ur

How to check whether a file copied completely?

8 posts in this topic

There is a build machine in the network where it will automatically download the code from source repository and compile using visual studio and compresses the complete code in a zip file.

I have added a line at the end of the build script(written in python on that machine) to copy that zip file to my ESX Virtual machine.

Where I kept a AutoIT exe to wait for the zip file, once it is copied then I will extract the contents and find only the dll files in the extracted folder and do the Install creation using Installshield silently and copy the created setup files to anther machine.

I wrote the script till the setup files creation.

But now the problem is, when the zip file is copying through network, the autoit script is detecting it even the copy is still in progress and trying to extract the zip file and failing.

Even when I am checking whether the file in use is not working.

Any suggestion on how to check whether the copy is completed.?

FileGetSize to compare the size from thee network and the file on the machine. When they match the file is copied completely and can be extracted.

14 minutes ago, InunoTaishou said:

FileGetSize to compare the size from thee network and the file on the machine. When they match the file is copied completely and can be extracted.

We can't access the server machine shared folders as they are restricted, only our machines can e accessed through server machine, so I am copying the file from there itself to my machine.

Is there anyway to check in our machine itself instead of accessing the server machine?

How is your machine going to know everything is copied when it doesn't know big the file is supposed to be?

You could try adding another some more code on the machine sending the file to send to your machine that it's done when it's done copying. Open a TCP connection and send a finished value when it's done copying?

You could try

_WinAPI_FileInUse

It might return true if the file is being recognized as still downloading.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

One method that I have used, is to check the file size or modified time in a loop and when the value has not changed for a certain period of time, it should then be safe to assume that the download has completed.

Edited by Bowmore

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

On 11/20/2016 at 9:57 PM, Bowmore said:

One method that I have used, is to check the file size or modified time in a loop and when the value has not changed for a certain period of time, it should then be safe to assume that the download has completed.

Thanks Bowmore,I will try this approach.

If possible, can you please share that part of your code.

How about this?

You python script copies first the zip file, and then a 'token.txt' file... Your AutoIt script waits not for the zip, but instead for the txt file.

Logically, the txt can only be created/copied AFTER the zip file...

When the AutoIt script finds the txt, it now knows the zip must exist, deletes the txt (as a cleanup for the next cycle) and proceeds to process the zip...

This way everything will only start once the zip has been copied in full, without having the check Windows process etc.

-Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

This is the sort of thing I have used .

#include <FileConstants.au3>

Global $sFilepath = "P:\Users\Roy Kirby\Pictures\Africa 2002\01\2002-05_slide_02.tif"

; $stablefor  and $iTmeout values are in seconds
; use values appropriate for the time the file is expected to take to download or copy
If CheckFileIsStable($sFilepath, 30, 300) Then
    MsgBox(0, "CheckFile", $sFilepath & " - has been stable for at least 30 seconds so it has probably finished copying")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "CheckFile", $sFilepath & " - has not been stable for at least 30 seconds in the last 5 minutes so it has probably stil copying")
EndIf

Func CheckFileIsStable($sFilepath, $stablefor = 60, $iTmeout = 1800)
    Local $sPrevFileTime = "A"
    Local $sFileTime = ""
    Local $iPrevFileaize = -1
    Local $iFilesize = 0
    Local $bFileIsStable = False
    Local $iTimeoutTimer = TimerInit()

Do
        $iFilesize = FileGetSize($sFilepath)
        If @error = 0 Then
            $sFileTime = FileGetTime($sFilepath, $FT_MODIFIED, $FT_STRING)
            If @error = 0 Then
                If ($sPrevFileTime = $sFileTime) And ($iPrevFileaize = $iFilesize) Then
                    ; File has not changed since last check
                    $bFileIsStable = True
                Else
                    $sPrevFileTime = $sFileTime
                    $iPrevFileaize = $iFilesize
                    Sleep($stablefor * 1000)
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Until $bFileIsStable Or TimerDiff($iTimeoutTimer) > ($iTmeout * 1000)

Return $bFileIsStable

EndFunc   ;==>CheckFileIsStable

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• odaylton
      What makes DLL open the window (Open With ...)
      By odaylton
      Text translated from Portuguese by google - please apologize for any errors

Hello I would like to know how to open the window below
      The image is in Portuguese (my win XP)

