IonGoG Wishlist (plus GetGOG Wishlist)

TheSaint

IonGoG Wishlist has also been updated to v0.0_b25, see first post.

(v0.0_b25)
You can now alternatively provide a path to a downloaded game web page, instead of providing the URL.
NOTES - This might be useful when access to that web page for this program might be prevented (i.e. country exclusion).
Use CTRL when clicking ADD to have the path detected on the clipboard ... or just paste into the input field when prompted.

(v0.0_b24)
Auto guess for series, now includes checking for a dash as the divider.
Button added to relocate program window from left to right of screen, and back again if needed.

(v0.0_b23)
Position of details window now starts up at far left.
Name for Series is now auto guessed but can be reverted to full Game Title for editing (if different), by clicking CANCEL.
An error splash is now used for missing detail reports, closed by mouse movement.

(v0.0_b22)
Bugfix for GOG web page changes.
Query option to exit the program on Remove or Relocate, to avoid the list loading or updating first (only useful to save time, if closing was to be the next user action anyway).
If the currently active user is a 'bought' one, then on program exit a query to change the user for the next program start, will occur. NOTE - A bought user name ends in '(b)'.

PLEASE CHECK the previous two posts, which were added at the same time as this one, for they have other updates or additions.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Companion program GetGOG Wishlist, has been updated to v2.2. See Post #14.

(v2.2)
Added an extra wait for first wishlist page, accessed at need by clicking the 'Wait Time' label (hopefully most will not need it, and it may not help in any case).
Improved the LOCAL load option, by providing more information.
Program Information dialog has been expanded from 1 to 3.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

IonGoG Wishlist has been updated to v0.0_b28, see first post.

(v0.0_b28)
BUGFIX for 4 digits instead of 3 for list entry numbers.
NOTE - Somehow this had been overlooked for a long time.

(v0.0_b27)
Implemented even faster loading or sorting of list, sorted or not.

(v0.0_b26)
Implemented faster loading and sorting (IniReadSectionNames replacement), plus a bugfix for when a title starts with minus percent discount text.

Spoiler

NOTES

IonGoG Wishlist is an adaption of my JB Wishlist program, which was an adaption of my KindEbook Wishlist program. The adaptions were done quite a while ago now, and many features added to all three programs since then, and not always equally, especially for JB Wishlist which is pretty much unused by me now.

For some reason that I am not entirely sure of, I only allowed for 3 digits as the List entry number for each item in KindEbook Wishlist. Perhaps because initially it was just for wishlist entries and it seemed highly unlikely I would ever have anywhere near 1,000 of them, and that is indeed still the case ... but then I decided to keep a list of bought items, and I have over 1,000 ebooks and games on my bought lists.

At some point long ago now, I fixed the digit issue in KindEbook Wishlist, but that must have been after I did the adaption for IonGoG Wishlist, and for some reason I either didn't think to fix IonGoG Wishlist at the time or it got delayed and I eventually forgot ... that comes no doubt from updating on one PC and using on another.

Now and then at various times, I would see an issue like blank lines and mismatched entry data when I swapped to viewing my bought user in IonGoG Wishlist. Today I finally spent some time to troubleshoot and it proved to be quite simple in the end, though it took a while for me to realize that, and then simple to fix. I rarely viewed my bought user, so diagnosing and fixing the issue kept getting put off and forgotten ... part of the reason for that, was how slow the bought user list was to load, and of course I improved that a lot recently for both KindEbook Wishlist and IonGoG Wishlist, hence the added motivation to fix the digit issue.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png