Sign in to follow this  
Skeletor

Volume Control

Hi Guys, 

So with me working in my Virtual Machines in full screen, I often have my Host OS playing music. Now the issue I had was trying to control the Host OS without having to minimise the Guest OS.

So I thought of this small program. I call it the Volume Control. It resides in the bottom right hand corner of your screen just above the system clock. 
I'm still working on getting the volume buttons to increase/decrease when you hold down the button.
Currently, you will need to tap on the volume buttons numerous times to decrease/increase the volume. 

Any other improvements let me know. 

The source code, icon and compiled program are already in the zip. 

Volume Controlv1.zip

Screenshot.bmp

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen

Clicking on the Audio icon in the taskbar and mouse wheel will be faster as click :)
That's just my personal opinion! 

Send("{VOLUME_UP}")
Send("{VOLUME_DOWN}")
Send("{VOLUME_MUTE}")

Regards,

Hey there Trong, it would, however as mentioned, I work with virtual machines that do not alter the HOST OS's volume if I'm playing music in the HOST OS. That's why I created this little program.

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen

I would like to suggest that you create a volume bar (click or slide on bar) not click to button, changing the sound will be faster! Do you understand me?

Regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning autoit team
      please i need your help
      am trying to make an program that work with hotkeys
      it function is to change the volume to the current application
      e.g when i select the vlc window by using this hotkey i will be able to change the vlc volume with out changing the system volume.
       am able to get the process handle and the process name of the window
      but when am trying to get or set the volume i does not succeded
      i tried to search in this forums but no result.
      can you please guide me to do that.
      am waiting for your answers
      thanks in advanced
    • By BlueSkyMemory
      Hello guys! I'm a rookie in AutoIt lol.
      I've tried to looking up in MSDN and the UDFs, but it can only get the GUID of a usual partition and with the GUID to control it. Now I have no ways😥.
      Thanks a lot for your help!
    • By PeterVerbeek
      Hi Guys,
      I've noticed that the SoundGetWaveVolume UDF in an older topic isn't working on Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It's probably a Windows XP UDF. The UDF below does work. It successfully returns the volume set by SoundSetWaveVolume. It might need checking by the AutoIt community for some synthax finetuning.
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _SoundGetWaveVolume ; Description....: Returns app volume of script, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 only ; Syntax.........: _SoundGetWaveVolume([$iValueOnError = -1]) ; Parameters.....: $iValueOnError - Value to return when an error occurs ; Return values..: App volume of script or $iValueOnError at an error ; Error values...: @error = 1 - Unable to create Struct ; @error = 2 - Dll file not found ; @error = 3 - Wrong call so not on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 ; @error = 4 - Internal error, array not returned ; @error = 5 - Volume wasn't received ; @error = 6 - Volume couldn't read ; Author.........: Peter Verbeek ; Modified.......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _SoundGetWaveVolume($iValueOnError = -1) Local $LPDWORD,$aMMRESULT,$iVolume $LPDWORD = DllStructCreate("dword") If @error <> 0 Then SetError(1) ; 1 = unable to create Struct Return $iValueOnError EndIf ; get app volume of this script $aMMRESULT = DllCall("winmm.dll","uint","waveOutGetVolume","ptr",0,"long_ptr",DllStructGetPtr($LPDWORD)) Switch @error Case 1 SetError(2) ; 2 = dll file not found Return $iValueOnError Case 2,3,4,5 SetError(3) ; 3 = wrong call so not on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 Return $iValueOnError EndSwitch If not IsArray($aMMRESULT) Then SetError(4) ; 4 = internal error, array not returned Return $iValueOnError EndIf If $aMMRESULT[0] <> 0 Then SetError(5) ; 5 = volume wasn't received Return $iValueOnError EndIf $iVolume = DllStructGetData($LPDWORD,1) If @error <> 0 Then SetError(6) ; 6 = volume couldn't read Return $iValueOnError EndIf Return Round(100*$iVolume/4294967295) ; return in range 0 to 100 as SoundSetWaveVolume() EndFunc  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, please i created a tool witch get the focused control in a window and play a audio file linked with this controls
      e.g buttons, checkBoxes, radios, comboboxes, and others
      i know that their is a function that give us the control focus but it return the classNN
      i want to get the class name to use it with a switch and
      because their are more than class e.g button tbutton timagebutton tnewButton...
      please can any one help me to get the class name not the classnn
      thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      Can we create a single context menu on more than one item?
      For example, a context menu includes standardized options on more than one control, such as buttons or check boxes
      to Create a context menu on one item am using this function
      GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ HWND)
      How to link it with more than one element please?
      or if we can't do that, please give me a solution
      so i tried to add an context menus to all the controls but the script will be long, for that if their are any solutions i hope to give it to me
      thanks in advanced