KindEbook Suite (BUGFIXes)

TheSaint

I have now added a 4th program to the mix, and decided to place all under the banner of a suite - KindEbook Suite.
I believe it will be better served by having its own topic, rather than attempt to edit the first few posts in the old one - KindEbook Wishlist.
It is also a chance to de-clutter and make some improvements.

MAIN PROGRAM

KindEbook Wishlist

COMPLIMENTARY PROGRAMS

AZWPlug

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre

UpdateFromOPF

Bucket-for-URLs

ConvertEbook (now replaced by Batch Ebook Convert if you wish) Redundant where KFX files are concerned.

Batch Ebook Convert (new)

CalibBrowser - Multi-faceted viewer for calibre  (while kind of complimentary, not part of the suite proper, not a step to apply)

ASSISTIVE PROGRAMS

Batch Create & Run

TeraCopy Timer

RECOMMENDED 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS & RESOURCES

calibre - Integral to the last two of my complimentary programs, and an important element of the first one. Basically an ebook database & conversion program, but also offers plenty more, especially adding ebooks to or removing ebooks from your reading device. Wikipedia

Sigil - A wonderful open source ebook editor & creator. Great for fixing issues with EPUB files, especially after converting from another format. Wikipedia

MobileRead Forums - Excellent resource for all things ebook.

BookBub  - Great advisory source for ebooks, that lets you know via email about great bargains at Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks. I still use KindEbook Wishlist with anything I obtain at Amazon via BookBub links, but usually just for a purchase record ... essentially I ADD (mostly freebies) and then immediately RELOCATE to my bought (b) user. A BIG Thanks to @willichan who told me many months ago, about BookBub. :D

Usage Of My Programs

To help others to understand about these programs and how to use them for the best benefit, I thought it best to outline how I use them, usually each and every day.

Quick Summary Of Usage  (in order of use)

1. KindEbook Wishlist - Amazon Kindle Wishlist, Price Checker, History of Changes, Record of Purchases.
2. Bucket-for-URLs - Assistant to KindEbook Wishlist with new ebook discoveries, if a lot of them. When BookBub freebies lead to many others at Amazon.
3. AZWPlug - Add Kindle purchases to a database and to calibre, plus get right-click detail of selected ebook file (once added to database).
4. UpdateFromOPF - Make changes or corrections to the Metadata (OPF) file in calibre.
5. Batch Ebook Convert - Convert existing ebook (usually AZW3, sometimes MOBI) to EPUB and if missing, MOBI.
6. TeraCopy Timer - Make backups locally (outside of calibre library), and to thumbstick for transfer to another PC etc.
7. Batch Create & Run - Make passworded and zipped backups to Google Drive (locally).
8. Add Book & All Formats To Calibre - Add one backup copy of each ebook (all formats) to calibre on another PC.

KindEbook Wishlist

Spoiler

The first two things I did way back when, was to fire up my browser and head to my Amazon Wishlist, while also executing the KindEbook Wishlist (which was called  KindEbook Price Query back then).

I then copied each Kindle ebook link (URL) from my Amazon wishlist, into KindEbook by using its ADD button. Of course, before doing any of that, I made sure I had all the settings in KindEbook as I wanted them ... including specifying my user name when the program first runs, and making sure that name was selected before adding ebooks.

After adding all the desired ebooks, I then went through the list in KindEbook, and right-clicked on those I wanted to give higher priority to than others, by specifying them as Favorite. With the later versions of KindEbook, you can now just use CTRL+F with a selected entry and bypass usage of the right-click context menu.

Once I completed specifying favorites, I then clicked on the ISBN column header, to sort them so that Favorites and any Pre-Orders are listed first. I then enabled the 'Sorted' checkbox on the main program window (to the right of the QUERY button and below the ON TOP button). That 'Sorted' option means the List will always be sorted that way for that user, when the program starts or when changing to that user.

All that done, it was time to do my first Query of the current prices, just for Favorites at this point (which includes Pre-Orders). To do that, I selected the top checkbox on the immediate right of the QUERY button, which put the program in QUERY ALL mode, then also selected the checkbox below that, which the put the program in QUERY FAVS mode, meaning query all favorites. NOTE - These days, that is what I do at least once a day, rarely ever doing a full QUERY ALL, but occasionally doing a QUERY NONS (non-favorites) immediately after the QUERY FAVS results have been checked.

Once the QUERY FAVS was selected, I then clicked the QUERY FAVS button, and let it do its price queries for each of the Favorites and Pre-Orders. Depending on the Delay and Random settings, plus the number of items being checked, the whole process could take several minutes.

When the process has completed, you get presented with a Results dialog. So I scanned that for significant changes. Later versions of KindEbook, also colored each entry line a specific color for a price change. I also much later (fairly recent) added an extra 'Last' column to the program. So while you can get specific fine detail from the Results dialog, you can also now just check any newly colored lines on the List and compare the prices in the 'Last' and 'Current' columns.

If the price of a listed ebook was then in the acceptable (to me) price range, I then right-clicked the entry and selected 'Go to web page' (second context menu entry from the top). When the Amazon Kindle ebook page finished loading, I then double-checked the price, and if satisfied clicked the buy button (Buy now with 1-Click).

