Sign in to follow this  
crushyna

Error while adding file names to ListView

Hello everyone!

I've encountered a strange problem while adding files (or rather file names) to a ListView.
Mechanics are simple:
1. Select files to add (FileOpenDialog + Multiselect)
2. Split selected string (filepath) into array (StringSplit)
3. File names appear on ListView (GUICtrlCreateListViewItem)

Writing starts from second array (since 0 is array size, and 1 is filepath).
Problem occurs when I try to add one file. Then, no filenames are added.
As far as I know, selecting one file generates only 2 strings (0 and 1) to split, therefore no string is written into ListView.

Is there any way / workaround to make this thing work properly?

Some code here:

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

Case $idAddTest
               $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:"
               $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT)
                If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.")
                FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
            Else
               $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
                    For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0]

MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i]) ;just for testing purposes

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList)
                    Next
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
 WEnd

And nothing more spectacular from ListView side:

Global $idTestCaseList = GUICtrlCreateListView("List of Tests             ", 24, 24, 225, 502, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT))
        GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "List of test cases."& @CRLF &"Hold CTRL to select multiple lines.")

Any help appreciated!

Check for an array after the StringSplit line, and if it's not an array, it's a single file and process accordingly, if it is an array, then continue using the present method.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

15 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Check for an array after the StringSplit line, and if it's not an array, it's a single file and process accordingly, if it is an array, then continue using the present method.

Hey!

Took me some time, but I've managed to find magical _PathSplit function :)
That's how it looks right now, and is working properly :)
Thanks for help!

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

Case $idAddTest
               Local $cFilepath
               Local $cFilename
               Local $cDrivepath
               Local $cDirpath
               Local $cExtension
               $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:"
               $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT)
                If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.")
            Else
               $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
                If $aFileList[0] = 1 Then
                    _PathSplit($aFileList[1], $cDrivepath, $cDirpath, $cFilename, $cExtension)
                    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($cFilename & $cExtension, $idTestCaseList)
                ElseIf $aFilelist[0] >2 Then
                For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0]

MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i])

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList)
                Next
                EndIf
            EndIf
          (...)
     EndSwitch
WEnd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIListViewEx.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 539, 350, 192, 124) $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("CLM1|CLM2", 0, 0, 538, 326) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 150) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 150) Local $dynamic = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Example1|Example2", $ListView1) $SubMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($dynamic) $Run = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run", $SubMenu) $Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $SubMenu) $Delete = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $SubMenu) Local $dynamic2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Example3|Example6", $ListView1) $SubMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($dynamic2) $Run = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run", $SubMenu) $Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $SubMenu) $Delete = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $SubMenu) _GUIListViewEx_Init($ListView1, "", 0, 0, True, 64) _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd I use GUIListViewEx.au3 for position of items in listview but when I move one the context menu disappear. Any solution of this?
      Any method than array it is possible?
      Thank you, appreciate it.

• By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      I download the GUIListViewEx.au3 by Melba23 in order to move up or down my items from a listview.
      Everything it's looking good in script but when I move an item it will crash.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you! 

• By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      Sorry for my bad english.

I try to figure out if I have a dynamic listview with as many items as I want, how to save to a text file all the data listview contains in the same form that you put when you create a listviewitem. I will give you an example.
      When the script is running it will show you the listview and some items. How to take the items data "Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2" in this format and paste into a text file? All of them.
      I tried to explain as good as I can.
      Thank you for your attention!
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form_Menu = GUICreate("Form Example", 351, 234, -1, -1) $Form_Menu_ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column #1|Column #2|Column #3", 0, 0, 346, 230) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 75) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 75) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 75) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2", $Form_Menu_ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Data2|Data2_Sub1|Data2_Sub2", $Form_Menu_ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("DataN|DataN_SubN|DataN_SubN", $Form_Menu_ListView1) ;The data that appear in the listview be saved in a file like that : #cs Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2 Data2|Data2_Sub1|Data2_Sub2 DataN|DataN_SubN|DataN_SubN #ce GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form_Menu) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd
    • By Slipk
      Hello,
      I tried with many methods and searched a lot for items to move up and down but couldn't find it.
      Sorry for my bad english.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 307, 247, 192, 124) GUISetFont(10, 400, 0, "Arial") $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("C1|C2|C3", 0, 0, 250, 246) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 50) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 60) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 100) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Test1|Test2|Test3", $ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Cat|Dog|Fish", $ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("ABC|DEF|GHI", $ListView1) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("/\", 264, 8, 27, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial") $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("\/", 264, 40, 27, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $nMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit         Case $Button1 ;up         Case $Button2 ;down     EndSwitch WEnd  
      Thank you for your help!
    • By Broihon
      Hey guys,

I ran into a problem when I wanted to delete items of a listview using the delete key. My approach is to register my own WndProc for the listview and then filter the $WM_GETDLGCODE msg and then call the original WndProc.
      That works like a charm. The problem is that when the listview gets redrawn it somehow ends up in an infinite loop. The listview is suddenly emtpy and I can't interact with any controls of the GUI at all. Here's the code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> $h_GUI = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200, 350, 350) $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 0, 0, 200, 200) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 2) $h_LV_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("WndProc_LV", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") $g_LV_OldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($h_LV), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($h_LV_NewWndProc)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func WndProc_LV($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($g_LV_OldWndProc, $hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WndProc_GUI Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE DllCallbackFree($h_LV_NewWndProc) As you can see I'm doing nothing in the WndProc of the listview. I'm simply calling the original WndProc. This still "freezes" when I mess with the width of the columns or in the original project when I add more items that they don't fit in the listview and I have to scroll. If I don't do that it's working fine.