Hi. I want to read the help file on my Kindle ebook reader (to protect my eyes). Is it available in Kindle or epub format? I tried converting it myself but the results were not very good.

--Thanks!

Edited by geekyworld

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheSaint
      I have now added a 4th program to the mix, and decided to place all under the banner of a suite - KindEbook Suite.
      I believe it will be better served by having its own topic, rather than attempt to edit the first few posts in the old one - KindEbook Wishlist.
      It is also a chance to de-clutter and make some improvements.
      MAIN PROGRAM
      KindEbook Wishlist
      COMPLIMENTARY PROGRAMS
      AZWPlug
      Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
      UpdateFromOPF
      Bucket-for-URLs
      ConvertEbook (now replaced by Batch Ebook Convert if you wish) Redundant where KFX files are concerned.
      Batch Ebook Convert (new)
      CalibBrowser - Multi-faceted viewer for calibre  (while kind of complimentary, not part of the suite proper, not a step to apply)
      ASSISTIVE PROGRAMS
      Batch Create & Run
      TeraCopy Timer
      RECOMMENDED 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS & RESOURCES
      calibre - Integral to the last two of my complimentary programs, and an important element of the first one. Basically an ebook database & conversion program, but also offers plenty more, especially adding ebooks to or removing ebooks from your reading device. Wikipedia
      Sigil - A wonderful open source ebook editor & creator. Great for fixing issues with EPUB files, especially after converting from another format. Wikipedia
      MobileRead Forums - Excellent resource for all things ebook.
      BookBub  - Great advisory source for ebooks, that lets you know via email about great bargains at Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks. I still use KindEbook Wishlist with anything I obtain at Amazon via BookBub links, but usually just for a purchase record ... essentially I ADD (mostly freebies) and then immediately RELOCATE to my bought (b) user. A BIG Thanks to @willichan who told me many months ago, about BookBub.

Usage Of My Programs
      To help others to understand about these programs and how to use them for the best benefit, I thought it best to outline how I use them, usually each and every day.
      Quick Summary Of Usage  (in order of use)
      1. KindEbook Wishlist - Amazon Kindle Wishlist, Price Checker, History of Changes, Record of Purchases.
      2. Bucket-for-URLs - Assistant to KindEbook Wishlist with new ebook discoveries, if a lot of them. When BookBub freebies lead to many others at Amazon.
      3. AZWPlug - Add Kindle purchases to a database and to calibre, plus get right-click detail of selected ebook file (once added to database).
      4. UpdateFromOPF - Make changes or corrections to the Metadata (OPF) file in calibre.
      5. Batch Ebook Convert - Convert existing ebook (usually AZW3, sometimes MOBI) to EPUB and if missing, MOBI.
      6. TeraCopy Timer - Make backups locally (outside of calibre library), and to thumbstick for transfer to another PC etc.
      7. Batch Create & Run - Make passworded and zipped backups to Google Drive (locally).
      8. Add Book & All Formats To Calibre - Add one backup copy of each ebook (all formats) to calibre on another PC.
      KindEbook Wishlist
      AZWPlug
      Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
      UpdateFromOPF
      Bucket-for-URLs
      ConvertEbook
      Batch Ebook Convert

• By AutoitMike
      Scite 3.4.4
      Win 10
      I click "Help" or press F1, there is no response
      If I use the file explorer and double click Autoit.chm or Autoit3.chm help opens.
      There is no dialog to check or uncheck "Always ask before opening this file" when clicking on these files.

If you are curious as to why I dont have the latest version, I am creating a back up laptop that has a VERY extensive automation application that I have written over the past 15 years.

An extremely potent, powerful, needed function has been deleted in the upgrade of Autoit in recent years that I can not do without. If my main laptop dies, which it almost did, I am in a very bad position. So I bought the exact same laptop and I am "cofiguring" it to work exactly the same as my main laptop. However, this one has been "Upgraded" to Win 10 which I hope is not the problem. 
      Thanks for any help
    • By dascondor
      So basically need to pull text from a .txt file or .sql and use that text to replace something within a different file.

First File:
      jumps

Or:
      Text1 = jumps
      Text2 = fence
      Second File:
      My Dog XXXXX over the YYYYY.

After Script:
      My Dog jumps over the fence

I have found a good start, I'm basic programmer at best, I have some experience but this gets out of my wheel house.

Any help is appreciated.

• By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc  

• By Dequality
      error code >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Scripts\Tests\Test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop +>16:23:40 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>16:23:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.6734 HotKeySet("{F4}", _myExit()) Global $aCoordinates1[2] = [499, 582] Global $aCoordinates2[2] = [672, 614] While(1)     $instrument = PixelSearch(602, 439, 601, 438, 0x434343, 1)     if not(@error) Then         $musicscore = PixelSearch(1185, 529, 1184, 528, 0xDDA03B, 1)         If not(@error) Then             MouseMove($musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 3)             Sleep(500)             MouseClick("RIGHT", $musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 1, 1)         EndIf     EndIf     MouseClick("LEFT", random($aCoordinates1[0], $aCoordinates1[1]), Random($aCoordinates2[0], $aCoordinates2[1]))    Sleep(Random(304000, 309043)) WEnd Func _myExit()     Exit EndFunc Any help are highly appreciatet... :-) 

Dequality.