Katie_Deely

Copying selected data from GUI Edit

2 posts in this topic

Hey :D

I have a GUI with an edit-field and a button.

First I write some text into the edit-field and select a part of it. After that I press the button, and the selection is edited.

How would I do that, though? When the text is selected and I press the button, it's unselected before the button actually raises an event. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• mpower
      By mpower
      Hi guys,
      So I am facing an issue with my Listview control flickering like crazy when using the Modern GUI UDF.
      I understand that the reson is because Listviews do not play nice with the $WS_EX_COMPOSITED extended style which is necessary to prevent the rest of the GUI components flickering on resizing.
      I am looking for suggestions on how I can overcome the flickering issue without having to remove the Listview header (as I need the header to allow column resizing and sorting).
      The reproducer is here and the lightly modified Modern GUI UDF is attached as a zip (I added $WS_CLIPCHILDREN and $WS_EX_COMPOSITED to the _Metro_CreateGUI() function in order to stop flickering of other controls like buttons/labels/toggles etc).
      ;!Highly recommended for improved overall performance and responsiveness of the GUI effects etc.! (after compiling): #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/so /rm /pe ;Required if you want High DPI scaling enabled. (Also requries _Metro_EnableHighDPIScaling()) #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=y #include-once #NoTrayIcon #include "MetroGUI-UDF\MetroGUI_UDF.au3" #include <GuiListView.au3> $gui = _Metro_CreateGUI("example", 800, 600, -1, -1, True) ;Add/create control buttons to the GUI $Control_Buttons = _Metro_AddControlButtons(True, True, True, True, False) ;CloseBtn = True, MaximizeBtn = True, MinimizeBtn = True, FullscreenBtn = True, MenuBtn = True ;Set variables for the handles of the GUI-Control buttons. (Above function always returns an array this size and in this order, no matter which buttons are selected. $GUI_CLOSE_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[0] $GUI_MAXIMIZE_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[1] $GUI_RESTORE_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[2] $GUI_MINIMIZE_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[3] $GUI_FULLSCREEN_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[4] $GUI_FSRestore_BUTTON = $Control_Buttons[5] ;====================================================================================================================================================================== $Button1 = _Metro_CreateButtonEx("Add new item(s)", 20, 20, 130, 50) $Button2 = _Metro_CreateButtonEx("Edit item(s)", 170, 20, 130, 50) $ListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 0, 86, 800, 400, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($ListView2, BitOR($LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_FLATSB)) For $i = 0 to 8 _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($ListView2, "col " &$i) Next _GUICtrlListView_SetBkColor($ListView2, 0xF3F3F3) _GUICtrlListView_SetTextBkColor($ListView2, 0xF3F3F3) ;Set resizing options for the controls so they don't change in size or position. This can be customized to match your gui perfectly for resizing. See AutoIt Help file. GUICtrlSetResizing($Button1, 768 + 2 + 32) GUICtrlSetResizing($Button2, 768 + 2 + 32) GUICtrlSetResizing($ListView2, 102) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 _Metro_HoverCheck_Loop($gui) ;This hover check has to be added to the main While loop, otherwise the hover effects won't work. $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg ;=========================================Control-Buttons=========================================== Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $GUI_CLOSE_BUTTON _Metro_GUIDelete($gui) ;Delete GUI/release resources, make sure you use this when working with multiple GUIs! Exit Case $GUI_MAXIMIZE_BUTTON GUISetState(@SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $GUI_RESTORE_BUTTON GUISetState(@SW_RESTORE) Case $GUI_MINIMIZE_BUTTON GUISetState(@SW_MINIMIZE) Case $GUI_FULLSCREEN_BUTTON, $GUI_FSRestore_BUTTON _Metro_FullscreenToggle($gui, $Control_Buttons) EndSwitch WEnd Any suggestions would be greately appreciated.
      Cheers!
      MetroGUI-UDF.zip
    • rootx
      By rootx
      someone made a modern Gui like windows 10 style. thx
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I was working on a script which read the content of a .ini file to retrieve the file that has to open, and, based on the value of a second key stored in the .ini file, set the window on top, minimized or maximized...
      I did something like this, but seems to not work properly...
      Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thank you  

