Volume Control

Skeletor

Hi Guys, 

So with me working in my Virtual Machines in full screen, I often have my Host OS playing music. Now the issue I had was trying to control the Host OS without having to minimise the Guest OS.

So I thought of this small program. I call it the Volume Control. It resides in the bottom right hand corner of your screen just above the system clock. 
I'm still working on getting the volume buttons to increase/decrease when you hold down the button.
Currently, you will need to tap on the volume buttons numerous times to decrease/increase the volume. 

Any other improvements let me know. 

The source code, icon and compiled program are already in the zip. 

Volume Controlv1.zip

Screenshot.bmp

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

Hey there Trong, it would, however as mentioned, I work with virtual machines that do not alter the HOST OS's volume if I'm playing music in the HOST OS. That's why I created this little program.

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

• 4 years later...

Hello all.
So sorry to dig up an old topic, just want to give a small contribution for those that need a fast way to set volume up/down and do not own a multimedia keyboard.
So... on a modern keyboard we have the [Fn] key, witch is usually used to various multimedia functions... I think that the most important is the volume up and down.

I've recently bought a keyboard with no [Fn] key, so I've searched the net for a small script that would help me find a way to have sound volume settings directly from my keyboard, so I've found this topic, witch is good, but not as simple as I'd like... so I've made my own script.

If some of you are looking for this same feature, no need for further search... just look below

HotKeySet("^{PGUP}", "vup")
HotKeySet("^{PGDN}", "vdwn")
While 1
    Sleep (1000)
WEnd
Func vup()
        Sleep (5)
        Send ("{VOLUME_UP}")
EndFunc
Func vdwn()
        Sleep (5)
        Send ("{VOLUME_DOWN}")
EndFunc

This simple script will remain visible on your taskbar as long as you want

[Ctrl] + [Page Up] => Volume up
[Ctrl] + [Page Down] => Volume down

EXIT => click on icon in task bar

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:56 PM, MagicianPT said:

Hello all.
So sorry to dig up an old topic, just want to give a small contribution for those that need a fast way to set volume up/down and do not own a multimedia keyboard.
So... on a modern keyboard we have the [Fn] key, witch is usually used to various multimedia functions... I think that the most important is the volume up and down.

I've recently bought a keyboard with no [Fn] key, so I've searched the net for a small script that would help me find a way to have sound volume settings directly from my keyboard, so I've found this topic, witch is good, but not as simple as I'd like... so I've made my own script.

If some of you are looking for this same feature, no need for further search... just look below

HotKeySet("^{PGUP}", "vup")
HotKeySet("^{PGDN}", "vdwn")
While 1
    Sleep (1000)
WEnd
Func vup()
        Sleep (5)
        Send ("{VOLUME_UP}")
EndFunc
Func vdwn()
        Sleep (5)
        Send ("{VOLUME_DOWN}")
EndFunc

This simple script will remain visible on your taskbar as long as you want

[Ctrl] + [Page Up] => Volume up
[Ctrl] + [Page Down] => Volume down

EXIT => click on icon in task bar

This still does not work for Virtual Machines.