Katie_Deely

Copying selected data from GUI Edit

2 posts in this topic

Hey :D

I have a GUI with an edit-field and a button.

First I write some text into the edit-field and select a part of it. After that I press the button, and the selection is edited.

How would I do that, though? When the text is selected and I press the button, it's unselected before the button actually raises an event. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ronaldo97
      By ronaldo97
      Hello How can I make the GUI is compatible with all screen sizes ??  
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 623, 445, 192, 124, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_MAXIMIZE)) GUISetBkColor(0x1E1E1E) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Welcome Back !!", 424, 64, 161, 29) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 16, 400, 0, "Tahoma") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x800000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd How do I make Gui interface compatible with all screen sizes ?? 800*600
      1024*768
      1280*1024
    • caramen
      By caramen
      Hello Guys,
      I am trying to make a screenshoot copy it to clipboard and paste it into a word document i want to do that to simplify my procedures création. 

I am trying to use the way of sending Keys "^c" & "^v" i tryed also CTRLDOWN and c but no one of these is working. 

First question :
      Why that's not working? 
      Is there anyother way i can work with ?

I watched the help file for FileCopy but it s only moving Files and not copy them. 

Maybe you can see somthing going wrong in my script but i guess it s not a syntax problem. 
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> HotKeySet("{F2}", "Capture") HotKeySet("{F3}", "Windows") HotKeySet("{F4}", "Copy") Global $Numero = 0 Attendre () Capture() Func Capture() ; Capture full screen $Numero = $Numero+1 _ScreenCapture_Capture (@DesktopDir & "\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg") ShellExecute( @DesktopDir &"\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg") Sleep (500) Run("C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /Select, /n,/e," & @DesktopDir & "\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg" ) WinWaitActive("ScreenCapture") Sleep(1500) Send("^c") ;~ Send ("{CTRLDOWN}") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("C") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("{CTRLUP}") EndFunc ;==>Example Func Windows () Global $Windows = WinGetTitle("[active]") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Windows", "Windows selected for copy is : "&@CRLF&$Windows) EndFunc Func Copy () WinActivate (""&$Windows) Sleep (100) Send("^v") ;~ Send ("{CTRLDOWN}") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("V") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("{CTRLUP}") EndFunc Func Attendre () While 1 Sleep (10) ;~ GUICreate ("Help",100,100) WEnd EndFunc  
    • Genotypek
      By Genotypek
      Hello.
      I've got a problem. I want to center my input vertically, but I don't have any single idea how to do it.
      There's my example code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> $GUI = GUICreate("Gui", 237, 93, 192, 124) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Center vertically isn't correct", 16, 16, 201, 62) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd What could I do?
      Greetings, "genotypek".
    • argv1
      By argv1
      Hi,
      working on my first autoit GUI an got some questions.
      Is it possible to get an action on the first menu level
      For example:
      $StartMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Datei") ... while 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $StartMenu MsgBox(0, "Test", "yes this works") (currently this does not work for me)
      Currently I have to create GUICtrlCreateMenuItem 's this will leed to a result

And a 2nd question. I saw many time this:
      $StartMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Datei") For what does I need the ampersand? If I leave out the & nothing seems to change

Thank you very much in advance

• Blueman
      By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      I am Struggling with a issue that i cannot seem to fix.
      I hope that you guys can help me with this.
      I have a GUI with some text attributes, for all i use the following code;
      $Label_ts_Header = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Manual Adress", 60, 10, 500, 50) GUICtrlSetBkColor($Label_ts_Header, $COLOR_WHITE) GUICtrlSetFont ($Label_ts_Header, 26, 800, 0, "Calibri") This is all working like it should, but when i activate the GUI on another pc the text size is bigger and the GUI size is somewhat smaller.
      The problem is that it isn't on all computers, i can't seem to find the problem,..
      If i make it fit on one pc it is to small on another or to big,..
      What am i doing wrong?

Is there some kind of attribute that i need to add to the top of my script to normalize text sizes in the script?

Thanks!

EDIT: Found the problem guys, some computers has changed the text size to 125% // Can i force 100% for my GUI somehow ?

EDIT2: Fixed it guys! // I used the Function Below to get the DPI Setting and used that to determine the text size (example below)

Func _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio($iDPIDef = 96) _GDIPlus_Startup() Local $hGfx = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(0) If @error Then Return SetError(1, @extended, 0) Local $aResult #forcedef $__g_hGDIPDll, $ghGDIPDll $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0) If @error Then Return SetError(2, @extended, 0) Local $iDPI = $aResult[2] Local $aresults[2] = [$iDPIDef / $iDPI, $iDPI / $iDPIDef] _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Return $aresults EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio  
      $Label_S2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Data from The Base", 10, 300, 400, 20) GUICtrlSetBkColor($Label_S2, $COLOR_WHITE) GUICtrlSetFont ($Label_S2, 13 * _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()[0])