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ;#include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioneIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioneIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioneIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MIN" ToolTip("MIN", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MAX" ToolTip("MAX", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "TOP" ToolTip("TOP", 0, 0) WinSetOnTop($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf And the .ini file is like this:

[CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE] PercorsoExe=Here goes the path and the .exe to execute ModalitaAperturaExe=Here goes one of the value below /* TOP Shows the windows on top */ /* MIN Shows the window minimized */ /* MAX Shows the window maximized */  
    • antonioj84
      By antonioj84
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include "GUIExtender.au3" $hGUI = GUICreate("Move Example", 250, 230) GUICtrlCreateGroup(" Choose Orientation ", 10, 10, 230, 80) $cRadio_Horz = GUICtrlCreateRadio(" Horizontal ", 20, 30, 100, 20) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED) $cRadio_Vert = GUICtrlCreateRadio(" Vertical ", 20, 60, 100, 20) GUICtrlCreateGroup(" Choose Move Style ", 10, 100, 230, 110) $cRadio_0 = GUICtrlCreateRadio(" Fix Left ", 20, 120, 100, 20) $cRadio_1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio(" Fix Centre ", 20, 150, 100, 20) $cRadio_2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio(" Fix Right ", 20, 180, 100, 20) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cRadio_Horz GUICtrlSetData($cRadio_0, " Fix Left ") GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_0, $GUI_UNCHECKED) GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_1, $GUI_UNCHECKED) GUICtrlSetData($cRadio_2, " Fix Right ") GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_2, $GUI_UNCHECKED) Case $cRadio_Vert GUICtrlSetData($cRadio_0, " Fix Top ") GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_0, $GUI_UNCHECKED) GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_1, $GUI_UNCHECKED) GUICtrlSetData($cRadio_2, " Fix Bottom ") GUICtrlSetState($cRadio_2, $GUI_UNCHECKED) Case $cRadio_0 _Create_GUI(0) Case $cRadio_1 _Create_GUI(1) Case $cRadio_2 _Create_GUI(2) EndSwitch WEnd Func _Create_GUI($iMove) Local $sTitle Switch $iMove Case 0 If GUICtrlRead($cRadio_Horz) = 1 Then $sTitle = "Fixed Left" Else $sTitle = "Fixed Top" EndIf Case 1 $sTitle = "Fixed Centre" Case 2 If GUICtrlRead($cRadio_Horz) = 1 Then $sTitle = "Fixed Right" Else $sTitle = "Fixed Bottom" EndIf EndSwitch GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hGUI) $hGUI_Ex = GUICreate($sTitle, 500, 500) If GUICtrlRead($cRadio_Horz) = 1 Then _GUIExtender_Init($hGUI_Ex, 1, $iMove) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, 0, 250) _GUIExtender_Section_Activate($hGUI_Ex, 2, "", "", 220, 10, 20, 20) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, 250, 250) GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 250, 0, 250, 500) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFCCCC) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, -99) Else _GUIExtender_Init($hGUI_Ex, 0, $iMove) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, 250, 0) _GUIExtender_Section_Activate($hGUI_Ex, 2, "", "", 470, 220, 20, 20) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, 250, 250) GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 250, 500, 250) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFCCCC) _GUIExtender_Section_Create($hGUI_Ex, -99) EndIf _GUIExtender_Section_Action($hGUI_Ex, 2, False) GUISetState() While 1 $aMsg = GUIGetMsg(1) Switch $aMsg[0] Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) GUIDelete($hGUI_Ex) _GUIExtender_Clear($hGUI_Ex) ExitLoop EndSwitch _GUIExtender_EventMonitor($aMsg[1], $aMsg[0]) ; Check for click on Action control WEnd EndFunc I am trying to implement 2 side window toggle hide and show with 2 different menu.  can someone give me some direction  thanks

• ur
      By ur
      if ControlClick("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]"," ","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") Then $htreeview=ControlGetHandle($hwnd,"","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The above code worked well to enable the martupgrade feature on windows 7.
      As part of our Installation Testing Automation before delivering the installer to end user.To confirm whether all the screens are working good.

But it is not working on windows 10.

$h= ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The $h is getting value 1,which means error.