I then went back to the KindEbook program, and right-clicked the entry again, and then selected the 'Set as bought' entry from the 'Selected Entry' sub menu of the List's right-click context menu. With the later versions of KindEbook, you can now just use CTRL+B with a selected entry and bypass usage of the right-click context menu. With this process, you get presented with an input where you can modify both the date of purchase and price, if either aren't correct.

I did all that for each and every item on the List that was in the acceptable price range.

When all was done, I then right-clicked the List and selected the 'Relocate all Bought ebooks' entry (5th from the bottom of the right-click context menu).

The 'Relocate' process will create a new user (if it doesn't exist) and relocate all the bought items to that user. The name used, is the same as the current user name, but has '(b)' appended to it (i.e. Fred (b)). The 'b' obviously signifying bought.

You can check on all bought items anytime, by selecting that '(b)' user name. You can also specify how that user's list is sorted and make it permanent too.

NOTE - There are many options to do all sorts of things in the KindEbook Wishlist, but one particularly handy one, is to use CTRL+I with a selected entry, to see detail about a particular ebook, including its cover image (if you elected to have that saved in the program). You could of course just view the web page anytime instead, but as well as the Summary and Cover image, you also get to see it's price history and any notes you may have made. There is also a plain text variant, accessed using CTRL+T. Both reports are also available using the usual browse the right-click context menu entries (Selected Entry Detail --> Image + Text) or (Selected Entry Detail --> Text only).

AZWPlug

Spoiler

While AZWPlug can be used with any AZW or MOBI file, it is primarily setup to use with those same file types found in your 'My Kindle Content' folder, which is usually found in your Documents (or My Documents) folder. If you have changed that default location, then you will need to go into the Settings window of AZWPlug, and set the right location.

When you get your ebook files from Amazon, via the Kindle For PC application, they now get downloaded to a folder, with a name like 'B00FAX7A0K_EBOK' and contain one or more files with that same base name and maybe a 'tmp' folder or something. We are only interested in a file like 'B00FAX7A0K_EBOK.azw', where the extension is AZW (or MOBI).

After I have used KindEbook Wishlist to check the price of an ebook and then decided to buy it, I then fire up the Kindle For PC  app, and download that ebook to it.

Once that has been done for one or more ebook purchases, I then fire up AZWPlug and then click on the DROP BOX button, selecting the YES option (or NO if the 'My Kindle Content' folder is already open). AZWPlug is closed and the floating AZWDrop box appears. I then position that dropbox in a convenient position in regard to the 'My Kindle Content' folder.

I work with the files and folders in the 'My Kindle Content' folder, based on their date. If you have been using the Kindle For PC  app as long as I have, then you probably also have AZW or MOBI files just loosely located in that folder, and not in their own sub-folder, as well as the newer variant that are in their own sub-folder.

In the past with AZWPlug, you usually selected an AZW or MOBI file, by right-clicking the file and selecting the 'Scan Ebook' entry on the Windows right-click context menu that appears. You can still do that, but using the dropbox for either the file or the sub-folder that contains the file, is now the best way to use AZWPlug. NOTE - Until I make planned changes to AZWPlug, the only way to add (Scan) an ebook to the program, is for AZWPlug to be closed. The dropbox however is a separate executable file, and remains running until all desired ebooks have been added (scanned) into the AZWPlug database. Because of the way the AZWPlug was originally conceived, it is a requirement that it be opened and closed for each ebook being added/scanned. That is something I intend to change, when I get around to it. Like most of my programs, they grow far beyond their original concept and usage.

When you add an ebook (drag & drop etc), you will either get a dialog that tells you some basic detail about the ebook (because it has been scanned and added to the database already) or you are presented with the 'Results Selector' window, where if lucky all four required fields there have been correctly populated. More often than not though, some manual tweaking is usually required to set the right entries in the four fields. NOTE - The program does its best to guess what is right, but four Methods are available to help the user. Method 2 is the best one to use, and almost 40% of the time it gets things right. You can choose other methods from the Selector window, but setting a permanent one is only done from the Settings window. If you assign entries to each field, then they are returned (via a prompt) when changing methods.

Once the four fields have been populated as you wish, then close the Selector window. You are then usually presented with the main program 'Ebook Display' window, with the added ebook entry displayed and selected. From that, you can make specific changes to case and author name(s) etc, culminating in clicking the UP button to set changes permanently.

If you intending to add the ebook to calibre and using AZWPlug to help you do so, then with the ebook entry selected, click the far left 'Add To' button.

At this point, if you are adding more ebooks, then close AZWPlug and add/scan your next ebook, repeating the above.

Once you have added all ebooks, and then want to add them (as listed) to calibre, then enable (select) the checkbox on the immediate right of the 'Run Calibre' button. This puts that button into the 'Run Calibre With List' mode.

Now you just click that button, and sit back while all the listed ebooks (those you specified with the 'Add To' button) are added to calibre. NOTE - At this point, unless all the ebooks are DRM Free, you will get a complaint from calibre for each one that isn't. How you get around that issue, is up to you, but the MobileRead Forums do have information to help you solve DRM issues. That will involve a plugin for calibre. The AZWPlug program has a facility (found in Settings) to add and or remove plugins during the 'Run Calibre With List' process, if you wish to use a plugin on-the-fly only.

