taylansan

[Solved] IE drop down list elements

taylansan

Hi All, 

I have a question related to _IEFormElementOptionSelect in the reference file. This drop down contains three items; Homepage, Midipage, Freepage. 

How can I get the name of these items? If I use .innertext, in another drop down list contains spaces, so I cannot split them. 

; Open a browser with the form example, get reference to form, get reference
; to select element, cycle 10 times selecting options byValue, byText and byIndex

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form")
Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "ExampleForm")
Local $oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "selectExample")
_IEAction($oSelect, "focus")
For $i = 1 To 10
    _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "Freepage", 1, "byText")
    Sleep(10)
    _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "midipage.html", 1, "byValue")
    Sleep(10)
    _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, 0, 1, "byIndex")
    Sleep(10)
Next

_IEQuit($oIE)

;== Question ==
$aItems = StringSplit($oSelect.innerText, " ")
For $i = 1 To $aItems[0] - 1
    ConsoleWrite("Item-" & $i & ": " & $aItems[$i] & @CRLF)
Next

Edited by taylansan
Modified the title as solved

TY.

Subz

Wasn't 100% sure what you were after maybe something like this?

#include <IE.au3>

_IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "Freepage", 1, "byText")
    ConsoleWrite("Selected: " & _IEFormElementGetValue($oSelect) & @CRLF)

Local $oOptions = _IETagNameGetCollection($oSelect, "Option")
For $oOption In $oOptions
    ConsoleWrite($oOption.InnerText & @CRLF)
Next

• Like 2

Danp2

Here's one way --

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oOptions = _IETagNameGetCollection($oSelect, 'option')

For $oOption In $oOptions
    ConsoleWrite("Option: " & $oOption.value & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("Option: " & $oOption.innertext & @CRLF)
Next

• Like 1

taylansan

Thanks both, that solves my question. 

TY.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• seryth
      By seryth
      I have a script that opens some Excel books that  are stored in SharePoint .  Without getting to much into detail as its a very long story I have to open Internet Explorer to the SP site in order for all of this crap to work. 

Anyway I have a bit of code in my script that i found via google-fu
      $ieList = ProcessList("iexplore.exe") If IsArray($ieList) Then For $I = 1 To Ubound($ieList) -1 ProcessWaitClose($ieList[$I][1]) Next EndIf Exit Now on Windows 7 this bit works great.  On Windows Server 2012 R2 where this things runs is another story.  I need to be able to force close all instances of Internet explorer that are running as part of my code. 

Any help is appreciated. 
    • Joro
      By Joro
      Hi,
      I'm struggeling with the following:
      In a website I have to fill in several items. For the normal fields I am able to fill in the information by using UDF "_IEGetObjByName".
      But there is also a dropdown menu and I can't figure out how to choose te right information from it. I have searched the helpfile and the forum but I can't figure it out.
      Here's an excerpt  from the html-page of the site where the dropdown-menu is mentioned:
      <div class="col-md-10 padding-5">
       <div class="btn-group m-r">
        <input type="hidden" name="bedrijfId" class="bedrijfId" value="">
                  <button type="button" data-toggle="dropdown" class="btn btn-sm btn-default dropdown-toggle" >
                       <span class="dropdown-label">Choose Company</span>
                       <span class="caret"></span>
                  </button>
                        <ul class="dropdown-menu dropdown-select" >
                             <li  data-value="2" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 1</a></li>
                             <li  data-value="38" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 2</a></li>
                             <li  data-value="42" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 3</a></li>
                        </ul>
          </div>
      </div>

How do I select one of the companies from the dropdown menu?
      Thanks
      Joost
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      usually I do Win automations, so I have no skills at all to handle HTML forms :-/
      The script to catch and syntax check  the required information from Excel is done.
      Now I'd like to automate the upload using this form, too:

http://flashcardsdeluxe.com/flashcards/Upload.aspx
      What browser is easiest to do so? (IE, Chrome, FF) The Values $DeckCode, $DeckName, $DeckDefinition shall go to their HTML form fields finally "click" the button "upload flashcards" <table width="70%" class="cssCenter" border="0"> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Code</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckCode" type="text" id="ctlDeckCode" style="width:50%;" /> (no spaces allowed)</td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Name</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckName" type="text" id="ctlDeckName" style="width:50%;" /> (optional)</td> <td style="width: 1%" align="right"><input type="submit" name="ctlUpload" value="Upload Flashcards" id="ctlUpload" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding-top: 5px" >Flashcard&nbsp;Text</td> <td colspan="2"><textarea name="ctlFlashcardText" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctlFlashcardText" style="height:280px;width:100%;"></textarea></td> </tr> </table> If someone kindly could jump in showing how to address just one of the input fields and how to "click" the "upload flashcards" button, I should be able to do the rest myself.
      TIA, Rudi.

• Pere
      By Pere
      Hi all,
      I've written the script below to automatically login to a website, in this case infusionsoft.com
      The auto login works fine. Is there a way for me to get errors from Internet explorer, if the login fails because of wrong login credentials. I have searched around, but cannot make sense of this.
      Please forgive me if I have overlooked something simple. I am new to autoit. Please see my script below.
      #include <IE.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Func AccountAutoLogin()
         ;This line sets the website page to open and inject information
         Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://signin.infusionsoft.com/login")
         ;set the variables to pull the username and password object names
         Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "username")
         Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "password")
         ;set the $oButtons variable to pull all the values of the button class
         Local $oButtons = _IETagnameGetCollection($oIE, "button")
         ;set the username and password values on the login form
         _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "")
         _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "")
         ; loop through the button class until we find the text on the login button, then click the button
         For $oButton in $oButtons
            If String($oButton.value) = " Log In " Then $test = $oButtons
               _IEAction($oButton, "click")
               _IELoadWait($oIE)
               if (@error) then MsgBox (0, "Error", @error)
            ExitLoop
         Next
      EndFunc
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have a workplace GUI that has a search field function that pulls up customer records to allow changes. I am attempting to 1)LOGIN 2)Enter Search field, enter a number and then {ENTER} 3)change specific field once customer record loads. I have very limited experience in GUI manipulation but I am able to login using the below:
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/ASAG/index.htm') Call ("RacksheetSignIn") Func RacksheetSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/RackSheets/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc However I can't seem to use the _IEGetObjByName or Mouseclick to focus on the search field to allow me to enter my search criteria. When I "inspect element" in the Search field I get the attached:

Any help would be MUCH appreciated