kawliga751

schtasks to run script at set time every weekday

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

I am attempting to run an Autoit.exe with schtasks every weekday @ 9:05 am.

I have the below

C:\>SchTasks /Create /TN "P10Run" /TR "O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3" /SC WEEKLY /D MON,
TUE,WED,THU,FRI /ST 09:05:00
SUCCESS: The scheduled task "P10Run" has successfully been created.

I also did a "test" run :

C:\>Schtasks /Run /TN "P10Run
SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "P10Run".

But when I run my query to verify success my "Last Result" seems to indicate that the script did not run:

C:\>SCHTASKS /QUERY /FO LIST /V /TN "P10RUN"

Folder: \
HostName:                             xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TaskName:                             \P10RUN
Next Run Time:                        N/A
Logon Mode:                           Interactive only
Last Run Time:                        6/14/2017 9:08:56 AM
Last Result:                          -2147024894
Author:                               xxxxxxx
Task To Run:                          O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3
Start In:                             N/A
Comment:                              N/A
Scheduled Task State:                 Enabled
Idle Time:                            Disabled
Power Management:                     Stop On Battery Mode, No Start On Batterie
s
Run As User:                          xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx
Delete Task If Not Rescheduled:       Enabled
Stop Task If Runs X Hours and X Mins: 72:00:00
Schedule:                             Scheduling data is not available in this f
ormat.
Schedule Type:                        Weekly
Start Time:                           9:05:00 AM
Start Date:                           6/14/2017
End Date:                             N/A
Days:                                 MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI
Months:                               Every 1 week(s)
Repeat: Every:                        Disabled
Repeat: Until: Time:                  Disabled
Repeat: Until: Duration:              Disabled
Repeat: Stop If Still Running:        Disabled

C:\>

Is there something missing in my command? Also is there a better way to make sure that the script does in fact sun successfully?

Thanks In Advance! 

#2 ·  Posted

As far as confirming your script runs as it should (or doesn't), why not use the Windows standard and write out to the Event Viewer? There are a ton of examples throughout the forum for doing so.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• e45678mail
      By e45678mail
      Hi~
      I have some question about how to enable the test mode via "Run" or "shellexecute" of command,
      was to tried :
      -----
      Run("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      and
      shellexecute("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      -----
      since this command must to run through administrator competence,
      have any method can accomplish it?

• Eggsplorer
      By Eggsplorer
      Hi,
      Ich hab ein Script für Windows Updates, dass nach dem OOBE aufgerufen werden soll. Run/RunOnce ist daher nicht möglich.
      Stattdessen möchte ich das Script in den Autostart schreiben lasse. Wenn die OOBE beendet wird und der Administrator angemeldet wird, soll das Update-Script einmalig aufgerufen werden und sich anschl. selbst löschen.
      Lang rede, kurzer Sinn:
      Wie kann ich folgendes Script in den Autostart schreiben?
      RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File C:\UA\Scripts\win-updates.ps1 -MaxUpdatesPerCycle 100 -RestartRequired 1", "") Ich würde ungern eine BAT oder EXE reinkopieren, da ich es unsauber finde. Die müsste ja auch zusätzlich irgendwo liegen.
      Danke
      Eggsplorer
    • BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.
      From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.
      However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?
      Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "") msgbox(0,"",$iPid) Thank you,
      Brian
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I worked a bit on a little project of mine, and I managed to do what I was trying to do, or, automate a quiz in AutoIt.
      Now, everything works fine but, in order to achieve what I'm trying to achive, I'd like to make this script run faster.
      I'll attach a portion of the code in order to let you understand what my script does.
      $objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1") ; Take the text of the answer If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura degli h1 nella pagina. - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF) Else For $objElement In $objIE_h1 $strInnerText = $objElement.innerText Next Select Case StringInStr($strInnerText, "QUESTION") ; Here is the question ; PS4 PRO $objSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "span") ; Answers are stored here For $objElement In $objSpans If $i >= 4 Then $strAnswer = $objElement.innerText ; Take the text of the answer n° 0, 1, 2, 3 If StringInStr($strAnswer, "CORRECT ANSWER") Then ; If I match the correct answer, then, I have to click on the input with answer id = answer_i $j = $i - 4 $objInput = _IEGetObjById($objIE, "answer_" & $j) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura della risposta #" & $i & " - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF) Else _IEAction($objInput, "click") If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante il click sull'elemento. - Errore: " & @error) Else ConsoleWrite($j & ") Risposta: " & $strAnswer & @CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf EndIf EndIf $i+=1 Else $i+=1 EndIf Next $i = 0 $j = 0 This is what my script does.
      Questions are 20, in which I have 15 multiple choice question, 2 images ( on which I use _IEImgClick() ), and 3 text inputs ( a simple send with the text I have to enter ).
      How can I make all of these, faster?
      If I reach this goal, I've probably done one of my best goals in life, and I'd like to share my happiness with you, giving a huge donation to this fantastic community!
      Thanks for your help
    • au3leecher
      By au3leecher
      Hellow everybody,
      I tryed to manipulate a game called "Assault Cube" which is a easy beginning in coding. I run the code but the wished value doesn't change, i don't understand why.
      The Pointers are fine, I checked that the pointers don't change every time while restart the game.
      My Code:
      <snip>
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Checklist:
      The Offsets are 18C & 4
      In Cheat Engine: ("ac_client.exe"+0010F418) <- Pointer
      4 Bytes = 'dword'