NOTE - You can close the dropbox any time after you added your last ebook, and if you have elected to have calibre run, you can now also close AZWPlug when calibre starts to appear.

Spoiler

This program is essentially only useful for two things, either transferring individual ebooks from one calibre library to another, or reinstating in an existing calibre library. I mostly use it for the first of those two activities, as while I download ebooks on my web connected Win 7 Netbook, I eventually only store in calibre on my non web connected Win XP Laptop.

This program then, is last in line for me, after first using KindEbook Wishlist, then AZWPlug, then UpdateFromOPF, then converting my ebooks using calibre, to both EPUB and MOBI where needed. I then transfer them (those calibre created author ebook folders) by thumb drive from Netbook to Laptop, which is where I use Add Book & All Formats To Calibre. I also backup those same folders to Google Drive (in passworded author name zip files) etc, before deleting them from the Netbook calibre library.

While the program does have some (older) command-line support, I always use the now superior dropbox method of addition to a calibre library.

So after copying the calibre created author ebook folders to a local folder on my Laptop, I then open each folder and drill down to the metadata OPF file for each ebook, and drag that file onto the dropbox for Add Book & All Formats To Calibre.

If the ebook doesn't exist in the calibre library I am adding to. then all goes to plan, and after I have eventually added all of the ebooks, I then close the program (which is just the dropbox really, if I have enabled running calibre) and calibre starts up, and the program presents a FIND dialog to assist with finding the ebooks that were just added. NOTE - If you have no desire or need to check the added ebooks, then this is where you stop using Add Book & All Formats To Calibre. For me, this is where I get to check on how well the earlier conversions worked, especially as my Netbook is always busy doing lots of stuff, so I save the checking for the Laptop, which is my main workhorse for such things.

Once calibre has finished loading, then you click the FIND button and the author displayed in the dialog input should be found and displayed in calibre's search results window. If more than one ebook is listed, select the right one.

With the correct ebook selected, click on the VIEW button, which will minimize the FIND dialog, while executing calibre's E-book Viewer program for the ebook & format specified. NOTE - These processes are all based on the program's default settings, which can of course be adjusted to your own preferences.

With the ebook loaded and displayed in your desired format (for me, usually EPUB), I then quickly browse the ebook, to see that all looks as it should. Generally I do this by jumping from chapter to chapter, usually checking the start and end of each. Calibre has hotkeys to usually make this a pretty simple process. NOTE - I have the E-book Viewer program set at a specific width, and have that set in calibre settings for the next time I use it. That saves me having to muck around each time I use it, and I can just click the hotkeys to do my checking, finalizing in the HOME key combo at the end to jump back to the start of the ebook (as calibre recalls your place in the ebook, for subsequent viewings). See the ADVICE section below if you have browsing issues.

Once you have checked the ebook, close the viewer, and within seconds the FIND dialog should reappear (no longer minimized).

Click the NEXT button on the dialog, to advance to the next author, then click the FIND button and repeat the relevant instructions above. NOTE - You may have noticed that the last ebook (author) is the first displayed in the FIND dialog. This is because the program runs backwards through the list of additions, which might seem counter-intuitive until you realize it also allows you to go beyond your recent additions (provided of course, that you have used the program before). In some instances, you may click the NEXT button and the author name will not appear to have changed. This would be where you have added more than one ebook from the same author consecutively. You probably still have the same author search results window open in calibre, and have already checked any other ebooks by that author that were added, so just click on NEXT again. Of course, you can always click the BACK button to confirm you haven't missed anything etc.

Once you have checked all added ebooks, close the FIND dialog and all is done.

ADVICE
Sometimes ebooks are not simple to check in the above listed manner, because of how they are formatted or setup, and what may not have survived the conversions involved. I have given the program a few methods to deal with this annoying circumstance.

To access these methods, manually restore the FIND dialog, which has been minimized. When restored, you will see that some Chapter options become available to you, one of which will hopefully help you. If all else fails, you should be able to use the GOTO method, which will help you jump through the ebook at specified intervals (pages).

These Chapter jump methods can be somewhat imperfect, with the biggest issue I have found, between calibre versions. Everything works fairly well for me on my Laptop, where only older versions of calibre are supported in WIN XP. On newer versions of calibre (3.xx at least), there is an issue with the calibre search field in the Viewer. This issue is related to prior searches. For example, if you search for Chapter 2, and that has never been searched for before, then a simple ENTER done after the program inserts the 'Chapter 2' text is all you need to jump to the first instance of that text, starting at the current position in the ebook and going forward. It also potentially wraps around to the atart of the ebook. Earlier (1.xx at least) versions of calibre, do not require use of the ENTER key, and just jump automatically. A problem exists, when that search text 'Chapter 2' has been used before, where you will get a double ENTER occurring. In that instance, it is better to use the TAB key instead. For me as the coder to cater for this circumstance, I have yet to find a way of determining when to use TAB instead of ENTER.

All but the GOTO method, require that what is essentially a search for specified text operation, be a unique or very limited existence scenario. When you are wishing to jump to something like 'Chapter 2' or 'Chapter Two' or the Roman Numeral version 'Chapter II', things are usually pretty simple, as that text usually only exists in three places - Index at the start, Index at the end of the ebook, and then hopefully at the start of the chapter itself between those. So as long as you start each search (chapter jump) at the right starting location, all should work as expected.

