Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crushyna

Error while adding file names to ListView

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I've encountered a strange problem while adding files (or rather file names) to a ListView.
Mechanics are simple:
1. Select files to add (FileOpenDialog + Multiselect)
2. Split selected string (filepath) into array (StringSplit)
3. File names appear on ListView (GUICtrlCreateListViewItem)

Writing starts from second array (since 0 is array size, and 1 is filepath).
Problem occurs when I try to add one file. Then, no filenames are added.
As far as I know, selecting one file generates only 2 strings (0 and 1) to split, therefore no string is written into ListView.

Is there any way / workaround to make this thing work properly?

Some code here:

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

Case $idAddTest
               $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:"
               $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT)
                If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.")
                FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
            Else
               $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
                    For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0]

MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i]) ;just for testing purposes

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList)
                    Next
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
 WEnd

And nothing more spectacular from ListView side:

Global $idTestCaseList = GUICtrlCreateListView("List of Tests             ", 24, 24, 225, 502, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT))
        GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "List of test cases."& @CRLF &"Hold CTRL to select multiple lines.")

Any help appreciated!

Check for an array after the StringSplit line, and if it's not an array, it's a single file and process accordingly, if it is an array, then continue using the present method.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

15 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Check for an array after the StringSplit line, and if it's not an array, it's a single file and process accordingly, if it is an array, then continue using the present method.

Hey!

Took me some time, but I've managed to find magical _PathSplit function :)
That's how it looks right now, and is working properly :)
Thanks for help!

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

Case $idAddTest
               Local $cFilepath
               Local $cFilename
               Local $cDrivepath
               Local $cDirpath
               Local $cExtension
               $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:"
               $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT)
                If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.")
            Else
               $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
                If $aFileList[0] = 1 Then
                    _PathSplit($aFileList[1], $cDrivepath, $cDirpath, $cFilename, $cExtension)
                    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($cFilename & $cExtension, $idTestCaseList)
                ElseIf $aFilelist[0] >2 Then
                For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0]

MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i])

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList)
                Next
                EndIf
            EndIf
          (...)
     EndSwitch
WEnd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• rootx
      Listview subitem persistent focus?
      By rootx
      Holà, I would like to understand why when I select a subitem remains the focus on it. THX
      ;Rootx #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiStatusBar.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> Global $idListview #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 450, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 16, 16, 75, 25) $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 16, 56, 586, 358, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_AUTOARRANGE), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES)) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($idListview, 0, "Column 1", 100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($idListview, 1, "Column 2", 100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($idListview, 2, "Column 3", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 1: Col 1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 2", 1, 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 3", 2, 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 2: Col 1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 1, "Row 2: Col 2", 1, 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 1, "Row 2: Col 3", 2,1) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 3: Col 1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 2, "Row 3: Col 2",1, 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 2, "Row 3: Col 3",2, 1) $StatusBar1 = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($Form1) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 EndSwitch WEnd Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $tInfo, $hWndListView = $idListview If Not IsHWnd($idListview) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hWndListView Switch $iCode Case $LVN_COLUMNCLICK Local $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $lParam) Local $iCol = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") ConsoleWrite("Column clicked: " & $iCol & @CRLF) Case $NM_CLICK $aHit = _GUICtrlListView_SubItemHitTest($hWndFrom) $LVEIP_Item = $aHit[0] $LVEIP_SubItem = $aHit[1] Local $tItem $tItem = DllStructCreate($tagLVITEM) DllStructSetData($tItem, "Mask", $LVIF_STATE) DllStructSetData($tItem, "Item", $LVEIP_Item) DllStructSetData($tItem, "SubItem", $LVEIP_SubItem) DllStructSetData($tItem, "State", $LVIS_SELECTED) DllStructSetData($tItem, "StateMask", $LVIS_SELECTED) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemEx($hWndFrom, $tItem) ConsoleWrite("Selected Cell " & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($idListview,$LVEIP_Item,$LVEIP_SubItem)&@CRLF) EndSwitch EndSwitch EndFunc  
    • david1337
      Find ID of Listview item by stringname
      By david1337
      Hey guys
      This may be quite simple, but I haven't manage to solve it yet :/
      All I want to do is get the ID of Xitem, so I can click it with " _GUICtrlListView_ClickItem" .
      So I need to find the item based on the that fact that I know the text/string name of that item.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("listview items", 300, 300, -1, -1) Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1", 10, 10, 200, 150) ;,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING) Local $idButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("ID_of_Xitem?", 75, 170, 70, 20) Local $idItem1 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Aitem", $idListview) Local $idItem2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Xitem", $idListview) Local $idItem3 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Zitem", $idListview) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idButton MsgBox(0,"","ID of Xitem is ?") _GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($clv, ?) EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • skybax
      Array to Listview
      By skybax
      Good morning all,
      I have a question regarding a situation im in...

I have an array with information from sql query, how can i send this information to a listview ?

