Sign in to follow this  
corgano

[Solved] Issues with _SQLite_Startup()

corgano

I have a script working on a windows 7, 64 bit OS that uses SQLite. I went to transfer to to my laptop so i could work on it while on the go, but it's not running on my laptop (Windows 10, 64 bit). The script / autoit is configured to compile and run as x86 for compatibility's sake, via the option during autoit setup.

Here is the minimal code to reproduce my problem:

#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

;Without this, downloading fails
HttpSetUserAgent("Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0")

If @CPUArch = "x86" and Not FileExists("sqlite3.dll") then
    InetGet("https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/pkgmgr/sqlite/sqlite3.dll", @ScriptDir&"\sqlite3.dll")
    ConsoleWrite("Error = "&@error&@CRLF)
EndIf
If @CPUArch = "x64" and Not FileExists("sqlite3_x64.dll") then
    InetGet("https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/pkgmgr/sqlite/sqlite3_x64.dll", @ScriptDir&"\sqlite3_x64.dll")
    ConsoleWrite("Error = "&@error&@CRLF)
EndIf
_SQLite_Startup()
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error "&@error, "SQLite3.dll Can't be Loaded!")
    ConsoleWrite("https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/pkgmgr/sqlite/sqlite3_x64.dll"&@CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(@ScriptDir&"\sqlite3_x64.dll"&@CRLF)
    Exit -1
EndIf

Downloading works, files are downlaoded to @scriptdir properly. However no matter what I do with _SQLite_Startup() it fails with @error = 1. I've tried explicitly telling it to use both versions of the dll as well as leaving it to choose for itself and nothing works. Help?

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

corgano

2 hoursof trial and error, came back to ask for help
literally 8 minutes later I found the solution

The dll I had already in the folder was corrupt.

Deleted thedll's, just used the 32 bit one, and everything worked

This thread could be deleted with no loss to humanity. I am a complete idiot.

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      In my recent project I'm downloading a bunch of data, so I decided to store it in a SQLite database. NOTE: I'm using sqlite3_x64.dll
      Everything is working just fine but I'm struggling with getting the Median value. SQLite has an Average function but not a Median one.
      I googled but all of the provided solutions are way above my pay-grade. After some more searching I found 'extension-functions.c' on the SQLite site where Median is included. After almost an hour of struggling I was able to successfully compile it into a DLL.
      So I downloaded @jchd's SQLiteExtLoad.au3 as seen here:
      But I'm getting these errors:
      "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : warning: $g_hDll_SQLite: possibly used before declaration. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : error: $g_hDll_SQLite: undeclared global variable. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ So I tried, copying the function to my file and changing the DLL variable ($g_hDll_SQLite) directly to the DLL location (C:\...\.. .dll), but now this error fires
      If __SQLite_hChk($hConn, 1) Then Return SetError(@error, 0, $SQLITE_MISUSE) To be honest, I don't know what to use as the $hConn - handle of connection.
      I would appreciate any help, be it getting the median using SQLite queries or getting the DLL extension loaded using AutoIt.
      Thanks, S.

EDIT: well, I suspect the $hConn variable refers to the return value of the _SQLite_Open function. Well, at least now _SQLite_EnableExtensions doesn't give errors. Now I run into problems with _SQLite_LoadExtension, which gives error -1, and extended 1. Apparently the 1 constant is a generic error where other error do not apply.
      BTW, anybody knows whether I need to compile the extension DLL "into" x64 when I use a x64 SQLite? That might be the problem...

EDIT2: I recompiled the dll and tried it using the SQLite3.exe and it works, so I'm confident the extension DLL has been created correctly

• AdamUL
      By AdamUL
      I have been testing AutoIt 3.3.14.3 with SQLite, and the Help File examples.  The examples that I have tested are throwing errors or not doing anything.  I have sqlite3.dll, sqlite3_x64.dll, and sqlite3.exe in the directories with the testing script.  I am copying the examples directly from the help file into a test script for testing with no edits.  The _SQLite_GetTable2d example is returning an error ("Library used incorrectly") with each _SQLite_Exec command.  The _SQLite_FastEncode example returns an empty dialog box.  The _SQLite_Exec example only prints out the SQLite version, and nothing else in the SciTE console.  Currently, I'm still searching for what is causing this issue.  I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Is anyone else having this issue?  

Adam

• Burgs
      By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I have SQLite setup within my AutoIT program...I'm trying to accomplish what should be a relatively simple task.  I want to be able to return an array of 'table' names for an established database...I believe this might be possible using the '_SQLite_SQLiteExe' command...since it seems to be able to access SQLite schemas...?  The ".tables" command is one of them...if I am not mistaken that command returns a list of all table names in the active database.
        I am attempting the following:
      #include <SQLite.au3> #include <SQLite.dll.au3> Global $hDb, $sIn, $sOut ... $sIn = ".tables" & @CRLF _SQLite_SQLiteExe($hDb, $sIn, $sOut) if @error == 0 Then ;Show Table (using SQLite3.dll) Else if @error == 2 Then ConsoleWrite("ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found" & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("ERROR: @error=" & @error & " when calling _SQLite_SQLiteExe" & @CRLF) EndIf ;@error is "2"...OR NOT... EndIf ;@error is "0"...OR NOT... ...   The error being thrown is "ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found" ...
        Am I required to have the Sqlite3.exe installed in my directory (i.e. @ScriptsDir)...???  I do not have it in there at present because I did not believe it was necessary with the 'include' calls to "SQLite.au3" and "SQLite.dll.au3"...any advice appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 
      Regards

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening guys
      I am working on a little project, in which I have to retrieve 8000+ rows of data from a table, from a SQLite database, to populate a combobox 
      This is what I tried 'til now, but it still takes about 12 seconds to populate the combobox.
      _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "BEGIN TRANSACTION;") If _SQLite_GetTable($objDatabase, "SELECT DISTINCT Comune FROM LISTA_COMUNI;", $arrRisultatoQuery, $intRighe, $intColonne) = $SQLITE_OK Then For $i = 2 To UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 If $i < UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 Then GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i] & "|") Else GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i]) EndIf Next _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "COMMIT;") Are there any other solution to retrieve 8000+ records from a SQLite database?
      Thank you very much  
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I am working on a script which read from a text file ( .txt ) and should import all the content in a SQLite3 DB, in order to execute some queries that should be difficult to execute on a text file.
      So, I was looking for something very very fast, because the file could be very large ( I don't know exaclty how much can became big, but I know a lot of rows, it's a log file ... )
      I found the "Import method", but I don't know If I can implement it in a query ( @jchd, it's your turn!  )
      Do you know some methods that I can implement in my script to have a very very fast import of thousands and thousands rows in a SQLite3 DB?
      Thanks a lot
      Francesco

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.