TheSaint

• Administrators

I keep promising myself, that I will actually spend some time delving into Regex until I get a handle on it, 

Buy RegExBuddy - I use it daily while working with the forum php (regex everywhere). It's amazing. Wish they'd make it for the mac.

Buy RegExBuddy - I use it daily while working with the forum php (regex everywhere). It's amazing. Wish they'd make it for the mac.

Yeah, I am also using it, the code generation feature is amazing (though not have for AutoIt, but not a problem).

I like to use http://regexper.com/ for visuals of a regex, which by the way @TheSaint, my regex can be tweaked to http://regexper.com/#(%3F%3A\|[ |]\|) What's that saying? So many ways to love a cat? =)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks guys, I will check those out.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Just letting those know, who are interested, a couple of things.

[1] I've coded some elements of the next update - minor bug & cosmetic stuff.

[2] The program crashed on me, twice, last night. I am putting it down, at the moment, to the state my Netbook was probably in at the time, as it has been a bit erratic lately.

Basically, it crashed when it got to around the 10th ebook entry on the list, during a Query ALL. I got the old Windows message of the program has stopped responding, and it would be investigated etc.

When I clicked okay, it quit out and I restarted it, and tried again, and it seemed to fail at the exact same place, again, 10th entry. So I restarted it again, and went and manually checked entries 9, 10, 11 individually, without a hiccup. I then did a Query ALL from the 11th entry on, for 52 entries, and it went without a hitch. So I am none the wiser, as the program had worked fine earlier in the day, with a full Query ALL, as it has done for 3 times a day for the last week or two. So my money is on a Netbook memory issue.

Anyway, because I was doing repeated Queries, while the program was still up and running, I discovered that I had forgotten to have the Flash Label text updated (reset), to say 'Please Wait!', when I'd added that option some time back. So basically, it just showed 'Finished - 0 changes found', until it actually found a change ... which didn't occur if it found none. So a silly oversight, now fixed. Because I only ever do a full Query ALL these days, then close the program down, I hadn't picked that issue up until now.

The cosmetic enhancement I have also coded, is to reduce the lines displayed when you look at the details of an ebook. So similar things are now grouped in a single line (prices, etc), which helps when the ebook has a large summary, etc.

I'm hanging off uploading, until I see whether any more ideas for an update surface in the next few days.

P.S. Program went without a hitch on first use today, so definitely not due to any web based changes.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

v1.7 uploaded, see first post.

WARNING - While this update does create a backup during the FIX process (requiring manual removal), unless you are sure of a previously created backup for each user, I would recommend creating your own manually. Each user file is only fixed, the first time it is selected by a user. The previous does not apply if you've already updated to v1.6.
Cosmetic changes to presentation of ebook detail, to reduce number of lines.
Fixed an overlooked reset of the Flash label to 'Please Wait!', which was only noticed on repeat queries while the program was still running.
Report Query now uses a split method, rather than just truncating the report at specified number of lines (default is 20 lines). This means any larger reports will get shown in a repeated dialog until all lines have been shown.
Looked into replacing some code with a Regex, but still lack a little understanding, so holding off until I gain enlightenment. However, thanks to the Regex example provided by AutoIt Developer guinness, I was reminded of the benefits of using @extended, so have improved things a bit with that for now.

NOTES - Not that much of an update, with improvements only and no new features. Most of the improvements would be welcome though, especially for long time users with growing records & reports. I hung off with this update for a few days, until I had the time to investigate the Regex code provided by guinness, Regex not being something I use very much, and never anything very complex. I don't like using code I've not got enough of a handle on, and the Help file for once wasn't clear enough on the meaning of "Non-capturing group" ... at least for me. Obviously I need to do some kind of tutorial.

Just before I dived into the Regex today, I got sidetracked, creating a completely new program, because I had a need for passworded 7-zip files with a specific incrementing name regime. So that was unplanned, and it used up a goodly portion of my time. And of course, the dreaded blue screen raised it's ugly head again today in the midst of that, after leaving me in peace for a couple of weeks. I noticed the Laptop seemed to be much warmer than usual (heaven's knows why), and I had to let it cool down a bit for a while, because the computer froze partway through the boot up process, twice, which is pretty rare. I actually thought the thing must have died. Anyway, it's been on for many more hours longer now, and has even be converting several video files, and has remained relatively cool, so it is obviously one of those machines that has a mind of its own.

I've continued to run this program a few times each day, and many times today, and the crash reported in the previous post has never occurred again, so I am certain more than ever now, that it was just one of those things my Netbook does on occasion, when it's been on a goodly while, and memory is low.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Help file on regular expressions has been updated tenfold by @jchd in the last couple of releases. You might want to download it. As for non-capturing group, there are plenty of tutorials and youtube videos which explain its purpose.