$citeste_daune = "SELECT `id_dauna`,`data_incident`,`sala`,`autor`,`suma` FROM `daune` WHERE `status`=1;" $sa_citit_daune = _query($sqlinstance, $citeste_daune) Global $aresult[10001][5] = [[10000, 5]] Global $iindex = 0 With $sa_citit_daune While NOT .eof $aresult[$iindex][0] = .fields("id_dauna").value $aresult[$iindex][1] = .fields("data_incident").value $aresult[$iindex][2] = .fields("sala").value $aresult[$iindex][3] = .fields("autor").value $aresult[$iindex][4] = .fields("suma").value $iindex = $iindex + 1 .movenext WEnd EndWith ReDim $aresult[$iindex][5] $aresult[0][0] = $iindex - 1 _ArrayDisplay($aresult) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_ArrayToString($aresult), $lista_daune_active)  
      This is what i see when i execure _ArrayDisplay($aresult)

• Trolleule
      Show ToolTip when hovering over listview group
      By Trolleule
      Hi,
      i want to display a tooltip when i hover over the listview group. It sounds not difficult but i couldn't find a solution and i searched for autoit as well as for c# :/
      So i came up with a not so pretty solution:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GuiToolTip.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Global $idListview, $hWndListView Global $hToolTip = _GUIToolTip_Create(0, BitOR($_TT_ghTTDefaultStyle, $TTS_BALLOON)); balloon style tooltip Global Const $LVN_GROUPINFO = ($LVN_FIRST - 88) Global Const $tagNMLVGROUP = $tagNMHDR & ";int iGroupId;uint iNewState;uint iOldState" ; $LVGS_flags $LVGS_flags Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam Local $tInfo, $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam), $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) Local $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom"), $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hWndListView Switch $iCode ; Case $of?????? ; A Group was clicked <---- I need help with this Case $LVN_GROUPINFO ConsoleWrite("hier" & @CRLF) $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVGROUP, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$LVN_GROUPINFO" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->GroupId:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iGroupId") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iNewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iOldState")) Case $LVN_COLUMNCLICK ; A column was clicked $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$LVN_COLUMNCLICK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->Item:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Item") & @CRLF & _ "-->SubItem:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "NewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "OldState") & @CRLF & _ "-->Changed:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Changed") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionX:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionX") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionY:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionY") & @CRLF & _ "-->Param:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Param")) ; No return value Case $NM_CLICK ; Sent by a list-view control when the user clicks an item with the left mouse button $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$NM_CLICK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->Index:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index") & @CRLF & _ "-->SubItem:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "NewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "OldState") & @CRLF & _ "-->Changed:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Changed") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionX:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionX") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionY:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionY") & @CRLF & _ "-->lParam:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "lParam") & @CRLF & _ "-->KeyFlags:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "KeyFlags")) ; No return value EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func _DebugPrint($s_Text, $sLine = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite( _ "!===========================================================" & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF & _ "-->Line(" & StringFormat("%04d", $sLine) & "):" & @TAB & $s_Text & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_DebugPrint If Not StringInStr($CmdLineRaw, "/ErrorStdOut") Then Exit MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, @ScriptName, 'please run from the editor, thanks', 10) Example() Func Example() Local $aInfo, $hImage, $idListview $ghui = GUICreate("ListView Group COLLAPSIBLE", 400, 300) $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 30, 20, 354, 218);, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_REPORT, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)) $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) ; Load images $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create() _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0xFF0000, 16, 16)) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0x00FF00, 16, 16)) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0x0000FF, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($idListview, $hImage, 1) ; Add columns _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 1", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 2", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 3", 100) ; Add items _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 1: Col 1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 3", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 2: Col 1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 1, "Row 2: Col 2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 3: Col 1", 2) ; Build groups _GUICtrlListView_EnableGroupView($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertGroup($idListview, -1, 1, "Group 1", 1) ;~ _GUICtrlListView_SetGroupInfo($idListview, 1, "Group 1", 0, $LVGS_COLLAPSIBLE + $LVGS_COLLAPSED) ; <--- _GUICtrlListView_InsertGroup($idListview, -1, 2, "Group 2") ;~ _GUICtrlListView_SetGroupInfo($idListview, 2, "Group 2", 0, $LVGS_COLLAPSIBLE + $LVGS_COLLAPSED) ; <--- _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 0, 1) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 1, 2) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 2, 2) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") Local $apos = _GUICtrlListView_GetGroupRect($idListview, 2, $LVGGR_LABEL) Local $test = GUICtrlCreateLabel("a", 2, 2, 10, 17) Local $val = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($test), $GWL_STYLE) Local $valex = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($test), $GWL_EXSTYLE) Local $aha = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx($valex+$WS_EX_LAYERED, "static", "blabla", $val, $apos[0], $apos[1], 50, 20, $hWndListView) _GUIToolTip_AddTool($hToolTip, $hWndListView, "This is a ToolTip3", $aha) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Short description: I only created a label with CreateWindowEx which i can append to the listview control and layered it with the $WS_EX_Layered flag so it looks like it's transparent. Then i only added a tooltip tool to that created label.
      Hover over the Group 2 text and the Tooltip will be displayed. My question is: does someone know another perhaps much prettier solution?
      Thanks in advance
    • Stacker
      Context menu
      By Stacker
      Hi all,
      i need to enable/disable an item($listitem3) on context menu if find a specific value in listview ($idlistview).The item start disable (see code)
      I use GUIGetMsg() in my code

$listtxt = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($idListView) $listitem1 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Ignore", $idListView) $listitem2 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Remove Ignore", $idListView) $listitem3 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Provide", $idListView) GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_disable) Any suggestion ?
      Thanks