortableDeviceManager = "{0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3}" Global Const $sIID_IPortableDeviceManager = "{a1567595-4c2f-4574-a6fa-ecef917b9a40}" Global Const $sTagIPortableDeviceManager = "GetDevices hresult(ptr;dword*); RefreshDeviceList hresult(); " & _ "GetDeviceFriendlyName hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); GetDeviceDescription hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); " & _ "GetDeviceManufacturer hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); GetDeviceManufacturer hresult(wstr;wstr;ptr;dword*dword*); " & _ "GetPrivateDevices hresult(ptr;dword*)" Global Enum $eDevID, $eDevName, $eDevManufacturer, $eDevDescription Local $aPnPDevices = GetPortableDevices() If IsArray($aPnPDevices) Then _ArrayDisplay($aPnPDevices) ;~ Success: Return 0 ;~ Failure: Return 2DArray [n][4] |;[n][0]$eDevID, [n][1]$eDevName, [n][2]$eDevManufacturer,[n][3] $eDevDescription Func GetPortableDevices() Local $aDevicesInfo[0][0] ;[n][0]$eDevID, [n][1]$eDevName, [n][2]$eDevManufacturer,[n][3] $eDevDescription Local $oPortableDeviceManager = 0 Local $SizeofArray = 0 Local $hr = 0x80004005 ;E_Fail Just to Initialized <0 Local $taPnPDeviceIDs = 0 Local $tName = 0 $oPortableDeviceManager = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_PortableDeviceManager, $sIID_IPortableDeviceManager, $sTagIPortableDeviceManager) If Not IsObj($oPortableDeviceManager) Then Return 0 If FAILED($oPortableDeviceManager.GetDevices(Null, $SizeofArray)) Then Return 0 If $SizeofArray < 1 Then Return 0 $taPnPDeviceIDs = DllStructCreate("ptr[" & $SizeofArray & "]") If FAILED($oPortableDeviceManager.GetDevices(DllStructGetPtr($taPnPDeviceIDs), $SizeofArray)) Then Return 0 ReDim $aDevicesInfo[$SizeofArray][4] For $i = 0 To $SizeofArray - 1 $tName = DllStructCreate("wchar[512]", DllStructGetData($taPnPDeviceIDs, 1, $i + 1)) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID] = DllStructGetData($tName, 1) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevName] = _GetFriendlyName($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevManufacturer] = _GetDeviceManufacturer($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevDescription] = _GetDeviceDescription($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $tName = 0 _WinAPI_CoTaskMemFree(DllStructGetData($taPnPDeviceIDs, 1, $i + 1)) Next Return $aDevicesInfo EndFunc ;==>GetPortableDevices Func _GetDeviceManufacturer($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" $oInterface.GetDeviceManufacturer($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetDeviceManufacturer Func _GetDeviceDescription($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceDescription($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetDeviceDescription Func _GetFriendlyName($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceFriendlyName($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetFriendlyName Func _GetProperty($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceFriendlyName($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetProperty Func FAILED($hr) Return ($hr < 0) EndFunc ;==>FAILED Path looks like this:
      \\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33} I can open this in a Windows Explorer windows and it works ok.
      Now, search for files using AutoIt - does not work:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $f $f = _RecFileListToArray("\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}", "*.*", 0, 1, 1) _ArrayDisplay($f) ; Name...........: _RecFileListToArray ; Description ...: Lists files and\or folders in a specified path (Similar to using Dir with the /B Switch) ; Syntax.........: _RecFileListToArray($sPath[, $sFilter = "*"[, $iFlag = 0[, $iRecur = 0[, $iFullPath = 0]]]]) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - Path to generate filelist for. ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iFlag - Optional: specifies whether to return files folders or both ; |$iFlag=0 (Default) Return both files and folders ; |$iFlag=1 Return files only ; |$iFlag=2 Return Folders only ; $iRecur - Optional: specifies whether to search in subfolders ; |$iRecur=0 (Default) Do not search in subfolders ; |$iRecur=1 Search in subfolders ; $iFullPath - Optional: specifies whether to include initial path in result string ; |$iFullPath=0 (Default) Do not include initial path ; |$iFullPath=1 Include initial path ; Return values .: @Error - 1 = Path not found or invalid ; |2 = Invalid $sFilter ; |3 = Invalid $iFlag ; |4 = Invalid $iRecur ; |5 = Invalid $iFullPath ; |6 = No File/Folder Found ; Author ........: SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: 22 Jan 09 by Melba23 - added recursive search and full path options ; Remarks .......: The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows: ; $array[0] = Number of Files\Folders returned ; $array[1] = 1st File\Folder ; $array[2] = 2nd File\Folder ; $array[3] = 3rd File\Folder ; $array[n] = nth File\Folder ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; Yes ; ==================================================================================================== ;Special Thanks to Helge and Layer for help with the $iFlag update ; speed optimization by code65536 ;=============================================================================== Func _RecFileListToArray($sPath, $sFilter = "*", $iFlag = 0, $iRecur = 0, $iFullPath = 0) Local $asFileList[1], $sFullPath If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(1, 1, "") If StringRight($sPath, 1) <> "\" Then $sPath = $sPath & "\" If (StringInStr($sFilter, "\")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "/")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ":")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ">")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "<")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "|")) Or (StringStripWS($sFilter, 8) = "") Then Return SetError(2, 2, "") If Not ($iFlag = 0 Or $iFlag = 1 Or $iFlag = 2) Then Return SetError(3, 3, "") If Not ($iRecur = 0 Or $iRecur = 1) Then Return SetError(4, 4, "") If $iFullPath = 0 Then $sFullPath = $sPath ElseIf $iFullPath = 1 Then $sFullPath = "" Else Return SetError(5, 5, "") EndIf _FLTA_Search($sPath, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, $asFileList) If $asFileList[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(6, 6, "") Return $asFileList EndFunc ;==>_FileListToArray ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#================================================================================= ; Name...........: _FLTA_Search ; Description ...: Searches folder for files and then recursively searches in subfolders ; Syntax.........: _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, ByRef $asFileList) ; Parameters ....: $sStartFolder - Value passed on from UBound($avArray) ; $sFilter - As set in _FileListToArray ; $iFlag - As set in _FileListToArray ; $iRecur - As set in _FileListToArray ; $sFullPath - $sPath as set in _FileListToArray ; $asFileList - Array containing found files/folders ; Return values .: None ; Author ........: Melba23 based on code from _FileListToArray by SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: This function is used internally by _FileListToArray. