Sign in to follow this  
Valnurat

Powershell n00b question

Try :

Run ( Powershell [Powershellcommands] )

Or click on my nickname < Caramen i am coding alot of powershell things ATM and requested a lot of helps

I am sure you gonna find something

Also you have to check out your AD rights ; The powershell restriction of the computer ; etc....

My video tutorials : HERE ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

On 11/7/2016 at 9:03 AM, Valnurat said:

Hi experts.

I'm trying to get this to work:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/173949-using-the-autoit-powershell-cmdlets/

but I get an error:  error: syntax error (illegal character)

"Import-Module .\"

Can anyone help me?

Capture.JPG

Hmm.  You should be able to just write "Import-module AutoITX".  But you actually shouldn't even have to type that out.  A good way to determine if the Autoitx cmdlets are accessible to powershell is to load the Powershell ISE scripting environment, and look here:

hry8D2R.png

If you can see the module listed in this drop-down, it is already available for use in that session of powershell, you just need to start using the cmdlets

Edited by MattHiggs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By learner123
      Hi All,

I am new to this AUTO IT and I have created a script that will open an app,enter pin and copy the code generated to clipboard. My java code call this autoIT script and use the copied generated code from clipboard.
      This works fine when server  window is on focus. My server is an windows server. 
      But when I minimize or disconnect the server, the script opens the app.exe but doesn't copy any value to clipboard.  
      Can anyone help me on this 😐

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
      Local $hWnd=WinWait("abc - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
      $hWin = WinGetHandle("abc - RSA SecurID Token");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ENTER}");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");
      Sleep(1000) ;
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");

• By poddex
      Hello everyone.
      I always try to work with old Windows 10 versions as much as possible because I know mane compatibility issues with Windows 10 upgrading. 
      But I couldn't do anything else (I got drivers problem), and nothing couldn't help me besides upgrading, so I upgraded from 1807 to 1903.
      And...get another problem 😃
      I use AutoitX library in external project like this.
      ObjectAutoIt=New COMObject("AutoItX3.Control");
      ObjectAutoIt.AutoItSetOption("WinTextMatchMode",2);
              While ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader) Cycle 
                  ObjectAutoIt.WinClose("",WindowHeader);
              EndCycle;
      After upgrade I get that this line code 
      While ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader)
      become extremely low - ~ 20 seconds even if 10 windows open. But before upgrade it takes 0.5 s for a max.
      And every time that this code line passes through  - it takes ~20s, (20.115, for example), not less, not more. Something pauses it to work.
      How can I diagnose, what is that?
      I tried reinstall whole AutoIt, but no results.
      Thanks to all.
    • By Exit
      For my next project I would like to send files with "alternate data streams" by email in ZIP format.
      I can not use any external program like 7-Zip or WinRAR. (They would fit😥)
      Who knows how to create a ZIP file with "alternate data streams" included with the Powershell command "Compress-Archive"? 
      Here a test script:  (save as "ADSTester.cmd")
      @rem Try to create a zip file with alternate data streams (ADS) included @rem Housekeeping @cls @del ADSTester.zip >nul: @RD /S /Q Extracted >nul: @del ADSTester.txt >nul: @rem End of Housekeeping echo This is the ADSTester.txt file >ADSTester.txt echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part1 file >ADSTester.txt:Part1 echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part2 file >ADSTester.txt:Part2 dir /r ADSTester.txt @rem See the 3 files @rem **************************************************************** @rem **************************************************************** @rem Please alter the next lines to include the alternate data streams. powershell Compress-Archive -Path .\ADSTester.txt -Update -DestinationPath ADSTester.zip powershell Expand-Archive -Path ADSTester.zip -DestinationPath .\Extracted\ dir /r Extracted\ADSTester.txt @rem Only one file left :-( pause  
    • By Mudoch
      I need to replace a desktop applications functionality. I'll call it App "A".
      The application has defined 2 hot keys one that toggles between it and another window, App "B", and one that triggers keystrokes to App "B" to get data where App "A" can access it. Then tells app "A" to fire off processing of data.. Unfortunately when App "B" is a 64bit application this functionality no longer works. 

For now I've hobbled together a work a round solution by using 2 apps with what appears to be similar abilities. AutoIt and a desktop application that allows me to define the 2 hot keys. The SutoItX Dll is great for my processes within App "A" as it uses VBA for event driven tasks.
      The second app allows me to define the Hot keys and which windows they belong to.
      My fail is on how to use AutoIT to define the hot Keys and link to specific windows.
      So as I see this working:
                App "A" launches and fires off internal VBA code that in turn sets up HotKeys. If App "B" is not found code shuts down without enabling the hotkeys.  
                A hot key of CTRL-F1 toggles, activates window, back and forth between App "A and "B"  So the hotkey is captured only when either App "A" or "B" is currently the active focus. and swaps the active focus application window.
                A hot key of CTRL-F2 from App "B", Send Key strokes to App "B" to place App "B" windows' content into windows clip board then switch to App "A" and send a keystroke, CTRL-F3, to trigger processing the clip board through App "A"'s normal event handlers.  App "A" already knows that CTRL-F3 means to run custom VBA code to process the clipboard.
      Any help would be appreciated here, thanks.  
    • By ur
      Which Powershell command in the PowerCLI module for VMware ESX used to interact with UI apps?

When I launch any exe/any exeutable using powercli on guest VM using powercli command.
      Invoke-VMScript, I am able to run them in the background but not in the foreground.

i.e., UI apps are not launching but showing the background as running in the task manager.

We need our UI Automation scripts to execute in the VM, but it is not working.

We are able to do in virtualbox and hyper-v but not in vmware esx using powercli.

Please suggest.