Edited by guinness
Pluralised release

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yeah I had noticed that when I was writing out my description and couldn't remember the name of the only bit that had stumped me. I have what was the latest Help file installed on this Netbook, along with SciTE.

I hadn't realized what an overhaul jchd had done, else I would have checked that for further clarity, like you suggest. Too weary right now to take anything in ... time for bed.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 4 months later...

v1.8 uploaded, see first post.

WARNING - While this update does create a backup during the FIX process (requiring manual removal), unless you are sure of a previously created backup for each user, I would recommend creating your own manually. Each user file is only fixed, the first time it is selected by a user. The previous does not apply if you've already updated to v1.6 or v1.7.

Search option added for Titles, which creates a 'Search' user.
Pre-Orders can now be included with Query of Favorites.
Alternate list lines are now two different colors (pale green & pale pink).
An entry line where a price has changed during a Query, is now colored bright green or red if the price was not available.
A 'Changed' user can now be created, to list just those ebooks where the price changed (or failed) in a Query.
Added a RENAME User option.

NOTES

I finally got back to working on an update for this program, that has been in my mind for some time.
Some months back, when working on another program (JPG-to-M2V), I became aware that more than one color could be used in a Listview with v3.3.0.0 of AutoIt. Previously I'd been under the mistaken understanding, that only one color was supported. Anyway, I discovered that you could have an alternate color, and it was simpler than listed in the Help file. So I have wanted to do that in this program since then, but didn't want to do an update just for that alone, so I waited for more ideas. For a little while now, I've thought that a Search facility would be handy for a number of reasons, so I have implemented a stored version of that, though it is probably not the best looking addition to the program. I did toy with the idea of doing a small Search GUI, but in the end elected to go simple and quick, with better useability, despite looking a bit 'B' Grade. I have also thought for some time, that lumping Pre-Orders with Favorites for a Favorites Query, would probably be nice, so that is now a right-click context menu enabled option.

While playing around with line coloring, I discovered that I could indeed set more than two colors in a Listview, so I have implemented Green and Red for Price change and Price failure, respectively. That is a big visual improvement.

It also occurred to me, that seeing the Search option creates a user called 'Search', which is available for the current user until overwritten, that I could do a similar user name method called 'Changed' for ebooks where price changed or failed in the latest Query (use the Star button).

It also then occurred to me, that it could be great to have an easy way to keep the resulting temporary user (Search or Changed) file from being overwritten, so I've implemented another right-click context menu option for USER, to Rename the current user.

The Search method works on the contains principle, in the 'Title' column.

So there you have it, a new update finally, that has some great new things.

P.S. If you wish to remove a stored Search item, just hold down the CTRL key while clicking the Combo, and a prompt to Delete will appear. In case you haven't realized, just reselect your normal user to clear Search and Changed user values.

Enjoy!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

I guess, that now is as good a time as ever, to pause and reflect.

I released the first version of this program back on the 16th January 2015, under the name KindEbook Price Query, so it is now nearly 12 months old, and it will be interesting to see price changes (for the first time) during the lead up to Xmas.

The program was renamed to KindEbook Wishlist at around 6 months on the 18th June 2015.

Just prior to renaming, the program had stopped working, as Amazon had changed something. I eventually managed to implement a Manual method of use, then Semi-Automatic, then Amazon changed something again, and all was fine for some new & improved code for the fully Automatic method again, which has been working faultless ever since ... at least for me, and I haven't had any complaints from others.

Perhaps the name change had an influence, along with the rewritten description, to make it clear the program was a Wishlist based helper and not an ebook prices comparison tool?

The program has certainly seen far more changes and updates than I envisaged, and does far more than I imagined it would do, though I am very pleased it does, and are pretty wrapped with the latest changes, as it makes it much visually easier to use, etc.

P.S. I don't currently have any updates in mind for a release on the anniversary, other than perhaps making it look less 'B' Grade due to the new Search option. I could improve that, by reducing the number of entries displayed (currently 20 on my Netbook screen, which it automatically resizes for). Anything else in mind, is quite minor. So feel free to offer suggestions.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Talking about another update and Xmas.

I am really hoping I get to capitalize on any good discounting of ebooks for the Kindle as Xmas gets ever nearer.

As for the update, I have it in mind, that instead of just showing green for a price change, I should show three different colors for that line (row).

Green - where the price has reduced significantly

Blue - where there has only been a minor change in price

Orange - where the price has risen significantly

And still Red for a failure of course.

