cheeroke

Sending data via Serial port using Kernel32.dll

cheeroke

Hi all,

I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.

I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).

To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.

Any help very appreciated.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
 #include <Array.au3>
 #include "FilesHandling.au3"

;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function
    $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0)
    $handle=$h[0]

Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber)
    ;string to be send
    $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber)
    $cLenght = StringLen($c)
    $aArray = StringSplit($c, "")
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64)

For $i = 1 To $cLenght
        writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght)
    Next

;move to next line
    writeChar($handle, @CR,1)
EndFunc

;write a single char
func writeChar($handle,$c,)
    $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str")
    $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0
    DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c)
    $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten)
    if ($res<>true) then
       ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by cheeroke

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello Members of this best Forum
      i have a question please
      for example if i have a long string
      and i want to extract a text between two tag
      what i can do to make that?
      note :
      i know that there is a
      StringRegExp function
      it's do that work
      but it result is be as an array
      i want the result to be a string
      is there any function on autoit can do that?
      Thanks in advance.