david1337

GUI Case when item is selected

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I hope that I can get a little help with this one :)

In this GUI example using GUIListViewEx, I have a list based on items found in test.txt.

item1
item2
item3

etc....

When an item is selected, and I click the GetInfo button, a message will show the text of that item.

Is it possible to activate a case like that as soon as the item is selected, so I don't need a button to start the case?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>

Global $MainGUI_ManageItemList
Global $File = "test.txt"
Global $FileToArray = FileReadToArray("test.txt")

Call ("MainGUI_ManageItemList")

Func MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Local $Button1

$MainGUI_ManageItemList = GUICreate("Manage Item List", 800, 400, -1, -1)

$cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("[items]", 10, 10, 400, 775, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS")
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 378)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 425, 10, 80, 30)
$RemoveItem = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Item", 425, 50, 80, 30)
$GetInfo = GUICtrlCreateButton("GetInfo", 425, 120, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI_ManageItemList)

; Intialise ListView
Global $iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV)
; Insert lines
_GUIListViewEx_Insert($FileToArray, True)
; Register required messages
_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(True, False, False, False)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case $Button1
            MsgBox(0,"","Button 1 is pressed")

Case $RemoveItem
            _GUIListViewEx_Delete()

Case $GetInfo
         $ItemSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($cLV, True)
         If IsArray($ItemSelected) And $ItemSelected[0] <> 0 Then ;This part makes sure it doesn't crash when no item is selected.
         $ItemSelectedText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($cLV, $ItemSelected[1])

msgbox (0, "Selected item", $ItemSelectedText)

EndIf

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Main

david1337,

Perhaps something like this:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>

Global $iCurrentIndex = 0

Global $MainGUI_ManageItemList
Global $File = @ScriptFullPath
Global $FileToArray = FileReadToArray($File)

MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Func MainGUI_ManageItemList()

Local $Button1

$MainGUI_ManageItemList = GUICreate("Manage Item List", 800, 400, -1, -1)

$cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("[items]", 10, 10, 400, 775, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER)
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS")
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 378)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 425, 10, 80, 30)
    $RemoveItem = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Item", 425, 50, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI_ManageItemList)

; Intialise ListView
    Global $iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV)
    ; Insert lines
    _GUIListViewEx_Insert($FileToArray, True)
    ; Register required messages
    _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(True, False, False, False)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

Case $Button1
                MsgBox(0, "", "Button 1 is pressed")

Case $RemoveItem
                _GUIListViewEx_Delete()

EndSwitch

$ItemSelected  = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($cLV, True)
        If IsArray($ItemSelected ) And $ItemSelected[0] <> 0 Then
            If $ItemSelected[1] <> $iCurrentIndex Then
                $iCurrentIndex = $ItemSelected[1]
                $ItemSelectedText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($cLV, $ItemSelected[1])
                MsgBox(0, "Selected item", $ItemSelectedText)
            EndIf
        EndIf

WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>MainGUI_ManageItemList

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba, thank you so much!

As always, a pleasure :)

It worked just as intended, and this time I actually understood what you did!
Now that I know how to do this, I have a lot to work on :D

- David

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey Melba :)

Do you know why in our example here, the first item is selected when the GUI is opened, and it doesn't react to that selection (like when you click an item)?

- David

Edited by david1337

david1337,

Do you know why in our example here, the first item is selected when the GUI is opened

No, but I noticed that it happened and...

Do you know why in our example here [...] it doesn't react to that selection

...initialised the $iCurrentIndex to 0 to ensure that it did not.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

Do you know why in our example here [...] it doesn't react to that selection

Ahh yes of course :) Let's pretend I didn't just ask you that.

I will have to work on the automatic highlight of the first item.

Thanks!

Edited by david1337

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      From From here, bottom of the post
      I am not arguing the logic of this, merely would like to point out that if there is such a rule, it is not documented...  Are there other such rules?
      Skysnake
    • damon
      By damon
      @JLogan3o13 I apologize, I did not think of it that way.  I have attached all the code and the Ini File information.  Please let me know if I need to add anything else to help understand what is happening.  thank you.

Guys, I apologize in advance as I did not search for my answer before posting.  I just could not figure out a way to search that made since so I decided to go ahead and post my question.

Getting to it.
      Background: this is being used to validate file names before moving to a new location.  though i have not included all the code, below is what i am having a problem with.
       I have an ini file that i am reading values from. Func ConfigDefineVars() -- I read the value of $ValidationRDA and everything is good then I set 
      $CaseRDALocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' <> $ValidationRDA
      the code that will be used in the select case in Func FileSplitCount().  The problem i have is that even though the numbers = each other they are not recognizing as =.  
      This is what i am getting in my log file i create.
      2017-12-04 14:09:53 : RDA was 2403 should have been 2403:
      If I move $SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation] <> $ValidationRDA to the Case line under the function it works correctly.