I may also reduce the number of list rows shown, so that the Search field and Counter etc can be relocated to a better looking location within the Listview grouping, at top or bottom. I may also have an extra input for the display of ebook title, for better viewing and or to allow copying more easily.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Just as an interesting tidbit, my ebook purchases (58) surpassed the number of items on my list tonight (54). I've since added another item, so 55 now, that I check the price of. This is since the program had the option to keep a record of purchases, as I had purchased many more before that and of course before the first version of my program.

So I am guessing that number of ebook purchases was over something like 8 or 9 months .... roundabout ... with the program being close to 11 months old (original version). I have only bought a handful of physical books in that time ... my preference now, is almost entirely ebook. Once I get a few more larger, graphics based ebooks, I will no doubt buy a large tablet (Kindle Fire or Samsung etc), so I can see the images in color on a decent size screen.

Most of those purchases are sub $10 ... some significantly so ... and all above, are generally not by much, and have some good reason why I was prepared to go that high .... usually lots of colored graphics (like the Game Of Thrones - World Of Ice & Fire encyclopedia type ebook .... I paid round $14 or $15 for that ... when it dropped in price by about $5 a while back). One or two biographies I've purchased were a little over $11 or $12.

As I've said before though (here & elsewhere), my general cutoff price for a novel, is about $10 for new release, and reducing by age after that. I am a bit lenient to ebooks with lots of pages, so I occasionally bend my rules a little.

Spoiler

userbar.png

OTHER PLANNED UPDATES

In addition to what I mentioned in Post #32, it has also occurred to me that adding a WARNING option, that can be individually set per title, would be good .... ignored during a Query etc, but when the entry is clicked, pops up a message box with whatever warning has been set. That could be good for something like - "Don't get this ebook, you have it under another name." or "this story is in a collection you already have", etc. With that in mind, I may also add a permanent skip option for an entry during Queries.

I have decided I would also like the Search to include Author as an alternative to Title, to make up for the limitations of a Sort, where dual or multiple authorship is concerned.

It has also become clear to me, that I should have the colored lines (RED and GREEN) from the results of a Query continue to display (like the hashes and asterisks) even after a Sort and possible return to the user they were set for after a user change and back again.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

v1.9 uploaded (early Xmas present), see first post.

WARNING - While this update does create a backup during the FIX process (requiring manual removal), unless you are sure of a previously created backup for each user, I would recommend creating your own manually. Each user file is only fixed, the first time it is selected by a user. The previous does not apply if you've already updated to v1.6 or newer.

Added a check process to bring the program window to the fore, if minimized or non-active (if executed again while running).
Added a WARNING comment option for each title, via right-click, that displays a message if an entry has a warning, when clicked/selected.
Added a SKIP ability via right-click for an entry during any Query ALL, with each entry row with that applied, being shown as dark pink.
Improvements (bugfix) to the application of color for a row.
An Alert option added to Settings window, for determining large price change amount, and displaying colors for rows according to that during a Query (YELLOW = minor change, GREEN = large reduction, ORANGE = large increase). On a Re-Sort after a Query, all changes will be shown as Yellow rows. Same applies after changing users and returning to that user. Previously (v1.8) all price changes were indicated by bright green.
Search has been expanded to include Authors, and an input field added to show selected entry, where text displayed matches the column for Search (author or title).

NOTES

I ended up with a few more additions than I thought I would, and so was motivated after a little testing, to upload, rather than wait for Xmas or the anniversary in January. Hopefully everything has been tested well enough, but with the very nature of this program, it is real world testing over an extended period that will tell.

The program is using seven colors now (pale pink, pale green, red, dark pink being the other four). I had trialled Blue instead of Yellow, but in my case at least, that is the same color as my highlight row selection cursor (on my Netbook), so not a good choice. Dark Pink on my Laptop looks Violet on this Netbook.

I am currently using 20 (cents) for my Alert setting, but may up that to 30 or 40 after an initial testing period.

I can't see any more updates at this point, other than possible bugfixes, if any.

P.S. I don't know about other users, but Image Data has been failing for me of late when adding a new ebook to the list, so I am having to manually add the Image URL via that right-click 'MISSING' menu option. Obviously I didn't look into it before doing this update, but in the past it has proved elusive, and using the manual option works well and is easy enough for something that is once off.

MainGUI_1-9.jpg

GUImenu_1-9.jpg

SettingsGUI_1-9.jpg

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm .... well that was a bit disappointing ... only one good discounted ebook on my Wishlist.

I was hoping for so much more around Xmas.

Anyway, that one ebook was the perfect discount at $0.00 .... a reduction of $5.xx. Admittedly it wasn't novel length, but it was an interesting enough sounding story, that I would have been willing to pay something for, so I feel guilty now having got it for free.

