cheeroke

Sending data via Serial port using Kernel32.dll

cheeroke

Hi all,

I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.

I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).

To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.

Any help very appreciated.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
 #include <Array.au3>
 #include "FilesHandling.au3"

;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function
    $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0)
    $handle=$h[0]

Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber)
    ;string to be send
    $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber)
    $cLenght = StringLen($c)
    $aArray = StringSplit($c, "")
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64)

For $i = 1 To $cLenght
        writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght)
    Next

;move to next line
    writeChar($handle, @CR,1)
EndFunc

;write a single char
func writeChar($handle,$c,)
    $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str")
    $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0
    DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c)
    $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten)
    if ($res<>true) then
       ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by cheeroke

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• martin
      By martin
      Although serial ports are disappearing, they can still be useful.
      Here is a COMMs UDF. It provides an easy way to use serial ports without the restrictions and problems some methods have. USB to serial is ok, binary data is ok.

This UDF requires my comMG.dll which can be in either the script folder or the Windows folder by default, or in the path specified using the function _CommSetDllPath.

Note the following shortcomings:

the dll link below is 32 bit so it will not work with a 64 bit apps, but there is a 64 bit version in my post around 25th March 2018 for people to try.
      The strings and character functions are all AnsiChar.

Functions in the UDF are

_CommVersion
      _CommListPorts
      _CommSetPort
      _CommPortConnection
      _CommClearOutputBuffer
      _CommClearInputBuffer
      _CommGetInputcount
      _CommGetOutputcount
      _CommSendString
      _CommGetString
      _CommGetLine
      _CommReadByte
      _CommReadChar
      _CommSendByte
      _CommSendBreak; not tested!!!!!!!!!!
      _CommCloseport
      _CommSwitch
      _CommReadByteArray
      _CommSendByteArray
      _CommsetTimeouts
      _CommSetXonXoffProperties
      _CommSetRTS (NB these will not work if Hardware handshaking is selected because
      _CommSetDTR then these lines are controlled by the data being sent.)
      _CommSetDllPath
      _CommGetLineStates
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Go to Download Page For Commgv2
      Download includes the dll and udf.
      Most recent changes
      28th March 2014 - dll V2.83
      Correct error setting 6 data bits as 7.
      11th March 2014 dll V2.82
      Allow data bits of 4 to 8 instead of only 7 and 8.
      19th August 2013
      dll v2.81 removes some unwanted eroor message popups. Might not remove popups for some Windows versions.
      27th September 2012
      Correct error closing port. New version of UDF if V2.90, new dll is commg.dll V2.79. Thanks to tfabris.
      18th January 2012
      Corrected typo in UDF V 2.87, and uploaded as V2.88
      Increased max baud allowed by the dll from 200000 to 256000. New version now V2.78
      17th January 2012
      Modified thesleep addition to _CommGetLine so that reading data is not slowed down.

14th January 2012
      Corrected _CommReadByte in UDF.
      Added sleep(20) to while loop in _CommGetLine to reduce CPU usage
      20th December 2011
      UDF version 2.86. - Changed function GetByte so it returned the error string given by the dll.
      Dll version 2.77 - removed an unwanted erro message dialogue from GetByte function. (Thanks funkey)

4th December 2011
      New dll and example versions. Dll function SetPort corrected because it was not using the parameters passed for DTR and RTS.
      The example was setting flow control incorrectly: the settings for hardware handshaking and XON./XOFF were reversed.

25th August 2011 corrected function _CommClosePort.

Example corrected for setting parity and flow 22nd December 2013  (thanks to MichaelXMike)

mgrefcommg CommgExample.au3
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I'd like to replace 'COMMA' with ',' for example:
      $myString = "COMMA" StringRegExpReplace($myString, 'COMMA', ',') Now I've tried escaping the ',' in various ways unsuccessfully, such as:
      '[,]'
      "[,]"
      '\,'
      [,] seems to work in the pattern, I just can't figure out how to use it in the replace, and it seems everyone online is only interested in removing/replacing commas lol.
      I also tried creating and using a variable as the replacement but also didn't work:
      $myComma = "," $myString = "COMMA" StringRegExpReplace($myString, 'COMMA', $myComma) I'm sure it's super simple if someone could point me in the right direction - thanks.
    • kartune
      By kartune
      Hello, I am getting this error message when running my script:
      Case $aButiD[0] To $aButiD[$iTotButtons - 1]
      Case ^ ERROR
      Error:  Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

The script's purpose is to read my ini file and create buttons for the sections and section contents.
      The first part of the script creates buttons for the sections of the ini, once you click on the section button it should open another set of buttons of all the contents under the section
      In this case, the section in the .ini file is called "TPA"
      on the Func flavorco()
      It opens the contents of "TPA" into buttons.
      Right now, the section it is reading is determined by $sSection.
      It is only when I try to change $sSection = "TPA"
      to
      $sSection = $flavorco
      that the error starts to appear

