Gowrisankar

Reading elements present in a table within a table inside a form

Gowrisankar

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to pass values to elements in a website.

The elements are present within a table, which is again present within a table, which is inside a form.

I tried to read the form, tables, etc., but with no results. It appears to me that the elements, tables, form, etc., were not read at all.

The following is what I tried. Please guide me.

;I tried the following to read the tables into arrays

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate()
   _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----")
   _IELoadWait($oIE)

$o_Table = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE)
   $i_NumTables = @extended

For $i = 0 To $i_NumTables - 1 Step 1
      $o_Table_Temp2 = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, $i)
      $a_TableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($o_Table_Temp2)
      _ArrayDisplay($a_TableData)
   Next

;I tried the following code to pass value to the field

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate()
   _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----", 0)
   _IELoadWait($oIE)

Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "default")
   Local $oField = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "tGroup")
   _IEFormElementSetValue($oField, "---- VALUE HERE ----")

The following is the html view of the website and the highlighted field is the one that I want to pass values to. Since this is an official website, I can't share the exact url.

HTML VIEW.jpg

Edited by Gowrisankar

Gowrisankar
16 hours ago, Danp2 said:

Have you tried using _IEGetObjByName to directly retrieve the input element?

@Danp2 Yes.. I tried that too.

Local $oField = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "tGroup")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oField,"--- VALUE  HERE ---")

I get the following error messages in the console.

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch (Name: tGroup, Index: 0)
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

Edited by Gowrisankar

alienclone

first, if you use option 1 on ienavigate you dont need ieloadwait,

second, do an iebodyreadhtml to see if you are even reading the page, if not you may need to do an ieattach

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

Gowrisankar
54 minutes ago, alienclone said:

first, if you use option 1 on ienavigate you dont need ieloadwait,

second, do an iebodyreadhtml to see if you are even reading the page, if not you may need to do an ieattach

@alienclone _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE) is reading the page content after using _IEAttach().

But I still couldn't pass values to the fields.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jasontj
      By jasontj
      Hello.  I'm working on converting another script from IE to Firefox.  I can't seem to get a handle on the field "Defendant" to fill in a last, first name on this page:
      http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal
      I also can't seem to submit the form.   I've tried the code below... stuff may be commented out that I have tested.

_FFOpenUrl("http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal")    
          _FFLoadWait()
          $oTextFN = _FSObjGet("ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant", "ID")

_FFObj($oTextFN, "value", "Smith, John")    
          $subButton = _FFObjGet("ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder2$ContentPlaceHolder2$btnSearch", "name")
          _FFClick($subButton)
          _FFLoadWait()

;    _FFFormSubmit()
      ;    _FFLoadWait()

Any help from the experts on here would be greatly appreciated.  

Jason

• Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Udf working with MSDN System.Collections.ArrayList. Allow you to make fast operations on huge arrays, speed is even x10 better than basic _ArrayAdd.  Not prefered for small arrays < 600 items. 2. Requirements
      .NET Framework 1.1 - 4.5 (on this version Microsoft destroy old rules) System Windows 3. Possibilities.
      ;=============================================================================================================== ; UDF Name: List.au3 ; ; Date: 2018-02-17, 10:52 ; Description: Simple udf to create System Collections as ArrayList and make multiple actions on them. ; ; Function(s): _ListCreate -> Creates a new list ; _ListCapacity -> Gets a list size in bytes ; _ListCount -> Gets items count in list ; _ListIsFixedSize -> Get bool if list if fixed size ; _ListIsReadOnly -> Get bool if list is read only ; _ListIsSynchronized -> Get bool if list is synchronized ; _ListGetItem -> Get item on index ; _ListSetItem -> Set item on index ; ; _ListAdd -> Add item at end of list ; _ListClear -> Remove all list items ; _ListClone -> Duplicate list in new var ; _ListContains -> Get bool if item is in list ; _ListGetHashCode -> Get hash code for list ; _ListGetRange -> Get list with items between indexs ; _ListIndexOf -> Get index of item ; _ListInsert -> Insert a new item on index ; _ListInsertRange -> Insert list into list on index ; _ListLastIndexOf -> Get index last of item ; _ListRemove -> Remove first found item ; _ListRemoveAt -> Remove item in index ; _ListRemoveRange -> Remove items between indexs ; _ListReverse -> Reverse all items in list ; _ListSetRange -> Set new value for items in range ; _ListSort -> Sort items in list (speed of reading) ; _ListToString -> Get list object name ; _ListTrimToSize -> Remove unused space in list ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;=============================================================================================================== 4. Downloads
      List.au3 5. Examples
      SpeedTest _ArrayAdd vs ListAdd SpeedTest ArraySearch vs ListIndexOf Basic usage - crating guild with members  
    • islandspapand
      By islandspapand
      Hi all
      i am currently trying to click on an element in a HTML Table, but just can get it to work.
      i am able to click the top of the table so it changes to sort  but just can't click on the element in the table.
      an i need to click on element to continue in the site.
      i have attached the code so far and pictures of the table  element want to click plus the source of the table.
      i am able to get data in the table with $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) but not able to click on them.

