Can't schedule 5 different .au3 script to run at 5 different times every day???

Howdy All

I've gone around and around in circles wasting hours trying to fix this problem to no avail so I thought I would try posting for help given there are some real smart people in this forum.

Background

I have 5 separate .au3 scripts that all do different basic tasks. For example:

1.au3 = opens Chrome browser to obtain information from a specific website then closes

2.au3 = opens an Excel workbook to run a macro then saves and closes

3.au3 = Open two seperate workbooks and transfers data from one to the other then saves and closes

4.au3 = .......etc

5.au3 = .......etc

These 5 separate scripts, doing completely different tasks, need to each run once per day at 5 different designated times within a day and then close. For example:

1.au3 = 10am

2.au3 = 12pm

3.au3 = 2pm

4.au3 = 4pm

5.au3 = 5pm

Problem

I can not get these different scripts to reliably run at their designated times. When I manually run these scripts individually by using 'Go F5' they work perfectly. If I convert these scripts to an .exe and manually run each one they work about 98% of time.

How can I schedule these different .au3 files or associated .exe files to reliably run each day at different times?

Attempts To Fix The Issue

1. I have tried converting each .au3 script into their own .exe file and use Window's Task Scheduler to run these .exe files at their designated time but the success rate  of running each .exe in full, to completion, without error is very low at about 30%. Things that commonly go wrong include a browser not opening but movement still continues on the desk top. Other times things just do not happen at all.

2. I have Windows 7 64 bit and have tried creating and running both (x86) and (x64) .exe files but again reliability problems exist;

3. I have also tried moving each .exe file to the My Documents folder as I read someone that keeping your files on your desktop ties your files to individual Windows user profiles which can cause AutoIt operating errors. Not sure if this is correct but thought I would try it anyway. It did not fix my issue.

4. I installed a program called AlwaysUp which supposedly always reliably runs in the background and will reliably execute your AutoIt script or .exe files. Still have significant reliability issues.

Therefore, can someone please provide advice on how I can get my 5 different .au3 files to run at 5 designated times through the day, every day, without fail? Overtime I will be creating more and more different .au3 files to run certain tasks throughout the day and do not want to create one large AutoIt file that continually runs and attempts to do all the different tasks itself.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by TotalAuto

Hi Dan,

Sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting to figure out why the scripts are failing. Does one script fail more often than the others? If so, then that's probably a good place to start. You likely need to add some additional error handling to your scripts so that they can deal with some of these anomalies.

Post one of the scripts so that we can analyze it and give some feedback.

Dan

P.S. Great name BTW. ;-)

I do this very same thing with about 12 scripts I want to run at different times of the day.

Add this Loop and set hours, minutes, and seconds to the times you want each script to run using 24 hour clock format.

;Start Loop/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Local $i = 0
While 1
Do
Until @hour = 04 and @min = 58 and @sec = 55

;Your script goes here

WEnd
;End Loop//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Then set all scripts to run.  The problem you will have is when you shut down the computer all scripts will need to be restarted the next time you start your computer.  To resolve this issue make a shortcut for each script and move them to your startup directory.

Edited by Alan1234

Hello

try this one:

$Time2EndMyScript="142600" ; add some time in 24h format (military time)

While 1
    $Now = @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC
    if $Now > $Time2EndMyScript Then
    MsgBox(0,"Limit check","Time Limit reached, exiting")
    Exit
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

I'd like to suggest to place a "sleep(100)" to the main loop to reduce CPU load.

you might want to place a filewriteline(MyLog.txt,"Start information (time, user, computer, ...)") before the main loop starts, something similar as last line of your script to see, if it's ending in a clean way.

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• First of all I would add logging to your scripts so you understand better where it fails
    begin: filewrite("Log.txt", "Script 1 started at " & @Hour & @Min & @SEC)
    end: filewrite("Log.txt", "Script 1 ended at " & @Hour & @Min & @SEC)
  • If browser is not started in n seconds you probably have to improve your script to double check your browser is properly stated or kill existing ones first.