I think this has to do with my use of ' ' around the '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' but  i don't know what option i have in Func ConfigDefineVars I am not ready to define $SplitFile.  I have tried adding it to my Global Vars at the top of my script but that did not seem to help.
      There will be more fail this is just the first one in the select case.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
      Damon
      Example of a filename used.
      DWRSSD-37087-95-026.%-064.00-Tatum Family %-%-1230 Academy Rd-%-PERM-TRUE-2403.pdf
      This file will fail on the 95, it should be 095.  The problem i am getting is with the 2403 it fails even though the ini file value ValidationRDA = 2403 

Ini File:
      [SSD_FolderPaths]
      pendingFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\pending
      reviewFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\review
      completedFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\Completed
      FileNetProperties=DocumentTitle,ZipCode,County,MapAndGroupID,ParcelID,PropertyOwner,Subdivision,StreetAddress,LotNumber,DocumentType,Approved,RDANumber
      ValidationDocumentTitle=DWRSSD
      ValidationDocumentTitleLocation=1
      ValidationCountyCodeLocation=3
      ValidationRDA=2403
      ValidationRDALocation=12
      Validation3=TRUE
      Validation3Location=11
      Validation4=PERM
      Validation4Location=10

#include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;------------Global Vars --------------------- Global $SplitFile, $aFileList, $FileLog, $dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder, $ConfigFile, $t Global $ValidationDocumentTitle, $ValidationDocumentTitleLocation, $ValidationCountyCodeLocation, $ValidationRDA Global $ValidationRDALocation, $Validation3, $Validation3Location, $Validation4, $Validation4Location, $FileNetPropertiesSplit Global $CaseCountyCheck, $CaseRDALocationCheck, $CaseValidation3LocationCheck, $CaseValidation4LocationCheck, $SplitFile ;;--------------------------------Check and Read Config files-------------------------------- $SysConfigFile = @ScriptDir & "\SysConfig.ini" ;----------------PreCheck for Config File-------------- If FileExists ($SysConfigFile) <> 1 Then Exit EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- $FileNetEXE = @ScriptDir & "\" & IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileNetUploader","FileName","") $delimiter = IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileInformation", "Delimiter","") $Filter = IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileInformation", "Filter", "") $ConfigFile = @ScriptDir & "\Config.ini" ;----------------PreCheck for Config File-------------- If FileExists ($ConfigFile) <> 1 Then Exit EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- $Sections = IniReadSectionNames ($ConfigFile) ;MsgBox (0,"test", $Sections[0] & @CRLF & $Sections[1] & @CRLF & $Sections[2] & @CRLF & $Sections[3] & @CRLF & $Sections[4]);TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE $p = 0 Do $t = 0 ;used for precheck $p = $p + 1 ConfigDefineVars($Sections[$p]) ;MsgBox(0,"ConfigDefineVars", $sFolder & @CRLF & $dFolder & @CRLF & $cFolder);TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE PreCheck($dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder) ;Runs a Pre-check to make sure folder structure exists before running the program If $t = 0 Then ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run", "Running next functions");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE ListArray($sFolder, $Filter) ;Puts File Names in String Array ;_ArrayDisplay ($aFileList, $Sections[$p]) If $t = 0 Then FileSplitCount($dFolder, $aFileList) ;Takes filename String Array and splits by $delimiter ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run2", "Running split function");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE Else ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run2", "Skipping split function");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE EndIf Else ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run", "Skipping next functions");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE EndIf Until $p = $Sections[0] ExitScript() ;Exit script Function Func ConfigDefineVars($SectionsNum);Defines Variables from config file Sections $sFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "pendingFolder","") ;Pending Folder, Folder that is awaiting the process $dFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "reviewFolder","") ;Review Folder, Files that did not pass validation check and division needs to review $cFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "completedFolder","") ;Completed Folder, Once process is completed this would be location files get moved to $FileNetProperties = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "FileNetProperties","") $FileNetPropertiesSplit = StringSplit ($FileNetProperties,",") $ValidationDocumentTitle = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationDocumentTitle","") $ValidationDocumentTitleLocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationDocumentTitleLocation","") $ValidationCountyCodeLocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationCountyCodeLocation","") $ValidationRDA = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationRDA","") $ValidationRDALocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationRDALocation","") $Validation3 = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation3","") $Validation3Location = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation3Location","") $Validation4 = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation4","") $Validation4Location = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation4Location","") If $ValidationCountyCodeLocation = 999 Then $CaseCountyCheck = 1 <> 1 Else ;MsgBox (0,"test of county code", "location = " &$ValidationCountyCodeLocation) $CaseCountyCheck = StringLen('$SplitFile[$ValidationCountyCodeLocation]') <> 3 ; Checks for 3 digit County Code EndIf If $ValidationRDALocation = 999 Then $CaseRDALocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseRDALocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' <> $ValidationRDA ; Checks for 4 Digit RDA EndIf If $Validation3Location = 999 Then $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$Validation3Location]' <> $Validation3 ; Checks that Approved = True EndIf If $Validation4Location = 999 Then $CaseValidation4LocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$Validation4Location]' <> $Validation4 ; Checks that Document Type = PERM EndIf EndFunc Func ValidationCheck ($check1) $blank = StringLen ($check1) If $check1 Then EndIf EndFunc Func PreCheck($dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder) ;----------------PreCheck for Destination Folder-------------- If FileExists ($dFolder) <> 1 Then $t = 1 Return Else $FileLog = FileOpen($dFolder & "\FileLog.log", 1) EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;----------------PreCheck for Source Folder-------------- If FileExists ($sFolder) <> 1 Then _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to Pending Folder -- " & $sFolder & " -- does not exist") $t = 1 Return EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;----------------PreCheck for Completed Folder--------- If FileExists ($cFolder) <> 1 Then _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to Completed Folder -- " & $cFolder & " -- does not exist") $t = 1 Return EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- EndFunc Func ListArray($sFolder, $Filter) $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sFolder, $Filter, 1) ;Create an array of files from the source folder filtering by filetype ;in the config.ini files for the specified section If @error = 1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid.") _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to File(s) is Invalid") $t = 1 Return EndIf If @error = 4 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.") _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "No File(s) were found, exiting.") $t = 1 Return EndIf EndFunc ;==>ListArray  