Help is very much appreciated

#cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <IE.au3> #include "DOM.au3" #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $oIE = _IECreate("*") _IELoadWait($oIE) Sleep(2000) _PageLogin($oIE) _PageLoadWait() _PageNewReq($oIE) _PageLoadWait() _InputModelInf($oIE) _PageLoadWait() Sleep(1000) $aTableLink = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, "//table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user']", 2000) ;~ $aTableLink = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, "//table/tbody/tr", 2000) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aTableLink,"$aTableLink") If IsArray($aTableLink) Then ConsoleWrite("Able to BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, //table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user'])" & @CRLF) For $i = 0 To UBound($aTableLink)-1 ConsoleWrite(" OuterHTML : " & $aTableLink[$i].outerHTML & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" Parentnode : " & $aTableLink[$i].parentnode & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" Parentnode.click : " & $aTableLink[$i].parentnode.fireEvent("onclick","click") & @CRLF) $objClick = $aTableLink[$i].parentnode ;~ _IEAction($aTableLink[$i] , "focus") _IEAction($objClick , "focus") ;~ If _IEAction($aTableLink[$i], "click") Then If _IEAction($objClick, "click") Then ConsoleWrite("Able to _IEAction($aForumLink[0], 'click')" & @CRLF) _IELoadWait($oIE) Else ConsoleWrite("UNable to _IEAction($aForumLink[0], 'click')" & @CRLF) Exit 3 EndIf Next Else ConsoleWrite("Unable to BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, //table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user'])" & @CRLF) Exit 2 EndIf _PageLoadWait() Func _InputModelInf($oTmpIE) ; Add Var for Model & Serial in Func $oModelInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"model") _IEAction($oModelInput,"focus") _IEDocInsertText($oModelInput, "*") $oSerialInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"serial") _IEAction($oModelInput,"focus") _IEDocInsertText($oSerialInput, "*") $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("btn btn-primary ng-scope") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Søg" Or $link.innertext = "Search" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageNewReq($oTmpIE) $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("ng-scope k-link") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Send ny fejlmelding" Or $link.innertext = "Submit a New Service Request" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageLogin($oTmpIE) $oUserInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"loginid") _IEDocInsertText($oUserInput, "*") $oPasswordInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"password") _IEDocInsertText($oPasswordInput, "*") $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("btn btn-primary login ng-scope") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Sign in" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageLoadWait() Local $PageLoadWait = False ;~ nav navbar-nav navbar-right ng-hide ;~ nav navbar-nav navbar-right $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("ul") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If $class_value = "nav navbar-nav navbar-right" Then ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : Webpage loading :) ' & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PageLoadWait = True ExitLoop EndIf Next Do sleep(250) For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If $class_value = "nav navbar-nav navbar-right ng-hide" Then ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : Webpage load finished :)'& @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PageLoadWait = False ExitLoop EndIf Next Until $PageLoadWait = False EndFunc  
      Thanks in advance

• BOUNCER
      By BOUNCER
      I'm trying to get the output data from https://www.guilded.gg but it uses a web app that generates that output on the fly and this doesn't show up in the page source.
      Only in web inspector of each browser does this data show up. How do I read this data in autoit (equivalent to the web inspector)

thank you
    • KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      I could only extract the first 20 from table into Microsoft Excel by using Array Extract but I want to extract until the end what I mean is until the second page. How to do it? Please revert. Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.