Here is the script
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> $optbar = IniReadSectionNames("test.ini") If Not IsArray($optbar) Then Exit Local $Button[UBound($optbar) - 1] $mGUI = GUICreate('Restock Flavor Ingredients', 10 + (130 * UBound($optbar)), 100) For $x = 1 To UBound($optbar) - 1 $var = IniReadSection("test.ini", $optbar[$x]) If @error Then ContinueLoop $X_Coord = 10 + (($x - 1) * 100) $Button[$x - 1] = GUICtrlCreateButton($optbar[$x], $X_Coord, 30, 70, 30) Next GUISetState() While 1 $mMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $mMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then GUIDelete($mGUI) ExitLoop EndIf For $i = 0 To UBound($Button) - 1 If $mMsg = $Button[$i] Then MsgBox(0, '$Msg = ' & $mMsg, GuiCtrlRead($Button[$i]) & ' Pressed', 2) Global $flavorco = $Button ; sets the flavor company's variable Call('flavorco') EndIf Next WEnd Func flavorco() ;opened flavor company's flavors MsgBox(0, '$Msg = ' & $mMsg, GuiCtrlRead($Button[$i]) & $flavorco, 0) Local $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Test.ini" Local $sSection = $Button Local $aArray = IniReadSection($sFilePath, $sSection) _ArrayDelete($aArray, 0) ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray) Local $iIndex Local $iTotButtons = UBound($aArray) Local $iNumPerRow = 5 Local $iButWidth = 100 Local $iButDepth = 30 Local $aButiD[$iTotButtons] Local $hGUI = GUICreate('Ingredients Stock "' & $sFilePath & '"', 10 + ($iButWidth + 10) * $iNumPerRow, _ 10 + Ceiling($iTotButtons / $iNumPerRow) * ($iButDepth + 10), -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) For $i = 0 To $iTotButtons - 1 ; $x = $iXBorder + (($iRectWidth + $iSpacing) * Mod($i, $iNumCols)) $x = 10 + (($iButWidth + 10) * Mod($i, $iNumPerRow)) ; $y = $iYBorder + (($iRectDepth + $iSpacing) * Int($i / $iNumCols)) $y = 10 + (($iButDepth + 10) * Int($i / $iNumPerRow)) $aButiD[$i] = GUICtrlCreateButton($aArray[$i][0], $x, $y, $iButWidth, $iButDepth) ;, $BS_NOTIFY) Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $msg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($hGUI) ExitLoop Case $aButiD[0] To $aButiD[$iTotButtons - 1] ;clicking on a flavor name $iIndex = ($msg - $aButiD[0]) $RSINGRflavor = $aArray[$iIndex][0] ;flavor name $RSINGRml = $aArray[$iIndex][1] ; ml $RSINGRgal = $aArray[$iIndex][1]*0.000264172 ;converts ml to gal Call('openflavor') EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func openflavor() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=F:\Karl\AutoIt\FJ-Stock JP\GUI Forms\RSINGRSUBFORM.kxf ;opens flavor to view stock and restock submit $RSINGRSUBFORM = GUICreate($sSection & " " & $RSINGRflavor, 242, 213, 530, 269) $RSINGRFlavorTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sSection & " " & $RSINGRflavor, 32, 8, 200, 28) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 16, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $RSINGRstockcaption = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Current Stock in ml:", 16, 48, 96, 17) $RSINGRstockml = GUICtrlCreateLabel($RSINGRml, 120, 48, 114, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $RSINGRInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("ml", 40, 112, 153, 21) $RSINGRSUBMIT = GUICtrlCreateButton("SUBMIT", 16, 152, 81, 33) $RSINGRCLOSE = GUICtrlCreateButton("CLOSE", 145, 151, 81, 33) $RSINGRgalcaption = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Current Stock in gal:", 16, 80, 97, 17) $RSINGRstockgal = GUICtrlCreateLabel($RSINGRGAL, 120, 80, 114, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### ; $msg = "" While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($RSINGRSUBFORM) ExitLoop Case $RSINGRCLOSE GUIDelete($RSINGRSUBFORM) ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  
      Any help is much appreciated!  Thanks.
      My guess is that $Button isn't an actual string??  Whenever I use msgbox it shows up the string exactly, no numbers attached.  So i'm not sure whats going on here.
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello again,
      I'm trying to use the FileMove function to rename a bunch of text files.
      Some of the files have "_1" at the end of their name, for example, "File123_1.txt". I want to remove the "_1" so it would become "File123.txt".
      What I currently have...
              FileMove($sSource & "\*_1.txt", $sDestination & "\*.txt")
      But since I'm using a wildcard, it doesn't appear to be working. I think it's just replacing .txt with .txt. Am I going about this the wrong way? How can I use wildcards and still accomplish this?
      Any help is greatly appreciated ^__^
    • ur
      By ur
      I have date in the string format as "DD-MM-YYYY".

I need to get yesterday's date from it.
      I tried converting this from _DateTimeFormat but not working.
      Is there any direct UDF available to get this.?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.