Gowrisankar

Reading elements present in a table within a table inside a form

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to pass values to elements in a website.

The elements are present within a table, which is again present within a table, which is inside a form.

I tried to read the form, tables, etc., but with no results. It appears to me that the elements, tables, form, etc., were not read at all.

The following is what I tried. Please guide me.

;I tried the following to read the tables into arrays

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate()
   _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----")
   _IELoadWait($oIE)

$o_Table = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE)
   $i_NumTables = @extended

For $i = 0 To $i_NumTables - 1 Step 1
      $o_Table_Temp2 = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, $i)
      $a_TableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($o_Table_Temp2)
      _ArrayDisplay($a_TableData)
   Next

;I tried the following code to pass value to the field

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate()
   _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----", 0)
   _IELoadWait($oIE)

Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "default")
   Local $oField = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "tGroup")
   _IEFormElementSetValue($oField, "---- VALUE HERE ----")

The following is the html view of the website and the highlighted field is the one that I want to pass values to. Since this is an official website, I can't share the exact url.

HTML VIEW.jpg

Edited by Gowrisankar

16 hours ago, Danp2 said:

Have you tried using _IEGetObjByName to directly retrieve the input element?

@Danp2 Yes.. I tried that too.

Local $oField = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "tGroup")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oField,"--- VALUE  HERE ---")

I get the following error messages in the console.

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch (Name: tGroup, Index: 0)
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

Edited by Gowrisankar

first, if you use option 1 on ienavigate you dont need ieloadwait,

second, do an iebodyreadhtml to see if you are even reading the page, if not you may need to do an ieattach

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
    EndIf

"Yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results

54 minutes ago, alienclone said:

first, if you use option 1 on ienavigate you dont need ieloadwait,

second, do an iebodyreadhtml to see if you are even reading the page, if not you may need to do an ieattach

@alienclone _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE) is reading the page content after using _IEAttach().

But I still couldn't pass values to the fields.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By v0id
      I am starting out using AutoIt. Here is a simple form with username and password. I want to check if information entered is valid once user clicks a button.
      My problem now is that it only validates once. E.g.: if I type 5 character username, it will complain it is not 7 character (good). But once I correct that mistake and press the button again it will still say the same thing.
      Do I need to have a loop?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) $main = GUICreate("Test Tool", 600, 600) $hyourlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("YOUR CREDENTIALS", 30, 10, 256) GUICtrlSetFont($hyourlabel, Default, 600) Local $adminfrejalabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Username:", 8, 38, 64, 17) Global $adminfrejaid = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 38, 110, 17) Local $adminpasswordlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password:", 8, 62, 64, 17) Global $adminpassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 62, 110, 17, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL)) $userButton_Check = GUICtrlCreateButton("VALIDATE", 32, 480, 85, 25) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($userButton_Check, "startvalidation") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "ExitGUI") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Func startvalidation() ;CHECK VALIDATIONS $adminfrejaid = GUICtrlRead($adminfrejaid) $adminpassword = GUICtrlRead($adminpassword) If StringLen($adminfrejaid) <> '7' Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "User ID", "Please enter exactly 7 characters.") ;Exit EndIf If StringLen($adminpassword) < '5' Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Your Password", "Please enter a valid password.") ;Exit EndIf EndFunc Func ExitGui () Exit ; Exit the program EndFunc  
    • By JackER4565
      Hi, first of all thanks to all the guys who always help people in the forums, I wouldn't be able to do anything if wasn't for your help, even if I don't ask it myself.

I've created this code to get some info on a monitoring network on my work. It relays on _IETableGetCollection and _IETableWriteToArray.
      It works well, but take around 3:25 minutes to get the info from 28 pages (some of them are large and take longer to load, but most of them are small and fast).
      My question is if you see a way to get the program to go faster...

I've tried to make it easy for you to understand and edited somethings with sensitive info.
      (Some of the pages doesn't have the black divider with MIRA in the end, so I need to search if it is there or not.)