Things become quite difficult though when the leading word 'Chapter' is missing. This is especially so for many Roman Numerals, which of course will be found in their multitude throughout the ebook - I, V, X, IV, VI being the most obvious to come to mind. Not much you can do about that state of affairs, and usually the GOTO method is the only way forward.

The first time you use the CHAPTER button with whatever method has been selected, you will be asked for the starting point, which will be a chapter number ... or in the case of GOTO, the first goto portion. Repeated clicking of the CHAPTER button after that will increment the number by one. At any time, you can repeat the same number search, by holding down the CTRL key while clicking the CHAPTER button ... calibre also has some arrow buttons to jump to next or previous instance.

With the GOTO option, you also need to set a second value at the beginning, which is essentially the number of pages to jump for each CHAPTER button click.

For me personally, I don't have to use the CHAPTER jump options very often ... maybe for one in every 30 or 40 ebooks, perhaps more. And most of those are simple 'Chapter 2' or 'Chapter Two' type scenarios. A very rare ebook requires me to use the GOTO method. But then, I am perhaps lucky in those circumstances, that I am using an older (1.xx) version of calibre on my WIN XP laptop.

NOTE - To solve the TAB or ENTER issue, I really need to programmatically be able to either CLEAR past search history in the E-book Viewer or be able to grab that search history to check for the chapter search text existence. So any help in that regard from another programmer, would be greatly appreciated ... perhaps some UIAutomation code.

UpdateFromOPF

Spoiler

The UpdateFromOPF program is only useful for those who want greater control than what calibre currently offers when using the Metadata Editor. By greater control, I am referring to one click usage for things like Titlecase and author name layout, and easily extracting & removing elements from the ebook title field, and adding desired bits and pieces to the Comments (description) field. There are several benefits to be gained, by those who would like them, but most may not want them.

I start the process of using the UpdateFromOPF program, from within calibre, by selecting the first ebook entry I wish to check and make changes to. I select it, then click the 'Open containing folder' button. Then I close calibre, as it needs to be closed if you want to see the results of any SAVED changes afterward (requires re-opening calibre).

Then I start using the UpdateFromOPF program itself, by right-clicking (in this first instance) on the ebooks metadata file. NOTE - This will only work for you, if you have associated OPF files with the UpdateFromOPF program. I myself have just added an 'Open with' entry on the Windows right-click context menu.

The other way to start using the program, and the best method ultimately, is to use the program's dropbox. I however, find for the first ebook file, that using the 'Open with' entry is te best way to start. If you don't have that option, just run the UpdateFromOPF program, to see the dropbox, and drag your ebook metadata file to it.

With Kindle ebook files added to calibre, you generally have an OPF file named, metadata.opf.

When you have selected the OPF file by either method mentioned above, the 'Metadata Editor' window will appear. NOTE - At this stage I usually remember to either close the folder containing the OPF file or browse to outside the author name folder. This is to prevent an empty author name folder being leftover after SAVE, because the folder was deemed as 'in use', which prevents its deletion or renaming. A renaming will occur if the author name layout has changed, and the same for the ebook title folder, if that title has changed. Calibre generally truncates names that are too long, and also only uses the first author name specified, and places a bracketed ID number after the ebook title, that title having perhaps been shortened as well.

I then follow a set order of steps, to make the metadata match my requirements. First, I have a quick look at the 'Title' field, and if that contains unwanted text or incorrect case, I then proceed making changes to it, using the available options.

In many cases, if a Kindle ebook, the 'Title' field will contain some series detail and perhaps even a short description of the ebook or genre. To deal with that extra unwanted text in the title field, I first click the '1 - Series' button in the 'Extract From Title' grouping. The program uses several checks to copy what it thinks is right, to the 'Series' field, including determining the rank of an ebook in its series. NOTE - This is a best guess scenario, and unless things are straight forward, there will always be some editing of results required, if just using the TRIM button for a leading 'The' word. Holding down CTRL while clicking the TRIM button will a trim a word from the end instead of start.

The '1 - Series' button changes to a 'Wipe Series' button after it has been used. I find this useful, as sometimes due to entry length in the 'Title' field, it is not always easy (without fiddly checking) to see if a Series name is indeed involved. If it copied text to the 'Series' field and it isn't a series name, I just click the 'Wipe Series' button to remove the copied text.

After sorting out any 'Series' text, I then click the '2 - Comment' button if I need to deal with any unwanted text in the 'Title' field. That button will copy whatever it thinks is not part of the title (including any series text) to the 'Comments' field. It will insert it with a line feed, before any existing comments (description). I do this, even to just remove any Series text, as I see the 'Comments' field as a way to record any changes I make.

At this point, with any luck, all that remains in the 'Title' field, is the title. To which I apply Titlecase if need be, and also duplicate (copy) to the 'Title Sort' field using the provided (arrow) button.

I then check the 'Author(s)' field to see if any changes are needed there. Nearly always, I need to use the FIX button to change author first name(s) from last to first position, based on the comma. I rarely need to fix the case though. I then use the duplicate (copy) to the 'Author Sort' field using the provided (arrow) button. NOTE - Depending on the type of ebooks you get, you may get ebooks with multiple author names. Generally this is for short story collections, but will also apply to books that are written by an author and co-author. The FIX button will report on multiple author names, and offer to relocate all but the first listed, to the 'Comments' field. Most may not want that to occur, and certainly for me where it is just author and co-author, I don't either. However, personally I hate seeing lots of author names in the 'Author(s)' field, so I allow all but first to be relocated to the 'Comments' field, and manually apply any necessary edits. My view, is that the editor(s) should be the only name in the 'Author(s)' field in these cases.

