ur

Get IE element by CSSSelector

ur

We can select elements in IE using their IDs as below.

Local $oDiv = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "x-auto-16-input")

But to one button in the webpage, there is no ID to it.

In selenium we have option to select this element using the CssSelector and clicked the button using below code in c# selenium.

driver.FindElement(By.CssSelector("button.x-btn-text")).Click();

What is the alternative for this in AUtoIT?

ur

THe inner html

<button class="x-btn-text" type="button" style="position: relative; width: 64px;" tabindex="0">Initialize</button>

ur

I tried but getting only the results for based on tag name but not for classselector.

If possible can you share any

ur

Thanks @Danp2

I am able to click the button using a loop for reading the classname of all the buttons in the pages.

Even though it is not selecting the button directly as in Selenium, the current solution is satisfactory.

Func clickButtonWithClass($oIE,$sClass)
      $oFound = ""
      Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "button")
      For $oBtn In $oBtns
          If String($oBtn.classname) = $sClass Then
           $oFound = $oBtn
         EndIf
      Next
      If IsObj($oFound) Then
         _IEAction ($oFound, "click")
         _IELoadWait ($oIE)
         MsgBox(16, "Success", "Button found with class name: "& $sClass &" and clicked",10)
      Else
         MsgBox(16,"Not found." , "Button not found with class name: "& $sClass,10)
      EndIf
EndFunc

But I am not able to get the page results when I tried from search toolbar on the top of page in this forum.

And also, is there anyway  to use XPath in AutoIT.?

I tried to search some pages but they are looping inside each element tag from body tag onwards, which is not working with below XPath.

driver.FindElement(By.XPath("(//button[@type='button'])[5]")).Click();

Any suggestions?

Danp2

Glad you found something that works. FWIW, You should be able to add an ExitLoop to break out of the For...Next loop once the button is found.

Here's one option for searching with XPath --

corgano

Another solution arises once you realize $oIE is an internetexplorer.application object. What does this mean? You can access the page as an object with $oIE.document. This lets you do most things javascript can do with almost the same syntax!

for instance:

; Get all elements in the page by class name
$oElement = $oIE.getElementsByClassName("whatever comes after the = in class=''")
; This returns an array object, so we set $oElement to that object specificly
$oElement = $oTemp(0)
; We can then set it's value or text directly
$oElement.value = 45 ; used mostly for inputs, your milage might vary
$oElement.text = some text ; The text that's between the > and < that people see (usually)
; We can make events, and send them to $oElement to trigger javascript

$oClickEvent = $oIE.document.createEvent('MouseEvents')
;Event types are 'mouseover', 'mousedown', 'mouseup', and 'click'
$oClickEvent.initEvent($action, true, true)
;Now that we have the event, we send it to the control we want
$node.dispatchEvent ($oClickEvent)

;or even other events

$oEvent = $oIE.document.createEvent('Events')
$oEvent.initEvent('submit', true, true)
$node.dispatchEvent ($oEvent)

Once you realize $oIE.document (or any element you get with the other _IE functions are all objects too!) you can start googling java script examples, and by just changing the variables from document or this to $oIE.document or $oElement you can get many of them to work!

Edited by corgano
  • Thanks 1

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Wrote a script that grabs all of the IP addresses from Netflix's IP log, checks the IPs and returns suspicious activity.
      Everything works as it should but only when _IECreate is set to visible. When visible is set to false, it fails to login for some reason.
      Any ideas what might cause it and/or how to circumvent that?
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to send a string of text to this popup and click on the ok button to save it.
      Here is the code I have so far:
      ;Start IE Sleep(7000) $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com") Sleep(500) _IELoadWait($oIE) $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") ; Get Handle of the IE window Sleep(500) WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Wait for a browser page load to complete Sleep(3000) _IENavigate($oIE, "https://properURL.com") Sleep(8000) _IELoadWait($oIE) ;Attach to a browser control embedded in another window $oIE = _IEAttach("https://"properURL.com", url") ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $oIE = ' & $oIE & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & ' Extended code: 0x' & Hex(@extended) & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console Sleep(2000) ;Get the title of the webpage ;Local $wTitle = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Webpage title:", $wTitle) ;Clicks the new button Sleep(3000) _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "focus") _IEAction($nWorkOrderB, "click") Sleep(5000) ;Store the Element names where the important data will be sent ;Store the long description button Local $wLongDButton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m65d795a4-img") ;Store the long Description field id Local $wComments = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ma6499a9c-rte_iframe") ;Store the ok button id that is in the long description Local $wCommOk = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "m74031266-pb") ;******************************************************************************* ; Send the stored data to the proper field ;******************************************************************************* ;Click the long description button Sleep(300) _IEAction($wLongDButton, "focus") _IEAction($wLongDButton, "click") Sleep(300) ;Sends the Comments Sleep(500) _IEAction($wComments, "focus") _IEAction($wComments, "click") Sleep(500) _IEFormElementSetValue($wComments, "hello darkness my old friend") ;Click the ok button Sleep(500) _IEAction($wCommOk, "focus") _IEAction($wCommOk, "click") Sleep(500)  
      Here is the popup:

