Sanchopanza888

Winkill

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi guys,

i expect you're ok. i need your help. i need to kill or close a window but when i use winkill n put a part of the name it does not work, i had to put the exactly the beginning of the name in order to work. anybody know how to replace the the name with a variable or date to kill the window?

The scrip is the following

winkill("15_05_2017")

thanks in advance

window.jpg

#2 ·  Posted

Take a look at ProcessClose in the help file, you can kill the process rather than closing the window (assuming you don't have multiple Excel files open).

1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted

5 hours ago, Sanchopanza888 said:

part of the name it does not work,

try?

WinKill("[Class:XLMAIN]", "15_05_2017")

1 person likes this

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

i had to put the exactly the beginning of the name in order to work

Take a look on the WinTitleMatchMode option. I think that's what you're looking for.

Usage:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $iMode)
; or (alias):
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", $iMode)

Where $iMode is:

• 1 = (default) Match the title from the start (my notes: this is why you had to put the exact begining of the window name)
  • 2 = Match any substring in the title (perhaps this is not what you want? or even a case insensitive one: -2)
  • 3 = Exact title match
  • 4 = Advanced mode (retained for backwards compatibility only - see Window Titles & Text (Advanced))
  • -1 to -4 = Case insensitive match according to the other type of match.
Edited by Jefrey
1 person likes this

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

#5 ·  Posted

it works, thanks for your time :)