It is usually opened by the user through the Explorer
      1) right mouse button
      2) Open with ...
      3) Choose Program ...
      4) This window lets you choose a program from the list or use the browse button.
      So I want this
      I want the user to choose a program from the list of installed programs on the machine.
      Please, if there is a simpler way to get the list of installed programs in Windows favor of me a clue ...
      Thanks in advance
    • queensoft
      Portable device (Android phone) - copy files
      By queensoft
      Connect Android phone > enable USB file transfer > go to My Computer, there's an icon, but no drive letter - this is normal.
      Open phone icon > go to Internal Storage > go to DCIM > copy all files and folders to computer.
      Now, I want a quick AutoIt script / windows batch to do this automatically.
      Get USB path with this - it works OK:
      #include <WinAPICom.au3> Global Const $sCLSID_PortableDeviceManager = "{0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3}" Global Const $sIID_IPortableDeviceManager = "{a1567595-4c2f-4574-a6fa-ecef917b9a40}" Global Const $sTagIPortableDeviceManager = "GetDevices hresult(ptr;dword*); RefreshDeviceList hresult(); " & _ "GetDeviceFriendlyName hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); GetDeviceDescription hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); " & _ "GetDeviceManufacturer hresult(wstr;wstr;dword*); GetDeviceManufacturer hresult(wstr;wstr;ptr;dword*dword*); " & _ "GetPrivateDevices hresult(ptr;dword*)" Global Enum $eDevID, $eDevName, $eDevManufacturer, $eDevDescription Local $aPnPDevices = GetPortableDevices() If IsArray($aPnPDevices) Then _ArrayDisplay($aPnPDevices) ;~ Success: Return 0 ;~ Failure: Return 2DArray [n][4] |;[n][0]$eDevID, [n][1]$eDevName, [n][2]$eDevManufacturer,[n][3] $eDevDescription Func GetPortableDevices() Local $aDevicesInfo[0][0] ;[n][0]$eDevID, [n][1]$eDevName, [n][2]$eDevManufacturer,[n][3] $eDevDescription Local $oPortableDeviceManager = 0 Local $SizeofArray = 0 Local $hr = 0x80004005 ;E_Fail Just to Initialized <0 Local $taPnPDeviceIDs = 0 Local $tName = 0 $oPortableDeviceManager = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_PortableDeviceManager, $sIID_IPortableDeviceManager, $sTagIPortableDeviceManager) If Not IsObj($oPortableDeviceManager) Then Return 0 If FAILED($oPortableDeviceManager.GetDevices(Null, $SizeofArray)) Then Return 0 If $SizeofArray < 1 Then Return 0 $taPnPDeviceIDs = DllStructCreate("ptr[" & $SizeofArray & "]") If FAILED($oPortableDeviceManager.GetDevices(DllStructGetPtr($taPnPDeviceIDs), $SizeofArray)) Then Return 0 ReDim $aDevicesInfo[$SizeofArray][4] For $i = 0 To $SizeofArray - 1 $tName = DllStructCreate("wchar[512]", DllStructGetData($taPnPDeviceIDs, 1, $i + 1)) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID] = DllStructGetData($tName, 1) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevName] = _GetFriendlyName($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevManufacturer] = _GetDeviceManufacturer($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevDescription] = _GetDeviceDescription($oPortableDeviceManager, $aDevicesInfo[$i][$eDevID]) $tName = 0 _WinAPI_CoTaskMemFree(DllStructGetData($taPnPDeviceIDs, 1, $i + 1)) Next Return $aDevicesInfo EndFunc ;==>GetPortableDevices Func _GetDeviceManufacturer($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" $oInterface.GetDeviceManufacturer($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetDeviceManufacturer Func _GetDeviceDescription($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceDescription($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetDeviceDescription Func _GetFriendlyName($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceFriendlyName($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetFriendlyName Func _GetProperty($oInterface, $PnPDeviceID) Local $sString = "" Local Const $Size = 128 $oInterface.GetDeviceFriendlyName($PnPDeviceID, $sString, 128) Return $sString EndFunc ;==>_GetProperty Func FAILED($hr) Return ($hr < 0) EndFunc ;==>FAILED Path looks like this:
      \\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33} I can open this in a Windows Explorer windows and it works ok.
      Now, search for files using AutoIt - does not work:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $f $f = _RecFileListToArray("\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}", "*.*", 0, 1, 1) _ArrayDisplay($f) ; Name...........: _RecFileListToArray ; Description ...: Lists files and\or folders in a specified path (Similar to using Dir with the /B Switch) ; Syntax.........: _RecFileListToArray($sPath[, $sFilter = "*"[, $iFlag = 0[, $iRecur = 0[, $iFullPath = 0]]]]) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - Path to generate filelist for. ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iFlag - Optional: specifies whether to return files folders or both ; |$iFlag=0 (Default) Return both files and folders ; |$iFlag=1 Return files only ; |$iFlag=2 Return Folders only ; $iRecur - Optional: specifies whether to search in subfolders ; |$iRecur=0 (Default) Do not search in subfolders ; |$iRecur=1 Search in subfolders ; $iFullPath - Optional: specifies whether to include initial path in result string ; |$iFullPath=0 (Default) Do not include initial path ; |$iFullPath=1 Include initial path ; Return values .: @Error - 1 = Path not found or invalid ; |2 = Invalid $sFilter ; |3 = Invalid $iFlag ; |4 = Invalid $iRecur ; |5 = Invalid $iFullPath ; |6 = No File/Folder Found ; Author ........: SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: 22 Jan 09 by Melba23 - added recursive search and full path options ; Remarks .......: The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows: ; $array[0] = Number of Files\Folders returned ; $array[1] = 1st File\Folder ; $array[2] = 2nd File\Folder ; $array[3] = 3rd File\Folder ; $array[n] = nth File\Folder ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; Yes ; ==================================================================================================== ;Special Thanks to Helge and Layer for help with the $iFlag update ; speed optimization by code65536 ;=============================================================================== Func _RecFileListToArray($sPath, $sFilter = "*", $iFlag = 0, $iRecur = 0, $iFullPath = 0) Local $asFileList[1], $sFullPath If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(1, 1, "") If StringRight($sPath, 1) <> "\" Then $sPath = $sPath & "\" If (StringInStr($sFilter, "\")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "/")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ":")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ">")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "<")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "|")) Or (StringStripWS($sFilter, 8) = "") Then Return SetError(2, 2, "") If Not ($iFlag = 0 Or $iFlag = 1 Or $iFlag = 2) Then Return SetError(3, 3, "") If Not ($iRecur = 0 Or $iRecur = 1) Then Return SetError(4, 4, "") If $iFullPath = 0 Then $sFullPath = $sPath ElseIf $iFullPath = 1 Then $sFullPath = "" Else Return SetError(5, 5, "") EndIf _FLTA_Search($sPath, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, $asFileList) If $asFileList[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(6, 6, "") Return $asFileList EndFunc ;==>_FileListToArray ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#================================================================================= ; Name...........: _FLTA_Search ; Description ...: Searches folder for files and then recursively searches in subfolders ; Syntax.........: _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, ByRef $asFileList) ; Parameters ....: $sStartFolder - Value passed on from UBound($avArray) ; $sFilter - As set in _FileListToArray ; $iFlag - As set in _FileListToArray ; $iRecur - As set in _FileListToArray ; $sFullPath - $sPath as set in _FileListToArray ; $asFileList - Array containing found files/folders ; Return values .: None ; Author ........: Melba23 based on code from _FileListToArray by SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: This function is used internally by _FileListToArray. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; ; ==================================================================================================== Func _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, ByRef $asFileList) Local $hSearch, $sFile If StringRight($sStartFolder, 1) <> "\" Then $sStartFolder = $sStartFolder & "\" ; First look for filtered files/folders in folder $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sStartFolder & $sFilter) If $hSearch > 0 Then While 1 $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop Switch $iFlag Case 0; Both files and folders If $iRecur And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop Case 1; Files Only If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop Case 2; Folders only If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") = 0 Then ContinueLoop EndSwitch If $iFlag = 1 And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") <> 0 Then ContinueLoop If $iFlag = 2 And StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") = 0 Then ContinueLoop _FLTA_Add($asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) WEnd FileClose($hSearch) ReDim $asFileList[$asFileList[0] + 1] EndIf If $iRecur = 1 Then ; Now look for subfolders $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sStartFolder & "*.