Valnurat

Powershell n00b question

2 posts in this topic

#2 ·  Posted

Try :

Run ( Powershell [Powershellcommands] )

Or click on my nickname < Caramen i am coding alot of powershell things ATM and requested a lot of helps

I am sure you gonna find something

Also you have to check out your AD rights ; The powershell restriction of the computer ; etc....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• srini
      By srini
      I am trying to automate the windows GUI application, in the main window of this application i have one gridview control in it, and when you click on the any row of the gridview separate windows will be opened based on the selection of the row. 
      we have our existing framework implemented using the core java,  i have used AutoITX4java.jar file to automate the above application. and controlCommandListView options used to click on grid view row item. nothing is working. 
      my question is AutoIT can be used/called directly from java file??? instead of using the AutoITX4java.jar file???
      AutoIT supports GridView automation??? like gridview count and gridivew row item click event automation ect...????
      Any help would be really appricate!!
      Thanks
      Srini
      srini20483@gmail.com

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      This is probably an obvious one, but I really don't use this command at all so am hoping you can spot my mistake.
      I'm running a powershell script on a schedule with the following script in a function, the function is being called in a loop, but the console process is not closing in the background and I end up with a bunch of console windows running in the background:
      Run(@comspec & ' /k PowerShell.exe -STA -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Command "& ''Z:\Powershell\365\GetNextDetails.ps1'' "', "", @SW_HIDE) Thanks!
    • caramen
      By caramen
      !Arf it i used [Start new topic] when i was in GUI section and the post was moved without i even noticed it. Can an admin move that to general (SORRY)!

Hello guys ME again and my ugly english xD.

This is the only one powershell command i am not able to use becose i dont found a way to insert the USERNAME $Variable at the first line. i am not able to find a third way to QUOTE a variable when i use "*" for the AutoIt command and the '*' for the PS command but i need to QUOTE inside the '*'PS command my $Variable

$iPid = run("powershell get-aduser -Filter {sn -eq 'USERNAME'} -Properties sAMAccountName,Title" , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2) $AllInfo = "" While 1 $AllInfo &= StdoutRead($iPID) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf WEnd $AllInfo = stringsplit($AllInfo , @LF , 2) ;split result in all @LF but don't use the splitted result for anything _ArrayDisplay($AllInfo) This gonna be my last question becose i can do all the rest (i guess & wish ) alone

• caramen
      By caramen
      Hello.
      I improved my powershell skill like F**** !! I am so happy Level skill under beginner HAHA well i am just getting what i want but now i got a question about autoit + powershell
      When i run that Shellcommand 
      $iPid = run("Powershell Get-ADUser USER -Properties * | select -Expand Title"  , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2)

The return valu is :
      Micro r,seau (this is normal in PowerShell)
      Can i transform the value
      Micro réseau with autoit 
    • profyt7
      By profyt7
      Hey Guys,
      I am almost there but feel I am missing something that is right in front of me and need another set of eyes.

I am trying to run the following powershell file with the following parameters. This works in powershell just fine.
      Reset-LocalAdminPassword.ps1 -Password $secureString

I created an autoit script to do a few other things but from venturing in the forums I found some code and did the following:
      ;THIS COMMAND WILL RUN THE powershell script
      $iDir = "C:\test\script\Reset-LocalAdminPassword.ps1"
      Run('cmd /k C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File ' & '"' & $iDir & '-Password $secureString')
      Sleep(15000)

The problem is that when it runs it gives me a message that C:\test\script\Reset-LocalAdminPassword.ps1-Password $secureString' is not a valid ps1 file.
      I cannot seem to get it to run the ps1 file with the -Password $secureString' parameter. It keeps cobining the ps1 path and the parameters all as one.
      I am sure this is something I am overlooking but I have been battling with this for a few hours now and just don't know what I am missing.