#include <IE.au3> #include <array.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("about:blank", 0, 0) Local $paginas[28] = [89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 96, 105, 113, 119, 125, 126, 129, 131, 133, 135, 137, 139, 140, 141, 144, 145, 146, 148, 149, 150, 151, 158, 159] Local $Datos_array[0][2] Local $oTable Local $tabla Local $aux_x = 1 Local $ar = 1 Local $Numtables_datos = 0 MsgBox(0, "asd", "asd") For $pag = 0 To UBound($paginas) - 1 Step 1 _IENavigate($oIE, "<WEBSITE URL>" & $paginas[$pag]) ; <<< the pages to load are always the same except for the last digits. _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $paginas[$pag] & "|" & "Entrante", 0, "|") ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< adds the page number toarray [0, 0] ;############################################ START counts amount of tables with traffic $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE) Local $iNumTables = @extended For $i = 3 To $iNumTables - 2 Step 1 $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $i) $nomb_tabla2 = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) ; <<<<<<<< TABLE TO ARRAY. $string2 = StringStripWS($nomb_tabla2[1][0], 8) If $string2 <> "MIRA" Then $Numtables_datos = $Numtables_datos + 1 Next $tabla_End = $iNumTables - $Numtables_datos ;############################################ FIN $tabla_Start = 4 $tabla_trafico = 2 For $for = 1 To $Numtables_datos Step 1 $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $tabla_Start - 1) ; <<<<<<<<<<< NAME OF THE TABLE; row2 = mira $nomb_tabla = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) ; <<<<<<<< TABLE TO ARRAY ;########################################### ADDS the traffic number into the row $string = StringStripWS($nomb_tabla[1][0], 8) If $string == "MIRA" Then ;si o si pasa por aca 1 vez _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $nomb_tabla[0][0]) $nomb_aux = $nomb_tabla[0][0] $aux_x = 1 $tabla_trafico = $tabla_trafico + 2 Else ;esto deberia ser por row _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $nomb_aux & " " & $aux_x) $aux_x = $aux_x + 1 $tabla_trafico = $tabla_trafico + 1 EndIf $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $tabla_trafico) Local $aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) $bps = _ArrayToString($aTableData, "|", 0, 0, @CRLF, 0, 0) $bps = StringRight($bps, 5) $bps = StringLeft($bps, 4) $trafico_actual = _ArrayToString($aTableData, "|", 0, 0, @CRLF, 2, 2) If $bps == "Gbps" Then $trafico_actual = $trafico_actual * 1000 If $bps == "Kbps" Then $trafico_actual = $trafico_actual / 1000 $Datos_array[$ar][1] = $trafico_actual $ar = $ar + 1 If $string == "MIRA" Then $tabla_Start = $tabla_Start + 2 Else $tabla_Start = $tabla_Start + 1 EndIf Next $ar = $ar + 1 ;~ ############# CAÍDA ############ ;~ If $actual_entrante = 0 Then ;~ $xxx = 0 ;~ Do ;~ MsgBox(0, "Tráfico Caído", $paginas[$i], 5) ;~ $xxx = $xxx + 1 ;~ Until $xxx = 10 ;~ EndIf ;~ ############# CAÍDA ############. Local $Numtables_datos = 0 Next _ArrayDisplay($Datos_array, "Array display") _IEQuit($oIE) Thanks!! 

monitoria.html
    • By lavascript
      I have a Word document containing a 9-column table where row 1 is the column headers. My goal is to read the table into a 2d array, remove some rows, update some fields, and add a few rows to the end. The resulting array will likely be a different length. Next, I want to write the data back into the table. If it's easier, I can write the data to a new document from a template containing the same table header with a blank 2nd row.
      Here's my early attempt:
      Local $oWord = _Word_Create() Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, $sFile) Local $aData = _Word_DocTableRead($oDoc, 1) $aData[3][5] = "Something else" Local $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, 0) $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, $oRange, $wdCell, 9) _Word_DocTableWrite($oRange,$aData) This, unfortunately, writes the entire array into the first cell of row 2. What am I doing wrong?

• By jasontj
      Hello.  I'm working on converting another script from IE to Firefox.  I can't seem to get a handle on the field "Defendant" to fill in a last, first name on this page:
      http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal
      I also can't seem to submit the form.   I've tried the code below... stuff may be commented out that I have tested.

_FFOpenUrl("http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal")    
          _FFLoadWait()
          $oTextFN = _FSObjGet("ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant", "ID")

_FFObj($oTextFN, "value", "Smith, John")    
          $subButton = _FFObjGet("ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder2$ContentPlaceHolder2$btnSearch", "name")
          _FFClick($subButton)
          _FFLoadWait()

;    _FFFormSubmit()
      ;    _FFLoadWait()

Any help from the experts on here would be greatly appreciated.  

Jason

• By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Udf working with MSDN System.Collections.ArrayList. Allow you to make fast operations on huge arrays, speed is even x10 better than basic _ArrayAdd.  Not prefered for small arrays < 600 items. 2. Requirements
      .NET Framework 1.1 - 4.5 (on this version Microsoft destroy old rules) System Windows 3. Possibilities.
      ;=============================================================================================================== ; UDF Name: List.au3 ; ; Date: 2018-02-17, 10:52 ; Description: Simple udf to create System Collections as ArrayList and make multiple actions on them. ; ; Function(s): _ListCreate -> Creates a new list ; _ListCapacity -> Gets a list size in bytes ; _ListCount -> Gets items count in list ; _ListIsFixedSize -> Get bool if list if fixed size ; _ListIsReadOnly -> Get bool if list is read only ; _ListIsSynchronized -> Get bool if list is synchronized ; _ListGetItem -> Get item on index ; _ListSetItem -> Set item on index ; ; _ListAdd -> Add item at end of list ; _ListClear -> Remove all list items ; _ListClone -> Duplicate list in new var ; _ListContains -> Get bool if item is in list ; _ListGetHashCode -> Get hash code for list ; _ListGetRange -> Get list with items between indexs ; _ListIndexOf -> Get index of item ; _ListInsert -> Insert a new item on index ; _ListInsertRange -> Insert list into list on index ; _ListLastIndexOf -> Get index last of item ; _ListRemove -> Remove first found item ; _ListRemoveAt -> Remove item in index ; _ListRemoveRange -> Remove items between indexs ; _ListReverse -> Reverse all items in list ; _ListSetRange -> Set new value for items in range ; _ListSort -> Sort items in list (speed of reading) ; _ListToString -> Get list object name ; _ListTrimToSize -> Remove unused space in list ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;=============================================================================================================== 4. Downloads
      List.au3 5. Examples
      SpeedTest _ArrayAdd vs ListAdd SpeedTest ArraySearch vs ListIndexOf Basic usage - crating guild with members