*") If $hSearch > 0 Then While 1 $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sStartFolder & $sFile), "D") And ($sFile <> "." Or $sFile <> "..") Then ; If folders needed, add subfolder to array If $iFlag <> 1 Then _FLTA_Add($asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) ; Recursive search of this subfolder _FLTA_Search($sStartFolder & $sFile, $sFilter, $iFlag, $iRecur, $sFullPath, $asFileList) EndIf WEnd FileClose($hSearch) EndIf EndIf EndFunc ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#================================================================================= ; Name...........: _FLTA_Add ; Description ...: Searches folder for files and then recursively searches in subfolders ; Syntax.........: _FLTA_Add(ByRef $asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) ; Parameters ....: $asFileList - Array containing found files/folders ; $sFullPath - $sPath as set in _FileListToArray ; $sStartFolder - Value passed on from UBound($avArray) ; $sFile - Full path of file/folder to add to $asFileList ; Return values .: Function only changes $asFileList ByRef ; Author ........: Melba23 based on code from _FileListToArray by SolidSnake <MetalGX91 at GMail dot com> ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: This function is used internally by _FileListToArray. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........; ; Example .......; ; ==================================================================================================== Func _FLTA_Add(ByRef $asFileList, $sFullPath, $sStartFolder, $sFile) Local $sAddFolder $asFileList[0] += 1 If UBound($asFileList) <= $asFileList[0] Then ReDim $asFileList[UBound($asFileList) * 2] If $sFullPath = "" Then $sAddFolder = $sStartFolder Else $sAddFolder = StringReplace($sStartFolder, $sFullPath, "") EndIf $asFileList[$asFileList[0]] = $sAddFolder & $sFile EndFunc File copy using Autoit - does not work:
      FileCopy("\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}\Internal storage\DCIM\Camera MX\PHOTO_20161007_123935.jpg", 'd:\Diverse 2\654\0\') Copy using Windows batch - does not work:
      xcopy /Y /E "\\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_201d&mi_00#7&37c4bb9&0&0000#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}\Internal storage\DCIM\*.*" "d:\Diverse 2\654\0\"  
    • WannaBeGut
      While Runwait
      By WannaBeGut
      Hello,
      I just wrote a script that should copy data into my cloud using xcopy (cmd), but I want the Status Bar I have in my GUI to change it's text like that:
      working. -> working.. -> working... -> working. ...
      I would also like to make a button which interrupts xcopy (simply closing it should do the trick), but I don't know how to call ProcessClose("xcopy.exe") using a button, while I'am waiting for RunWait to finish.
      Example:
      $command = 'xcopy "' & @DesktopDir & '\text.txt"' & ' "\\ADMIN-CLOUD\private\" /EECHIY' $SW_STATE = @SW_HIDE RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & '"' & $command & '"', @DesktopDir, $SW_State) Please tell me if you need any further information! 
    • Lyee
      Copy text from source code
      By Lyee
      Hi guys, I'm currently making TypeRacer script.. ofc just for fun and I found text in source code but I dont know how to copy exact words.
      <span style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(153, 204, 0);" id="nhwMiddlegwt-uid-8">TEXT TEXT</span> Exactly "TEXT TEXT" I need to copy from that source code.
      I just have one difficult way how to do it. Copy this to notepad, count the letters to the word and then delete and same with "</span> but its a bit slowly and difficult..
      Have someone tip how to do it?
    • blumi
      TPM status with wmi
      By blumi
      I found a website where it is explained how to use wmi to check the tpm status of the tmp security chip.
      http://windowsitpro.com/security/checking-status-trusted-platform-module-command-line
      I tried this with autoit, but had no success.
      Anyone here who can give little support to me?
      Thanks
      #include <Array.au3> $ScriptName = "TPM Status" Dim $sResult $strComputer = "lapxxx" $objWMIService = ObjGet("wmic /namespace:\\.\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm") ;$objWMIService = ObjGet("wmic /namespace:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm") ;$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2") $colItems = $objWMIService.InstancesOf("Select * from Win32_Tpm") For $objItem In $colItems $IsActivated = $objItem.IsActivated_InitialValue $IsEnabled = $objItem.IsEnabled_InitialValue MsgBox(0, $ScriptName, "IsActivated: " & $IsActivated & @CRLF & _ "IsEnabled: " & $IsEnabled & @CRLF & _ "x: " ) Next $oMTpm = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2\Security\MicrosoftTpm") $oCol = $oMTpm.InstancesOf("Win32_Tpm") For $oObj In $oCol ConsoleWrite($oObj.IsActivated_InitialValue & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.IsEnabled_InitialValue & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.IsOwned_InitialValue & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.SpecVersion & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.ManufacturerVersion & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.ManufacturerVersionInfo & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.ManufacturerId & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($oObj.PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo & @CRLF) Next