WARNING - The OPF metadata file is an XML based text file, so each author listed gets its own 'creator' entry. If you elect to have most authors in a mutliple author scenario, relocated to the 'Comments' field, then you will lose the 'creator' entry for all of those. That does not bother me at all, but it might you. In any case, you can always manually copy the author names back from the 'Comments' (description) field in calibre, if you made a mistake or changed your mind later.

Once you are happy with any changes you have made, then to update the ebook entry in calibre itself, click the SAVE button. After that, move on to the next ebook (if any).

When you have processed all ebooks, close the dropbox and if set, calibre will start, and you can check on your changes.

That's it, now you can do other processes in calibre, like conversion to your favorite formats, for backup etc.

Bucket-for-URLs

Spoiler

When browsing Amazon Kindle Ebook web pages, you can often come across other ebooks of interest, and then before you know it, you may have heaps of browser tabs open, as each page links to even more. Before long it all becomes a complicated mess.

This program seeks to simplify things, by giving you the ability to deal with extra pages without the clutter. You can do that by copying further links to its dropbox or by dragging them there.

This then gives you the chance to check out each ebook page's sub (advert) pages fully, before maybe clicking the BUY button.

So essentially, you click the DROPBOX button, then drag & drop (copy) a URL to the floating dropbox.
After adding all you wish to the list, you then start processing each entry, by clicking the GO TO WEB PAGE button, and perhaps adding even more URLs during the process.
Once you have processed all links for each entry on the list, then you click the CHECKING IS DONE button to mark an entry 'Done' (which turns it green).
When you want to, you can remove the 'Done' entries, with the REMOVE button. NOTE - Holding down CTRL too, gives a prompt to delete all entries.

NOTES - Clicking the column headers will sort the list. Alphabetical A to Z for Titles, or when entry added if the No. (number) column. If you enable the 'Sort' checkbox, then on program start the list will be sorted via the last sort used. When clicking the DONE button, selection moves to next entry.

ConvertEbook

Spoiler

Details for the first very basic version, can be found at Post #36. Batch Ebook Convert has essentially replaced this simple program.

This program is best used with my recent Batch Create & Run (ASSISTIVE PROGRAMS).

Batch Ebook Convert

Spoiler

A replacement for ConvertEbook (a Batch Create & Run like element has been incorporated) ... essentially an amalgamation of both (with improvements etc) ... at least as far as converting is concerned. See Post #41.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist

Much older versions of the program can be found here - KindEbook Wishlist

KindEbook_5-9.png

KindEbook_5-9_settings.png

The KindEbook Wishlist, is basically a compliment to your regular store wishlist, but has a history element and allows you to check current and previous prices etc in a better, quicker and more organized fashion. Essentially it assists and hopefully improves with decision making, when it comes to determining whether to make a purchase yet or not.
You could compare it to manually and painfully creating something like an Excel spreadsheet for the same purpose, without the time, complexity and pain involved.
You can sort by Title, Author, Current Price, Lowest Price, Add Order, Favorites, etc.
You can view details - Book Description, Price Changes, etc.
You can open the ebook URL in your web browser, where you can elect to make the purchase.
The program supports multiple users, shared titles, shared comments and private comments, etc.
After purchase, an ebook can be relocated to a bought list (per user).
Price can be queried on an individual title basis or ALL titles (starting at first or selected or only favorites or not favorites).
Dates are recorded for most processes, with various reporting options.
I call it a wishlist on steroids.

KindEbook Wishlist v8.3.zip  (detail Post #132)  MAJOR SPEED IMPROVEMENT

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

KindEbook Wishlist v5.9.zip  (detail Post #6(92 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.0.zip  (detail Post #21(72 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.1.zip  (detail Post #28) BUGFIX  (8 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.3.zip  (detail Post #38(34 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.4.zip  (detail Post #39(116 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.6.zip  (detail Post #72)  (54 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.8.zip  (detail Post #88)  (24 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v6.9.zip  (detail Post #106(18 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v7.0.zip  (detail Post #111(57 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v7.5.zip  (detail Post #113(15 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v7.6.zip  (detail Post #118)  (0 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v7.7.zip  (detail Post #121)  (154 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v8.1.zip  (detail Post #130) MAJOR BUGFIX. (100 downloads)

KindEbook Wishlist v8.2.zip  (detail Post #131)  MAJOR SPEED IMPROVEMENT (97 downloads)

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

AZWPlug

Previous versions of the program can be found here - KindEbook Wishlist

AZWPlug_5-5_display.png.61b266f130e29c31b3f9f997eb0a483e.png

AZWPlug_5-5_setup.png.1efadb75540ff37ee2584f63981c76f8.png

Images For Alternate Method

Spoiler

AZWPlug_3-1_dropbox.png  AZWPlug_3-7_results.png.c15537e69d2ecb7f48554cbb43793684.png  AZWDrop_menu.png.a58cb604f6bf8ec03eb961b240bbd5ab.png