Spoiler

userbar.png

It dawned on me quite some time ago, but I have been putting it off, that I will need to add an archive ability to this program, for price query results. Hopefully I will address that soon, perhaps as an anniversary thing.

No-one has complained yet, and I who use the program once to thrice daily, have had no issue yet, and I still have some original entries on my list. So I guess I still have some time up my sleeve for a while.

At the moment, it is limited by how long an INI entry string can be, so I need to come up with a method to expand that over multiple INI entries as need be. Shouldn't be too hard.

Nothing else in mind for the next update so far.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the anniversary of 16th January has passed, and I haven't done any work toward the aforementioned update yet.

I did think of something else to add a couple of days ago - an alert for an entry based on preset price. This would be signified by yet another color (not sure what yet) and would represent a preset price, that you would be happy to purchase that ebook at.

There has been quite a significant number of downloads of the program since its birth, with v1.9 (current) clocking in at 18 now, and strangely, v1.8 has grown to 38 downloads (most of those recently). No one has said anything about that last, so I have no idea why ... unless they are wanting to determine changes I made code wise, by comparative methods.

Of course, I have no idea how many copies of the program have been passed onto others, and I am pretty certain that if I did a public release, there would be a big uptake ... but I have resisted the temptation so far, even amongst family and friends on Facebook. I guess I worry, that if too many start using it, Amazon might not be happy, and therefor change something, complain, etc. Still, I haven't ruled out sharing it more widely.

Just recently, prices have started to trend toward better figures, so it is getting close for some ebooks for me, to purchase. But otherwise I haven't purchased much for quite a while now.

Going by the activity in the last year of use with my program, I have become much more aware of the stages and cycles pricing goes through or can. It has taught me to be patient and wait, which I have done more diligently as time went by, sometimes to great reward.

I may get a chance to work on the update soon, but I am aware that when my Tool Shed turns up, I will have a busy time ahead of me, erecting that and relocating things from the house, etc ... so it could be a month or two before the next update can happen.

But anyway, enjoy the current version until then ... it has been working really well for me, and hopefully for others.

Would be nice to get some feedback. :)

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

It has occurred to me today, that for me at least, but possibly others too, that it would be handy to have a Currency Conversion addition to the program. This would only be of use to those like me, who only purchase Kindle ebooks from the American Amazon store, and not the Amazon store in their own country. I do that primarily, because more ebooks I am interested in are listed at the main Amazon store.

Until a couple of years ago, all Australians could only purchase their Kindle ebooks through the American store, but now it is optional, as we have our own store.

So I have just done some tests, using curl.exe and sed.exe with BAT and TXT files, to get the current exchange rate from USD to AUD, using a Google call, and it works well. I imagine I won't have to use either of those EXE for the AutoIt version.

At the moment I am thinking of relocating the SAVE LIST button option to the right-click menu, and replacing that button position with the ON TOP button. If I then resize the ADD button to the same height as the REMOVE button, I then have a wide enough area below them both (hopefully) , for a field that would display the converted price. To see a that price, you would need to have the code enabled in program settings, then just click an entry to have the price appear in the field. In program settings, you will also have FROM and TO combos, to give further flexibility.

So for those who would like this, expect to see it in the next program version ... coming soon.

P.S. Of course, what Google use as the current exchange rate, probably won't match exactly with what Amazon will use, but hopefully close enough. As far as I have been able to determine, there are no Amazon API calls I could use instead of a Google call. It's an imperfect world at best.

P.S.S. I could show the converted prices in the Current column, but that is problematical for a few reasons, not least being accuracy, and the fact the exchange rate varies all the time. I imagine only using the converted price, just  before purchasing, as a kind of double-check.

P.S.S.S. For those who don't know, you can only purchase Kindle ebooks with the mandatory 1-Click purchase button, and so you never see the same pricing options/reports as you do with a regular Amazon purchase. So in effect, if there is exchange rate element to the transaction, you never see what you are really being charged (except on you Credit Card transaction history). This essentially means I have been guessing at the cost ... often without being aware of what the exchange rate actually is at that point in time. Occasionally I have got some rather disappointing surprises ... such is the fluctuations of the almighty dollar.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Okay, I've coded the Exchange Rate element and it works well. I've also added the Sweet Price element, though I'm not sure if the color white is a good choice to indicate an ebook price is at or below your Sweet Price, so I am still pondering over that, and would you believe, no price changes today so far, for me to do a visual test for that.

I'm still intent on adding the archive ability I mentioned earlier, but have other fish to fry at the moment, so probably won't look at that now until tomorrow, so those awaiting v2.0 will have to wait a little longer ... only another day or two hopefully.

P.S. I am also considering having all colors declared in the Settings.ini file, so that they can then be changed at will.

Spoiler

userbar.png