anthonyjr2

WinActivate keeps opening a new tab

On 6/17/2017 at 12:23 AM, anthonyjr2 said:

I have come across a weird issue that I am not sure how to solve. For some reason, whenever I call WinActivate in certain scenarios instead of opening the single window that already exists, it will create a new blank tab. It should be able to be recreated with this:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

Sleep(1000)

For $i=0 To 10
    WinActivate("Internet Explorer")
Next

I am not actually doing this in my code, it is just to demonstrate the fact that new tabs keep popping up. Does anyone know why this happens?

EDIT: So I am not sure how reproducible this is, because it only happens every once in a while for me. I will update with more info if I find out anything.

I tried your given code and sure enough, found the bug you described,

However, I tried the following modification which seems to have solved the bug for me

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
For $i=0 To 10
    WinActivate("Notepad++")
    Sleep(100)
Next

FYI, I edit the autoit code in Notepad++ and run it directly from a shortcut called "Shell execute current file".

But, however, if you change the above code to 

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
For $i=0 To 10
    WinActivate("Notepad++")
    Sleep(100)
Next

the bug reappears in almost 100% of the attempts. Maybe there's a clue here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By moimon
      Hi all. 
      Sorry if my words are confusing because I am not good at English.
      I am writing code to embed website with Recaptcha in GUI. And then, the code will automatically press the "I'm not a robot" button. The problem here is:
         - The code still works fine when entering iFrame to interact with Recaptcha with the URL is "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo"
      <snip>

- But for other URLs (such as "https://recaptcha-demo.appspot.com/recaptcha-v2-checkbox.php"), the code cannot be entered into the iframe.

Code:
      <snip>  
      I did a lot of research but didn't know why.
       I sincerely thanks for the help. 
    • By SkysLastChance
      I am pretty sure the site that I am using was updated and now I am not seeing the same tags/elements that I used to. I tried using a UIAspy to see if I could grab them that way with no luck. 
      What do I need to do to be able to automate this again. Are the elements hidden somewhere?
      Instead of highlighting established account is highlights all of the web page almost. How can I get to the detail again? 
      I used to grab establish account by the name. Now I have nothing to even try to grab. 
      There are not elements in the event viewer either. 

This is what happens when I try to inspect the element and click established account. 
      I get the same type of results in chrome
    • By yffulf
      Is there probably a way to click ie popup button and hide or invisible popup button in the same time?
      I try to use WinSetState @SW_hide ,
      the result is ie crashing or no response because button hide and the next click command won't work...
      $oForm=_IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"form1") $obutton=_IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm,"btn_OK") $hWnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") _IEAction($obutton,"focus") ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}") WinWait("", "確定存檔嗎?") WinSetState("","確定存檔嗎?",@SW_Hide) ControlClick("", "確定存檔嗎?", "[CLASS:Button; TEXT:確定; Instance:1;]")  
    • By _leo_
      Hey there!
      I am having a problem with clicking a button in IE. As you can see in the code, there would be a class name to click it, but since this button exists several times with exactly the same code, I can only use the "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" to separate it from the others. But this part is just pure text without any classification. 
      "<div class="checkmark" data-v-1e5b1f70=""><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" class="icon" viewBox="0 0 16 16" data-v-1e5b1f70=""><circle cx="8" cy="8" r="8" data-v-1e5b1f70="" /></svg></div>Noch nicht veröffentlicht"
      I was trying to click it with:
      #include <IE.au3> local $oNNVs = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE2) For $oNNV in $oNNVs If String($oNNV.innertext) = "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" Then _IEAction($oNNV, "click") EndIf Next and:
      $inputs = $oIE2.document.getElementsByTagName("div") For $input In $inputs If $input.innertext == "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" then $input.click() EndIf Next But nothing seems to work. Thanks for the help!
    • By TXTechie
      Hello Everyone,
      I'm looking for a way to use an already open Internet Explorer (IE) window (if one is up and running) and then navigate to a new URL in a new IE tab.
      I thought that _IECreate would easily meet my needs. However, when I use the following script:
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("https://" & $Server & ":8444/", 1, 1, 0, 1) ...with one or more open IE windows, it still opens yet a new IE window.
      Are there any other ideas for how to reliably use an already open IE windows and then how to open a new tab in IE to navigate to a new URL?
      Regards,
      TX Techie