david1337

GUI Case when item is selected

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I hope that I can get a little help with this one :)

In this GUI example using GUIListViewEx, I have a list based on items found in test.txt.

item1
item2
item3

etc....

When an item is selected, and I click the GetInfo button, a message will show the text of that item.

Is it possible to activate a case like that as soon as the item is selected, so I don't need a button to start the case?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>

Global $MainGUI_ManageItemList
Global $File = "test.txt"
Global $FileToArray = FileReadToArray("test.txt")

Call ("MainGUI_ManageItemList")

Func MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Local $Button1

$MainGUI_ManageItemList = GUICreate("Manage Item List", 800, 400, -1, -1)

$cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("[items]", 10, 10, 400, 775, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS")
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 378)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 425, 10, 80, 30)
$RemoveItem = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Item", 425, 50, 80, 30)
$GetInfo = GUICtrlCreateButton("GetInfo", 425, 120, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI_ManageItemList)

; Intialise ListView
Global $iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV)
; Insert lines
_GUIListViewEx_Insert($FileToArray, True)
; Register required messages
_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(True, False, False, False)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case $Button1
            MsgBox(0,"","Button 1 is pressed")

Case $RemoveItem
            _GUIListViewEx_Delete()

Case $GetInfo
         $ItemSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($cLV, True)
         If IsArray($ItemSelected) And $ItemSelected[0] <> 0 Then ;This part makes sure it doesn't crash when no item is selected.
         $ItemSelectedText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($cLV, $ItemSelected[1])

msgbox (0, "Selected item", $ItemSelectedText)

EndIf

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Main

david1337,

Perhaps something like this:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>

Global $iCurrentIndex = 0

Global $MainGUI_ManageItemList
Global $File = @ScriptFullPath
Global $FileToArray = FileReadToArray($File)

MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Func MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Local $Button1

$MainGUI_ManageItemList = GUICreate("Manage Item List", 800, 400, -1, -1)

$cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("[items]", 10, 10, 400, 775, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER)
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS")
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 378)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 425, 10, 80, 30)
    $RemoveItem = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Item", 425, 50, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI_ManageItemList)

; Intialise ListView
    Global $iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV)
    ; Insert lines
    _GUIListViewEx_Insert($FileToArray, True)
    ; Register required messages
    _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(True, False, False, False)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

Case $Button1
                MsgBox(0, "", "Button 1 is pressed")

Case $RemoveItem
                _GUIListViewEx_Delete()

EndSwitch

$ItemSelected  = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($cLV, True)
        If IsArray($ItemSelected ) And $ItemSelected[0] <> 0 Then
            If $ItemSelected[1] <> $iCurrentIndex Then
                $iCurrentIndex = $ItemSelected[1]
                $ItemSelectedText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($cLV, $ItemSelected[1])
                MsgBox(0, "Selected item", $ItemSelectedText)
            EndIf
        EndIf

WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>MainGUI_ManageItemList

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba, thank you so much!

As always, a pleasure :)

It worked just as intended, and this time I actually understood what you did!
Now that I know how to do this, I have a lot to work on :D

- David

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey Melba :)

Do you know why in our example here, the first item is selected when the GUI is opened, and it doesn't react to that selection (like when you click an item)?

- David

Edited by david1337

david1337,

Do you know why in our example here, the first item is selected when the GUI is opened

No, but I noticed that it happened and...

Do you know why in our example here [...] it doesn't react to that selection

...initialised the $iCurrentIndex to 0 to ensure that it did not.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

Do you know why in our example here [...] it doesn't react to that selection

Ahh yes of course :) Let's pretend I didn't just ask you that.

I will have to work on the automatic highlight of the first item.

Thanks!

Edited by david1337