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello.
      Drag option works only on parent window but as we can see on the parent gui is showed up child gui (on the right side with the color).
      Desired action is when we want to drag whole program we can also drag child gui and child gui will drag with parent gui.
      How to do this?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "_NCHITTEST") $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, -1, -1) $cButton_0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 0", 10, 10, 80, 30) $cButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 1", 10, 50, 80, 30) $cButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 2", 10, 90, 80, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; guis Global $hChild_[3] Global $countGUI = UBound($hChild_) - 1 ;MsgBox("","",$countGUI) ; licznik dla GUI Global $gui = 0 $hChild_[0] = GUICreate("Child 0", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $hChild_[1] = GUICreate("Child 1", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) $hChild_[2] = GUICreate("Child 2", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cButton_0 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $gui = 0 Case $cButton_1 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[1]) $gui = 1 Case $cButton_2 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[2]) $gui = 2 EndSwitch WEnd Func _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[0]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) EndFunc Func _NCHITTEST($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) If $hWnd = $hGUI Then Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) If Abs(BitAND(BitShift($lParam, 16),0xFFFF)- $aPos[1]) < 500 Then Return $HTCAPTION EndIf Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc  
    • IAMK
      By IAMK
      Hello,

I have a script which uses a GUI with two buttons. It gets shown and hidden., and pressing the buttons (including their hotkeys) highlights the button, making you able to press enter the next time.
      However, I don't want that.

I've tried using WinActivate() to make enter do things on another program, but the enter is still tied to the AutoIT GUI (which still has the button highlighted).

Here's the important part of my code:
      $MY_GUI = GUICreate("Check.exe", 400, 300, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 200), -500) WinSetOnTop($MY_GUI, "", 1) ;Keeps the window on the top. $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pass (Ctrl+P)", 40, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fail (Ctrl+F)", 240, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $GUIText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 20, 10, 360, 230) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlSetData($GUIText, Execute($stepMessage[$step])) $showGUI = "True" GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While($showGUI = "True") $buttonPressed = GUIGetMsg() Switch $buttonPressed Case $Button1 ;Pass $pass = "True" $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) Case $Button2 ;Fail $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) While($message = "") $message = InputBox("Check.exe", "Please enter the reason the step failed." & @CRLF, "", "", 300, 200, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 150), -400) WEnd Return $message EndSwitch WEnd Local $pass = "False" ;Whether "Pass" or "Fail" was pressed. Local $failLog = xxxfunc($pass) ;Returns a message to log if the step failed. ##THIS CALLS THE CODE SNIPPET ABOVE## FileWrite($file, _Now() & ": Step " & $step & getStatus($pass) & "and took " & Ceiling(TimerDiff($timer) / 1000) & " seconds." & @CRLF) If($failLog <> "") Then FileWrite($file, "Logged comment: " & $failLog & @CRLF) EndIf WinActivate("[TITLE:ProgramName]") ;Hotkeys: HotKeySet("^{p}", "pressPass") HotKeySet("^{f}", "pressFail") Func pressPass() $buttonPressed = $Button1 EndFunc Func pressFail() $buttonPressed = $Button2 EndFunc  
      The GUI's button/hotkey pressing works correctly.
      The same WinActivate code works in another script of mine.
      Together, WinActivate is not take "Active" away from the GUI's last-pressed button. How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.