Now with the example

#include <easy_listView_functions.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
 Local $idListview

GUICreate("ListView Get Item Checked State", 1000, 700)
 $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 50, 30, 250, 120, 50)
 _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($idListview, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))

; Add items
$item1 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("item1", $idListview)
$item2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("item2", $idListview)
_listview_Checke($idListview, "item1")
$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("&read", 100, 150, 50, 50)
$btn2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("&if checked", 100, 200, 100, 50)
 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while 1
switch GUIGetMSG()
case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
 GUIDelete()
exit
case $btn
$read = _ListView_read($idListView)
if $read then
msgBox(0, "read listview", $read)
else
msgBox(0, "read listview", "no text ditected")
endIf
case $btn2
if _isListviewChecked($idListView, "item1") then
msgBox(0, "get", "the item is checked")
else
msgBox(0, "get", "the item isn't checked")
endIf

endSwitch
wend
EndFunc   ;==>Example

easy_listView_functions.au3

Edited by JLogan3o13
Added Code Formatting

There are already functions for these actions, but thanks

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText (use the second parameter for the index but GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($ListView1) is probably quicker)

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked()

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemChecked()

Just looked at the UDF and noticed you specify the item by text, so they are different to the AutoIt ones :thumbsup:

Edited by benners
Update

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Stew
      (Edited from original.  Please note that I AM NOT AN AUTOIT EXPERT.  I write code using Autoit frequently but I am no expert, especially when it comes to I/O.  So any remarks that start with "Why did you..." can be answered by referring to the first sentence.  This project was done in Autoit because of an interface I built to display the data.)
      Attached is a program and ascii input file I wrote to read stock price data, convert it to binary and then read it back into the program in binary.  The goal was to show increased performance for reading the files in binary and provide a demo on how to read/write binary for int32, int64, double and strings for anyone who might find it helpful.  The results on my PC show the following:
      Time to read ascii file only: 456.981951167202
      Ascii read & process time: 6061.83075631701
      Binary write file time: 14787.9184635239
      Time just to read binary file: 42.418867292311
      Binary read and process time: 4515.16129830537
      A couple things to note:
      1) The 32 MB ascii file took 10x longer to read than the 15 MB binary file.  Not entirely sure why.  Both were read into a buffer.
      2) The Binary write takes a long time but I made no effort to optimize this because the plan was to write this file one time only so I don't mind if it takes longer to write this file.  I care much more about how long it takes to read the file because I will be reading it many times.
      3) There was a modest gain in converting the ascii file to binary in terms of file size and reading speed.
      So big picture... not sure it's worth the effort to convert the files to binary even though most of the data is numerical data in the binary file.  That was actually surprising as I expected there would be more of a difference.  Any ideas on how to get the binary data to read at a faster rate would be great.

binary.au3
      2019_02_08.zip
    • By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIListViewEx.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 539, 350, 192, 124) $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("CLM1|CLM2", 0, 0, 538, 326) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 150) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 150) Local $dynamic = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Example1|Example2", $ListView1) $SubMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($dynamic) $Run = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run", $SubMenu) $Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $SubMenu) $Delete = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $SubMenu) Local $dynamic2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Example3|Example6", $ListView1) $SubMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($dynamic2) $Run = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run", $SubMenu) $Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $SubMenu) $Delete = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $SubMenu) _GUIListViewEx_Init($ListView1, "", 0, 0, True, 64) _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd I use GUIListViewEx.au3 for position of items in listview but when I move one the context menu disappear. Any solution of this?
      Any method than array it is possible?
      Thank you, appreciate it.

• By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      I download the GUIListViewEx.au3 by Melba23 in order to move up or down my items from a listview.
      Everything it's looking good in script but when I move an item it will crash.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you! 

• By Slipk
      Hello everybody,
      Sorry for my bad english.

I try to figure out if I have a dynamic listview with as many items as I want, how to save to a text file all the data listview contains in the same form that you put when you create a listviewitem. I will give you an example.
      When the script is running it will show you the listview and some items. How to take the items data "Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2" in this format and paste into a text file? All of them.
      I tried to explain as good as I can.
      Thank you for your attention!
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form_Menu = GUICreate("Form Example", 351, 234, -1, -1) $Form_Menu_ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column #1|Column #2|Column #3", 0, 0, 346, 230) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 75) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 75) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 75) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2", $Form_Menu_ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Data2|Data2_Sub1|Data2_Sub2", $Form_Menu_ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("DataN|DataN_SubN|DataN_SubN", $Form_Menu_ListView1) ;The data that appear in the listview be saved in a file like that : #cs Data1|Data1_Sub1|Data1_Sub2 Data2|Data2_Sub1|Data2_Sub2 DataN|DataN_SubN|DataN_SubN #ce GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form_Menu) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd
    • By Slipk
      Hello,
      I tried with many methods and searched a lot for items to move up and down but couldn't find it.
      Sorry for my bad english.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 307, 247, 192, 124) GUISetFont(10, 400, 0, "Arial") $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("C1|C2|C3", 0, 0, 250, 246) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 50) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 60) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 100) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Test1|Test2|Test3", $ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Cat|Dog|Fish", $ListView1) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("ABC|DEF|GHI", $ListView1) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("/\", 264, 8, 27, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial") $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("\/", 264, 40, 27, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $nMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit         Case $Button1 ;up         Case $Button2 ;down     EndSwitch WEnd  
      Thank you for your help!