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; ; ==================================================================================================== Func _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, ByRef $asFileList) Local $hSearch, $sFile If StringRight($sStartFolder, 1) <> "\" Then $sStartFolder = $sStartFolder & "\" ; First look for filtered files/folders in folder $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sStartFolder & $sFilter) If $hSearch > 0 Then While 1 $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop Switch $iFlag Case 0; Both files and folders If $iRecur And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop Case 1; Files Only If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop Case 2; Folders only If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") = 0 Then ContinueLoop EndSwitch If $iFlag = 1 And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop If $iFlag = 2 And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") = 0 Then ContinueLoop _FLTA_Add($asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) WEnd FileClose($hSearch) ReDim $asFileList[$asFileList[0] + 1] EndIf If $iRecur = 1 Then ; Now look for subfolders $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sStartFolder & "*.*") If $hSearch > 0 Then While 1 $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") And ($sFile <> "." Or $sFile <> "..") Then ; If folders needed, add subfolder to array If $iFlag <> 1 Then _FLTA_Add($asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) ; Recursive search of this subfolder _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder & $sFile, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, $asFileList) EndIf WEnd FileClose($hSearch) EndIf EndIf EndFunc ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#================================================================================= ; Name...........: _FLTA_Add ; Description ...: Searches folder for files and then recursively searches in subfolders ; Syntax.........: _FLTA_Add(ByRef $asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) ; Parameters ....: $asFileList - Array containing found files/folders ; $sFullPath - $sPath as set in _FileListToArray ; $sStartFolder - Value passed on from UBound($avArray) ; $sFile - Full path of file/folder to add to $asFileList ; Return values .: Function only changes $asFileList ByRef ; Author ........: Melba23 based on code from _FileListToArray by SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: This function is used internally by _FileListToArray. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; ; ==================================================================================================== Func _FLTA_Add(ByRef $asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) Local $sAddFolder $asFileList[0] += 1 If UBound($asFileList) <= $asFileList[0] Then ReDim $asFileList[UBound($asFileList) * 2] If $sFullPath = "" Then $sAddFolder = $sStartFolder Else $sAddFolder = StringReplace($sStartFolder, $sFullPath, "") EndIf $asFileList[$asFileList[0]] = $sAddFolder & $sFile EndFunc File copy using Autoit - does not work:
      FileCopy("\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}\Internal storage\DCIM\Camera MX\PHOTO_20161007_123935.jpg", 'd:\Diverse 2\654\0\') Copy using Windows batch - does not work:
      xcopy /Y /E "\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}\Internal storage\DCIM\*.*" "d:\Diverse 2\654\0\"  
    • ur
      How to get file version
      By ur
      How to get the thrid number of a file version.
      Example: Let's say I have a file with below properties.
      I want only the third number like here it is 1941 as highlighted.
      Is there any built in function to get it??

• Rapidnxit
      [solved] send multiple files by email from a file list
      By Rapidnxit
      Hi! I want to send by mail some files with a certain extension (.xml in my case). These files are located in the script folder. First, I thought to use _FileListToArrayRec function to have a list of these files. But than I don't know how to send them all at once. I know that I can attach multiple files in this way: path1;path2;path3; etc.  and so I have tried to make a string of this type with the path of the files (with a for loop) but It doesn't attach any file (only instructions.txt). How could I do? ( what I did is just an idea, if there's something better that would be great) Thanks!
      $aArrayXml = _FileListToArrayRec(@ScriptDir, "*.xml", $FLTAR_FILES) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayXml, "LIST XML") $LenghtArrayXml = UBound($aArrayXml) If ($LenghtArrayXml > 2) Then For $i = 2 To $LenghtArrayXml - 1 $temp = "&@ScriptDir&""\"&$aArrayXml[$i]&";"&"""" $XmlListFile = $XmlListFile & $temp Next EndIf $XmlListFile = StringTrimLeft($XmlListFile, 1) if($LenghtArrayXml = 2)Then $rc =_INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&";"&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) Else $rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&$XmlListFile&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) EndIf  
    • jloyzaga
      simple multi list box
      By jloyzaga
      I'd just like to find an example of a multi select list box that outputs the selections to a file. Finding lots of complex examples in examples folder and cannot find and simple ones. like simple single select list box. 
      I'm trying to put together a selection criteria. where listbox 1 has a list of environment names - when selected it will open up another control (overlay is good to cover first GUI) it then lists Applications. When selected I will use the selection to list some items from excel as a multi select list box. So are there simple examples of these that i can look at and use to create a gui that I can understand?

Joe