• Davidowicza
      By Davidowicza
      Hey guys,
      I am creating my very first script that automates a browser (I usually work with program installs and database automation) and have come across an issue that I am totally stumped on. I need to click an element that gives me a drop down list box but the Xpath to the element changes with every instance of chrome I start...
      I have tried selecting the class, rect, and path but no luck. It never finds the element. (I could be doing this wrong since I am not good at HTML)
      Element I need to select:
      This is the Xpath for the last 3 instances of chrome I have run the script with:
      //*[@id="highcharts-5bp9crq-8"]/svg/g[6]/g/rect //*[@id="highcharts-fiw9szv-8"]/svg/g[6]/g/rect //*[@id="highcharts-5szkmx8-8"]/svg/g[6]/g/rect As you can see the path changes every time.
      How I am trying to select the element:
      ;Check for box element _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[@id='highcharts-5bp9crq-8']/svg/g[6]/g") MsgBox(0, "", "check for timeout") $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[@id='highcharts-5bp9crq-8']/svg/g[6]/g") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'click') Maybe someone has come across this before and found a work around without using mouseclick()
      Thanks guys, hopefully I am just very overlooking something simple and can be pointed to the right solution.
      Side Note: I wish I could share the webpage entirety, but it has sensitive information with my agency that I cannot share. If you need more, just let me know and I will try and post as much as I can.
    • hemichallenger
      By hemichallenger
      Hello,
      If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. The code is just an example and similar to the issue with an internal webpage. I'm trying to autofill than click the submit button. I get the same error running the script.
      _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType
      IEGetObjById, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch
      Is it possible to edit the <textarea></textarea>  field with AutoIt?  If anyone could assist me on how. Than I could have a better understanding and chance in figuring it out on my main script. Thank you
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE1 = _IECreate ("https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea") _IELoadWait($oIE1) local $oFormCollection = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE1,0) local $oid = _IEGetObjByid($oFormCollection, "iframeResult") _IEFormElementSetValue($oid, "test") sleep (2000) Local $oIE2 = _IECreate ("https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_scripts_intro") _IELoadWait($oIE2) $oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE2,0) $oClickMe = _IEGetObjById($oForm2, "demo") _IEAction($oClickMe, "focus") _IEAction($oClickMe, "click")
    • Blueman
      By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Hope that you can help me with something, maybe this is a bug in the new version of AUTOIT but first i will check it with you to know for sure.
      I have made a simple GUI with a Embedded IE Object, then i would like to read the HTML with _IEBodyReadHTML(), easy right?
      When i use the old IE.au3 include from a year back or so, it is working fine!
      When i use the new IE.au3 include came with the new installation that is currently available on autoitscript.com it isnt working (i get a result that says; 0).
      Let me show you.

Working Example
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3> #include <IE_PreVersion.au3> ;Older Version Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 1000, 1000) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25) Global $oIE_1 = _IECreateEmbedded() ; CREATE IE OBJECT(S) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_1, 355, 5, 600, 360) _IENavigate($oIE_1, "https://www.google.nl", 1) Local $CheckHTML_T = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_1) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) MsgBox(48,"",$CheckHTML_T) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
      Failing Example
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;New Version Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 1000, 1000) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25) Global $oIE_1 = _IECreateEmbedded() ; CREATE IE OBJECT(S) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_1, 355, 5, 600, 360) _IENavigate($oIE_1, "https://www.google.nl", 1) Local $CheckHTML_T = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_1) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) MsgBox(48,"",$CheckHTML_T) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
      I have attachted all files and i am testing on Windows 10 with the latest SciTe Program (Not compiled). 
      When i compile the script it is showing the same result.
      Thanks guys!
      IE_PreVersion.au3
      IE.au3
      IE_EmbeddedVersioning.au3