AZWPlug v6.8.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #128)

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

AZWPlug v3.0.zip  (detail Post #9(72 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.1.zip  (detail Post #10(63 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.2.zip  (detail Post #15Re-Upped  (2 prior downloads)  (13 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.3.zip  (detail Post #18(10 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.4.zip  (detail Post #23(15 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.5.zip  (detail Post #26 (8 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.6.zip  (detail Post #29(7 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.7.zip  (detail Post #33 (13 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.8.zip  (detail Post #44 (17 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.0.zip  (detail Post #55 (12 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.1.zip  (detail Post #56 (14 downloads)

AZWPlug v3.9.zip  (detail Post #53 (21 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.2.zip  (detail Post #59) Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug.  (13 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.4.zip  (detail Post #61) BUGFIX etc.  (5 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.5.zip  (detail Post #63 (6 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.6.zip  (detail Post #64 (6 downloads)

AZWDrop v2.7.zip    (detail Post #68)  (51 downloads)

AZWPlug v4.0.zip    (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.3) MAJOR CHANGE / IMPROVEMENT   (detail Post #60)  (65 downloads)

AZWPlug v4.3.zip    (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.7)   (detail Post #69 (19 downloads)

AZWPlug v4.6.zip (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.7)  (detail Post #73) (26 downloads)

AZWPlug v4.9.zip (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #73) (28 downloads)

AZWPlug v5.0.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9) (detail Post #81(15 downloads)

AZWPlug v5.1.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9) (detail Post #82) (14 downloads) OOPS I just discovered no AZWDrop.exe in zip.

AZWPlug v5.2.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #87)  (13 downloads)

AZWPlug v5.5.zip   (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #89)   (2 downloads)
WARNING - A BUG has been found. Details Here at Post #90.

AZWPlug v5.6.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #91)  BUG fixed.  (10 downloads)

AZWPlug v5.7.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #92(5 downloads)  Another BUG fixed.

AZWPlug v5.8.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #95) BUGFIX etc.  (11 downloads)

AZWPlug v6.0.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #99) BUGFIX etc.  (3 downloads)

AZWPlug v6.1.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #105)  (19 downloads)

AZWPlug v6.2.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #112)  (23 downloads)

AZWPlug v6.4.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #117)  (0 downloads)

AZWPlug v6.5.zip  (all inclusive version, with AZWDrop v2.9)  (detail Post #120)  (44 downloads)

Older Screenshots

Spoiler

AZWPlug_3-0_display.png.09f705e457500f775f0251b233e5effc.png

AZWPlug_3-1_results.png

AZWPlug_3-0_dropbox.png  AZWPlug_3-4_results.png.7d775acacb9025de86750a9ab3e17fc4.png

AZWPlug_3-7_display.png.952a1ada90ad8ac7edf80ee45abfbb8d.png

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Spoiler

userbar.png

Previous versions of the program can be found here - KindEbook Wishlist

AddToCalibre_DROP_3-8.PNG.aa3e7dfada241ea529c29522db7a136a.PNG  ADDtoCalibre_Find.png.5418b4d82f98e84da1a17348d8054d9c.png

5b547106256e0_FindGUI.PNG.75353bde2f77f4ec6dd24e9b21e867a6.PNG   5b54710a9b28e_FixCover.PNG.ef25f7dbad72af50be33efd716455cbf.PNG

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v5.0.zip  (detail Post #128)

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.0.zip  (detail Post #8(168 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.1.zip  (detail Post #30) BUGFIX  (6 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.2.zip  (detail Post #34(11 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.3.zip  (detail Post #47) BUGFIX  (28 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.4.zip  (detail Post #48(39 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.5.zip  (detail Post #56(27 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.6.zip  (detail Post #56(31 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.7.zip  (detail Post #57(43 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v2.9.zip  (detail Post #65(30 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.4.zip  (detail Post #71)  (31 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.5.zip  (detail Post #71)  (45 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.6.zip  (detail Post #79(41 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.8.zip  (detail Post #93) (2 downloads)  RE-UPPED (see Post #94)  (9 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v4.1.zip  (detail Post #101)  (3 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v4.2.zip  (detail Post #104(15 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v4.4.zip  (detail Post #108(22 downloads)

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v4.7.zip  (detail Post #116(50 downloads)

Older Screenshots

Spoiler

AddToCalibre_FIND_2-1.PNG.58224d02b50df90136260413a66bad1a.PNG

AddTo_dropbox.png.d60adf0d6acced3cf155da76172fb83f.png  AddTo_Findbox.png.fef690b538f66f1924f3efbef2669c6f.png

AddToCalibre_DROP_2-1.PNG.b6197818e61cb9edde8e230d1284d83a.PNG

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF

Some of the following screenshots are now significantly out-of-date, though most of the essentials are still the same.

OPF_dropbox_2-0.png.f4a94e593a8887b6738c37e342acf781.png  OPF_startbar.png.2dcc4473e8347969cc5c3fdfb7ceec9e.png   or   UFO_dropbox.png.6f75f38c0416b0f7d761ab6307bb15eb.png  OPF_startbar_2.png.b562be3cdcb05c38588dbdf791a1e729.png

UFO_editor.png.ff5befd2a855004e42a4c06ad746684e.png

UFO_fetch.png.8a2297fc476c6f52f2520246881869fe.png

Fetchcover.png.e5f0ba5a120b5dd13983159f0b28f737.png

UpdateFromOPF v7.5.zip  (detail Post #128LATEST

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

UpdateFromOPF.zip  (detail Post #7(18 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.1.zip  (detail Post #11) Includes a WARNING(18 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.4.zip  (detail Post #19(11 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.5.zip  (detail Post #22(11 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.6.zip  (detail Post #24) BUGFIX  (14 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.7.zip  (detail Post #27(6 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v1.8.zip  (detail Post #31(7 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.0.zip  (detail Post #35(8 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.1.zip  (detail Post #42(3 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.2.zip  (detail Post #45) Very Minor Bugfix(2 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.3.zip  (detail Post #49) Fairly minor update  (3 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.4.zip  (detail Post #50) Includes very minor Bugfix(12 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.5.zip  (detail Post #51(18 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.6.zip  (detail Post #54(35 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v2.9.zip  (detail Post #70(56 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v3.3.zip  (detail Post #74(25 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v3.4.zip  (detail Post #80)  (18 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v3.7.zip  (detail Post #85)  (8 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v3.9.zip  (detail Post #86)  (14 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v4.0.zip  (detail Post #88)  (21 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v4.4.zip   (detail Post #97)  (8 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v4.7.zip   (detail Post #98)  (3 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v5.0.zip  (detail Post #103)   (1 download)

UpdateFromOPF v5.2.zip  (detail Post #107(22 downloads)

UpdateFromOPF v6.2.zip  (detail Post #114(176 downloads) MAJOR UPDATE

UpdateFromOPF v6.3.zip  (detail Post #123)   (1 download)

UpdateFromOPF v6.4.zip  (detail Post #124)   (39 downloads)

Older Screenshots

Spoiler

OPF_dropbox.png.79f9e09232cbe63db4ee5c38063db909.png   OPF_dropbox_2-1.png.fe5f29f4bde7eac300519f5f7054334c.png

Fetched.png.78fcbc172ebf09c3aca4f55eb3c1becf.png

OPF_Editor.png

OPF_Editor_1-5.png.8002ab00fc29245d566357894f59910e.png

OPF_Editor_2-0.png.fa2a5deb97fb0ef0fe77216a9c6ab138.png

OPF_Editor_1-8.png.7177437717f5c6c20891f870bbe9490f.png

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.9, see Post #2.

(v5.9)
When the option to download Image Data has been set, you can now elect to not be queried about Saving a JPG file, if found when Image Data is not available. Accelerator Keys for COPY and MOVE changed again, to (Alt-C) & (Alt-M) plus (Alt-P) & (Alt-S) for comments, from (Shift-C), (Shift-M), (Shift-P), (Shift-S) respectively, to avoid occasional issue with SHIFT usage.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

First version of UpdateFromOPF made available, see Post #5.

This program can be used via Windows right-click 'Open with' menu, if you associate the program with OPF (.opf) files ... or just use the Dropbox.

Basically in a nutshell, the program adds some options not available in the calibre Metadata Editor, that I particularly wanted and that others may appreciate. Like all of my programs, it is about reducing and simplifying repetitive tasks.

OPF (.opf) files are basically an XML file, and look great when opened in SciTE, which I have associated with mine as the main viewer program.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v2.0, see Post #4.

(v2.0)
Added some support for newer (3.xx) versions of Calibre. Use of the word 'Chapter' at the front of the chapter number, can now be enabled with CHAPTER button by a checkbox. Have also added Roman Numerals (Nums) to the mix. The default Delay for a Window to open, has been increased to 20 seconds (from 15). Another checkbox was added, which can be used to indicate the use of ENTER, after sending Chapter text (not needed in Calibre v1.xx). Added a SETUP window, accessed through the FIND window Information dialog. SETUP gives access to the previously INI file only delay setting, plus allows disabling FIND window minimizing, and the CHAPTER options can be enabled at will. PLEASE NOTE -  I have had some trouble in getting the CHAPTER button to always work correctly with Calibre v3.15. This may also apply to other recent versions, but works flawless with v1.41 of Calibre. In any case the Chapter options are just really special circumstance ones, and not usually needed.

(v1.9)
Added a Goto option, so that the CHAPTER button skips through a set number of pages each click. This is basically for use, where chapters haven't been included in an ebook. The reset back to first chapter (or Goto point), is now also done when selecting the type of Chapter Jump (i.e. Text, Digit, Goto), not just when clicking FIND or BACK or NEXT.

(v1.8)
Added a CHAPTER button, which might work, to assist with badly formatted ebooks, when wanting to jump from chapter to chapter. At times it can be very imprecise, as it uses the calibre E-book Viewer's Search function, and so chapter text needs to exist either as an alpha number or digit (with or without the leading 'Chapter' text), i.e. ONE or 1. If CTRL is used with CHAPTER button it goes back one chapter (a number before button was clicked).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v3.0, see Post #3.

(v3.0) While you can still select the scan method on the Results Selector window, any selection made there does not now update the default method setting, which can only be permanently changed on the Database window via the Settings dialog. Added a Confirmation Query dialog when electing to clear the calibre ADD List. The VIEW the ADD List dialog now also displays a count of all items, in the dialog title. When clicking the PUBLISHER button on the Results Selector window with CTRL held down, it now toggles between clearing the current value and the default value of 'unknown or self'. Holding down SHIFT instead, sets the default value of 'unknown or self' regardless. Added some more error checking.

(v2.9) Buttons etc immediately below the main GUI list, have been modified and some made bigger, to accommodate the new 'DROP BOX' button. The new 'DROP BOX' feature allows faster & easier adding of ebooks to be scanned & added, via a floating dropbox, instead of the Windows right-click context menu 'Use Scan Ebook' entry. All controls are now disabled during a LOAD or SORT and then re-enabled afterward (when Slicker Method is not set).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v3.1, see Post #3. Screenshot added & another updated.

(v3.1) Improved the Dropbox to now accept an ebook folder, and extract the AZW or MOBI file from that. A right-click context menu entry, 'Open the Kindle Content folder', has been added to the dropbox field. 'DROP BOX' button query dialog improved.

NOTE - Sources are now included in the zip file. Somehow I had not realized they were missing.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v1.1 , see Post #5.

(v1.1) When the extract '1 - Series' button has been used, it then becomes a 'Wipe Series' field button, in case you should need a quick clear method. The FIX button for Author(s), now reports on any multiple author names found and queries moving all but the first to the Comments field, if desired. The extract '2 - Comment' button is now disabled after use. Any carriage return or line feed in original Comments (description) is now ignored and left as, rather than display such in the Comments field, to avoid the potential of user error (unwanted insertions at such a point).

WARNING - My personal preference, is to only have a small number of authors listed as the ebook author. So usually that is one or two authors, and if a various authors collection, just the editor(s). With multiple authors found (two or more), you now get prompted (by FIX button) to have all but the first listed, relocated to the Comments field. If you elect to go with that, then you will lose the regular multiple author entries in the (XML based) OPF file. That doesn't bother me, but it might bother you, so if so just click CANCEL when prompted.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Not only have I added somewhat detailed usage instructions for KindEbook Wishlist a few days ago, I have now just added the same for the AZWPlug and UpdateFromOPF programs. See the first post, spoiler sections.

Usage instructions for Add Book & All Formats To Calibre are still to come.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

I have now also added usage instructions for Add Book & All Formats To Calibre in the first post, spoiler sections.

CELEBRATING - My good buddy TheDcoder has just advised me of my 9,999 post status. So I guess this will be number 10,000. :D

Spoiler

userbar.png

Added a new section to first post - RECOMMENDED 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS & RESOURCES

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

AZWPlug updated, to v3.2, see Post #3.

(v3.2) Some program titles changed from Calibre to CalibreDB, and a 'Run CalibreDB With List options' section added to the 'Setup' window. These new options (Start, Open, Close) allow for greater support & flexibility, especially with my other related programs and new ways of doing things.

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug v3.2 re-uploaded, see Post #3.

Somehow (probably got distracted at a crucial moment) I forgot to complete some code, regarding the Open the Calibre Library folder option.

Apologies to the two who downloaded.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bucket-for-URLs  (Amazon Kindle Ebook Web Page Links)

BucketGUI_1-3.png.d18932ac19fe58355542f6f1d8e7ce1c.png  Bucket.png

My latest endeavor, another tool for the suite.

Basically I use this program, when I find I have started opening too many tabs in my browser. This is especially so when checking out freebies at Amazon via BookBub. So this allows me to keep tabs to a minimum, but still have ready access to other URLs I have come across that I want to check.

Bucket-for-URLs v2.2.zip  (see detail at Post #128)

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

Bucket-for-URLs.zip  (25 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v1.1.zip  (see detail at Post #20)  (70 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v1.2.zip  (see detail at Post #25)  (28 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v1.3.zip  (see detail at Post #32)  (25 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v1.6.zip  (see detail at Post #52)  (19 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v1.7.zip  (see detail at Post #58)  (61 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v2.0.zip  (see detail at Post #76)  (120 downloads)

Bucket-for-URLs v2.1.zip  (see detail at Post #109)  (80 downloads)

Older Screenshots

Spoiler

BucketGUI_1-0.png.d693018470941a32451c727225b63ae6.png

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v3.3, see Post #3.

(v3.3) Added run options for my UpdateFromOPF program. Made some improvements to the Scan (ADD) process results. Added a Splash for 'UP' and 'Add To' button processes.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v1.4 , see Post #5.

(v1.4) Implemented my own much improved version of Titlecase (built-in Propercase function lacks in many areas). Increased the height of the 'Comments' field, and then added an 'Alway save to calibre' option, to save on clicks ... for those like me who always save that way. Series button restored after a wipe. Drag & Drop support added for a single OPF metadata folder or sub-folder.

(v1.3) Calibre library folder has now been changed to forcibly close only when Saving to calibre, thus leaving the folder open if not doing that.

(v1.2) Calibre library folder is now forcibly closed when OPF file imported, and if set, re-opened after saving the metadata changes to calibre. NOTE - This is done to prevent any leftover empty folders.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Bucket-for-URLs updated to v1.1. See Post #17.

(v1.1) Implemented replacement of pipe '|' characters with a dash in the Title during adding.

NOTE - Pipe characters were giving a problem with the Listview, with entries not showing, etc.

Spoiler

userbar.png